[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this worth it? I've been looking for an MMO to get into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: yoy.png (158KB, 702x305px) Image search: [Google]
yoy.png
158KB, 702x305px
Is this worth it? I've been looking for an MMO to get into to kill some free time. I've played this before and enjoyed my time with it, but that was before either expansion packs came out. I think i have a level 30 something Dragoon before I quit. Am I able to make a Samurai or Red Mage right off the bat, or do I need to pass some threshold in the story to "unlock" these classes? 25 bucks for all 3 expansions seems like a good deal, what do you guys think? Do people still even play this game?
>>
>>384574339
you just have to own stormblood to have access to rdm and samurai

you get the quests to become them in uldah
>>
>>384574415
Do I need to be a specific level to start these quests? Will I have trouble completing them if I'm too low level?
>>
>>384574598
You need to have one job at level 50 there is no story requirements
>>
>>384574685
Shit okay. How's the grind to 50 in this game? Is it slow as fuck?
>>
>>384574779
You can get to 50 easy, especially if you already have a 30.
Just do story and duty roulette leveling every once in a while and you will be overleveled for most MSQ content.
>>
>>384575126
Hey cool, thanks pal. Does this game still have a pretty active community? I know Stormblood came out semi-recently, that probably helped breath some life into it.
>>
>>384575940
High pop servers like Gilgamesh have queues in the hundreds every time you log in.
I'm on Ultros and since SB I've consistently had a queue in the 20-50 range, which generally means I need to wait about a minute or two to get in.
>>
>>384576461
That's good news. I'll probably scoop it then. Can't go wrong for 25 bucks, right?
>>
>>384574779
Get to level 18 and grind palace of the dead for ez money and levels
>>
>>384575940
I should mention that server choice isn't a crazy big deal at this point since you can do most instanced content (duties/raids) with anybody in your server cluster.

Gilga is just a high pop server since streamerfags mostly play on there.
>>
>>384574339
Try the game out before you buy. It's free to level any class to 35, and you can get a feel for it pretty decently.
It's pretty boring overall and just another gear treadmill. It's good in comparison to other modern MMOs, but that doesn't make it a good one compared to the greats of old. It's just a dead genre.
>>
Another question: Will I be able to link this to my main account? Since I already have ARR account with my level 35 Dragoon, is it possible to link these 2 expansions from cdkeys.com to my main account or would I have to start fresh?
>>
>>384576643
Yeah man.
Also, go for the most basic sub option, as it is the cheapest allowing only one character per server, but you can max out ALL jobs/subjobs on a single character.
>>
>>384576785

Game shines the most when you are a few friends have your own free company and house

>tfw building airships
>>
>>384576804
Just go to Mognet and find the button fot adding stuff to your account. Should prompt you for any keys.

A note: You need a unique key for each PLATFORM. i.e. you can play on/with PC/PS4 players, but need to buy the game/expansion for whatever platform you will be using, so you can't have ARR on PS4 and then buy HW and SB for PC and then play that content on PS4, and vice versa.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.