[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I have a PS4Pro, PC, Switch, and N3DS. I think this game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 19

File: MHW-Rathalos_Artwork_001.jpg (967KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MHW-Rathalos_Artwork_001.jpg
967KB, 1920x1080px
So, I have a PS4Pro, PC, Switch, and N3DS.
I think this game looks bad, and I'm a long time MH fan that started on FU. Anyone like me out there? I think the fireflies and convenient environmental interaction will kill the series by casualizing it. Also, why the hook?
>>
>>384562207
>long time MH fan
>FU was first game
>fireflies will casualize the game
>psychoserum and painballs are ok though
>>
>>384562420
Yeah, since you have to take the time to get the materials. You have to put in time to use items. I mostly stopped using them by Gen 4 though and just go through the zones to find the monster. I don't mind the tracking, i just think the fireflies look ridiculous.
>>
>>384562207
>having to announce you're supposedly an idort and a "long time fan" before voicing your opinion
Sure, I believe you wahoo.
>>
>>384562669
>Yeah, since you have to take the time to get the materials
>making psychoserum or painballs instead of just buying them for next to nothing
There is also an armor skill that gives GPS tracking at all times. Doesn't get much more casual than that but I guess it gets a free pass since it's old MH.
>>
i'd like the traps if they also worked on the hunters
>>
>>384562669
>not getting all your psychoserums for free from the veggie elder
>>
>>384562669
>>384563325
>materials
>VE
Or you can just buy them dirt cheap at the item vendor.
It's not like you really needed them at all, since the monster always spawned in the same area on any given quest.
Here hoping World will randomize mosnter spawn areas.
>>
>using psychoserum
>not just waving at the hunter balloons
>>
>>384563831
The dragonwatch balloon is not always present though.
>>
>>384562949
You could only bring 3 Psychoserums on a hunt and had to refresh Paintball tracking on the monster to not lose sight of it
>>
>>384563986
>He doesn't reset when the ballon isn't there
>>
>>384563139
This

>Monster outsmarting you and luring you to a trap
>>
File: 1499242851669.png (739KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1499242851669.png
739KB, 1000x1000px
>>384562207
No. You're not allowed to say anything negative regarding this game. Don't you know that you're automatically a Nintendofan if you do?
>>
>>384562207
It doesn't look good.
But that's just some first impression based on trailers.
>>
>It's ok for the old games to have psychoserum because they're old
This is getting ridiculous
>>
>>384567321
>Hundreds of hours logged into MH
>Have used Psychoserum maybe once
nice argument
>>
>>384567408
>Know jackshit about world
>pixies gonna casualize it!
>I'm forced to use it!
Nice argument
>>
>>384562207
I agree to some degree, I'm worried that the focus on the monster vs monster encounters and environmental damage and traps will be too big.

It'll be flashy and visually impressive for people coming off of games like Uncharted, which is apparently what Capcom is going for, but I don't think I want that for MH
>>
who the fuck carries psychoserum in their bags?

post your items you carry in your bags on hunts, anons.
>>
Considering how often garbage like >>384567763 gets posted in just about every related thread, it's pretty fucking hard to look forward to MHW, let alone be optimistic about it.
>>
>>384567763
>graphics look nice
lol, it's funny that this comic is trying to make fun of the nintendo fans yet actually paints the other guys in a bad light because all they care about is grafix
>>
>>384567780
>Book of Combos 1 and 2
>10 Mega Potions
>10 Potions
>10 Honey
>Max Potions
>Ancient Potion
>Whetstones
>Paintballs
>Psychoserums (because flying monsters suck)
>Shock and Pitfall Traps
>Tranq Bombs
I like being prepared
>>
File: 98562.jpg (23KB, 569x428px) Image search: [Google]
98562.jpg
23KB, 569x428px
>>384568060
it's simple mate. just ignore them and form your own opinion on what you've seen.
I've been reading these threads and I laugh at them, sure it ganna make some things easier but by the looks of it monster are going to faster, smarter and even stronger.
>>
File: 1487222059381.jpg (277KB, 425x609px) Image search: [Google]
1487222059381.jpg
277KB, 425x609px
>>384567780
>Potion
>Mega Potion
>Powercharm
>Powertalon
>Armorcharm
>Armortalon
>Dung Bomb
>Mega Pickaxe
>Mega Bug Net
>Whetstone
For generic hunts. For slightly harder ones I bring Earplugs, Steaks, Paintballs, and Flash Bombs, and for the tougher hunts I bring Max/Ancient Potions, along with materials to make more Potions/Mega Potions.
>>
>>384568280
It gets pretty difficult to ignore it when it's posted so frequently. You literally cannot escape from shitposters on /v/.
>>
File: 1488266107169.jpg (50KB, 400x505px) Image search: [Google]
1488266107169.jpg
50KB, 400x505px
>>384567763
>dumbing down a game's mechanics to appeal to a new audience is okay as long as we get HD graphics
>>
>>384568257
>>384568360
>no life powders
>>
>>384567780
Book of Combo 1
Book of Combo 2
Popo
Mega popo
Honey
Cold Popo
Hot Popo
Rare steack
Antidote
Powertalon
Armortalon
>>
>>384568446
just laugh at them, cause as much as they shitpost, they're ganna get it and probably enjoy it.
It makes me somewhat sad that all they want to do is everything to fail, so hard to find optimism on /v/ anymore...
But i'll keep trying.
>>
>>384568617
I'm not wasting precious inventory slots to save your casual ass
>>
>>384568446
Then don't. Just fucking deal with it. Do they irk you so much that you can't just go along with it?
>>
>>384565252
3 psychoserum is overkill and if you need to painball a monster more than once you're doing something wrong. Still doesn't excuse GPS armor.
>>
>>384568618

>no big barrel bomb
>rare steak
>no max or ancient popo
>not double dipping power and armor items
>no life powder
>no double traps
>no paintball
>no whetstone
>no pickaxe or bug net

7/10
>>
>>384567780
Really depends on the hunt, but I try to be minimalist whenever possible.

>10 mega pots
>max pots
>ancient pot
>whetstones
>power
>armor
>charm
>talon

I'll only bring traps and tranq bombs when its more advantageous to cap than kill. For example, I only cap raths because you can't carve a mantle off him, only through capping, tail, and shiny drop. For those rare drops I also bring flashbangs sometimes.
>>
>>384568956
Curious, what is the purpose of having a a small inventory? Dooesn't the game give you an entire inventory for hunt specific items which is more than enough? Is it just so you can scroll to the items you need faster?
>>
File: 1498793014711.gif (958KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1498793014711.gif
958KB, 400x225px
>>384562207
Paintballing monsters was awfully tedious, and could be result in a massive wasted of time if you forgot to tag them before they flew away, or didn't bring psychoserum. And even then, sometimes the monster would fly away and move AFTER you used the serum, before you arrived.

I distinctly remember grinding the Khezu in Freedom Unite, and this shit happening to me again and again. Wasting the player's time with tedium isn't fun, and it isn't good game design. I very much welcome the streamlining of various elements in the game, so we can spend more time fighting, which is what is fun about MH, the combat. Also, finding new ways to make tracking more engaging and fun (as the fireflies seem to do, pointing you towards footprints, and dung) is definitely an improvement.

So long as the fireflies are a limited resource item, or an armor ability (most likely), I don't have a problem. Don't forget that the series also has armor sets that have a psychic ability which always tracks the monster for you, and 4U introduced talismans that let you add that onto other sets. Complaining about the fireflies with that in mind makes me question if you really are as much of a fan as you claim to be.

Also, the grapple hook seems fun, fuck you.

3 introduced underwater combat.
4 introduced verticality and mounting.
5 is now expanding on that, and adding more engaging environments, seems fine to me.

Increasing the player's interaction with the world and monsters seems like s net positive to me, and the right direction for the series. Much better than over the top anime moves and super explosions, and etc... like you see in Generations.
>>
>>384567408
Ok, then don't use the fireflies. Problem solved.
>>
>>384566924
I sooner find and kill a monster than keep resetting until the balloon spawns.
>>
>>384568697
>precious inventory slots
You only get three carves most of the time. You will not possibly have any need for extra free spaces. And other hunters fail the quest, because somebody didn't pop a lifepowder, you'll be losing something way more precious than inventory space - your time.
>>
>>384568769
With Psychoserums and Paintballs, you have to sacrifice inventory slots to bring them into hunts and their effect is timed. With GPS armor, you have to allocate points to the skill before being able to use it. They're balanced options with their own costs to make hunts more convenient.

On the other hand, MHW's scoutflies have no cost and track the monster indefinitely. Once you gather all the clues to pinpoint its location, you're set for the rest of the hunt.
>>
>>384569732
>sacrifice inventory slots
You don't ever fill all pages of your inventory when you set out on a quest, unless you're bringing literal garbage with you.
>>
>>384569832
Depends on how prepared you want to be. A Gunner who brings ingredients to combine ammo on the field can run out of inventory space pretty fast
>>
>>384569971
Regardless of how prepare you want to be. That's the point. Even when you take everything you can possibly and impossibly need, you should still have free slots in your inventory, unless you're just cluttering it on purpose.
>>
>>384562207
Great, series is full of autist who think MH is some secret club and its just a clunky hunting videogame.
>>
>>384570087
>clunky
where did g.jaggi bit you?
>>
>>384570087
>MH
>clunky
Not since third gen.
>>
>>384567005
Yeah those monsters exist, in Frontier.
>>
>>384568816
Forgot whetstone and life powder.

Isn't the rare steack the most efficient one ? I never remember how you americain describe your meat.

No need for paintball and trap unless I'm fighting a duo/trio.

Max and ancient popo are only useful for extremly powerful monster honestly.
>>
File: 1469836535526.jpg (96KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469836535526.jpg
96KB, 500x500px
>>384562207
I agree with you 100%. I'm gonna play it anyway.

My regular hunting crew of about 12-16 people are all getting it, and my abstaining will have no measurable affect on future iterations. It's a simple matter of the game sells so little in the west that no matter how casualized it gets the formula will never have the mass appeal Capcom is attempting, so hopefully the pendulum swings back to a harder more traditional MH at some point. (it won't).
>>
>>384570319
No. Rare Steak is just an undercooked Well-Done Steak rarefags BTFO. You only want want rare steaks if you're a DB shitter to combine them into mega dash juices.
>>
>>384569732
Paintballs only take up one slot, you have plenty of room for other stuff with all the slots you're given and are pretty much a staple item to bring along.

>On the other hand, MHW's scoutflies have no cost and track the monster indefinitely. Once you gather all the clues to pinpoint its location, you're set for the rest of the hunt.

How do you know this? Have the detailed how the fireflies work yet? If so, you got a link, I'm interested to read. To my knowledge we still don't know if they're a consumable or an armor skill.
>>
>>384570509
>you're set for the rest of the hunt.
>Have the detailed how the fireflies work yet?
Actually the flies can lose a monster's scent if you let it wander too far for too long.
>>
>>384569732
>implying you ever have full inventory at the beginning of a hunt and just can't make room
>implying the psychoserum wouldn't be used immediately, freeing up a slot, and if you ever needed another slot for carves you couldn't just toss away the remaining paintballs since they're cheaper than dirt
>implying GPS armor isn't easily obtained and is infinitely more casual than fireflies are

MH has always had a cancerous fanbase but this is reaching very hard to shit on World while excusing far more casual mechanics in older MH.
>>
>>384570441
So what is the formula to mass appeal? Because they've tried everything except putting it on main consoles and PC.
>>
>>384562669
Or you just buy them off the vendor if you dont have the common items required to actually make them, items which you manage to collect without even trying to find them, shit, they all come from the fucking farms
>b-but firefly tracking is too far!
Nah fuck off, you people saying this shit are so set on hating this that you wont see reason, its not even worth try to discuss it because you want to hate it no matter what. Whatever.

>>384570509
We dont know, at all, this is what I mean, people are frothing at the mouth before they even know what the fuck is going on. For all we know this is basically the new way psycho serum works for christ sake, and people are fucking shitting themselves over it. One of the japs apparently said "they can lose the scent" according to an anon who translated, which could suggest they might not even work on higher ranks, and that they are basically a crutch for village quests.
>>
>>384570509
It was shown in the E3 leak and the latest video. You have to level up the scoutflies' tracking ability by gathering clues left by the monster. In Anjanath's case, it's its footprints and the mucus it leaves around to mark its territory. Once they've reached a high enough level, they'll pinpoint its location and you can just follow them to find it
>>
>>384570776
Brand recognition.
The western audience is trained to react to the name alone, not the game behind it.
>>
>>384567084

Ok Nintendofan
>>
>>384570935
So just like the japs
>>
>>384571274
Maybe. The difference is: they have their brands, and the westerners have theirs. Both unfamiliar with each others. MH will always been that weird Japanese dinosaur game some people might have heard about, but nobody is really hyped about nearly as much as for the next BioWare's turd.
>>
>>384562949
Again you must put effort into that set and by the time you have it, you probably know the maps quite well. The fireflies on the other hand are like these stupid gps lines while driving to the next quest in GTA (clones)
>>
Can't wait for the inevitable puny monster count to be revealed.
>>
>>384571418
The point is they've tried everything on Nintendo. Now let the big boys roll. It can't get worse than before, they've tried it.
>>
>>384567084
Oh fuck off, the only thing I see people discussing about this is how much they hate it. Of course people are going to jump in and start defending it for the sake of fucking argument.
>we should all be united in hating this thing, you shouldnt think otherwise, anyone who actually talks about the thing and doesnt hate it is a casual/sonybro/dudebro/not a real fan/cancer etc.
Let people express their opinion, that goes both ways fuck boy.
>>
>>384570776
I don't think there ever will be, they'd have to make it far darker or far easier.
>>
>>384570904
That actually sounds a lot more fun than using psychic abilities and paintballs. This is what HUNTING and TRACKING a monster should be like. I'll gladly take this over the old method of memorizing the spawn points or aimlessly wandering from area to area, or using a Psychoserum which pinpoints the EXACT location of the monster from the getgo.

What the fuck are people bitching about? Anyone who's played the old games should be excited for a feature like this. I've been wanting them to make that element of the game more engaging, since the tracking was always the worst part about the older games.
>>
>>384571778
>This is what HUNTING and TRACKING a monster should be like.
>Magic homing bugs that can psychcly see the monster from across the map
It's the same as it was, just more casual. It's literally a flashy line you follow, you don't even need to know the corridors in the maps
>>
>>384562207
I'm like you, OP. I have a Switch, PS4, 3ds... except I think it looks fun and I'm not gay like you.
>>
>>384571778
Except the flies do the tracking for you.
They should've made it so the flies only come out after you leveled them up enough. Currently the notice the tracks and other traces of the monster before the player does.
>>
>>384571482
Still 1000x more casual than fireflies and can be obtained relatively early(iirc in MHG you could get it at the beginning of the game) and easily. Not to mention there are also armor skills that tell you when you can capture a monster which is casual as fuck since it's already very easy to tell when a monster can be captured but it's ok cause it's old MH.
>>
Strange how no one talking that now you will be able to walk while firing HBG.That is absolutely unacceptable.
>>
>>384571902
Honestly that last bit doesn't make it sound too bad, because how much more complex the new maps seem to be. There are tons of different connections between "rooms" on the map, so not having to stop every few dozen meters to open the map and check where you need to turn next, would only help to keep up the pace of the hunt.
>>
I don't really like it because it's intrusive as shit, you get enough footprints and then a massive screen filling green mass tells you where to go at all times, you can't go gathering to go after something else without a big green arrow pointing at something else. I like the paintball and psychosystem better where it only shows up on the map
>>
>>384571778
Psychoserums only highlight the monster's location for a few seconds, though
>>
>>384571954
You're fucking stupid. All of those things took time to aquire. flies just do the work for you because people like you can't be arsed to work at all in games. You like the achievements you get for booting the game it makes you feel like a pro.
>>
File: mhw hbg1.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
mhw hbg1.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>384572073
But that shit is tight yo
>>
>>384572330
I hadn't seen this before.
>>
>>384571953
>>384571902
>>384572172
It's still an upgrade from the previous method getting told the EXACT location through psychic abilities, memorizing spawn points, or aimlessly wandering around till you run into it.

I agree it could be better, if you had to track to level up the flies, but it's still an improvement over the previous games. Complaining about an improvement is dumb. Getting told the EXACT location of the Monster is far more casual than hunting for clues with magical fireflies, no matter how you try to spin it.
>>
>>384572330
Minigun bros unite.
>>
>>384572185
>reaching so hard to defend casual mechanics of old MH cause they "take time to acquire"
>takes all of 3 seconds to buy paintballs and psychoserum for pennies
>getting so ass hurt you go into an autistic fit of rage when someone goes against the narrative of fireflies being more casual that paintballs/psychoserum/GPS armor
>>
>>384572330
I dont know if I like it or not, I never was a fan of how the bowguns were basically turrets in MH games, and were honestly rather boring to play, and they were one of my main weapons too simply because I found them effective, specifically HBGs
>stand still
>fire till you can stun enemy
>continue to fire and stun enemy while standing on the spot
>teammates are all running around having fun while Im relegated to standing back trying to cripple the enemy
>enemy starts to target you
>holster weapon and dodge
>if the enemy charges past you take out the gun and start firing at them before they turn again and holster before they t urn all the way around, if they dont charge you you basically have to run around for a while till you have an opportunity to start firing again
I mean I get it, you need to git gud at using them, but they simply arent very fun to play with, If they work more like Toukiden 2 then I am more than happy with that, because the firearms gameplay in that is fun as fuck. In that you could move while shooting, but only for weaker shots, for stronger shots you had to sit still. So basically if want to maintain steady DPS you would go for weaker shots and keep that damage on them, but if you wanted to actually take an opportunity to snipe something or the enemy is downed you would load up a strong shot and start firing. Any more footage? The way ranged weapons are going to be handled in this is a large factor in wither Ill even get this.
>>
>>384572952
>>384572402
>Any more footage?
Literally the official channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNfK-YqLUbU
>>
>>384572952
We know that hbg can fire while moving, with all shot types looks like, and gets different firing modes like a machine gun instead of internal ammo like MHX, don't know anything about seige mode or lbg
>>
File: mhw hbg4.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
mhw hbg4.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>384572952

>>384573169
There's no siege mode. Look at the button prompts.
>>
>>384573169
I think the cluster shots freeze you in place for a moment. Plus you do them not unlike the Bow's arc shot - you shoot it upwards and it rains down on the monster, instead of flying in a direct line like before.
>>
>>384572814
they are though. 3 seconds is more seconds than the fireflies take to use. not sure why you're trying to discredit this fact so hard.
>>
File: bow charge.webm (1MB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
bow charge.webm
1MB, 1080x608px
>>384573412
Speaking of which, one of the new bow's charged shot also locks you in place.
>>
File: animeboy_thinking.png (257KB, 369x364px) Image search: [Google]
animeboy_thinking.png
257KB, 369x364px
New monsters reveal when, i need to know if we're getting some anime gen 4 monsters or more generic dinosaurs
This is important
>>
>>384573574
I think it's not a proper charged shot, but instead another follow up like power shot.
Anyway, I only recently got into gunning in Gen, partly because I wanted to try new things, after maining one weapon in the previous game, and partly because how easy gunning was made by adept.
So I for one appreciate that gunning isn't gonna be as awkwardly static in World, and how gunners won't have halved defense values anymore.
>>
>>384573420
The fireflies don't take you straight to the monster though, they force you to look for clues and tracks of the monster before they can get a locked scent on it, and take you to its location. Not only that, but you can fuck it up, and lose scent of the monster.

How is this in any way worse than buying a Psychoserum at the shop and chugging it before going straight to where the monster is?

Plus, we don't know yet if they're a consumable item that you have to equip or whatnot.
>>
>>384573769
so the fireflies are going to take you on a tour of the map before you even get to the monster? that seems like a huge pain in the ass. okay world is officially not casual
>>
>>384573761
It's a crouching special shot (see the circle button prompt) that started from neutral stance and locks you in place. Frontier have something similar.
>>
>>384573420
Probably because it's an autistic argument. You're so predetermined to hate MHW that you'll argue that fireflies are more casual because paintballs/psychoserum take a whopping 3 seconds to purchase.
>>
File: 1490332678818.gif (361KB, 174x172px) Image search: [Google]
1490332678818.gif
361KB, 174x172px
>>384569674
>>384568617
>not hunting solo
>>
>>384573887
I think it's a cool mechanic they could expand upon, like you could track the wrong thing as well on accident, or the flies could get confused and mislead you. Like, you need to track specific things to get a proper scent of the monsters, and if you fuck up the sequence you mess it up, etc...

Also, I'm sure you can still memorize spawn locations for consequitive runs and grinding, and we don't know if the serums and psychic armors are back, I'm sure they will be. And I'm pretty sure too that 4U allowed Palicos to have a tracking ability as well iirc, I'm not sure, but I vaugely remember that.

Again, I don't see the complaints.

The way I see it, fireflies just seem like another ability give to you for early game, late game, I'm sure you'll be chugging Psychoserums and heading straight for the monster like the rest of us have been since FU.
>>
File: 1479263172540.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1479263172540.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>384574268
Sometimes i like to have fun with my friends
>>
>>384574342
friends? huh?
>>
>>384574268
I've hunted solo when these games didn't have online multiplayer. So fuck you. I deserved the right to enjoy some fun multiplayer huntan.
>>
File: 1484433969923.jpg (65KB, 411x412px) Image search: [Google]
1484433969923.jpg
65KB, 411x412px
>>384574481
>when these games didn't have online multiplayer
>>
>>384562207
I'm torn on this game. Some things like these make me excited:
>seeing exactly how much sharpness your weapon has left
>downhill sliding attacks
>new weapon combos
>finally a true open world
>UI improvements
>etc

but other things make me unsure about the game. especially the way the monsters have been shown to act. they seems completely oblivious to the fact that the player exists and don't seem to attack as often as in previous games. so yeah, it looks a bit casualized. I'm sure it'll still be a decently fun game though. just not something to play for days on end
>>
>>384574552
You've got something to say boy?
>>
>>384574563
>finally a true open world
Thankfully it isn't. It's the same quest structure with different maps. The difference being that there are no more loading screens between individual areas on the map.
>>
>>384574623
Literally every main MH game has had online multiplay
>>
>>384574707
this isnt a numbered game REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>384574707
I mean without third party tools and VPN.
>>
>>384574776
that's why I said main, includes X/XX/W but not stories and the airou games
>>
>>384574687
Oh really? I didn't know that. So there are multiple huge maps like that? but yeah, I basically meant I'm glad loading screens are reduced
>>
>>384567313
There are full hunt videos out there right now anon
It does look really casualized
It still looks better than 90% of the AAA games released these days so I'm gonna buy it
>>
>>384574776
Tri isn't a numbered game either. You wanna argue it's not mainline?
>>
>>384574841
The adhoc programs for P3rd and FU are official software, and you only need a VPN for Frontier
>>
File: tri.jpg (60KB, 350x492px) Image search: [Google]
tri.jpg
60KB, 350x492px
>>384574929
really?
>>
>>384574896
well, no shit. even a casualized monhun will be better than most AAA games nowadays
>>
File: 1500001247987.gif (455KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1500001247987.gif
455KB, 256x256px
>>384575030
>Monster hunter three three
>>
>>384575030
Yup. It's says "Tri" right there.
>>
File: tysthgdhw.jpg (167KB, 485x813px) Image search: [Google]
tysthgdhw.jpg
167KB, 485x813px
>>384574929
Tri literally means three anon.
>>
>>384575271
Maybe. It's still a numeral and not a number though, so it's not a numbered game.
>>
>>384575314
A D V AN C E D A U T I S M
>>
Something tells me that the dude bitching about the fireflies, ergo OP, truly isn't a MonHun fan, as every time people would bring up previous games and such, he'd either recycle the same talking point, or fuck off and ignore them. Methinks he's either a troll who's never played MH trying to start shit, or a salty Nintendo fan who also never played the games trying to pass himself off as a long time fan.

Either way, it's evident Fireflies anon (OP) has never played the games.
>>
>>384576304
yeah, fireflies are annoying but the real reason to be complaining about are the removal of critical distance from ranged weapons, the mantles (specially rock steady which seems way more powerful than the skill in previous games) and the grapple hook having no cool down or anything to try to balance it.
>>
>>384576598
Well, the game's still in development, and we know nothing about how these things are balanced. Granted, they are genuinely things to be concerned about, but to immediately assume the game will be casual or shit because of it is absurd Nintenbro kneejerk reactions.

We don't know yet, personally, I think the game looks great and am excited for it, but I understand of some people are concerned about a few things. But I totally disagree with anyone saying the game looks like shit, because it certainly doesn't.
>>
>>384576598
>removed critical distance
Really? That's one of the only changes I've heard so far that genuinely bothers me, pretty sure you can turn the fireflies off and I don't think environmental hazards will be so intrusive, but critical distance was a huge part of ranged weapons
>>
>>384577451
>muh critical distance
who cares? the game is more fun without that shit. maybe the bow will actually be useful now. just relax, nintenbro
>>
>>384576598
>>384577451
That's the first time I hear about critical distance being removed? Got a source on that?
>>
>>384577451
>>384577683
It hasn't been officially confirmed but from the gameplay footage and thanks to the new damage numbers you can see distance doesn't change shot damage at all and there's definitively no screen shaking visible, except for the explosive bow shot but shake happens there every time regardless of distance.
>>
>>384577826
So, it's just a wild conjecture then. I see.
>>
>>384577884
If you qualify something visible in the gameplay footage as wild, yes.
>>
>>384577980
You mean something invisible. Just because you didn't notice something doesn't mean it's not there.
They removed the screen shaking from SAED in Gen, but SAED is still in the game and it's been nerfed to hell and is never worth using now not even situationally, it's just a waste of phials and basically a punishment for failing to cancel it into a regular AED.
>>
>>384578298
The damage numbers showing the same damage regardless of distance is completely visible.
>>
>>384578459
Could be elemental shots, or the critical distance is extended but still there. You shouldn't post something as it was confirmed when it really isn't.
>>
>>384578583
You can see the name of the shots being used, it's always normal shots.
>>
>>384578583
Also the shots are sometimes at point blank if critical distance is extended that much it might as well be gone.
>>
>>384567780
>potions
>max potions
>energy drinks/mega dash juice
>mega demondrug
>Mega armorskin
>Flash bombs
>Sonic bombs
>Power charm
>Whetstone

Gen/XX really spoils you with its DLC packs
>>
>>384578897
Normal shots always did the more damage the closer you are to the target, didn't they? Only the Bow's Rapid shot has minimal critical distance.
>>
I own a PS4 Pro, a N3DS, Vita, and Wii U, not really interested in the Switch as hardware or its current lineup but I'll get one eventually. I started the series with FU, but I didn't really get into it until P3rd, even then I'm pretty fucking casual with the series, I've played each entry I've gotten for maybe sixty hours and then stop because something else comes out I want to play and I can't just jump back into the games seamlessly.

World looks fine but I don't like the duller colors they've shown so far and I wish it was portable.
>>
>Tfw there will be slightly more monsters than in Tri in the base game but less new monsters

>DLC monsters come in packs of 3 for $5.99
>>
>>384572437
Well, you still get the exact location and orientation of the monster on the minimap when in the neighborhood, so it's not like World does it any better.
As for calling it an improvement, I'd say it isn't. Since it's not only removing a mechanic that wasn't broken in the first place and not really fixing anything, just making it stupid easy. Paintballs, psychoserums, and the armor skills were all choices you had to make beforehand and, no matter how small the cost, it was a cost. Scoutflies are free and always there. There's not thought or choice.

I'd say a better solution would be to merge the two concepts. Scoutflies act like an item, taking up a slot, and you still have to level them up to get a good bearing on the monster. On the other hand you can simply carry paintballs and track the monster yourself if you desire. That way there's give and take. Scoutflies are long lasting and won't wear off at bad times, but they instead take time to rank up. So better for first hunts. Paintballs on the other hand are quick, simple, but had the downside of not being infinite as well as temporary, meaning you have to have your monster movements memorized should things go wrong.
That's an improvement to me. Not scrapping a previous system that didn't have glaring flaws, but instead enhancing the total effect with different choices with a different set of costs and benefits.
>>
>>384579258
>implying it won't be $10/monster
>>
>>384562207
The frist trailer of MH4 also looked awful.

I'm glad they're changing a lot of things to make it more accesible, I was getting burnt out of playing on shitty resolution, the orthopedic movility and the fucking horrible crafting/farming system of Generations.

The only thing I'm worried about is the new monster designs and maps looking extremelly dull.
>>
>>384579707
BIG
GAME
HUNTING
>>
>>384562669
The fireflies would work better if they just hovered around different parts of the game world to lead you to the monster, sort of like subtle sign posts. It would look far more natural than mess of glowing particles moving like a swarm that we have right now.
>>
>>384567780
>pots
>mega pots
>whetstone
>Max pots
>energy drinks
>paint balls
>at least 1 trap
>armor/power talons and charms
>antidote (depending on the game)
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.