[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the BotW honeymoon period is over can we finally accept

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

File: 28e.png (264KB, 840x876px) Image search: [Google]
28e.png
264KB, 840x876px
Now that the BotW honeymoon period is over can we finally accept that MM is still the best 3d Zelda? Will the second DLC season be the push BotW needs?
>>
>>384574789
BoTW > MM > WW > OoT > TP >>>>> SS
I don't like a very linear Zelda but MM gets a pass because if how cool it is
>>
>>384574789
BotW > TP > SS > WW > OoT > MM
>>
>>384574789
MM > OoT > WW > BotW > TP > SS
>>
OoT > MM > BotW > WW > SS > TP

t. bought each game on release date with my own salaried money
>>
>>384575161
What the fuck

If I wasn't SO SURE you were trolling, I'd be mad.
>>
>>384575401
I'm not trolling, this is genuinely how I'd rate them based on my enjoyment with them.
>>
MM > OoT > BotW > TP > WW > SS
>>
>>384574789
I can't consider a Zelda game that literally reduces the world down to gated off unrelated biomes in each of the cardinal directions best anything.
>>
>>384575161
Literal shit taste
>>
>>384574789
BOTW is the worst 3d zelda.
not because it's bad, gods no, it's a great game.
it's just shitty as a zelda game.
>>
>>384576541
>it's a great game.
honestly, it's a 7/10 game too anon
>>
>>384577797
c'mon, it really is 8/10.
then things start scaling stupidly and it's down to a 6/10.
then you acquire competence and it goes back to an 8/10 again.
>>
>>384574789
There are only two great and one good 3D Zeldas.

The great ones:
OoT
BotW

The good one:
MM
>>
File: th.jpg (8KB, 301x171px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
8KB, 301x171px
>>384577995
okay so let's agree on a 7.5/10
>>
Does Mario Kart 8 Deluxe count as a 3d Zelda game?
>>
>>384574789
BOTW is pretty good. It could be improved in some areas.

While I think being able to pick up a shit ton of weapons is cool, I think the durability system could be tweaked. Maybe make weapons be a bit more durable and upgradable like equipment. This isn't a huge issue for me, but I think it would be better.

Majoras Mask is still on top simply because of one thing. Side quests. If BotW had more sidequest like MM had, this game would be amazing.
Also some more enemies would be nice. I'm a bit surprised they didn't at least have a dodongo
>>
File: soldier thumbs up.png (90KB, 188x245px) Image search: [Google]
soldier thumbs up.png
90KB, 188x245px
>>384578271
works for me.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
Can anyone explain why when given the zpra armor Nintendo didn't allow link to swim like the way he did in Majora's mask?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwABdY1fRR0

Also why is paragliding not nearly as fun as it should be?

https://youtu.be/_CfvigV5oPs?t=73
>>
>>384575663
How the fuck did you enjoy SS more than ANY of those games below it?

TP I get, BOTW I get, but what the fuck.
>>
>>384577797
>>384577995
>>384578271
>>384578623

Yall are cute.

But yeah BOTW is a 7/10 at the very least. I think Nintendo did a lot of great things and maybe some poor choices. I hope they try to do future Zelda games like this. It's going to hurt if they never do climbing like this again. I hope it becomes a stable in the 3d games. I'd love a grappling hook so you can swing across gaps
>>
BotW > WW > MM > OoT > TP > SS

WW over MM simply because of the sense of adventure. MM is a better game in many respects, but WW just felt like the most adventurous, Bildungsroman style classic adventure story of the whole series, and I love that about it.

Plus I just love earthsea style ocean/island settings.
>>
For me it's really hard to honestly rate BotW compared to the other Zelda games, since it deviates so hard from the normal formula. If I compare it using the usual metrics (How good were the dungeons and boss battles? Were the items fun to use for more than just one token task in one dungeon? etc.) I'd say it was a shit Zelda game, but it'll probably be among my favorite games to come out in the year.
>>
>>384578679
Loved the game, but I was bothered how water wasn't really a huge part of it. I would have loved to be able to swim underwater. I think gliding is fun though, I think anything more would make the game a bit too easy...
>>
>>384574789
BotW is the best game of all time, so no
>>
>>384578917
the biggest issue for me is that BOTW has zero depth, not in it's world, not in it's presentation, and not in the gameplay. Everything is shiny and polished on the surface, but once you get pass that initial wow phase, the game poses no challenge for you to play.
>>
>>384579207
>Everything is shiny and polished on the surface, but once you get pass that initial wow phase, the game poses no challenge for you to play.
So like literally every other Zelda game then.
>>
wasnt botw super shitty cause it was way too easy? didnt even have a difficulty slider? I refunded that game when I heard they were going to be making the first game in history that would charge you for a difficulty setting.
Nintendo is going backwards.
>>
>>384579268
yes, but other zelda's weren't open ended games, so it didn't bother me as much.
>>
>>384578679
because then they would have to code in that swimstyle, and why would they do that when they could instead put more manpower into making more map content?
>>384578917
>I hope it becomes a staple in the 3D games
gods no. BoTW was a good chance for the series to do something new, but keeping climbing would mean that the entire game would have to be built around the mechanic again. There's only so many times Nintendo can make a giant world you can explore freely that's actually fun to wander around in. I'd rather see more structured games in the series rather than see nintendo just falling into the same trap that bethesda did and just shit out a giant boring world full of nothing once or twice a console gen.
>>
>>384579141
That's a fair point. I'm unsure how to feel about it to be honest. I've always felt that "puzzles" in 3d zelda game were a bit weak. I thought the open ended physic based puzzles were a big step up in this game. They might not be super hard, but I feel like they make it more fun. It emulates the best temples from the N64 era games in my eyes. The best dungeons were always the ones that let you alter them in some way, so the puzzle isn't isolated to one room, the puzzle is actually the whole dungeon.
>>
File: jFioOs9.png (668KB, 1024x658px) Image search: [Google]
jFioOs9.png
668KB, 1024x658px
>>384579358
>first game in history that would charge you for a difficulty setting.
BotW is not OOT.
>>
>>384578729
I really liked the story and had no problems whatsoever with the controls, I also liked the upgrade system.
For me, the good just heavily outweigh the bad in SS, I enjoy the other aspects too much for the imprisoned repeat fights and hand holding to make me not like the game.
Really the games are all pretty close together with my enjoyment, well except for MM, I've never really had that much of a good time with MM.
>>
>>384579387
That's a good point. I think I just love the climbing haha.
>>
>>384575290
Ww is trash, boy. Its an awful game. Dull, repetive, boring, easy, and unfun
>>
>>384579589
That's why it's third on his list m8
>>
File: 1486132891111.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486132891111.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
best taste coming through

BoTW > LttP > MM > OoT > WW > SS > TP
>>
>>384579572
Honestly what I think nintendo really should do is start up a new IP if they ever want to do more Botw style open worlds.
>>
>>384579439
>The best dungeons were always the ones that let you alter them in some way, so the puzzle isn't isolated to one room, the puzzle is actually the whole dungeon.
I'd agree with you there, but the problem is that was basically the only trick BotW had for it's dungeons. Once you got the gist of whatever gimmick the divine beast was working with the dungeon was pretty much solved. The physics-based puzzles, while occasionally neat, were often way too simple, and any lateral thinking applied to them is usually from you missing the point of them and trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. It's fun to have alternate answers to puzzles, but it's not a good thing if the puzzle is so simple that the only fun you can get from it is trying to find some way to break it's rules.
>>
File: 1499379379306.gif (1MB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
1499379379306.gif
1MB, 300x188px
>>384574789
>MM is a good Zelda
I hope this is bait.
>>
>>384579480
>charge
Guess how I know you're underage?
>>
>>384574917
Swap TP and WW and remove all those unnecessary greaterthans and you have my list
TP is just OoT with a slightly darker theme and better dungeons, i don't know why people always put it so low. did 8.8 really do that to people's perception of the game?
>>
>>384580035
Pretty good taste. I have some differences, but pretty good. Putting LttP up there isn't even fair haha. 2D zelda games stomp the 3D ones. I love Link Between Worlds too.
>>
BotW > MM > TP = OoT > WW > SS
Anything else is wrong.
>>
>>384580339
TP and WW both share the exact same flaws. I don't know why people rate one of them above the other.
>>
>>384574789
Honestly, I think BOTW is the start of the 3rd era of Zelda games. Now there's 2D Zelda, 3D Zelda, and Open World Zelda.
>>
>>384582310
>2d zeldas were good
>3d zeldas were meh
>first OW zelda is crap
jeez
>>
>>384582585
3D was crap. At least OW Zelda isn't holding your hand.
>>
>>384582665
there is nothing to hold your hand through. there is zero challenge in the game dude
>>
>>384574789
Now we just need some kind of young link game with Midna.
>>
>>384582753
it's fucking zelda. if you've ever had trouble with something that wasn't finding where you have to go you're probably retarded.
>>
File: 1498007294413.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498007294413.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
>>384582585
>>384582665
None of them are crap you contrarian fucks
>>
>>384574789
BotW is a pretty good base to build upon, but the actual meat of the game is lacklustre compared to other 3D Zelda games. If it had a number of proper dungeons it would be the best Zelda game by far.
>>
>>384582753
No other 3D Zelda games have anything close to Guardians and Lynels.
Or something like the extreme climates, they're punishing and not outright explained anywhere
>>
>>384574789
BoTW>MM>OoT>SS>TP>WW
>>
>>384583192
I guess the Peahats in OoT are pretty scary to tussle with when you're fresh out of Kokiri Forest.
>>
Because of the DLC I don't expect a sequel to BOTW in this decade, but once they do make one I really hope they use Majora's Mask as a blueprint. I don't necessarily want them to use the three day gimmick again but in terms of making a small, compact world bursting with detail and personality.
>>
>>384574789
MM is the worst Zelda right next to skyward sword. Fuck timers and fuck the ocarina
>>
>>384583623
>being this shit at games
Most things in MM only take like half a day, you could get all the way up to the dungeon entrance in the middle of Day 2 and reset for three whole days.
>>
I still like BotW more. It and MM are the only ones I like as games, though.
>>
>>384583262
Legit question here, not trying to start shit up or anything. How come you liked SS better than WW or TP?
>>
Alttp > BotW > LbW > WW > LA > MM > LoZ > the rest
>>
>>384582753
There's zero challenge in Wind Waker and Minish Cap and those games decided Link needed an obnoxious talking boat and obnoxious talking hat.
>>
>>384584059
This.
I've never understood why people complain about that. Plus you get a song that slows down time.
>>
>>384580035
>LTTP
>3D
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.