[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have multiple lines for pretty much any situation in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

>have multiple lines for pretty much any situation in the game
>have something to say about most landmarks
>participate in player dialogues
>can affect the quests
>talk to each other when swapped
>interact with environment and talk to NPCs when in settlements
>don't follow PC like a train - walk around in realistic manner
>have likes and dislikes, will outright leave you if they find PC's actions outright offensive
>have personal quests
Name a game that did companions better than Fallout 4.

Pro tip: you can't.
>>
>>384579369
Knuckles' Chaotix
>>
File: Mistress Newspaper.png (2MB, 1200x919px) Image search: [Google]
Mistress Newspaper.png
2MB, 1200x919px
>dropping some shit off at a settlement
>piper starts smithing something
What the fuck do you think you're doing? You don't know anything about crafting, you dumb thot.
>>
>>384579369
The companions were okay but they lacked dialogue and personality.

If you had obsidian writing the companions, with the budget and team of bethesda it'd be perfect.
>>
File: New Vegas.jpg (147KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
New Vegas.jpg
147KB, 1024x683px
>>384579369
New Vegas

Speaking of Fallout 4 though. Anyone know some mods that make the game fun?
>>
File: Veronica_Santangelo.jpg (410KB, 991x708px) Image search: [Google]
Veronica_Santangelo.jpg
410KB, 991x708px
>>384579645
>If you had obsidian writing the companions
I see you haven't played last Obsidian games, because companions there were awful. Also, picrelated.
>>384579750
>NV
>muh dead wife
>muh caravan
>I'm a lesbian lmao
>I'm like gay but also smart, omg Enclave is sooo bad!
>I'm ghoul version of Vic from cult classic Fallout 2, boss!
Granny mutant was so lolrandumb she's not even worth mentioning.
>>
>>384579645
Yeah. This is what I want. Its really just sad I never see this happening.

I like Obsidian's CRPGs well enough but I I want them to do something larger than that. I don't really care for that subgenre but Obsidian makes it worth playing. Now if they were to go away from turn based isometric I would be all in.

If they were to have a fully voice acted game with all of the options of their CRPGs(minus the protagonist, obviously) I would cry. But this is all a dream.
>>
>>384580182
>muh dead wife
Mercy killing your own wife and your wife's unborn son to save them from misery would fuck a guy up. It's better than just muh deadwife
>muh caravan
she's mad because the caravan is literally all she owned and it leads into her personal quest..
>im a lesbian
A very small piece of dialogue only if you specifically ask her if she's been in love
>Im like gay
You only know this if you pick up the fucking gay perk
>im a ghoul
never used raul lol
>>
File: Fucken Lautrec.jpg (181KB, 1280x463px) Image search: [Google]
Fucken Lautrec.jpg
181KB, 1280x463px
>>384580182
Gosh dang oh darn. You disagree with me? On /v/? This is unheard of. I need to go slit my wrists.
>>
>>384579369
>constantly stand in doorways so you can't get past
yeah, they're fucking great
>>
>>384579369
SOMEONE POST THE WEBM OF FALLOUT 4 COMPANION TRIGGERING TRIPWIRE

YOU KNOW THE ONE
>>
>>384579750
Live Dismemberment and mods that increase enemy spawn rates like War of the Commonwealth made it pretty fun, I went into the big city to get to a quest and it turned into a struggle to get out and a war with raiders coming out from every building, roof and alleyway to fight in the streets with armless people running in fear and the crippled laying down in the middle of the fight. Super Mutants, Mechanist robots, Brotherhood and Institute synths also got involved

On the other hand it makes actually completing quests that take place there a huge pain when NPCs keep cancelling their conversation because vertibirds firing their guns off in the distance to enemies alert them of danger
>>
File: what was all that about.webm (3MB, 384x240px) Image search: [Google]
what was all that about.webm
3MB, 384x240px
I'm having much more fun with FO4 than I did with TW3. Having to rely on your own senses instead of witcher ones during exploration is nice.
>>
>>384580848
thanks todd i will go buy it right away!
>>
File: shadow world.webm (3MB, 736x460px) Image search: [Google]
shadow world.webm
3MB, 736x460px
>>384581038
You should, much more value there than in baby's first Ubisoft slav game. Less glitches and more attention to detail as well.
>>
>>384581181
wow! i am convinced! fallout 4 is great
>>
>>384580376
>A very small piece of dialogue only if you specifically ask her if she's been in love
Or if you tell her to stay close to you, which is a companion command.
>You only know this if you pick up the fucking gay perk
He mentions this like twice in his personal quest.
>>
>>384581550
Sorry I've never actually played new vegas I just know /v/ likes it so I like it too
>>
>>384581690
Yeah me neither I'm just sort of making assumptions to support my argument
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.