[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished this game. I actually fucking loved it, even though

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 3050132-4619974363-TheLa.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3050132-4619974363-TheLa.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Just finished this game.

I actually fucking loved it, even though I despise the uncharted series and these "cinematic experiences" games. Pretty disappointing the final boss fight was a corridor of regular enemies but i also felt it fit the narrative pretty well and could be excused.

I actually like the ending in general even though it was a bit abrupt. But it worked pretty well for Joels character I thought.
Also the flame thrower was beyond op and made the game laughably easy even on the hardest difficulty.

What are you hoping to see out of TLOU2? Playing as Ellie could be a different experience for sure considering she is not as physically powerful as Joel and probably not as proficient in stealth. Kinda like a toned down verison of playing her in the winter sections.
>>
File: 1494515329307.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494515329307.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
>>384549087
>falling for Oscar bait this badly
>>
>>384549232
>making this poor shit of a post
wew
>>
Playing is Ellie was the only good part of the game.
>>
Ellie's feet. They'll probably be captured from her VA's.
>>
>>384549332
t. pedo in denial
>>
Joel would fit perfectly as a character in the Silent Hill universe.
>>
>>384549087
I love TLOU but I have no interest in the sequel. Like I honestly don't anticipate playing it. The ending was the best part of the first game's story and really needs to be left alone. There are improvements I would love to see in the gameplay department, but that never seems to be Naughty Dog's focus.
>>
>>384549232
If you're gonna diss a guy for liking something, at least make a fucking effort to counter their points.

This is worse than saying nothing.
>>
>>384549087
This game is fucking amazing. Literally went into a light depression after finishing this because to this day I have not played a game that came close to this. This is probably one of the last full single player experiences out there. Varied locations and weather that takes 20+ hours to complete or so.

also if you haven't beat it on grounded you never actually beat it.
>>
>>384549605
I'm >>384549863 and same honestly. Not hyped at all. More frightened of the game being shit and tarnishing the perfect name of this series.
>>
>>384549935
Yeah, even Left Behind was a bit sketchy to me. I overall really liked it, but it felt a little unnecessary. Also I thought it was just weird that they made Ellie a lesbian. Why was that necessary?

I can't wait to see where Druckmann takes the story next.
>>
>>384549087
I'm currently replaying it.
I got to the hotel part in the city were you got ambushed. I fell through the elevator pitch and remembered what part comes after. I had to drop it.
>>
>>384549605
I'm just mad Joel and Ellie are the MCs again, even though ND said they were finished with their story.
>>
File: 1496648870068.jpg (38KB, 433x319px) Image search: [Google]
1496648870068.jpg
38KB, 433x319px
>>384549683
Alright fine. Every twist of the game was predictable as fuck. I found myself guessing 10 minutes before it happens
>Ellie turns out to be immune
>Joel's partner turned out to be infected
>One of the boy gonna be infected
>Joel changed his mind and brings Ellie to Fireflies
>That creepy guy turns out to be the raiders
>Turns out you need to kill Ellie

Worldbuilding is retarded.Why would bandits control a city and kill anyone who passes by for no reason? Why would the military still be so shit at dealing with zombies? Why are there no bicycles? Why is there a fucking giraffe? Why are there still so many zombies and humans to kill? This is the kind of shit that could probably happen in 5 maybe 10 years onwards, not fucking 20.

It became very clear to me that TLOU was cynically manipulating heart strings when I saw one of the brothers to kill himself. It is oscar bait in video game form, a sappy narrative that had scenes where I could almost see Naughty Dog yelling "Cry at this! Do it!"

Gameplay was good though. I loved the shooting mechanic. I genuinely regretted playing this game
>>
>>384550924
>Every twist of the game was predictable
While this is mostly true, TLOU is more character driven than plot driven. The heart of the game is the relationship between Joel and Ellie, and predictable plot points didn't ruin that for me. Even when I saw something coming from a mile away, the execution was good enough that I still cared about what was happening.
>Worldbuilding is retarded, etc...
What are you, down syndrome?
>>
>>384550924
>Why would bandits control a city and kill anyone who passes by for no reason?
post apocalyptic storytelling. Not so different than any other game with these settings.
>Why would the military still be so shit at dealing with zombies?
It's an airborne fungi that infected a majority of the population before anyone could respond
>Why are there no bicycles?
I dunno
>Why is there a fucking giraffe?
Salt Lake Zoo. Teased on countless signs before reaching that part.
>Why are there still so many zombies and humans to kill?
Why wouldn't there be zombies to kill? I guess you can argue that humans should be more rare then running into packs of bandits every new setpiece.
>>
>>384551685
The execution was okay. The story was still very by the numbers melodrama. While it is not bad, it is still massively overrated

>What are you, down syndrome?
You can't have realistic gameplay mechanics and unrealistic worldbuilding. I accept the 20 years fungal infection like any audience but these flaws were still undeniable. I didn't mind one or two flaws, but the giraffe scene was the one straw that broke the camel's back. It was not only impossible but only cynically manipulating heartstrings.
>>
>>384549087
It was entertaining enough for a single playthrough. Gameplay is abysmal. Would be interested in the sequel if it either ditches stealth and just gives me the cinematic moments it wants me to have or actually improves the gameplay and is fulfilling to play.
>>
>>384552079
>Not so different than any other game with these settings.
But other games didn't had people occupying one location to kill anyone who crosses it. How can something unsustainable still be happening after 20 years.

>a majority of the population before anyone could respond
20 years to adapt. 20. fucking. years. Humans have adapted to lamer shit in 20 months.

>Salt Lake Zoo.
But how can a giraffe survive 20 years amongst a very unfamiliar climate and habitat, hungry humans and predators? If I wanna be really anal, I would point out the lifespan issue too. Again if this story was set 5 years later that would be fine.

>Why wouldn't there be zombies to kill?
Mainly coz there is far less humans around to infect and zombies will decompose eventually. But I take far more issue with too many humans than zombies though
>>
>>384552440
Can you ditch stealth at all? I'm making a second run and all I want is to destroy the living shit out of all zombies I come across, but the ammo is too limited and you barely can fight a couple of them on close combat.
>>
>>384549087
I expect the sequel to be 100% rubbish. The designs are already there, and Neil "I'm a super feminist who writes rape fiction on the interbutts for fun" Druckmann is still in charge.
>>
>>384552198
>You can't have realistic gameplay mechanics and unrealistic worldbuilding.
Okay, I get where you're coming from. I didn't get hung up on the giraffes for whatever reason. I think that sequence was just surreal enough for me that it worked well as a contrast to the stressful, "realistic" situations they were in previously. I don't think it would have had the same impact if they were watching deer or something. Also I know nothing about giraffes so that helped.
>>
>>384549087
Yeah I picked it up for free when I bought my PS3 and I was hooked I don't usually play for hours but this one got my attention. Don't listen to /v/ they'll shit on anything popular
>>
>>384552642
The game likes to drop ammo when you get low on it, so ditching stealth is possible. You just need to be competent at melee (aka use bricks) and save molotovs for some of the really frustrating sections.
>>
>>384552198
>>384552891
Also I agree that it's massively overrated. Some reviewer called it the "Citizen Kane" of gaming. I mean, c'mon now.
>>
>>384553264
Citizen Kane is more overrated than TLOU though
>>
>what are you hoping to see out of TLOU2
it getting cancelled, this game doesn't need a sequel, especially not one following the ellie and joel again
>>
>>384549087
There is no final boss tho.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.