[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Games should be judged as a whole! Not by their individual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 14045432345.jpg (339KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
14045432345.jpg
339KB, 1000x1000px
>Games should be judged as a whole! Not by their individual parts. Would you judge a sandwich by its individual pieces?

Game 'analyzers' always say this shit. Whether or not you go list by list of each parts of a game or say it as a whole you'll still get the same end result.
>>
Who cares is all subjective stop caring about opinions so much
>>
File: 1485326788322.jpg (78KB, 658x482px) Image search: [Google]
1485326788322.jpg
78KB, 658x482px
>Would you judge a sandwich by its individual pieces?
Let's be honest, why wouldn't you?
Why can't you judge the individual pieces of a sandwich you're eating, such as the texture of the bread or the flavors of the cheeses, meats, mayos that were used?
Those are all integral pieces of the sandwich and if you can't tell what stands out about them, either good or bad, you're kinda stupid, yo.

But seriously
>game reviewers/analyzers
why do you stupid fucking faggots even care about those people? Especially knowing how garbage video game journalism (or just journalism in general) is. Do you just shoving rusted nails into your fingernails?
>>
In the end a game is still the sum of its parts, right. There's valid reasons to nitpick at details as well as view the piece as a whole. It's a reviewer's job to point both out and ultimately recommend a game or not. What bothers me more is when people review games by set categories like "gameplay, graphics, sound" etc like Gamespot used to long a few years ago. Some games put a lot more/less focus on certain aspects to drive their point. Some games might not have any audio at all, with reason. It's narrow to put equal focus on all of them for all games.
>>
>>384578449
He probably saw that errant signal video whining about people not considering story and gameplay as one thing where he says tht dumb shit
>>
>>384578063
You enjoy a sandwich with spoiled mayo on it?
>>
>>384578694
That video was terrible. The only time I'll consider a game bad for having a shit story is if it's narrative focused. He whines about reviewers treating game and story as different entities, when the developers themselves do that. I'll be damned if something like dmc should be considered shit because it's story isn't trying to be the high echelon of art.
>>
>Would you judge a sandwich by its individual pieces?

Yes. If the bread is shit, the sandwich can't be good. You can't remove it because then you don't have a sandwich anymore. If the meat is shit, you can take it out maybe? the original idea of the sandwich would still be shit.

Shit ingredients can make the whole product shit.
>>
>>384579185
My main gripe was when he said ludonarrative dissonance was a dumb term.

Then he tries to compare it to movies by saying you wouldn't critique a movie by story and cinematography separately.

Meanwhile the term he made up actually exists in movies, there's plenty of shitty movies where the writing says character is X and the cinematography presents them as Y and it's fucks with everything.
>>
>>384578321
But you don't understand, OP needs validation of popular people sharing his opinion because video games are all he has in his life and thus if he is "wrong" about a game then his life loses meaning.
>>
>>384579675
But I hardly play games anymore. I spend most of my time reading and trying to be a better writer.
>>
>>384579784
And yet you're here, making a thread about how people form their opinions wrong
>>
>>384579829
Well yeah, do you think I'm doing it 24/7? If you think that's what the thread is about, then oh well.
>>
>>384578449
>dude I watched the avgn and pewdiepie and kotaku and uhhhhhh basically all video game writing is gay as fuck obviously
>>
>>384579936
Also, I thought discussing the way we approach assessing games would be interesting on the board where everyone is has something to say about the latest release.
>>
The old system of giving gameplay / graphics / story / sound / technical / netcode each seperate scores was really retarded and never actually told you anything about the fucking game.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.