[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has vidya ever helped you in real life situations? >In philosophy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11

File: Geralt_of_Rivia.jpg (184KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Geralt_of_Rivia.jpg
184KB, 1920x1080px
Has vidya ever helped you in real life situations?

>In philosophy
>Professor asks me about the concept of evil
>Put on the spot, start panicking but remember a certain quote from Witcher 3
>"Evil is Evil. Lesser, greater, middling… Makes no difference. The degreee is arbitary. The definition’s blurred. If I’m to choose between one evil and another… I’d rather not choose at all"
>Professor looks stunned, class gives me a round of applause
>>
2/10 no spaghetti
>>
I got stuck in a crowd at a concert and to get out of it I did the subtle push on people's shoulder thing from Assassin Creed. It worked quite well and people unconsciously stepped aside and let me though.
>>
>>384550893
>unconsciously
they consciously moved away from you, creeper
>>
I treat all of my social experiences like they are in Persona by just distilling people to a few characteristics and telling them what they want to hear until they like me.
>>
>Out on ranchland playing with brother while my father is doing work on his deer blind
>Start feeling tired
>Notice nearby Aloe Vera that I can identify because I bought Todd Howards The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion with Horse Armor DLC
>Rub it on my body
>Restore Fatigue effect takes place immediately
>Keep playing

Who would've thought I could learn real life herbology from a video game? Just goes to prove all teachers wrong.
>>
>>384550954

They were dancing and focusing on the music. Me gently pushing them didn't disturb them.
>>
>>384551016
How's that working out for you?
>>
File: Persona_3_Protagonist.png (400KB, 1362x686px) Image search: [Google]
Persona_3_Protagonist.png
400KB, 1362x686px
>>384551119
Let's just say he frequently puts a gun to his own head
>>
>>384550526
So what you're saying is, philosophy is a fucking waste of time and you blew your professor's mind with a shitty video game quote?
>>
>>384551119
Pretty well. I mean, I'm not close with anyone, but I think on average I'm liked.
>>
>be in NAVY SEAL class
>professor asks if anyone knows how to capture the point
>fukn summer n00b says "nade spam"
>I begin to chuckle
>class looks at me
>"Ok anon....what do you say?"
>"heh...I knew a low tier non-prestiged scrub like you would think that would ever work"
>classmate begins to sweat
>"if you truly knew how to capture a point you'd know the best strategy is to not capture the point"
>"let your team mates lay prone next to a wall and go find where the enemy spawn"
>everyone begins to get up from their seat
>"from there it's a matter of doing tactical no scopes and spinning so the bullets bounce off of you, but it's not like you'd know that camping in mid lodge"
>the classmate begins to cry
>professor tells me I'm the son he wish he had
>instantly given my SEAL wings and elected unanimously to be a team leader
>class gives me a round of applause
>>
When I was in high school and played the original 2 fallouts, I started trying to talk to people as if I was doing a skill check every time I tried to persuade/deceive/befriend them.

Landed me plenty of friends and a gf, at the time. I think I'm one of few people that can claim that vodka made his life better.
>>
File: 10-10.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
10-10.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
>>384551376
kek, thanks for the laugh anon
>>
>>384551205
Any subject that's open to interpretation is really easy to bullshit your way through. Film analysis classes are easy as balls to coast through for that reason, as well.
>>
Playing pokemon led me to understand the meaning of more words than my classmates in the first grade of primary school but that's about it.
Shit like endeavour, route, flail, covet, etc.
>>
>>384551016
That's called being a sociopath, or at least a Hypocrite.
>>
>>384550526
ITT: Things that never happened
>>
Isn't this pasta?
>>
>>384550526
My physiology professor plays modded skyrim
We made stupid in-jokes and I got a heads up for questions in the exam
>>
The quote says nothing about the concept of evil though
>>
>>384550526
Kek, but seriously what a cringy quote.
>>
>>384551108
Aloe vera is some good shit yo
>>
>>384550526
Soul Calibur and other game series improved my vocabulary, which helped me on standarized testing.
>>
>>384550526
Playing Catherine helped me organize the boxes I keep in storage more effectively.
>>
>>384550526
Isn't that line actually from the books?
>>
>>384551016
I'm going to blow your fucking mind right now. Are you ready?

That's what literally everyone does. Normies, successful businessmen, that cute girl at the mall. Everyone is just faking it.
>>
File: 1453208304901.png (57KB, 759x797px) Image search: [Google]
1453208304901.png
57KB, 759x797px
>>384550526
>In philosophy
>Professor asks me about the concept of evil
>Put on the spot, start panicking but remember a certain quote from Witcher 1
>"Your mother sucks dwarf cock"
>Professor looks stunned, class gives me a round of applause
>>
>>384550526
Seek help.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/%3EProfessor%20asks%20me%20about%20the%20concept%20of%20evil/
>>
>>384552824
It's originally from The Last Wish but they reference it in the game once or twice too.
>>
I learned from GTA that if your car starts to flip in a crash to turn into the flip as opposed to the previous instinct to turn against the flip to prevent the car from going upside in a crash.
>>
File: 1495356807934.png (572KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1495356807934.png
572KB, 960x540px
>>384551210
Keep working on those S links!
>>
File: 1476498184891.gif (940KB, 142x206px) Image search: [Google]
1476498184891.gif
940KB, 142x206px
I learned from Sonic that if I put my arms behind my back while I run I go faster.
>>
>>384550893
>he needed a video game reference to how to make people move out of your way

How can people survive with such high degree of autism?
>>
File: flame.jpg (30KB, 612x342px) Image search: [Google]
flame.jpg
30KB, 612x342px
>>384552752

This is more or less the biggest thing to be honest. Other than learning a few facts about certain things in real life
>>
File: fwd rx7.jpg (409KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fwd rx7.jpg
409KB, 1920x1080px
I learned a bit about cars and car culture from racing games.
>>
>>384553226
Because it's not true autism, these people just need a wake-up call from reality and they'll snap right out of it.
>>
>>384550526
Reminds me of the time that quiet kid told the loud bitch to shut the fuck up and everyone clapped, even the teacher
>>
File: 0.png (804KB, 743x494px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
804KB, 743x494px
>be me
>work in defense sector
>sent abroad to manage a security team
>only 23 yr old and not really sure I can do this
>meet the security team
>all hardened veterans with big mouths
>plainly tell me they won't follow my orders and will just do their thing because they know full well that I don't know shit
>call me a pussy and a faggot
>completely intimidated
>suddenly notice the handgun on that guy strapped to his chest
>literally looks like something out of CSGO or CODMW, with a shitty yellow paintjob, bright orange trigger, over complicated sight, a dragon engraving and shit
>"You plan to kill people with that toy?"
>guy is completely bewildered
>"You put paint on the feeding ramp, the slide has been weakened by your modification, the interlock with the frame is lose and I can see it shaking from here, the sight system is original too, the thumb safety is too short and your fat fingers probably can't reach it, the custom trigger is made in shitty plastic, too short and slippery, there's no ring on that hammer, the base of the trigger guard has been made extra slippery yet again because of that paint, and every part of this gun has been expertly ruined and made faulty."
>*turn around*
>"Engravings give you no tactical advantage in the battlefield. Get a proper gun, or get your ass back home."

He blew up on an IED anyway, but at least he took me seriously until that point.
>>
File: DBZ.png (155KB, 318x299px) Image search: [Google]
DBZ.png
155KB, 318x299px
>>384553540

Fucking hilarious
>>
Going from SR ~ 3200-ish in Season 4 in Overwatch to my current season high of SR ~ 3855 taught me the value in leadership, optimism, and self-sacrifice. I feel confident that I now possess the skill necessary to build a successful start up company in the Appliance market. Maybe even get bought out my Procter and Gamble someday.

Thanks Jeff
>>
>>384550526
You learn more from vidya than anyone would think. What you sometimes take as "basic knowledge" is in fact quite advanced. The culture you've amassed is something many people would pay a fortune to know, if only they knew such knowledge exists. Take a plane to the rest of the world, and see how your "basic knowledge" makes you look like a wizard in Africa, Asia and South America, like "washing your hands" (wow so much technology)
Also this: http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/millions-of-americans-think-chocolate-milk-comes-from-brown-cows/

You learn a lot from old point&click adventure games that have you travel the world and experiment with plenty unusual stuff, action adventure games that add to that resources to manage and great orienteering skills back then when games didn't have an ingame map, strategy/tycoon/city building games that force you to make plans, establish budgets, estimate risks and mitigate incidents... I've climbed elevator shafts, fixed oilwells, survived the flooding of underwater living quarters, turned people one against the other, stopped plagues, practiced with radio communication, sabotaged anti-air defenses to get air support, learned to protect myself from radiatioactivity, made maps of the environments I explored, kept journals of my activities and transcripts of my exchanges, established efficient routes for operations and resupplying, passed concealed weapons through metal detectors, punched tech guys in the face to get passwords, decided which businesses to expand on based on the market and my own financial capabilities, experimented hundreds of ways to escape prison, learned the sensitive parts of the human body to hit when you attack, and protect when you take a beating, estimated the risk/reward ratio of jobs based on a number of factors, made informed purchases by comparing different products available and their characteristics...

As long as you didn't stick to CoD, vidya should have made you pretty smart.
>>
>>384553747
>competitive overmeme

kill yourself.
>>
Yeah I learned how to socialize with people. In my head I just immediately give myself time to make up four responses and pick from them. Somtimes the results are hilarious and other times it helps me get through dialogue. People are just NPC's anyway and the world is full of them so you never know just what they might have for you. Also the anime run really does make you faster my dudes not even kidding.
>>
>>384554036
>Also the anime run really does make you faster my dudes not even kidding.
Teach me that run. I once tried the Sonic run, whole thing was embarassing as fuck, especially the part where I fell forward and broke my nose.
>>
>>384552380
>Isn't this pasta?
About a year old now, at least.
>>
>>384554036
Are you telling me there is a noticeable pause when someone talks to you and you coming up with a response?

That's autistic as fuck dude
>>
>>384550526
This quote is from the books first off, and secondly, Geralt ends up choosing a damn evil anyways and cuts down the vagabonds about to hold a town hostage so they can kill a nearby wizard who wronged them. It's how he got the nickname, Butcher of Blaviken. Geralt never knows what the fuck he's on about and ends up being a hypocrite most of the time. Not to say he's a bad guy for it, but his philosophy is garbage.
>>
>>384554036
>>384554204
>Also the anime run really does make you faster my dudes not even kidding.

No it doesn't you retarded faggots. If it did make us faster then humans would evolved to run like that.
>>
File: 1345231278737.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1345231278737.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>384554036
>>
>>384554578
>evolved
opinion discarded
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.