[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Corruption in Video Game Reviews? > https://www.rockpap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: k.jpg (23KB, 255x222px) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
23KB, 255x222px
Corruption in Video Game Reviews?

> https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/06/28/longsword-tabletop-tactics-is-part-game-part-tabletop-platform/

Check out the review by Fraser Brown for Longsword - created by the same guy who abandoned Stardrive and Stardrive 2, Daniel DiCicco.

Fraser Brown says:

Since I actually reviewed both Stardrive and Stardrive 2, I didn’t need to read Steam reviews. Nor are Steam reviews “research”.

Is this corruption in gaming?
>>
>>384572850
Considering how a lot of Steam reviews are just chucklefucks that think they are funny and write unhelpful quotes and smart-assery like /v/ he's not wrong with
>Nor are Steam reviews "research"
other than the port/bug/performance whining.
>>
The only steam reviews that matter are the thumbs down since they are only ones that give objective reviews while not shitting on the game completely. A majority of steam reviews are just epic memers trying to outfunny each other
>>
>>384572850
Why would you read reviews as a part of your own review process?
It makes no sense.
>>
>>384574940
Makes sense if you found some bug, or if you're having performance issues and check if you're the only one with it, or it's a widespread issue.
>>
>>384574940
>>384575078

Well, I mean in this case it was the amount of complaints about the lack of support / development for the previous two games.

While I wouldn't say that Steam reviews qualify as "official" reviews like >>384573821 pointed out, the reception of the previous games and common issues had by people who purchased them DOES seem relevant when reviewing . . .

I mean, he wasn't even reviewing an actual game, but the Kickstarter of the game.

It just seemed sketchy to me.
>>
>>384572850
Well like 95% of Steam reviews are "it's good/shit/memes" or "Hahaha got fucked in the ass 10/10 would get fucked again".

You don't have to make a case to ignore those. That's just something people expect you to ignore. If anything, bringing it up is what makes it suspicious. Like you think you should but you're making a case not to.

Because you know the Steam reviews are right. And that's terrifying.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.