[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So for anyone that has a Switch, do you use a screen protector

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: Screen protector.jpg (88KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Screen protector.jpg
88KB, 1000x1000px
So for anyone that has a Switch, do you use a screen protector at all? My Switch is arriving tomorrow and am wondering if a screen protector is necessary, and if so which one(s) would you recommend?
>>
>>384590506
I don't use one, because simply I'm not an idiot. I know it is quite easy to scratch screens on any device, but as long as you carry your switch in a case, keep it docked when not in use, and play it with a firm grip you should be fine. I would recommend getting a dock sock though, and they are 10$ on Etsy
>>
I bought a screen protector and it was a complete waste of money because it had tons of bubbles and wouldn't stick on flatly. I ended up throwing it out and my Switch screen is completely fine, not a single scratch. People who tell you the screen protector is necessary are just trying to scam you.
>>
>>384590506
My dock has scratched my orzly glass screen protector, but my friend doesn't have one and his is fine.

My dock is bent.
>>
Im using hori one and yea its worth using.
>>
>>384590817
>>384590961
>>384591034
So I'd assume a dock sock would be a better idea then.
>>
>>384590506
No, why would I need one?
>>
While we're on the subject of useless accessories, don't waste your money on a pro controller either. The D-Pad is hilariously awful and not worth using.
>>
>>384590506
I ordered the 6.99 one off amazon with the highest reviews. Will be apply it friday. Tempered glass is amazing
>>
>>384590506
I use a HORI one. It took a scratch from the dock so my actual screen didn't have to.
>>
>>384591184
>drop switch
>screen cracks
Its going to happen eventually anon
>>
>>384590506
I got a freebie screen protector with a case I bought and my dock has scratched the bezels of the screen. Glad I had the screen protector. It was a cheap ass plastic protector, though. The scratches are really noticeable after 3 months.
>>
I use mine 100% handheld.

So i have a screen protector and a silicone case on like my iphone.
>>
>>384591130
No, unless you can find one that won't attract dust

>>384591185
Pro Controller has the best analogs on the market though. Get it if you feel like the joycon analogs bother you
>>
>>384591280
They made it plastic so the screen won't crack, and if it were to crack no screen protector could prevent it.
>>
>>384591280
https://youtu.be/y8QCFNAgPDo
2:08 to skip all the setup
>>
I bought a tempered glass screen protector on a sale and I think it was a great purchase. Can't even tell that it's there.

Also got a nice little carrying case with cartridge pouches.
>>
Here, OP. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3ASPNV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's cheap, easy to use, and it's made specifically for Switch, and you get two in one pack. It says it's anti-fingerprint, but that's a lie.
>>
>>384590817
>dock sock costs $10
>Screen protector costs $10 and comes with two
Are you retarded? You don't even have to bother being an autistic retard with "dock socks" and you can do whatever you want.
>>384590961
Learn to apply applications.
>>
>>384591379
You can certainly scratch it/crack it
>>
>>384591369
Mine has not gotten dusty, so I am unsure what you are getting at

>>384591130
Yes
>>
>>384591904
This is what I got. It's pretty great. Not exactly anti fingerprint but it's super discrete, can't tell it's there, and it comes with a cleaning cloth and a whole screen cleaning package.
>>
>>384591996
I don't see how it is autistic, unless you really take your dock outside your house anon? It's just a piece of fabric no need to shit yourself when you see one
>>
>>384592016
I was guessing that a dusty dock sock would be able to scratch the screen by itself. I may have the wrong interpretation of what a dock sock is

>>384592004
Scratch, yes, but cracking a switch screen would be very difficult. Check the video in >>384591502
>>
>>384590506
I oftenly use a screen protector for my consoles and phones.

It's never mandatory but I'd say that for the Switch it's recomended since the screen is made in soft plastic instead of glass and that there are issues with some faulty docks apparently scratching the screen.

>>384590961
Best technique to apply screen protector is to do it in a room full of "steam". It's not a joke, some anon told me that on another thread and since I use this technique it works flawlessly everytime.
First go to your bathroom, close doors and windows, and let the hot water runs for a like 2 minutes. Stop when there is steam on your mirror. Then clean your screen with a soft cloth and when the screen is perfectly clean, apply the screen protector. Chase away the few bubbles with a a credit card or something.
>>
So the generally idea is that a screen protector is better over a dock sock.

>>384591904
Yeah I was looking at that, I think I'll get it. Thanks.
>>
>>384592924
Well you can't use a dock sock when on the go, so I don't see a reason to use that over a screen protector in the first place.
>>
Actually, what i did was for mine was, i used the material it came wrapped in. All i did was cut it to fit the size of my dock so i can slide it in and out with no problems whatsoever. I can post a pic if you (any of you for that matter) would like to see it.
>>
>>384591904
I have this one. Works great, the tempered glass feels way better than the plastic touch screen.
>>
>>384591904
Got this one too. Cheap, two pack, works fine. You can't tell it's there, which I count as a big positive when it comes to shit like screen protectors.
>>
>>384590506
Screen protectors are for cringeworthy retards. If the dock scratches your screen through no fault of your own just yell at nintendo customer service to replace it. If you scratch your screen then you are an even bigger retard for not taking proper precautions and using a case.

I've had my Switch 2 months now and have not seen a single scratch, although tbqh I rarely use the dock and am extra careful when I do.
>>
>>384594609
I don't have any scratches either but having a screen protector gives me an extra little sense of security whenever I mandhandedly dock the switch
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.