[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your first experience with mmo games? >ten years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: that_feel.png (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
that_feel.png
14KB, 300x300px
What was your first experience with mmo games?

>ten years ago
>download wow tbc and start playing on the shitty private bugged server
>farm in the arathi basin or smth
>see player from another faction
>start attacking him
>he is writing "please dont kill please dont fight" (server was buggy as fuck and allowed cross faction chat)
>I killed him
>feel like shit, stop playing
>uninstal game
>never play any mmo again
>dream of this scene to this day
>>
>>384588409
This and nothing has ever compared to the experience. Ever since I've joined games too late and knowitall fags ruin exploration and adventure everytime.
>>
>>384588409
I played toon town, I don't like to talk about it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Qo2QZ8NE8
>>
RAgnarok online , 11 year old me couldn't go past lvl 45 because i was only allowed 1-2 hours of playtime
>>
>>384589198
You made me remember my friend from school who had five brothers and all of them could use computer for 30 minutes a day
>>
>>384588409
Ultima Online when I was like 7, so like 1999. I can't remember much except I was a Samurai who fished and cut trees a lot. Good shit.
>>
Ragnarok Online in like 2005 or 6 I can't remember.

Brother and I played together for most of it. Eventually had a large group of mutual friends.

I still have such fond memories of back then. Mostly of just finding a nice place to sit and talk with friends and passerby.

Every now and again I get a nostalgic itch and load up a private server, work up a bard, and then just wander around the world.

Even after the game ended I kept contact with a lot of the friends I made on there. Sadly most have grown distant in the long years.
>>
>>384590141
There will never be another MMO that fully replicates the real RO experience. It's pretty shit nowadays, with all of the renewal mechanics and the like, but I still remember the magical days of yesteryear. No game but RO has ever given me the same sense of adventure and wonder. You could literally just go into the wilderness and meet people, or set up a potion shop in some bumblefuck area of the woods and make money while you slept. That game had such an amazing sense of community and economy. What a great fucking MMO.
>>
>>384588409
Tibia in late 2002. A bunch of my high school buddies all played.
>>384588840
EQOA was the shit. I wonder if there are any private servers that you can emulate it.
>>
File: holyshit.jpg (91KB, 600x409px) Image search: [Google]
holyshit.jpg
91KB, 600x409px
Me and my brother got into WoW at the same time and we spent the first hours just running around taking it all in.
>reach SW
>theme kicks in
>our faces when
>>
>>384588409
Archlord and the Star Wars Galaxies trial. Can't remember which I played first. Then I had to decide between getting SWG or WoW. Chose WoW because my best friend at the time was playing it. Wish I got to play more of Galaxies though.
>>
>be 6
>buddy says something about this RuneScape game
>my computer is so shitty I can't even run the sound
>play it for the next few years
Damn fine game. I think it gave me autism, though.
>>
>teenager with a job
>World of Warcraft is about to hit.
>Put down $100 in preorders ($60 for the game, $30 for a 2 month card)
>Mightnight launch
>Get home
>Its shit
>Uninstall in 2 weeks and miss my $100 took me forever man
>>
File: 1471382470801.jpg (80KB, 592x533px) Image search: [Google]
1471382470801.jpg
80KB, 592x533px
>8 years ago
>be 13
>friends keep telling me to try WoW
>never cared for mmo's but they wouldn't stop bugging me so I downloaded a free trial
>choose night elf because it looks cool
>don't know what to do, walk around for a bit and do a guide or something
>guy tells me to do a quest to collect ore
>get some ore from a cave
>probably took around an hour or so
>his reward was some armor I couldn't wear because of my race or something
>head out of the tutorial area to some other forest place
>find someone in a chariot who asks me to get her something since she was attacked recently
>go to where the objective was, but die to some level 20 wasps or something
>appear in a ghost world, and no idea where to go to find my body, so give up

On one hand I might've missed some great memories in my teen years, on the other hand I probably saved a lot of money.
>>
My brother roped me into RuneScape. The next few days were basically me helping him with some get rich quick schemes rather than actual questing. It was fun but I'm more of a single player guy.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.