[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Even after getting endings A-E, I don't have any of my questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 308
Thread images: 18

Even after getting endings A-E, I don't have any of my questions answered.

Why is death regarded as something significant by YoRHas? in prologue, 9S dies and gets fully restored losing only few hours of his memory. Yet in ending A, he dies and 2B is utterly devastated by it. Why would she care if she knows they'll fully restore him just as he was? And then, why is she relieved when she finds out his conciousness has somehow migrated into machine network? What happened to that afterwards actually? Did they just scrap the machine network 9S, or did they upload the corrupted 9S from machine network into the main YoRHa database?

I know I'm late to party but please find it in yourself to explain this to me, anon.

Nier: Automata
>>
>>384551748
It's because he couldn't re-upload his memories, so he would have died and forgotten all about her again.
>>
>>384551748
Yoko Taro is a hack, and only tasteless weeb virgins give a fuck about anything he produces.
>>
Because 9S resets everytime and 2B is constantly wathcing him reset. But the side materials later say they remember everything deep down, lol

The game has all the answers but its presented so poorly that it's no wonder people end up confused. Missions like Amnesia were better off as main missions rather than whatever the fuck else was going on.
>>
>>384551862
He uploaded his memories over and over during their time together as a part of basic maintenance process. He would lose an hour worth of memories, maybe a day - but nothing to be devastated about.
>>
>>384551994
Resetting few hours worth of memories is not something to be upset about.
>>
>>384551998
>>384552101
Then idk. Why doesn't someone just ask Yoko Taro
>>
>>384551748
because its nip garbage.
>>
>>384551748
>Yet in ending A, he dies and 2B is utterly devastated by it
You really don't get the significance of her saying "It always ends like this"? This is answered.

She's not devastated that he died, she's devastated that SHE killed him AGAIN.
Like so many times before, 2B has to murder her loved one over and over and over. No matter what happens, what she does, she always ends up as his murderer. THAT'S what devastates her.

She is also relieved because this time, 9S gets to remember her, and remember her in a good way.
>>
>>384552101
I guess it does become something to be upset about when it's been happening over and over again? Besides which, 2B has also been seeing 9S get killed over and over again too so that's not something pleasant either.
>>
>>384552360
She kills his body. He still lives. He basically is immortal as long as space station is up. You say kill in human sense of kill, but that's not at all how it works with YoRHas. She's in love with his mind, not his body, and she never has to kill that. if a doctor has to treat his patient who happens to be his lover every day, he won't come to regard the process of treatment as something tragic.
>>
>>384552609
Then you haven't finished the game.
Not uploading your memories is considered death of your identity for androids. Consider the npc who refuses to fix his leg because it's the last original part of his. You are remade, but it only shares the model, not the person. 2B has killed 9S and reset his consciousness countless times, as ordered by the Bunker. She tries to not get attached to new 9Ses, to make them not love her, it never works and in the end he finds out too much and she is forced to murder and delete him again. This time was supposed to be different.
9S didn't know shit and they stopped the machines. Nope, she still has to murder 9S without a way to preserve his identity. She fell in love again, he fell in love with her and again it ends in murder. That's why she sobs it always ends like this. You don't get why she is devastated. It's not a question if death matters,
it's about the entire context of 2Bs identity and her relationship with 9S.
>>
>>384552609
Nigga you dumb. She kills him. She kills the version of him that exists. She kills the version of him that has come to know her. She kills every memory of his of their time together. When she is forced to kill him its not the 9s that exists at his time of death that gets reuploaded. Its the blank slate 9s. The one who has no connection to 2b. She kills their relationship and his sense of self. Its actually worse than just having to kill him if he was a human. And its made all the worse by 9s knowing what's fucking going on
>>
>>384552609
You don't realise how tragic it is that she's appointed as his executioner and it's her duty to kill him again and again? How each time it happens, he loses a part of his memories and forgets 2B (at least partially) as shown in the intro mission? Because that wasn't their first time meeting up. Also, have you ever needed to care for a loved one who's terminally ill and slowly dying? I had to do so with my mom a few years back and while I did do everything in my power to help her get better, it was still devastating to watch her grow weaker and suffer more every day and there being nothing I can do to help her get better. The death isn't the worst part, it's the suffering of your loved one and your helplessness that's devastating.
>>
>>384552929
9S directly states he retained all his memories right up until he encountered 2B in the prologue. Failing to upload results only in loss of memories that you obtained since your last upload.
>>
>>384553117
No, i don't see how it is tragic. She kills only the body which is worth literally nothing, lost memories are a tiny fraction of what they had together, and it doesn't even happen often. And please don't compare a virtually immortal being to a terminally ill patient.
>>
>>384553178
Yes, and? That's completely irrelevant. Not to mention that it's been a hot second since 9S was able to upload his shit because he disconnected himself from the network, this isn't a question of "does death matter for androids".
>>
>>384553178
Not in the case of 9S and 2E. 9S is a highly advanced model. Yorha knows that eventually he will discover the truth behind the organisation. They pair him with an E model for termination upon the S model discovering the truth. The S model is then uploaded to a new body with their base programming but none of the memories that make up the individual. 9S only discovers the truth earlier because he left himself info in the Yorha servers
>>
>>384553449
It's inconsistent that 2B has strong feelings about killing 9S's body because we know that the act of killing his body does no lasting damage to his ming. That inconsistency has been bugging me the whole game.
>>
>>384553410
You seem to be stupid or blatantly disregarding the fact that when 2B kills 9S as part of her programming directive they wipe 9S memories from the point of his "birth". He retains his personality because that's part of his program but he literally knows nothing of 2B after he is wiped by command
>>
>>384551998

>missing the entire point that this cycle of 2b watching 9s die and lose himself over and over and over again is absolutely devastating to 2b
>>
>>384553604
>because we know that the act of killing his body does no lasting damage to his ming
Either you have been sleeping through the entirety of the second half of the game, or you only finished ending A and lied to us.
You can't be THAT stupid.
>>
>>384553410

Are you autistic or an actual sociopath?
>>
>>384553606
So what about ending A then? She kills the body knowing the bunker has no reason to wipe him. Why hard feelings? Why relief with that bizarre transfer into machine network even though they would have restored him together with their memories together?
>>
The whole 2B/9S thing is Madoka tier forced tragedy anyway so I wouldnt beat your head over it. Almost every other character in the game is more interesting.
>>
>>384553862
read
>>384553750
>>384552360

You are missing the entire point.
>>
>>384553410
>And please don't compare a virtually immortal being to a terminally ill patient.
Anon, that's what you did here >>384552609

You don't see how frustrating it would be if you're forced to kill a loved one and you'll be the only one who retains any memories of your times together, having to go through the dilemma of being more reserved or closer with them afterwards? Even if she wanted to get close to him again, she would have to restart their relationship again. If she wanted to be more reserved, she would also be the only one with the memories of the two of them together. It's funny because you seem to be applying human values to the androids here regarding death while also telling others not to think of it with regards to how humans value things. Like you said, to an android, the death of their body is nothing. What 2B is frustrated about is that she has to execute him again and it always leads to him being reset and losing everything about his identity. Thankfully things don't happen that way afterwards but at the time of ending A, there's no way for her to know that.
>>
>>384553862

Because he got infected by a fucking logic virus and he couldn't be restored to the Bunker prior to recovering himself through the machine network. This also marks the first time ever where 2B killed 9S and he retained his memories afterwards.
>>
>>384551998
this isn't the case with 9S, as he has his memories erased constantly for security purposes. A2 has killed 9S a countless number of times and it pains her every time, because he always forgets her and yet is always drawn to her. She tries to be aloof and distant as to make it less painful for her when she finally has to kill him but it never works.
>>
>>384553757
I finished A-E. They never wiped 9S throughout the whole thing and I have not seen any documental evidence of them doing so.
>>
>>384551748

2E is wounded by 9S's cyclical executions because she loves him; and he loves her. This manifests in their short windows together in missions before she is forced to put him down, so he doesn't naturally uncover the secret behind the curtain as it were.

2E is being forced to execute her love and watch him come back chipper and awkward every time, restored to pre-knowing-her, pre-falling-in-start-of-love mode.

How's that hard to grasp?
>>
>>384553862
>So what about ending A then? She kills the body knowing the bunker has no reason to wipe him.
How would she know that? If anything, there's even more of a reason to wipe his memories considering he's corrupted at that moment.
>>
>>384553862
Because at the point she's at even killing him at all and taking away even a moment of his memories is destroying her. 2B is utterly terrified that 9S would hate her if he knew the truth. Killing him even with low consequences is damaging to her already delicately balanced psyche
>>
>>384552609

>grow close to someone
>enjoy all these amazing moments together
>repeatedly have to kill them and wipe their memories
>they dont remember anything
>you do
>"durr how would this make someone sad?"
>>
>>384551998
But the HQ got destroyed.
>>
>>384553928
I never said terminal. Just patient.

As for losing long time memories, again, I never found any evidence of that in the game.

>>384554009
And bunker made a conciousness choice to let the infected copy roam instead of disposing of it and restoring lastest backup?
>>
>>384554026
No shit? 9S only gets wiped when he discovers the truth about project Yorha. Even then the Commander is shown to dislike what happens to 9S. He never went rogue even when he knew bits of the truth earlier so a wipe wasn't nessecary
>>
>>384554139
also
>you want to kill yourself due to the PTSD you got from it
>he tells you not to because being killed by you is better than never being with you again
>keep killing over and over hoping for a different outcome that never comes
>>
>>384554026
>I finished A-E.
>They never wiped 9S throughout the whole thing and I have not seen any documental evidence of them doing so.
These 2 statements contradict each other.
You are lying or retarded. These are the only 2 options.
>>
Nice a nier thread I have some questions
1) Who was on earth when the aliens arrived Repliicants/gestalts/humans/androids/emil?
2) are zinnia and #9 still alive?
3) are the machines no longer hostile now that n2 is gone?
4) gestalts (and by extension humans) are extinct, but are there any replicants left?
>>
>>384554063
I don't get you anon. His memories at bunker, synced before infection, are not corrupted. Explain. where is the reason to delete those and revert to empty state 9S according to what 2B knows?
>>
>>384554269
>never found any evidence in game

You just admitted you have zero information or understanding of the backstory of 9S and 2B proving you haven't finished the game. You are a retard and I hope you kill yourself
>>
>>384554269

If you actually play the game you'll understand why he was left to roam. Holy shit. Why are you here?
>>
>>384554346
I'm convinced he didn't even play the game.
There is no way he got A-E and came out THIS fucking clueless.
>>
>>384554346
Please tell me when they wiped 9S. Give me a benefit of doubt. Surely you can do at least that.
>>
>>384554423
>4) gestalts (and by extension humans) are extinct, but are there any replicants left?
All Replicants died of black scrawl since Gestalts are dead.

I highly reccomend playing Nier 1 if you can
>>
>>384554521
Prologue of the game, 9S meets 2B has no idea who she is and acts like it's their first time meeting. He is sent on a mission to the overworld in a flight unit.
>>
>>384554423
Haven't read the side materials since they came out so I can't answer 1, 2 and 4 but for 3 I think it's implied that machines got better at copying what humans did and made civilizations, so I guess they're just as hostile as humans are.
>>
>>384554269
So, just treating a common cold? You're equating an android losing their identity and memories after a total wipe to something for a human that can be treated regularly instead of something terminal?

>As for losing long time memories, again, I never found any evidence of that in the game.
How did you miss that huge plot point in Route C and D? 9S not remembering who 2B was at the start of the game is already evidence that he has had a memory wipe.

>>384554436
According to what 2B knows, every time she has to kill 9S, the Bunker will give him a total wipe. This is the reason why she thanked the Commander afterwards as well as when she was told that 9S was okay and would be paired with her again after the shit in the copied city underground. 9S wasn't wiped this time.
>>
>>384554502
I did finish it and I don't understand. How difficult can it be for you to explain it, anon?
>>
>>384554423

1) Who was on earth when the aliens arrived Repliicants/gestalts/humans/androids/emil?
>androids and emil rolling around
2) are zinnia and #9 still alive?
>no, their research bunker exploded/burned down
3) are the machines no longer hostile now that n2 is gone?
>they gain some weird form of independence and wage civil wars against each other after some time
4) gestalts (and by extension humans) are extinct, but are there any replicants left?
>no, replicants eventually break down due to the black scrawl
>>
>>384554423
1. Andriods/Emil
2. Long dead
3. Yes, for atleast 500 years
>>
>>384554576
As I see it, it is their first meeting.
>>
>>384554616

The only answer is based in speculation as people can't know what the Commander was thinking, but he was kept alive basically out of pity and the hope that he could figure a way out of the Bunkers and all of YorHas predetermined fate of being disposed of via a timed back-door in their systems the machines could get into.
>>
>>384554707
Yeah, after 9S had been wiped prior to that.
>>
ASS
>>
>>384554707

To 9S at that current time, it is their first meeting. However, this event has occurred hundreds of times prior. It is explained specifically and in detail in the side content, but you can infer it pretty easily from two moments in the game: one being in the cutscene where 2B clenches her hand into a fist after greeting 9S on the Bunker immediately after the tutorial and he says his memories weren't uploaded. The other at the end of ending A where she says "why does it always end up like this?"
>>
>>384554550
I have played it, just found it confusing
>>
>>384554876
Also when A2 tells 9S that 2B is designed for execution and hated having to keep killing him.
>>
>>384554876
Not him, but I thought N2's "gift" in the tower was an implication on how many times 9S was killed.
>>
>>384555072
what was the gift? I forgot.
>>
>>384554707
At least finish watching your Let's Play.

Make sure to search for "no commentary" on youtube.
>>
>>384554436
>According to what 2B knows, every time she has to kill 9S, the Bunker will give him a total wipe.
That is a pretty stupid belief. Assuming the kill-wipe cycle does happen, she still would know they only wipe him after they order her to kill him. Killing his body just to destroy the virus residing in it is exactly like curing a common cold.
>>
>>384555145
And you still don't get why she is devastated.
This is why people are calling you a retard and politely ask you to kill yourself, you know.
>>
File: cuhrazeee.webm (2MB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
cuhrazeee.webm
2MB, 700x500px
Is there any chance of more dlc/story content?
>>
>>384554748
Thank you, but I'd like to hear an answer from anon who said holy shit and implied there's no way someone who didn't finish the game wouldn't understand.
>>
>>384555121
Mob of 2B-units.
>>
>>384555072

How many 2Bs were there and how many times did 9S die?

If equal then the gift was revenge all along.

Also, if C leads into E, then doesn't that mean that n2 is still on the planet just waiting to get rebuilt? It says in the timeline they were rebuilding a network.
>>
>>384555186
Look, I'm directly addressing tour post. I'm showing how, according to what i understand, her reaction is inconsistent. There was no order to kill him, so no wipe incoming, so no reason to be devastated. If she does think they do want to wipe 9S, there's no relief in seeing him survive - she'd still have ro kill him followed by a wipe. You're not addressing my arguments, you're just throwing empty insults around.
>>
>>384555197

Got to wait until the next game I'm afraid.
>>
>>384555345
The answer is actually quite simple, as 9S explains it himself in ending A.
After he dies, he finds himself in the machine network, without a virus. Only his android body was affected. He then transferred to a body that wasn't infected, roaming through their network and was able to connect and upload himself to the bunker, without any adverse effects.

They let him continue because
A: He didn't know shit about the truth.
B: He wasn't infected

>>384555680
>I'll just come back, it's fine
>It won't be you, your memory will be gone
>You have to do it anyways

If you played the game, you'd know that at this point, 9S already disconnected himself and 2B from the network. Their last available copies are a while back. You'd also know that killing 9S triggers a traumatic reaction in 2B due to her secret identity and job. It's not about the memory or death, as people keep on telling you.
You are missing the point.
You are a retard.
Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1499752315501.jpg (39KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1499752315501.jpg
39KB, 300x200px
>>384555785
I don't think there will be another sequel anon. It's pretty much done at a good point now. The only thing they could do is address where the time period where Accord is from.
>>
>>384555680
>There was no order to kill him, so no wipe incoming, so no reason to be devastated.
But she is the one that had to kill him and every time that's happened in the past, it's followed by a memory wipe. Besides which, aren't you assuming a bit that a wipe only comes when there's an order to kill 9S? The Amnesia quest showed that E-class androids have a directive and execute that directive according to their own judgements.

>If she does think they do want to wipe 9S, there's no relief in seeing him survive
And the reason she feels relief is because he survived with his memories intact, they didn't wipe him and his memories all the way up to dying and afterwards were still retained. What more don't you understand?
>>
>>384555918
The virus infects mind, not the body - otherwise androids could simply upload minds of infected ones and restore them to new bodies without memory loss.

>If you played the game, you'd know that at this point, 9S already disconnected himself and 2B from the network.
It's funny that you call me a retard yet can't understand that we're talking about 2B and what she knows, and she does not know about what 9S did on the server.

>you're missing the point.
I'm pointing out an inconsistency. You either have to admit it is one, or explain how it's not. Telling me to ignore it does not do anything.
>>
>>384551748
>Why would she care if she knows they'll fully restore him just as he was?
Because he started to break the circle at that point. Think about what 2Bs real purpose/model actually was.
Before she shut herself from the emotions because it was just the regular thing when he got too close, but that time the circle started to break, and she was devastated because they would both go back to the usual business.
>>
>>384556079
I clearly outlined what I don't understand. If she believes they want to wipe him, relief is inconsistent. If she does no believe they want to wipe him, grief is inconsistent.
>>
>>384556531
In that case, feeling of relief makes no sense. It would make her feel even worse, since according to you she believes bunker wants him wiped, and she'd also have to kill what's left of him.
>>
>>384556353
Not him but its strongy implied that she knows. Either due to a direct connection between them, or other means. She's designed to kill him when he gets too close to the truth anyway, and how would she know when that happens, without knowing what he's doing in the first place?

Its not an inconsistency at all. If you want you could call it a plot hole, since its something we dont see, but its not an inconsistency
>>
>>384556020

I am certain there is a time loop in the series that caused the cataclysm, which caused all of this to begin with. I am hoping the sequel will be about that and history repeating itself; bringing us full circle.

>if only the civil war mentioned is between a Machine Union and a Machine Empire.
>>
>>384556539
>If she believes they want to wipe him, relief is inconsistent.
Relief when? When she finds out 9S is intact in the machine? She's at least relieved there to know that 9S didn't die entirely when she choked him out and even more relieved afterwards when finding out that his body is restored without having a memory wipe. As another anon said before, this was the first time she killed him and his memories are intact, of course she's gonna feel relieved. What more don't you understand? That she's not thinking long-term or the big picture at the time? She's just happy to see her loved one was still alive and intact.
>>
Because he always finds out the truth and she always has to kill him and I would assume that his memories are restored to a state before he knew her and the truth each time.
>>
Friendly reminder that the aliens dont exist. The aliens you see in the mothership and the ones (not)Emil fought were puppets

The aliens are to the machines what YoRHa is to the androids. A means to keep fighting to get better, until a certain point is reached.
That point was reached when the machines gained conciousness. The tower was never meant to be a weapon directed at the moon. The machines didn't repurpose it. It was always designed to be a launch pad for the conciousness to be launched into space.

It was all planned. It was all orchestrated.
>>
>>384556749
Why would there be a time loop?
>>
>>384556832
who implemented the backdoor in the bunker and who orchestrated the android's cycle?
>>
>>384556692
It is an inconsistency. No amount of explaining will explain away both feelings - grief and relief - you can only have one of them.
>>
>>384556980
Machines, from what I understand.
>>
>>384556768
Then grief makes no sense. According to you she believes bunker wants no ill to him, so there shouldn't be strong feelings with her killing his body.
>>
>>384556980
Zinnia came up with the idea of the server and lying to androids that humanity was not extinct. No.9 Adds the backdoor to stop anyone from ever finding out, perfecting the plan. This happens in side materials
>>
>>384551748
An androids memory is everything they are, ala Ship of Theseus. For example 2B and A2, while having identical bodies and base personality types, are radically different due to their personal experiences. Taro isn't excatly subtle about this point either, like half the sidequests deal with memories. Just look at Emil, despite still acting like our favorite happy go lucky skeleton, his story is considered extremely tragic because the clones have all forgotten who they were.
>>
>>384557120
She doesn't feel grief anymore when she knows that the Bunker isn't going to wipe him. What the fuck are you talking about? She felt grief only right after she choked him out. How did you miss that?
>>
>>384557169
Who keeps building newer androids?
>>
>>384556917

Before Drakengard 3, cathedral city pops into existence and releases magic into the Drakengard world. It looks like a ruined section of a modern day city. You fly around it in both Drakengard 1 and 3. A time loop is one reason behind why it exists.
>>
>>384557516
Other androids
>>
>>384557378
You are implying that she thinks her killing his physical body is the cause of his full memory wipe - and not the directive form bunker. Is that it? Are you implying she's an idiot who can't put 2 and 2 together?
>>
File: 2-25.jpg (159KB, 650x481px) Image search: [Google]
2-25.jpg
159KB, 650x481px
>'Normal' mode might as well be Very Easy
>Hard might as well be Impossible/Nightmare mode

This kills the replay-ability
>>
>>384557649
No I mean who keeps building YoRHa Androids?
>>
>>384557378
What happened in that scene that made her change her mind about whether the bunker will wipe him between her griefing and being relieved?
>>
>>384557805
Yeah, I agree, which sucks because I do want to replay the game, probably multiple times. The only way to make Normal feel hard is by not using any chips
>>
>>384557712
>>384557859
No, I'm implying that for people who played the game, we already know that E-class androids execute their directives according to their on judgements and not always as a result of a direct order from the Bunker. There's no reason to even assume that would be the case. She's already killed him directly in the past and it's always led to a memory wipe. In ending A, she's choking him out again and is sad at the possibility that it'll lead to another memory wipe. She's relieved to see that he managed to back himself up in the machine network so he's still alive. She doesn't yet know what that means for both of them in the long term, whether he'll remain in the machine network or be uploaded to the Bunker or be wiped again, but she's relieved to know that he's still alive and a wipe isn't the only outcome. She's relieved even more afterwards to know that the Bunker didn't wipe him.

Anything else needs spelling out?
>>
>>384557897
I just don't get why they couldn't give the game a "true" Normal difficuty.

Honestly, I want a difficulty balance patch far more than any DLC.

>tfw a game has great story, great gamefeel, great graphics, but the difficulty is all jacked up so you can't enjoy it
>>
>>384557859
She recieves the order from Commander. 9S didn't upload his data to the server because he heard a strange noise, and got infected with the virus so he couldn't upload it anyways. Him dying there meant that he would've meant he would be reset back to zero.
>>
>>384557828
Other androids. YoRHa is only a small specialist unit comprising of 200-300 members, they are heavily outnumbered by regular resistance units.
>>
>>384558090
True but at least you can spam the shit out of the dodge since the iframes are ridiculously long and the recovery is non-existent.
>>
>>384551998
.... You actually skipped over the game explaining to you they've reset him without his memories multiple times?
>>
>>384557986
The belief about killing causing memory wipe is bogus and is not backed by anything in the game. The virus is a thing and surely yorhas killed their own infected. There is no reason for bunker to wipe the backup of android who got infected (wipe it along with valuable battle experience), so any android who isn't an idiot should know that killing the body of an infected android does not cause bunker to wipe him.
>>
>>384558226
Why didn't they make it so that after a certain number of dodges in succession, characters would do a pose like Bayo?
>>
>>384558169
This is the part I'm confused about. So, resistance Androids are in on the plan? Why do they even bother building YoRHa, when they could use the resources for themselves?
>>
>>384558121
The server still has full snapshot of him from his previous upload. He'd only lose a tiny bit of memories. This is demonstrated in prologue.
>>
>>384558418
No one is in on the plan, everyone who set it up is dead.
>>
>>384558270
No. I am arguing that 2B's reaction to his death and revival in ending A is inconsistent.
>>
>>384558318
How is it bogus when that's what's happened with regards to 2B and 9S every time it's happened before as far as we know? She kills him, he gets a memory wipe. This time she kills him, he has a logic virus in his system and who knows what else he managed to uncover from hacking into Eve, having a memory wipe as an outcome isn't at all off the table. What makes you think 2B, at that time, would be so sure that 9S wouldn't be wiped?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWueKMuEETE
>>
>>384558318
9S isn't just any android, anon. As far as we know, he's the only android to be constantly wiped and restored because his curiosity is a valuable trait. However, as valuable as it is, he does have a tendency to turn into a psychopath if he learns the truth about YorHa, which makes the wipes necessary. The Bunker doesn't wipe 9S because he has a logic virus, what are you talking about?
>>
A lot of good insight here. Answers to questions by Taro from the Strategy Guide.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F7KM18848_HHlQFviGCkJbXV1M-5SKm_HnVBTzzYlDg/edit
>>
>>384558541
Because that would make her an idiot and I believe she is not. Why are you assuming that she never had to kill him due to virus in the past, with bunker restoring the most recent version of him, as there is no reason do do a wipe in that case?
>>
>>384558418 big android boss guys wanted a series of super good androids so the made yorha so they can collect combat data from the yorha prototypes and when its done they will discard yorha and create better androids
>>
>>384558418
No, they aren't. I'd suggest reading through this. It explains that Zinnia and his staff is in charge of the creation of YoRHa androids.

https://mintychu.dreamwidth.org/1371.html
>>
>>384558791
The other anon claims 2B has a belief that her killing 9S regardless of a reson is always followed by a wipe, and I'm showing how that belief is bogus. Try reading.
>>
>>384558804
>Why did A2 cut her hair after slaying 2B?

"It’s her way of paying tribute to a unit which had the same type of personality data (type 2)."

ohhh
>>
>>384558838
Because she still has to physically kill him and a wipe isn't completely off the table. He was in the Bunker's servers only a short time prior to that and he had hacked into Eve and gotten into the machine network. The combination of the shit he might know at that point means a wipe is still possible. Why are you assuming that she knows for a fact that the Bunker won't be wiping him at that time?

>>384559000
How is it bogus? It's based on what can be seen and read in-game and in the side materials. Your assumption that she has had to kill him prior without it leading to a memory wipe is shaky since there's no evidence of that ever happening.
>>
>>384559354
Bunker's desire to wipe his backup is not related to him surviving or dying, and yet it's his survival that changes 2B from grief to relief, which is inconsistent.

>how is it bogus
It's bogus because it defies common sense. I explained it previously. She'd have to be an idiot to have a cargo cult belief like that.
>>
>hurr we gotta make the sacrificial lambs like us too

who the fuck is the dumbshit that thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>384559639
How is it inconsistent? She finds out he's still alive and doesn't know what the future holds, but he's still alive regardless. He may have to run away from the Bunker and remain in the machine network, but at that particular moment, she's relieved that he's still alive. It's even more relieving afterwards when he's restored and still has his memories intact. What more needs spelling out?
>>
>>384559808
I guess it could makes sense if she believes the bunker wants to wipe him and she is resolved to go rogue and live with 9S who has a robot body. But that seems like such a big stretch - since she has no reason to believe the bunker will want to wipe him in the first place.
>>
>>384559808
And since we're at that, why did bunker allow 9S who got infected by virus and still had it in his conciousness to upload his memories to shared data storage instead of safely restoring his recent clean backup?
>>
>>384560014
Like I said, he had been in the Bunker's servers again when he was recovering from the Adam fight and he hacked into Eve in that final fight of ending A. He could have uncovered any number of things that could lead to him needing another wipe. It's not a sure thing, but also not completely off the table either.

>>384560171
They allowed him because he didn't have the virus in his consciousness. He uploaded himself into the machine network remember? It's a bit 'in your face' symbolism but the green eyes that light up in ending A meant that he didn't have the logic virus in him anymore. Red eyes mean that androids do, as can be seen in route C and D.

While we're on it, the logic virus that hits everyone afterwards isn't a result of 9S uploading his consciousness. It's the result of the backdoor.
>>
>>384560392
2B has no knowledge of this so it can't affect her beliefs in any way.

>he didn't have virus anymore
Just like that? A miracle? And bunker had no qualms about letting a conciousness in that was infected and then spent some time inside machine network inside, introducing a gigantic security hole when they could just safely restore day old backup?
>>
>>384560625
>Just like that? A miracle? And bunker had no qualms about letting a conciousness in that was infected and then spent some time inside machine network inside, introducing a gigantic security hole when they could just safely restore day old backup?
Never said that it was without qualms though. We don't know how long it was until they restored him into the Bunker's networks after ending A.

>>384560625
>2B has no knowledge of this so it can't affect her beliefs in any way.
How would she not know? The Bunker told her that he's recovering after the Adam fight (and his curiosity kicks in while recovering and inside the servers, presumably as it always does which is how he managed to uncover shit and require a wipe) and she sees him hacking into Eve in the fight. His hacking into Eve was the reason they won at all. How would she have no knowledge of all of this?
>>
>>384560823
He has a chance to access bunker's computers every day. Him recovering from adam does no make it any more likely for him to discover secrets.

>never said it was without qualms
>we will introduce this gaping security hole, even though there is a perfect way to resolve the situation without that
It shouldn't happen without a proper reason, and "they had qualms" is not one.
>>
>>384561112
>He has a chance to access bunker's computers every day. Him recovering from adam does no make it any more likely for him to discover secrets.
They were together the whole time anon. She would know if he had been accessing the Bunker's servers. That particular moment after the fight with the sea monster was the only time in the game's events that they were separated and she doesn't know what he's up to. It's already common knowledge to the androids that recovering would require them to go through that 'hacking' process where you restore your functions, like 9S does for 2B at the beginning of route B and when he's recovering himself after the Adam fight. Him being connected to the Bunker for recovery would mean that there's a good chance he's in there snooping due to his curiosity.

And again, you're assuming that they didn't take measures to ensure that uploading 9S would cause no harm to the Bunker and all other androids. And they were doing it because the Commander wanted to allow them to be together. It would've been easy to just wipe him again but they didn't do it this time which is why it's so relieving for 2B.
>>
>>384561471
>wipe him again
Restore a day old backup without losing any relevant memories. As opposed to introducing a huge security hole. A hostile virus is not a thing you willingly let in even if you think you have measures against it.
>>
>>384561767
They already have methods to destroy the virus in androids anon. That's what you're doing as 9S in the beginning of route C when those androids were infected. If they were able to verify and ensure that they could have 9S uploaded without any risk, why wouldn't they?
>>
>>384562103
There is never a guarantee of no risk. They even know the virus adapts because of what happened with Anemone's unit. It is a security issue no matter how much you wish for it not to be.
>>
>>384562214
But the Bunker decided that there's no risk to doing it. The plot device is already there to say that it's not a security risk. You could say that it's a weak device and I would agree with you but it's still there and answers the questions you have on the matter. What is this about the virus adapting based on what happened to Anemone's unit?
>>
>POD 042 to POD 153.
>Information: 9S’s personality data reconstruction is 100% verified. Bunker data upload complete. After 60 seconds, (this?) primary mechanical life-form’s body will be abandoned.
>Recommendation: 85 (seconds?) after that, all machine life-form parts in the surrounding area, including (the) primary machine-life form, should be destroyed by laser.
You fuckos really need to read the lore
>>
>>384558538
Why is it? She doesn't know the whole plan, she only kills him because that's what her model does, not out of spite or to keep him from finding out about some secret.
>>
>>384562380
A yorha android that fought together with Anemone was able to heal virus at first but after a while the virus learned her methods and adapted to be invulnerable to her. It's a text story in the terminal near Anemone.

>it answers your question
If the answer is "it is an inconsistency; YoRHa bunker should not have done that according to what we know", then, fine, I will accept that.
>>
>>384562556
>she only follows orders
And there was no order to kill him hence no reason to believe a full wipe of his memories on bunker will follow.
>>
File: 6d805938e7d5695576d627297fe04854.png (573KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
6d805938e7d5695576d627297fe04854.png
573KB, 1920x1080px
Jesus christ. Everyone trying to help OP understand, just give up. We are literally telling him what happened and he's replying with "hurr durr I don't think so" Every fucking time. This retard cannot grasp it apparently. I'm over this shit OP fucking kill yourself over this dumb shit please.
>>
>>384562647
Yeah and the virus was still 'visible' for a lack of a better word. There's no reason to assume that the virus is able to remain dormant and hidden since something like that has never happened and doesn't happen either. The virus, once it's infecting an android, is always visible and makes itself known. So, again, what reason would there be to assume that the Bunker is unable to verify whether or not uploading 9S's consciousness and memory to the Bunker is safe? It's not an inconsistency if you're introducing concepts that aren't present in the game or lore anon.
>>
>>384562768
>here's what happened, op
>but, anon, it is inconsistent because here's why
>hurf durf kill yourself
>>
>>384562764
But he was infected with a logic virus, it's the one time where she has to kill him with her own hands.
It's the same thing happening again despite her not being given the order, hence her reaction.
>>
>>384562927
There is no inconsistency you retard. She's sad because she has to kill the guy she loves. She feels relief because he's not dead after she kills him. It's that simple.
>>
>>384562764
In prequel novels he killed himself with a self-administered virus and full wipe followed.
Read the lore you retarded monkey.
>>
>>384562927
Route B is entirely about the thing OP thinks doesn't happen. He's retarded. Hopefully he kills himself by accident soon enough.
>>
>>384562815
A person in charge of security would not make a decision like that, especially for no benefit. The evolving part of virus means you never know what to expect from it. There is no such concept in game as a virus that somehow is known by androids to be harmless.
>>
>>384563018
You are failing to realize that killing android's body is nothing like killing human's body.
>>
>>384563180
So, again, you're introducing a concept that isn't present in the game lore. No wonder you think there's an inconsistency.

>There is no such concept in game as a virus that somehow is known by androids to be harmless.
Exactly. So when they can verify that 9S was harmless, it would mean that the virus is no longer present in his consciousness and can safely be uploaded to the Bunker. You understand this but you still see inconsistencies?
>>
>>384563132
Route B is the same as route A.
>>
>>384563283
What the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>384563180
>A person in charge of security would not make a decision like that
"A person in charge of security" gave 9S full access to S-level data a few hours prior to that.
Commander had a massive change of heart at the end of A/B just like everyone inside the Bunker as they felt that the war is close.
Side materials confirm that 9S' data was 100% verified as fully reconstructed and harmless, retard.
>>
>>384563364
Okay if this is OP this is the confirmed as troll post. Good job OP you are truly a master at "pretending" to be a retard.
>>
>>384563337
He was infected with a virus known to adapt so the conclusion that virus is no longer present can't be drawn by anyone above 12 years old. I am not making up new concepts - I am applying common sense to information that was presented to me.
>>
>>384563537
What is the difference between A and B according to you?
>>
>>384563551
>>384562442
>>
File: felyneshrug.jpg (38KB, 416x385px) Image search: [Google]
felyneshrug.jpg
38KB, 416x385px
Game should have had more content instead of constant rehashing, and ended with Ending A. I don't care if you prove me wrong, this is my honest opinion.
>>
>>384563665
I loved music, visuals, fights, but reading about how dumb the plot is in this game is making me forget all that.
>>
Just finished this as well

Why did they make hacking such a big part of the game? The sections were 90% neither fun nor challenging and hacking as a combat mechanic felt like a cheap copout
Overall I much prefer the original Nier as it just feels more fulfilling as an experience, I didn't feel quite as emotionally invested in the game comparatively

Also the game lacks a certain viscerality in my opinion.
While the cutscenes do have some punch to them, it's just overall lacking whereas I remember the original Nier to always feel very visceral and just full of power

Maybe I'm just imagining things, I'll have to go back and play Nier again to see

tl:dr overall nothing to write home about, hacking is mostly non-entertaining garbage, 9S isn't best boy at all
>>
>>384563830
It's not a plot's fault that you're a retarded and close-minded faggot.
>>
>>384563696
Go play a different game then holy shit.
>>
>>384563640
Not him but completely new sidequests, new combat, new cutscenes, the last third of the route is different, new enemies.
>>
>>384563551
And the concept of the virus is that once it infects an android, their eyes start glowing and is visible to everyone. You're assuming that its ability to adapt isn't just a way to circumvent preventative methods like what happened with 21 and that it's also able to change its whole MO to become dormant, hidden or otherwise not visible to others based on information not found in the game or side materials. So, again, no wonder you believe there are inconsistencies. You're trying to give the virus traits that aren't present in the lore.
>>
>>384563854
>Why did they make hacking such a big part of the game
They didn't.
If you kept spamming hacking like a retard it's your own fault.
>>
>I don't understand it or enjoy this game so It's shit.
Not every game is going to play like call of duty or skyrim you fat fuck
>>
>>384563932
Events that unfold are the same... We are talking about story.
>>
>>384563965
>an entire chapter of the game is entirely composed of hacking
>not a big part

Have you played the game?
>>
>>384552360
>Loved one
Not canon
>>
>>384564000
So I guess all the stuff he just mentions was all just scenes of dogs fucking or something that didn't add to the story.
>>
>>384563890
It's plot's fault that it defies common sense for no benefit.
>>
>>384563551
Except Pods have an ability to detect virus infections in their units.
Except YoRHa actually studies virus patterns and in Bunker Observation Diary even 9S himself does this.
Except they have a way to quarantine infection.
>>
>>384564020
>one hour of a sixty hour game is composed of hacking
ok
>>
File: 8YQHCiX.jpg (294KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8YQHCiX.jpg
294KB, 1920x1080px
>>384564023
Who are you trying to trick at this point, anon?
>>
>>384563909
I am? I still finished Automata. I'm just expressing my opinion.

Still, I don't think anyone can disagree that it would have profited from less repetitive content.
>>
>>384564113
>sixty hours
>the average player will take around 15-20 hours to reach ENDING E

Stop deluding yourself into thinking you're right
>>
>>384551998
Not only is that partially false but it also has to do with losing the person you became during that time when memories are lost while dying without backing up your data.
>>
>>384564078
It's not plot's fault that you decide to close your ears and scream LALALA CANT HEAR YOU
>>
>>384563696
Well, it seems like people forget that this game didn't have some massive budget like SE's other projects. The rehash never bothered me, because I felt like they did a good enough job to keep it fresh and short.
>>
>>384564175
>>384563696
While I can agree to a certain extent and I did quite honestly find the credits rolling 3 times in a span of roughly 40 minutes to be ridiculous I think this style of game works very well for what it tries to accomplish

Although I did think it made more sense in Nier rather than the sequel
>>
>>384563941
One trait of being autistic is inability to put yourself inti another's position. We're talking about point of view of people in charge of the yorha bunker. They have no access to magical book of all lore in Nier. From their perspective is seen as an unpredictable evolving threat. Their decision to let in conciousness that was infected with virus defies common sense.
>>
>>384564020
A single chapter out of 17? Not even fully composed of it to boot? Holy shit.
>>
>>384564329
>From their perspective is seen as an unpredictable evolving threat
From their perspective it is seen as a well-known threat they can detect and quarantine.
>>
>>384564000
Yeah, pretty much. I asked you what was added, you said sidequests and enemies. Events that unfold are literally the same.
>>
>>384564345
Is this some sort of twofold irony I just don't understand?

Why are you acting like this?
>>
>>384564224
I clearly explained how it defies common sense. Who's closing his ears here?
>>
>>384564449
Because you're whining about a non-problem.
>>
>>384564329
They've dealt with the virus countless times in the past anon. They know what it's capable of and how best to deal with it. There's nothing to suggest it can evolve itself to become a dormant virus and there's plenty of evidence that they've devised methods to destroy the virus within an android's consciousness. No need for the insults anon, I'm trying to help you understand.
>>
>>384564278
Don't care about budget, just care about the end result. They had enough money to animate, voice and program the other Endings (some of them ENTIRELY superfluous), so they could have very well scrapped that and fleshed the game out way more with just one Ending.
>>
>>384564496
And got fed up with in-game lore you decide to ignore like a stubborn, autistic faggot you are.
>>
>>384564408
It was demonstrated to them that it evolves, so no, unless they are retarded, they won't believe such a thing.
>>
>>384564607
And can be detected even when it evolves.
>>
>>384564591
>ignore
I am not ignoring it, I am saying it defies common sense.
>>
>>384564607
>It was demonstrated to them that it evolves
While still being detectable by Pods and constantly researched in Bunker.
>>
Jesus what is this thread even about anymore
>>
>>384564520
It's not a non problem when roughly 6% of an already incredibly short game is forcing you through mind-numbing pseudo-shmup garbage for no rhyme or reason

How would you like it if 6 minutes of your favorite 100 minute album consisted of earbleeding noise and you had to listen to it to get to the rest? Makes no fucking sense
>>
>>384564679
A person in charge of security can't make a conclusion like that. It evolves, which literally means you don't know what to expect from it.
>>
>>384564690
What about it defies common sense?
>>
>>384564690
No, you are ignoring it. Game clearly tells that virus can be detected by Pods but the only thing you're repeating like a complete autist is that it can evolve to be non-detectable which goes against the fucking lore you're trying to argue about.
>>
File: 1485972981646.png (24KB, 764x706px) Image search: [Google]
1485972981646.png
24KB, 764x706px
>>384564778
>6%
>a problem
just get out from my face you whiny faggot
>>
>>384564787
If the virus already shows that it exhibits the same traits no matter how many times it evolves in the past, why would you assume that it's able to take on traits that make it something else entirely without any basis for such a belief? It's shown to evolve and they always know exactly what to expect from it every time.
>>
>>384564787
YorHa is staffed by women and little boys. And you expect them to act competently? They're all enormous drama queens, too. For all we know someone leaked the virus on purpose.
>>
>>384564778
>Makes no fucking sense
Thats true. Your analogy doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>384564929
Someone did leak the virus on purpose, anyone who played the game to completion knows that. What the fuck anon?
>>
File: 500.jpg (16KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
500.jpg
16KB, 500x327px
>>384564778
>whining about mind-numbing aspects
>of a Taro game
hownew.ru
>>
>>384564874
How can you say that?
How can you just ignore things like this?

If your body consisted of 6% cancerous tumor cells would you also just tell your family to stop whining?

Fucking insanity

How can you literal shiteaters be happy with this mediocre garbage?
>>
File: 1293459174081.png (2KB, 101x140px) Image search: [Google]
1293459174081.png
2KB, 101x140px
>>384564986
WELL WHAT DO YOU FUCKING KNOW!
>>
>>384564807
Even if there was in lore a mention that due to nature of virus it has no way to evolve to become for a time, androids who are in charge of security of yorha bunker have no access to that. From their perspective the virus has to be an unpredictable threat unless they are omnipotent gods who know everything.
>>
>>384565027
Your analogies are absolutely pants on head retarded.
You're crying about literally half a chapter out of 17 like an enormous drama queen.
>>
>>384565091
But the virus is a predictable threat. They know what it is, what it does, how it evolves, how to detect it and how to get rid of it.
>>
>>384564589
The budget is proportional to what they are able to pull off. And Ending A isn't even a real ending of the game since it's continued right after by Route C; it's more akin to the end of an Act in a play. The real ending is much more fleshed out than that. I think you're also really overestimating how much went into making some of those joke endings. Keep 'em or scrap em, it wouldn't significantly help the budget and allow them to create new fleshed out routes.
>>
>>384565091
Bunker has an R&D division and 9S himself is involved into analysing virus patterns and creating counter-measures. They know and understand way more about the nature of the virus than you're willing to admit as they were fighting it for thousands of years.
>>
File: 1473107187492.jpg (88KB, 352x540px) Image search: [Google]
1473107187492.jpg
88KB, 352x540px
>>384565178
>fleshed out routes.
It didn't need routes. It didn't need more endings than one. It definitely did need more enemy variety, better movesets for existing enemies, more weapons, more levels, more set pieces, more bosses, more everything, really - related to gameplay. Gameplay. You know, the core element of the game?

Instead we got passable gameplay with a little variety, but stretched way over its longevity for the purposes of a storyline which tends to fall flat anyway, as seen in this very thread. I would have taken asingle chapter of Automata (perhaps with a modified ending) but with fleshed out gameplay, over what we got in the released product.
>>
>>384565160
They also know it evolves which makes it an unpredictable threat. Even if they observed certain kinds of evolution of it, it is incorrect to make a conclusion that other alterations are impossible. It is still a threat, and however low the chance is - it is a chance that the virus would infect the station and bring whole YoRHa operation down. Avoiding this risk is literally free - restore 9S from yesterday's backup.
>>
The virus isn't even a threat in ending A. Only 9S' body was infected after breaching the deepest depths of the network and only because Eve was putting up his last desperate defenses. The 9S they recover from the network is from before that point.
>>
>>384565365
Routes A and B should have been the same, leave the combat to 2B, and story hacking to 9S.
The final fight keeps doing this back and forth thing, they could have used that.
A/B routes are way too slow paced to have to be experienced twice.
>>
>>384565428
It isn't a low chance anon. The virus has shown that it doesn't evolve to exhibit new traits. They've observed it for a long time and understand it enough to make that conclusion which is why they concluded that 9S has recovered from it and is risk-free. And seeing as nothing else happens afterwards to suggest that restoring 9S as is led to anything bad happening to the Bunker, what reason is there to assume that they shouldn't have done so based on something that isn't present in the game lore or what they know of the virus?

Again, why are you introducing concepts that aren't in the lore to justify your claims of inconsistencies?
>>
>>384565365
All Taro games have multiple routes/endings, it's basically become a staple design choice now
>>
>>384565443
Why is him getting infected dramatized so much if it means literally nothing?
>>
>>384565428
>They also know it evolves
How many times do we need to repeat that THEY'VE BEEN FIGHTING IT FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS, RETARD?
They know how to detect and contain it, they only require to create new barriers and hacking patterns to combat it effectively.
If 9S was confirmed 100% virus-free, he is.
>>
>>384565649
I am not introducing new concepts.
Those concepts exist in real world. No person involved in security in real world would make decisions like that. Those people that do fuck up on their first day and are promptly fired.
>>
>>384565365
>"IT NEEDS A BIGGER BUDGET!"

That's literally what you're asking for. I'm sorry that SE decided to pump every penny into XV, but I think if you consider the boundaries and limitations that the team had to work with, you can realistically appreciate what the game offers. And it offers a lot.
>>
>>384565679
A good designer is supposed to balance the proportions of story and gameplay. If your story needs to go on longer, make the gameplay sections denser and more varied. There is literally no reason for anyone to run through the same god damn levels and bosses several times because the story needs some gameplay to pad it out.

And note most of those repeated gameplay sections don't even have a bearing on the story. They are there as padding and nothing else. Taro could have made this padding entertaining for the player, but chose to reuse content that has already been experienced no less than twice instead. This is not good design.
>>
>>384565710
We've been fighting fire for thousands of years. It's still not safe, and fire unlike virus it doesn't even have a single neuron.
>>
>>384565857
If they didn't have the money to have adequate gameplay, they should have modified the story to fit it. It's not rocket science.
>>
>>384565943
>We've
Good thing we're not talking about us but about a 5k years-long machine war, right?
>>
>>384565702
Because it kills 9S
>>
>>384565995
You are implying there is a conceptual difference. There isn't.
>>
>>384565881
His games have never excelled mechanically and apart from Automata are weak in the gameplay category. This is why the games are enjoyed by a niche fanbase who overlook lacking gameplay in favour of other merits the game has to offer.
>>
>>384566019
It does not, he's restored from previous sync and only loses hours' worth of memories.
>>
>>384551748
>Why is death regarded as something significant by YoRHas?
It's not in general, you die many times throughout the game and just get a new body, that is until you get to routes C/D and the bodies stop coming, because by that point 9S had already severed the connection and the Bunker is gone anyway
>Yet in ending A, he dies and 2B is utterly devastated by it
She's devastated because she's in love with him and because she's actually 2E, her real task is to keep killing 9S over and over. By the time ending A happens she had already murdered him a few times and it fucked her up doing so.
>And then, why is she relieved when she finds out his conciousness has somehow migrated into machine network?
Because she didn't actually kill the guy she loves, obviously
>What happened to that afterwards actually? Did they just scrap the machine network 9S, or did they upload the corrupted 9S from machine network into the main YoRHa database?
Ending C takes place immediately after A/B, by the time A/B happen 9S has already disconnected himself and 2B from the YoRHa server.
>>
>>384566053
>You are implying there is a conceptual difference
Yes, because there is. They've been fighting a single enemy for thousands of years and studied it inside and out, even creating androids based on their technology. It's absolutely undeniable that they can detect virus infection.
>>
>>384565832
>Those concepts exist in real world.
Exactly, a concept that doesn't exist in Nier's lore. What reason is there to believe that the logic virus is able to evolve and take on new traits? In fact, what reason is there to assume a virus in your PC is able to take on new undocumented traits? A worm always does what a worm does, adware what adware does, malware what malware does, spyware what spyware does, etc. Why would anyone assume that a one thing would suddenly show traits of another if no such thing has happened before? And since no such thing has happened before in Automata's lore, why would they assume that it suddenly would?

>>384565943
Yeah, fire's still not safe but it doesn't mean we don't have measures to contain it or put it out. Should we start assuming that a fire can break out on its own and electrocuting people too? In fact, fire is very much predictable. What the fuck are you even talking about here?
>>
>>384551998
Ending B explains that 9S didn't do an upload prior to fighting Eve because things in the Bunker database were suspicious.
>>
>>384566153
Literally same sentence can be said about humans developing protection from fire, and it would obviously be false. Why would your statement be true then? I also hate how everyone here trivializes virus despite it being depicted as a grave threat in the game, just so you can wiggle your way out of an obvious inconsistency.
>>
>>384566136
So how did androids who had to make a decision about what to do with 9S did not notice that he disconnected himself and 2B?
>>
>>384566424
>I also hate how everyone here trivializes virus despite it being depicted as a grave threat in the game
No one's trivialising it though. What are you on about? The Bunker are constantly researching it and developing counter-measures for it. How is it something trivial?
>>
>>384566521
Plot device, Mr Frodo. Plot device.
>>
>>384566424
You human analogues are absolutely retarded and have nothing to do with android and machine war that begun when both of the sides already had access to extremely advanced tech but stagnated for 5k years. Virus can be detected and it's constantly being researched, deal with it.
>>
>>384566190
I imagine it must be difficult for an autist to understand, but we are talking about 2B who has no knowledge about what 9S did in route B.
>>
>>384566521
The Commander, you mean? She knew he was disconnected. She even tells him that and gives him some classified information when he's on the Bunker. How did you miss that?
>>
File: 1466642852025.jpg (72KB, 220x336px) Image search: [Google]
1466642852025.jpg
72KB, 220x336px
>>384566136
>an executioner unit is programmed to emotionally care about the one she's supposed to execute
I see a potential design flaw here.
>>
>>384565970
I think you came into this series expecting the wrong thing. First of all, NieR Auto is a massive improvement over the first game and even Drakengard 3 in that the story doesn't completely overshadow the gameplay and for the first time, one can walk away enjoying both aspects. Second, you're essentially asking them neuter the story to somehow be able to add more content to this game, which is unrealistic.

>to have adequate gameplay

Completely subjective. There's a good number of weapon types, each distinct and plenty of weapons under each category, of when which are upgraded to their max level, acquire new gameplay and aesthetc traits. Plug-In chips also offer a lot of replay-ability and customization and significantly change the way you play. There's also a bunch of unique and interesting Pod programs to lay around with. And all of this wrapped up in a tight, fluid combat system that allows for experimentation with you chain combos. I mean, I got a lot out of this game, even until the very end, I was changing how I played.
>>
>>384566719
She's not programmed, she came to love him on her own, without even understanding her own emotions at first and simply adoring him.
As for design flaw, blame Zinnia who gave them emotions in first place then died despite being the only android who managed to crack machine cores.
>>
>>384566719
None of them are programmed to emotionally care about each other apparently. They somehow managed to get that way regardless. The machines weren't designed to become emotional about each other either but they ended up that way in the end. Th same can be seen with Pod 153 and 042.
>>
>>384566663
It defies common sense, I deal with it by acknowledging it as inconsistency.

I don't do analogies. I use your reasoning to reach false conclusion, in order to demonstrate that your reasoning is faulty. Analogy is teaching tool.
>>
>>384566521
The Commander actually talks to him after the fact and tells him YoRHa is basically a hoax. You forgot about that?

>>384566719
>is programmed to emotionally care about
Nah, I'm pretty sure she's not specifically programmed to care.
>>
>>384566826
And no one noticed that across all the years YorHa was in op? That's ridiculous.
>>
>>384566830
>It defies common sense
No, it doesn't. Pods demonstrated multiple times that they have capabilities to detect any virus infection.
>>
>>384566547
You are claiming that it is literally impossible for it to surprise the bunker, that bunker security people would let it in even though if they are mistaken about its harmlessness it would destroy the whole YoRHa operation.

If that is not trivializing the virus, nothing is.
>>
>>384566830
It's common sense that a virus that hasn't shown the ability to take on new traits will somehow be able to do so for no reason whatsoever? Again, you're introducing a concept that isn't present anywhere in the lore. In fact, you're presenting a concept that's only inherent in biological viruses, which the logic virus is not.

>>384567029
Based on in-game lore, it is impossible for it to surprise the Bunker. The know what it is, how it operates, how it evolves, what traits it has, how to detect it and how to contain it. Why are you assuming they don't when there's evidence that they do?

>>384566895
They do notice it. There are androids who are in relationships even. The reason the Commander doesn't just wipe 9S and be done with it was because she knew 2B cared about 9S. What's ridiculous is how you managed to miss all of this.
>>
>>384566984
>Pods have detected viruses before
>Hence it is impossible for a pod to be mistaken
pls
>>
>>384567029
>literally impossible for it to surprise the bunker
Just like it's literally impossible to surprise any well-prepared military force that has access to analysis of enemy technology and considers all possible scenarios of military conflict.
>>
>>384567187
>some malicious code enters android body
>Pod is directly linked to that body and detects any abnormal changes in it
Yes?
153 even says to 9S that he's going to be infected if he continues hacking Eve.
>>
>>384567152
Like I wrote before, androids in charge of security don't have access to game lore. I am reasoning about how they would make a decision. You're blindly repeating lore lore lore.
>>
>>384567187
Why should anyone assume that they would be mistaken when there's no precedent for that? The pods also aren't mistaken so there's nothing that happens afterwards to suggest that they were mistaken either.
>>
>>384566791
>asking them neuter the story to somehow be able to add more content to this game, which is unrealistic.
How so? Games don't need overlong stories to stay enjoyable. They do, however, need varied gameplay. Automata has enough gameplay variety for one playthrough (i.e. achieving Ending A), but afterwards it spirals into repetition. Why, then, should Taro and the rest have not repurposed the superfluous story sections, reworked them into a single, condensed storyline, and perhaps polished the gameplay a little, instead of stretching out what they had beyond its own staying power?

I know, you like Automata's story, and you would rather not see it scrapped. That's fine. But there is seriously no need to fight Engels more than twice, there is no need to repeat almost the entirety of Route A in Route B, there is no need to run through the desert again as A2, there's no need to spend half an hour doing the same boring hacking sections, there's no need to run through the Machines' temple two times (except as a slower character the second time), etc. etc. You see my point?
>>
>>384567292
>yes
No! What is this? How are you using that as an argument? Being able to detect virus in some circumstances does not give you an ability to do that in any circumstance.
>>
>>384567307
Yeah, they have access to their own R&D and experience of the virus which we take as lore. It's lore to us and presented to us as a big magical book that we can read. For them, it's thousands of years of research and experience combating the virus. There's never been a time where they found the logic virus evolving and taking on new traits in their experience with and research of the virus. All of that is presented to us, the audience, the player, the people on this basket-weaving anonymous board, as lore. Hence, they made that decision.
>>
>>384567318
>Things don't happen for the first time.
>>
File: 1486126682156.jpg (3MB, 4000x2860px) Image search: [Google]
1486126682156.jpg
3MB, 4000x2860px
>>384556020
>The only thing they could do is address where the time period where Accord is from.
That was only something that came out of 3 though, so there's always the potential for 4 to simply be something completely different. But do you really want another DoD sequel? 3 was a mess and the entire game was just Taro taking the piss and he seems incapable of keeping a straight face when it comes to Drakengard anymore. DoD1 was the last time he made an insane game plays it straight.
>>
>>384567427
>in some circumstances
In ALL circumstances. Pods oversee all info that comes inside and outside of their linked android. Hence they can detect any change. You're arguing with in-game lore.
>>
>>384567397
>i should design games since my ideas are perfect and everyone would be satisfied with them
>>
>>384567427
Why wouldn't it? They've been able to detect the virus anytime it's present. Why would anyone suddenly assume that they suddenly don't have the ability to do so anymore or that the virus suddenly has the ability to hide from being detected?

>>384567520
And if it did happen, then they would react to it and assume that the virus can become dormant. However, since that first time hasn't yet happened, there's no reason to assume that it suddenly would.
>>
File: IMG_0034.jpg (107KB, 2048x1221px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0034.jpg
107KB, 2048x1221px
>>384566791
I agree on the gameplay stuff. Keep in mind that the entire control system had to work with all of the different camera angle shifts. The controls themselves are fine, but the leveling system is garbage. The game would benefit greatly from a Dark Souls-style approach to weapon damage scaling. There isn’t a viable way to run through the game at a low level, so that blocks off a huge amount of replayability. That said, I don’t think replayability is a concern for Yoko Taro.
>>
>>384567578
Uhh, I gave no ideas of my own whatsoever, dude. Just pointed out repeated sections in the game.
>>
>>384567520
Things didn't happen for 5k years, you mean. With androids already being able to crack the machine cores and learn everything about their capabilities.
>>
>>384556986
>You can only have one of them

That's some absurd thinking anon. You can have both quite easily.
>>
>>384567452
And you still claim this is not trivializing the virus? All that can be known is known, no way to surprise, but still not trivializing?
>>
>>384565679
Both Nier games handled the approach of multiple endings rather poorly. In Nier you simply replay the second half of the game in its entirety 3 more times, in Automata you replay all of the first half of the game before reaching C. But in both games, all endings are simply continuations of the previous, except the final ending which is a player made decision (not counting Auto's ending E for this purpose).

Compare that with Drakengard's endings. 2 actually more or less follows the method of the Nier games, and what do you know, 2 is ass. But 1 and 3 treat the endings as individual branches of a tree, spreading out to become their own thing, except for E which is just another final ending quick split.
>>
>>384568153
It's not trivialising, it's understanding what your enemy is capable of and not giving in to fear of the unknown. If, by your logic, they should assume that the virus is able to magically take on traits it's never shown in the past at all, what's to stop them from assuming that it can magically infect the Bunker even without a host? People make battle plans and executive decisions like this based on what can be understood. If we want to jump into hypotheticals based on nothing, then you'll be flooded with possibilities of what can happen.
>>
>>384551868
bait/10
>>
>>384568223
I do agree that Drakengard handled its endings better than the NieR games did. I think it comes down to the way they are named. If they were called acts then it would make far more sense, since the story continues in further routes.
>>
>>384567397
If it's the repetitive nature of Route B that you're solely talking about, then I really think it comes down to matter of the creator's vision. The primary focus of the game is on 3 protagonists and how their stories and paths intertwine, enriched by offering you to see each side from their perspective. My only gripe with Route B is that I found 9S's moveset unfun to play and nowhere as complex 2B's or A2's. But regardless, the change in playstyle with Route B, in conjunction with new added scenes was admirable, rather than having you just backtrack as 2B again, or something. Also, it's much shorter than Route A, which is convenient, and battling the same bosses with new moveset made it refreshing enough. I personally never got tired of the Bullet hacking hell mechanic, because I enjoy bullet hells, but I think it could have really used more variety. All in all, I was never really bothered by Route B because it ultimately enriched 9S's story and demise in Route C.

I genuinely think your issue with Route B could've been alleviated if 9S had a more robust playstyle.
>>
How are android black boxes made from machine cores if the first androids were made before machines were on earth? (at least the in-game enemy machines, I'm pretty sure my dishwasher doesn't have a core)
>>
>>384568153
Stop treating virus like some ungodly, all-powerful tool. It's simply a powerful weapon that can be analysed and countered. Your wild headcanons have nothing to do with the game.
>>
OP is clearly emotionally stunted and unable to empathize. Now this thread isn't even about what he was originally asking.
>>
>>384568378
Doing that is literally a job of anyone employed in security.
>>
>>384568449
Yeah, in the same way it was a good decision for Drakengard 3's to actually be called branches.
>>
>>384566791
The one thing they really fucked up in terms of gameplay for me was the difficulty curve, it was just too easy after a certain point, even on Hard, since you didn't really get enemies of your own level if you did all sidequests and explored. High level weapons, all kinds of Pod Programs, high level chips and the space to use them and every common enemy you see pretty much dies as soon as you glance in its general direction. I would've loved to have some side areas with tougher enemies at least.
>>
>>384568460
Not all androids have a black box you dummy, only YoRHa. That's why they're considered disposable.
>>
>>384568460
Only YoRHa black boxes are made from the machine cores.
>>
>>384568460
Only YoRHa are made from re-used machine cores because it was deemed inhumane to give androids unique AI if they were going to be designed to be killed. The other androids have unique AI
>>
>>384568549
Anon, people who work security don't make hypotheticals based on nothing. That's the exact opposite of what to do since you'll end up wasting time, manpower and budget on all manner of bullshit. You make contingencies, plans, counter-measures etc. based on what is documented, recorded and observable.

In conclusion, OP found inconsistencies in the game because he decided to introduce his own concepts and logic that doesn't even fly in the real world. What a thread.
>>
>>384568549
Security doesn't work on wild assumptions.
>>
>>384567397
I liked route B, get fucked.
>>
>>384568549
To a reasonable extent, retard. That's not even the only time 9S is connected to the machine network. Right after he gets rescued from the Copied City 9S is ordered to do a system overhaul because he might have been infected while on the network.
>>
>>384568780
It does. It's your job to protect from wildest of assumptions.
>>
>>384568941
>It does.
No, it doesn't, retard. Read how things work in real life for a change. They don't work on a basis of "what if our enemies spontaneously sprouted wings and came flying to us in silence".
>>
>>384568941
Based on precedents. No one's going to put in time, effort and budget devising a contingency plan against a malware virus that can transform your PC into a Decepticon that is hell bent on human domination because there's no precedent for it.
>>
Ok, so what about A2's story? She was an earlier model, she and her squad were treated as disposable guinea pigs and sent on a dangerous mission they weren't necessarily expected to live through to get combat data or whatever, so A2 felt betrayed by command and deserted...

...and just hung around forever doing nothing until she decided to show up and kill the forest king's baby when A2 and 9S went there just because? What was the deal with her?
>>
>>384569368
She was killing machines the whole time.
>>
>>384569368
She had he own personal vendetta against machines because of what happened during the Pearl Harbour descent. 2B and 9S just coincidentally came across her as she was killing the new Forest King. She doesn't appear beforehand because she is a fugitive in hiding.
>>
>>384569368
"A2’s goal is to destroy machine lifeforms, so she decided to destroy the forest king after hearing that the ruler of the forest was a machine lifeform. Though A2’s main goal is not the destruction of YoRHa units, she will destroy them if they chase after her. A2 continues to fight due to her oath with her comrades who fought with her during the descent operation, and especially her promise with number 4, who saved her life."

She just killed machines, like she was conceived to do, until her path crossed with 2B and 9S
>>
>>384569647
>>384569742
>>384569759
That's for the dégradé of progressively more detailed answers lads
>>
File: DD1_Manah_CGI.png (2MB, 1703x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DD1_Manah_CGI.png
2MB, 1703x1080px
Lalalalala, lalalalala. The Watchers, they dance. Lalalalala, lalalalala.
>>
So what happens after ending E? The ark is destroyed, A2, 2B and 9S make it through alive and with their memories, and then what? What would they do next? What happens to the machines? Does their situation change at all after the ark is destroyed? Killing Adam and Eve was supposed to make them weaker (at least according to YoRHa's plans) by fucking up the network but it didn't seem to work and if anything made them more dangerous. Does fucking up the ark do anything to them? Did it get rid of the red girls, and does that have any effect on anything?

I waited for the end of the semester to play this shit and now I feel like I'm way behind on tons of side material and word of God interviews and shit that I don't really feel like diving into right now.
>>
>>384570140
"Here are the last few entries in the official timeline:
11945:
August 6th: The “tower” launches an object into space.
September 2nd: Humanity’s forces announce the end to the 14th machine war.
September 5th: ——–
September 19th: ———
11946:
January: Peaceful machine lifeforms led by Pascal sign a ceasefire with humanity’s forces.
12422:
September 2nd: An android wearing black clothes is sighted.
12530:
“Nobles” appear amongst machine lifeforms.
12543:
Civil disturbance happens amongst machine lifeforms. Not counting individuals who’ve gone out of control, this is the first internal conflict amongst machine lifeforms."
>>
>>384570140
I haven't read all the side materials yet but as far as I know, 2B and 9S eventually awaken and are together without any details on exactly what happens afterwards. The machines are without a network and end up simulating human life very similarly so they wage wars on each other and shit.
>>
What is the cycle bullshit the game keeps going on about? Even in the final ending the pods are like BUT WILL THEY BREAK THE CYCLE HUH WHO KNOWS WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS MAYBE THEY WILL, what the fuck are they even talking about?
>>
>>384570041
Here little brother! Here little devil!
>>
>yet another game ruined by atricous "levelling" system
oh wow, a pack of "lvl 35" enemies that i have no way of beating because im "lvl 15" just got spawned by a random quest, so much fun

when won't this archaic shit just die already
>>
>>384552609
>choke your wife to death
>lol whats the big deal
>>
File: Manah.png (2MB, 1703x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Manah.png
2MB, 1703x1080px
>>384570867
Do the Watcher laugh, too?
>>
>>384570879
>endgame
>unlock chapter select

what's the point I'm fucking level 99 and steamroll everything
>>
>>384571491
>what are quests
>>
>>384571491
did you use the exploit too? :^)

also i feel incredibly guilty about buying my way to the platinum trophy
>>
>>384571491
That's why Emil is there for you.

>>384571767
You've got to kill the golden rabbit machine at least once if you want all the weapon upgrades anyway. It'd be silly not to go back.
>>
>>384572004
>haha time for super secret boss
>life at empties in a few hits
>have to stand around and wait for him to finish crying
>>
File: 59-crushingmace64.jpg (17KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
59-crushingmace64.jpg
17KB, 640x480px
>>384571376
A love that crushes, like a mace- lalalalala lalal-
Thread posts: 308
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.