[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>played Kotor II 12 years ago >replay it again but download

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: latest.png (157KB, 276x368px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
157KB, 276x368px
>played Kotor II 12 years ago
>replay it again but download the HK47 restoration mod
>try to recreate all my steps from previous playthroughs
>all deez restored content making it feel like a new game
>Kreia and pals talking about shit I never heard of before
>everything becomes clearer
>HK50s have better explained motivations for being Reapers than the Reapers in the shitshow that was Mass Effect 3
>all these made clear in 20 minutes or less depending on how good your HK47 is at raping droids and pillaging the droid factory
Question was, why didn't they release it as an expansion pack and made shekels instead?
>>
>>384583261
>why didn't they release it as an expansion pack and made shekels instead?
Lucasarts stopped them from doing so, because Lucasarts has almost always been run by barely-competent retards.
>>
>>384584459
>because Lucasarts has almost always been run by barely-competent retards.
More money isn't enough to motivate them?
Kreia was a good """villain""" before the patch, but with it it is cemented that she literally did nothing wrong
>>
>>384583261
same reason obsidian didnt make legion cut content a dlc to make a more finished final game. they felt like it would be a scumbag kike move to charge for cut content

i guess it would be but i still wish we could have had it
>>
>>384584737
>More money isn't enough to motivate them?
Nah, Lucasarts in its final years was a mess, run by people who had no idea what they were doing. The insane thing is they rushed games like KotOR II and Jedi Academy with the demand they'd replicate the huge success of previous games in the series, even though those previous games were loved because of their quality, so it would've made far more sense to spend /more/ time on development to ensure better quality.

What's really galling is that The Sith Lords was rushed for Christmas (which doesn't even make fucking sense, considering it was both a SW game and a sequel to the massively-successful KotOR I) and then Obsidian offered to release a patch containing most of the cut content, but Lucasarts refused for no good reason. Like I said, incompetent retards. Fuck Lucasarts.

>Kreia was a good """villain""" before the patch, but with it it is cemented that she literally did nothing wrong
I'm glad you enjoyed the RCM, anon. In retrospect, all the important parts of KotOR II's ending is there, but the restored content does make the game so much better. It's all those little touches, like the extra dialogue and companion interactions.
I agree with you that Kreia did nothing wrong, right all along. Good thing she wins, too.
>>
>>384585930
>but Lucasarts refused for no good reason.
Lucas hated how Kotor II complicated his good-bad dichotomy of the force
>>
>>384586273
>Lucas is a salty retard who can't appreciate brilliance or tolerate deviation from his own ideas
What a fucking surprise.

Lucas stopped Atris from being recruitable and romanceable, and I will never, ever forgive him.
>>
Is lucasarts even around anymore?
>>
>>384586273
And the funny thing is that he flip flopped on that position as well with the Mortis arc in TCWs
>>
>>384586967
Only in name, Disney acquired them as part of Lucasfilm and sacked the remaining staff; I believe they only still exist to act as a licensor for existing LucasArts games.
A better end than they deserve, desu
>>
>>384586273
Complete bullshit since he approved the game and the decisions the Chris made. It's stated nowhere that he hated KOTOR 2 or KOTOR
>>
File: no (2).jpg (88KB, 419x580px) Image search: [Google]
no (2).jpg
88KB, 419x580px
>>384587794
I don't care.
>>
File: DroidPLanet.jpg (247KB, 1680x721px) Image search: [Google]
DroidPLanet.jpg
247KB, 1680x721px
>>384583261
The restoration project is really smooth and well implemented, there are only two huge sins in my opinion
>droid planet
fuck that boring ass nonsense place, at least it's an optional download that I'll never play again
>droid factory level
fuck that quest, is there a way to skip it? Also, are there more people that hate this quest? It is horribly unbalanced
>>
>>384588421
>droid level
>play solo as sadistic HK47 and take on equally sadistic HK50s by yourself
>not fun
And
>that missed opportunity to make Episode 7 about the Unknown Threat that Revan saw
implying Palpatine did not see the same thing and is basically doing another Revan
>>
>>384589571
>play solo as sadistic HK47 and take on equally sadistic HK50s by yourself
>not fun
That was not my point, the level was horribly unbalanced on a gameplay point of view, story was okay
>>
>>384589571
>that missed opportunity to make Episode 7 about the Unknown Threat that Revan saw
I think they worked on that on TOR, don't know about how that turned out
>implying Palpatine did not see the same thing and is basically doing another Revan
That would be neat if done well, but I don't think it would ressonate well between fans that the big bad in their 40 year old franchise actualy did nothing wrong
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.