[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The game wants you to be stealthy merciful Jesus >85%

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 250px-Dishonored.jpg (26KB, 250x311px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Dishonored.jpg
26KB, 250x311px
>The game wants you to be stealthy merciful Jesus
>85% of your toolkit are loud death machines
>>
>>384566749
>people were defending this shitheap
I am still laughing.
>>
>>384567263
I found it a very good game after setting my own rules and limitations on the character's abilities and actions

it was seemingly very nearly ruined by focustesters, but the game that the developers intended people to play is still in there, you just have to identify and disregard all the babby-tier mechanics and wayfinders to get that experience
>>
>>384566749
The game doesn't "want" you to be shit, you can play any way you like
>>
>>384567263
They're still defending it and they're right, it's one of the best games of the last gen just like Dishonored 2 will be one of the best this gen even if Prey kind of makes it less memorable.

All good Immersive Sims become cult classics.
>>
>>384566749
>game gives you a vast array of tools and powers to accomplish objective
>faggot on /v/ complains there's too many
Fuck you OP I hope you die alone
>>
I'm fine with that. I just pick whatever is the fastest route to fuck shit up in vidya, so I got the skill that makes bodies disappear after you kill them and just killed everyone
The increase in rats and weepers barely even matters
>>
>>384566749
There's only so many ways not to kill someone.

But there's a lot of ways to end a life.
>>
>>384566749
>Wants you
You can do it like you want.
>>
>>384568584
Imagine being this brainwashed,holy fuck.
>>
>>384569289
yeah enjoy your 20 Ubisoft style games a year
>>
>every stealth game ever
>>
File: IMG_8857.jpg (71KB, 658x658px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8857.jpg
71KB, 658x658px
>>384566749
>thinking the game wants you to do something
>not being independent enough to do what you want yourself

Move out of your parents basement you bum.
>>
File: 1500551111264.jpg (26KB, 444x446px) Image search: [Google]
1500551111264.jpg
26KB, 444x446px
>>384566749
>The game wants you to be stealthy merciful Jesus
At what point did the game say/implying this? High chaos is the most patrician way to play.
>>
>>384566749
Wait, Wouldn't that mean if you defeat the game being steathy your a better player than those who weren't stealthy considering >85% of your toolkit are loud death machines
>>
>>384566749
>>The game wants you to be stealthy merciful Jesus

What's wrong with it?
I enjoyed the fact that I was able to ghost the entire game. Half of the guards probably thought I'm just some gov meme to make them not sleep on duty.
>>
>>384567801

>it was seemingly very nearly ruined by focustesters, but the game that the developers intended people to play is still in there, you just have to identify and disregard all the babby-tier mechanics and wayfinders to get that experience

game is still complete babymode no matter what you do though
>>
Watch_Dogs 2 pulls this shit. The game doesn't require you to be non lethal, its more so the protag isn't a angry fuck like the first game. Quite friendly n shit.

Ubisoft mentioned there are no cutscenes where the protag threatens someone with a gun or makes death threats.

And so your only non lethal weapons are a melee attack and a limited range stun gun.

A DLC added a taser sniper rifle and a beanbag shotgun though
>>
>>384569289
THIS!
>>
dishonored is what happens when you take the greatest genre influences and apply retarded valve playtester methodology to make sure everything is streamlined to shit and never challenges the player. it coulda been a contender, but it's shit.
>>
>>384566749
I never understood Dishonored.
It has always looked like something I'd enjoy but when playing it, it just all feels completely artificial.
I ended up completing Dishonored 1+DLC at some point but didn't like it that much. Same for the Dishonored 2 demo, something feels off-putting and I can't pinpoint any particular reason.
>>
The game doesn't want you to do shit. Are you upset over the high chaos vs low chaos endings? The fuck did you think would happen when you spend most of game murdering everything that moves. You can still kill people and get the low chaos ending you know, just don't be a psycho about it
>>
Dishonored with no powers is basically what a modern Theif game would be.
>>
>>384566749
They put that shit in for the babies who want an action game instead of a stealth game. The game isn't forcing you to use any of those things.
>>
File: 1500134229219.png (495KB, 800x602px) Image search: [Google]
1500134229219.png
495KB, 800x602px
>>384569289
>Somebody likes a game a lot
>"Holy fuck, you're brainwashed"
Just /v/ things.
>>
>>384566749
Well you did say Jesus, and Jesus was tempted quite a lot. The game's tempting you probably.
>>
>>384566749
> It would be so easy to just...murder here and there, and everywhere.

I like that, same with MGSV, you've got all these guns and explosives, and a knife, but it's a lot more satisfying to ghost an area non lethally.
>>
>>384573921
This.

Stealth games are at their best when they're contained sandboxes.
>>
>>384573612
Didn't you get the memo? Anything anyone likes is shit, unless it's MGS, New Vegas or KOTOR.
>>
>>384567263
It's a good game
The problem comes when people call it "Thief's spiritual successor". Like WTF, did they ever played Thief?
>>
>The game wants you to be
I don't think the game gives a shit
>>
>>384574187
blame the dev they're the ones who started it
>>
>>384574187
It technically is since Arkane is filled with ex-Looking Glass devs.

And it has more in common with Thief than whatever the fuck THI4F was.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.