[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you reboot Perfect Dark for current gen? >as a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: iaEvybX.jpg (710KB, 1417x1024px) Image search: [Google]
iaEvybX.jpg
710KB, 1417x1024px
How would you reboot Perfect Dark for current gen?

>as a WRPG/Shooter (e.g. Deus Ex)
>as a 3rd person stealth game (e.g. Splinter Cell)
>as an old-school shooter (e.g. Timeplitters)
?
>>
>>384579004
>as a WRPG/Shooter (e.g. Deus Ex)
>as a 3rd person stealth game (e.g. Splinter Cell)
Being a secret agent allws for several different ways to go about things, but this seems to be the most common way to really get across a character's overall capabilities. Though, I'm not sure how big a focus there should be on improving skills, since the idea of the character is that she aced all her exams and qualifications, hence the nickname Joanna "Perfect" Dark.

I remember that Rare Replay featurette about how one of their scrapped projects was going to be the almost-obligatory "grim and gritty" sequel to Perfect Dark. Good thing that fell through.
>>
i think they were going to 3rd person stealth already, considering the cool 1 time use in levels gadgets the game had.

Flesh out those mechanics, make Datadyne more of a threat keep the maian skedar shit
>>
i genuinely don't give a shit what sort of game it's like as long as it has the mission/difficulty/cheat structure of the n64 shooters and the multiplayer customisation

i genuinely do not understand why devs have spent the last 20 years plagiarising fucking regen health but completely failed to copy this aspect of goldeneye and perfect dark. it gave them so much fucking replay value
>>
I think a game like Crysis with the on the fly gun mods would be the best fit.
>>
As a fast-paced shooter where the player can carry every weapon in the level, and is dependent on health and armor pickups, but with rudimentary stealth, hand-to-hand and disarming abilities.

Basically just take Perfect Dark and refine it with modern sensibilities like less floaty aiming.

Honestly, it's a shame the Goldeneye/TimeSplitters Free Radical crew is basically a shell of its former self working on whatever dumb shit Deep Silver makes them do.

Get them and the Rare guys together to make a glorified TimeSplitters 4 under the guise of the Perfect Dark license is the dream team for FPS's.
>>
Uncharted-style cinematic shooter
>>
>>384581227
>i think they were going to 3rd person stealth already, considering the cool 1 time use in levels gadgets the game had.
How do you mean?
>>
>>384583650
The game already had segments of stealth in them.

You had to infiltrate most missions, wear disguises all the time, deactivate key components of the facilities you were in. You also had those gadgets like the cam spy or the data thingy (forgot the name).

It's just that the game does sudden "shit hit the fan, shoot your way out" segments with all the missions.

DESU the later half ditched the stealth pretty hard when the skedar are introduced
>>
>>384579004
it should be like what it was. objective based levels where higher difficulty gives you more objectives in addition making enemies tougher.
Have a half decent multi. give us some scenarios those are fun and not hard to string together. there a good game is born
>>
File: 1471832218319.jpg (28KB, 429x399px) Image search: [Google]
1471832218319.jpg
28KB, 429x399px
>>384579004

>remake the game
>delete zero from existence
>think on a second part and its refinements
>>
File: perfect dark 4.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
perfect dark 4.webm
2MB, 640x360px
it's perfect the way it is

just make more of it
>>
Was Zero the one on the 360? I only ever played that game but apparently it's the worst one or something? I still managed to enjoy it anyway. How were the previous games?
>>
File: 1225932079769.jpg (31KB, 600x347px) Image search: [Google]
1225932079769.jpg
31KB, 600x347px
>>384584932
Perfect Dark Zero was a release title for the 360. Despite reviewing relatively positively (81 on Metacritic), it's generally considered a disappointment. It's not just that the story is bad and the AI is a dumbfuck, but ultimately, the game didn't live up to its standards, whether as a sequel to the original Perfect Dark or as a killer app FPS meant to sell the console (compared to Halo on the OG XBOX).
>>
>>384581448
>i genuinely do not understand why devs have spent the last 20 years plagiarising fucking regen health but completely failed to copy this aspect of goldeneye and perfect dark. it gave them so much fucking replay value
EA/Activision/Ubi etc spend so much money on every part of a game, that they want every player to experience everything. Their gameplay is designed around this; it's why AAA games are so easy.
Blocking parts of levels with difficulty modes would mean most people would never see that content. And we can't have that!
>>
File: mission08_29.jpg (20KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
mission08_29.jpg
20KB, 500x351px
Hire IO Interactive to do it in the vain of Hitman
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.