[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Being a Switch title hurt this game. You can tell they designed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Being a Switch title hurt this game.

You can tell they designed this game with being a handheld title in mind. Almost all the content in this game is extremely bitesized. I wouldn't be surprised if the game was originally supposed to have proper dungeons/larger shrines, but when they decided to make it a handheld game they went and reworked it so that it would be easier to play in small chunks.
>>
>>384566613
>originally for Wii U
>ported to switch in 2016
(you)
>>
>>384566760
He's right though, the best explanation for the shrines and collectibles is it's expecting people to have very short play sessions and have to turn off the game quickly, like on a commute or whatever.
>>
>>384566760
Do I need to remind you the game was originally meant to come out late 2015?

It's not a straight port job, they even removed the gamepad features the game had.
>>
>>384567008
that's probably more to do with today's generation having ridiculously short attention spans
>>
>>384567008
But that's objectively wrong.
>>
horrible bait
>>
>>384567116
Maybe. Strikes me as intentionally designing a game to be portable, like how the layout of Peace Walker is so different from other MGS games.

>>384567121
How so? I'm open to being wrong but I can't exactly take much from 'nah you're wrong mate'.
>>
>>384567198
Horrible argument.
>>
>>384567305
shrines being small spaces controllable spaces has more to do with BoTW having an emphasis on big sprawling overworld but then they have to add some challenges into it (that will also double as fast travel points) but they can't do it in open-world itself

That way you can can share and divide the load of work between designers of overworld and designers of shrines puzzles/challenges since they exist in completely separate spaces.

They can start drawing a map and randomly put 100 points onto it and then tell 100 interns to design a shrine each, all at the same time.
>>
>>384568564
This is one thing I hate about the game, the same'iness of shrines and how disconnected it feels from the world.

They could have at least given the shrines some different look/music depending on if it's a snow/desert/etc shrine.
>>
Can't believe this shitty game is still triggering every fucking consolefag baby on this board.
>>
>>384568789
But that goes against their lore
1. the shrines were built 10,000 years ago, so a shrine that now is in the desert could have been on top of a mountain when it was built
2. the shrines are like test rooms for the ancient Hero, it wouldn't make sense fr them to look different.
>>
>>384569274
Tweak the lore as well then.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.