[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>25 levels per game >every level archetype gets repeated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1495646875026.jpg (323KB, 1188x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1495646875026.jpg
323KB, 1188x1500px
>25 levels per game
>every level archetype gets repeated like 5 fucking times
>3 has shitty gimmicks out of the ass so you actually only have like 10 fun levels in the entire game
>100% each game takes like 5-6 hours tops

What a fucking waste of money. Why did I listen to nostalgia faggots. Those games are terrible.
>>
>>384549959

Do the relics faggot you haven't completed shit.
>>
Yet it only cost $40, whereas most games cost 60
>>
How the fuck do you do Piston it Away?

Also level archetypes getting repeated isn't just a Crash thing.
>>
Crash Bandicoot 1>Warped>Cortex Strikes Back
>>
>>384551428
>Warped over Cortex Strikes back

I can accept Crash 1 being as good or greater than Cortex Strikes back even though I disagree with it, but rating Warped higher? Fuck no.
>>
>>384549959
>5-6 hours for 100%.
what fucking game did you play?
>>
>>384551312
>remaster costs 40 dollars instead of 30
>has content for 20
>>
Going through all the time trials now... I can't for the life of me find where I am losing time in The Gate Wall and Native Fortress.
>>
>>384552263

You know about the backdrop secret on Native Fortress right?
>>
>>384552347
Yep, but I am still a few secs off the platinum.
>>
File: crashbob.png (24KB, 810x688px) Image search: [Google]
crashbob.png
24KB, 810x688px
>>384552347
>tfw got gold without knowing about the secret
>>
>>384551365
One must reach the death platform without dying, take it, die immediately to proceed from last check point, go get the last box at the end of the level, make your way back to the death platform, finish the level.
>>
>>384552467

After the first vertical section (the first ones with the spinny platforms I mean) you can jump over the fire pit if you time your jump right. Try to keep your mask from the beginning to damage boost through the fire pits towards the end. DON'T grab the second mask later in the level, as it takes too much time. Generally be on time for cycles on the second horizontal section.
>>
>>384551428

For the remaster, this. Original 1 is too primitive across the board but the remaster fixes a lot of its archaic designs so you're left with the solid platformer behind it without distractions. And I've always liked Warped more than Cortex Strikes Back, the latter has its share of bullshit that gets on my nerves like its guidebait secret exits and obtuse colored gem requirements whereas I actually don't hate Warped's gimmick levels and is otherwise a less obnoxious version of Cortex Strikes Back. At least Crash 1 has the decency to be straightforward about its bullshit.
>>
>>384553728
>Talking about obnoxious secret bullshit
>When Crash 3 has the ONE Pterodactyl and the sign you are supposed to hit

Come on man. The only bullshit secret of 2 was the pit in Un-Bearable.
>>
Man Crash 1 really helped me realize just how good Crash 2 and 3 are.

>Colored Gems are fun to go for
>Depth perception isn't fucked
>Levels are actually fun and not a chore like High Road and the one after that
>Bosses are awesome and not forgettable (Except the Dragon Bros)
>Story doesn't make me question it every five minutes
>And the last two aren't a chore to play through

All Crash 1 is good for is spawning Crash 2 and 3
>>
>>384553728
>Original 1 is too primitive across the board but the remaster fixes a lot of its archaic designs so you're left with the solid platformer behind it without distractions.

Remaster makes certain stages in 1 harder than it should be because it updates the game to have the physics of 3 but doesn't redesign the levels to compensate.
>>
>>384553845
>>Story doesn't make me question it every five minutes

I agree with everything else but this makes me confused. It's a simple story. Crash wants to save his Girlfriend and to do that, he has to go through this evil scientist's shit.
>>
>>384553819

I'll give you the Eggipus Rex exit, that one's as bad as 2's secret exits like in Bee-having or Air Crash. Hot Coco at least has the bird that flies into the sign if you pay enough attention. Either way, 3 doesn't have bullshit like the blue gem which has requirement that, while easy, is hardly intuitive and is NEVER done anywhere else in the trilogy. Same with the purple gem, though that one's more on the level of the Hot Coco exit I suppose. And I'm simply not a fan of some of those clear gems - Piston It Away and Cold Hard Crash immediately come to mind. I also hated Totally Bear for being a forced movement level where you can't see properly in front of you and the jetpack stages for having worse controls than any gimmick in Warped. 2 is ultimately good but fuck, it has some bullshit that aggravates me.

>>384553913

True to an extent, the bridge stages in particular are way worse than they used to be and much has been made of the slippery platform edges. Honestly though, I found that once I adapted to that change then most stages weren't too bothersome on that front. I'll go ahead and toss Fumbling In The Dark as one that also suffers from it but nowhere near as bad as High Road, and ultimately I think the QOL benefits outweigh the physics snafus. Bit of a trade-off but for me I think it's a net gain.
>>
>>384554503
Air Crash's isn't that out of the realm of intuitive, it's frustrating as shit trying to get onto the platform, I give you that. But I almost forgot about the blue gem and you are right about that.
>>
>>384554503

All they had to do was redesign those levels to work with the physics
>>
>>384554691

I really only think the bridge levels needed that but I would definitely touch up those levels. The plank and rope hitboxes are just too small and the turtle jumps in the first half of High Road are WAY too tight. But those are the only levels I think need touching up. Really, if you made the edges less rounded then that fixes pretty much any lingering problems in the other levels. But yeah, the bridge ones definitely needed more work.
>>
>>384555093
Agreed.
Jesus christ the hitboxes were so bad in the n sane trilogy that I just dropped it midway through 2.
>>
>>384555596

I mean, I ended up platting all 3 games but yeah, I do question how that particular decision made it past QA.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.