[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we all agree that the gba has the greatest gaming library

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: Game_Boy_Advance.png (236KB, 676x405px) Image search: [Google]
Game_Boy_Advance.png
236KB, 676x405px
Can we all agree that the gba has the greatest gaming library of all gaming systems ever? It was pretty much the SNES 2.

also, which is the better rpg. Mario Super Star Saga, or Megaman Battle Network 3?
>>
No?
>>
>>384561863
whats in the spoiler text might just be the toughest question anyone ever asked on this board OP. My heart says battle network 3, but my normalized human race hivemind opinion says superstar saga. I just don't know.
>>
Why Battle Network 3 anon? was better.
>>
LOL. Weak hardware forced devs to limit themselves or find hacks just to make it work. Most games are short because of this. Most of the games are also platformers/zelda type games and it somehow lacks puzzle games for some fucking reason compared to GB/GBC. And I might forgive the GBA for that weak hardware but this is after the release of fifth gen consoles like the playstation. There's no excuse for Nintendo gimping the hardware.

Better Library. GB/GBC>GBA
>>
>>384561863
Where did the X and Y buttons go?
>>
>>384562248
4 was better, fuck.
>>
File: 490.jpg (48KB, 627x626px) Image search: [Google]
490.jpg
48KB, 627x626px
>>384562254

everything about what you just said is factually wrong.
>>
>>384561863
Gba is too new for most people here to put on their nostalgia goggles for, and just old enough that a lot of people haven't had a lot of experience with it.

It's a very underrated system. It has a lot of shovelware and a lot of ports, but it does have many good games as well. Also backwards compatibility
>>
>>384562254
Your wrong, also gba plays all the gb/gbc Games
>>
>>384562254
List of great games that are neither platformers, nor zelda clones, that were released on the GBA:

Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem Sacred Stone
Advance Wars
Advance Wars 2
Metroid Fusion
Metroid Zero Mission
Wario Ware Inc.
Wario Ware Twisted
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories
Megaman Battle Network 1
Megaman Battle Network 2
Megaman Battle Network 3
Megaman Battle Network 4
Super Mario Super Star Saga
Mario Kart Suoer Circuit
Mario Party Advance
Pokemon Pinball Ruby and Saphire
Castlevania Aria of Sorrow
Castlevania Circle of the Moon

And, personally, i wouldn't count the Pokemon RPGs (Mainseries and Fushigi no Dungeon) as Zelda like games either, but eh.
>>
>>384561863

DS/3DS was better.
>>
>>384562938
Oh and how could i forget about:
Dragonball Z Super Sonic Warriors
Beyblade
Beyblade G-Revolution
Yugioh Reshef of destruction
Yugioh Worldwide Edition
Yugioh Dungeon Dice Monsters
>>
File: d58.png (219KB, 484x371px) Image search: [Google]
d58.png
219KB, 484x371px
>>384561863
>This could have been the greatest system ever

>Ports everywhere

Still better 1st party library than DS though. Ya heard me.
>>
>>384562896
You can also play PS1/PS2/PS3 games on the PS4. Including backward compatibility to a console's library is incredibly stupid.
>>384562938
A small list compared to the hundreds of platformers/zelda/topdown games.
>>384562430
>wrong
Prove it.
>>
>>384562938
And I forgot to mention that you included platformers in your list.
>>
>>384562938
No of the three different F-Zeros? Shit taste, man.
>>
>>384562145
>normalized human race hivemind opinion
That's how it became overrated. SSS is a good if not serviceable JRPG on the GBA. With each sequel the pedestal that SSS is on piled higher and higher, until the opinion that it's a masterpiece has become a meme. Meanwhile BN3 is a much better candidate for the title. BN3 expands and improves on BN2 to such an extent it's hard to contest it as the best in the series. BN6 is the only game later that attempts to surpass it mechanically, but still doesn't hold a candle to BN3's dearth of content.

Meanwhile SSS can't even be called an improvement over Paper Mario and it's pretty easily dwarfed by TTYD afterword.
>>
>>384564060
Such as? you're not trying to imply that metroidvanias are platformers, are you?
>>
>>384563930
>A small list compared to the hundreds of platformers/zelda/topdown games.

what kind of argument is that?

does that make the other games worse? yes, there are many platformers and zelda clones in comparison to the other great games, but that doesn't mean that they "take away the slot of non-zelda/platformer games"

you're complaining that there are many Good games of two genres in addition to other good games.

its like complaining about being gifted 50 dollars, and being forced to spent 30 dollars on tacos, but still have 20 dollars that you can spent on whatever you want, but still complaining about the money instead of realizing that you just got 50 dollars.
>>
>>384561863
It had Minish Cap. That alone makes it one of my favourite consoles.
>>
>>384561863
no. you're thinking of the DS. gba was meh. only console I never owned. even gbc was better.
>>
>>384561863
Fuck no. The snes is by far the greatest console of all time. Shit isn't even up for debate. This is historical fact and will most likely be that way forever.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.