[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Kojima just wants to fuck around with Sony's money and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 386
Thread images: 48

File: kojima01.jpg (39KB, 604x315px) Image search: [Google]
kojima01.jpg
39KB, 604x315px
>Kojima just wants to fuck around with Sony's money and talk to Hollywood and capeshit people
>asks Geoff to set up meetings with him and James Gunn for E3 despite Gunn have literally nothing to do with video games
>signs up at Comic-Con just to talk to industry people
>Sony is getting fed up and calls him back to the office because there is still no actual game
>Kojima has to cancel showing up

LMAO
>>
>>384544902
>despite Gunn have literally nothing to do with video games
He made lollipop chainsaw you dumb fuck
>>
>>384544902
Source on everything but the kojima canceling thing? Haven't kept up with kojima
>>
>>384544902
Kojima is so pathetic. No wonder Konami canned his ass. Just a pathetic has been who dreams of writing movies.
>>
>>384545019
Wow ONE fucking video game, might as well get George Lucas because he created Lucas Arts and they put out some actually good games at some point.
>>
Is any of this true or just speculation for the sake wanting see a dev/company fail to deliver?
>>
Kojima=Inafune
Death Stranding=Mighty No.9
>>
>>384545101
That's bullshit, but I believe it.
>>
File: 1457379152712.png (137KB, 465x996px) Image search: [Google]
1457379152712.png
137KB, 465x996px
>>384545316
This. It's like I'm, living 2012 all over again but the memes and community somehow managed to get worse
>>
In my point of view, Kojima is the bad guy.
>>
>>384545069
>>384545289

Probably all conjecture just from this tweet.
>>
>>384545101
it'll be great for neutrals tho. we will either get a great game or a huge supply of high octane shitposting fuel
>>
>>384544902
>It's a OP posts his fanfiction episode
>>
>>384545318
Trust me, you guys do NOT have the full picture of went on with MGSV at all.

The real reason Konami is cracking down on the video game division is due to Kojima's influence ruining pretty much all of our brands. Everything was going way over budget, we couldn't do anything ourselves (Metal Gear Rising was ONLY as good as it was because of PlatinumGames, who rock by the way), and Kojima constantly kept telling everyone that MGSV had the potential to pull GTA numbers, if they JUST gave him the resources and time.

The thing was, he was using his resources and time to fly around the world, meeting famous directors and models and starting work on ANOTHER overtly ambitious project, Silent Hills. (I can talk about this in another post, if you guys are interested) long before MGSV was finished.

Long story short, Kojima leaving is a blessing in disguise. We have great talent working on new games that will be announced soon. Sadly, we likely won't make another game on the scale of MGSV for years and years, but we are optimistic the variety of games offered will please long time fans.
>>
>>384545950
So long as you dont make another Big Boss game, that's fine by me.
>>
>>384544902
maybe kojimbo will finally stop asking all the male actors to pose naked for him and actually get to work on making at least a demo or gameplay video
>>
>>384545950
i'll bite. tell me more about silent hills. i love del taco
>>
>>384545316
Even that piece of shit had gameplay footage after some time. We have seen 0 gameplay footage of this thing yet, just knew Hollywood fags.
>>
>>384545194
>wow, one fucking video game
>literally nothing to do with video games

Wow, pretty mad you got btfo huh?
>>
>>384545950
is MGS: survive even real/coming out?
>>
File: 1482603217551.gif (1MB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1482603217551.gif
1MB, 785x757px
my FACE when /v/ gets btfo when death stranding is released and the subtitle shows METAL GEAR SOLID V CHAPTER 3

you all doubted kojima and you will all pay.
>>
>>384545950
spill the beans man
>>
>>384545950
Start making Nintendo exclusives and I'll support you guys again.
>>
>>384545950
nice false flag shill
>>
>>384545950
KojiPro also oversaw or consulted on Castlevania during Mercury Steam's time didn't they?
Is Kojima also responsible for LoS 2?
>>
>>384545950
Tell us about the Hills that are Silent.
>>
>>384545950
New Mystical Ninja when?
>>
>>384545950
>We have great talent working on new games that will be announced soon.
[audible laughter]
>>
>>384545101
>vision
Key word right there
>>
>>384546324
Only the first.
>>
>>384545950
>cancelled Gradius VI
>bought out Hudson Soft and cancelled a bunch of shit including finished games
Go fuck yourself Pachinkonami.
>>
File: konami 2017 quality games.jpg (72KB, 645x324px) Image search: [Google]
konami 2017 quality games.jpg
72KB, 645x324px
>>384545950
>he shills for konami
Consider suicide.
>>
>>384545950

How's that Yakuza dick feel in your ass? You get demoted to janitor yet? How many japanese squat-shitters have you cleaned? How many panchinko balls can you fit in your mouth?
>>
File: Bullshit_but_I_believe.png (87KB, 200x194px) Image search: [Google]
Bullshit_but_I_believe.png
87KB, 200x194px
>>384545950

I was always under the assumption that MGSV was draining the resources off all the other projects similar to how Capcom poured all their resources as well as external ones into RE6.

I just knew everyone would call me a defense force drone because I would dare speak against Kojima and not vilify Konami instantly. I still don't 100% believe that you're the real deal though.
>>
>>384545950
FUCK KONAMI
>>
>>384545950
I wish this was true, but it probably isn't
>>
>>384546046
Everyone involved with the project wants to see the series in a new, fresh light. That means a new protagonist that has had a strong role in the series from the beginning, but has not had a lot of focus until now. Fans of the original MGS will be very pleased.

>>384546159
>>384546291
Alright, where should I begin? There's an awful lot to talk about.

Let's start with how Kojima handled developing the project. Kojima basically had free reign to do whatever he liked with MGSV, in the hopes of creating the next big open world sensation. He had a blank check to do whatever he liked, developer wise. If he wanted to cancel projects to move staff over to work on MGSV, he could do that. And did, quite often. The reason Konami didn't release a lot of new games around that period was due to Kojima carelessly throwing resources for a project that wasn't shaping up to be what was promised.

No, that isn't the right way to put it... he was putting resources to things that had NOTHING to with MGSV. Namely, flying out to America pretty much every two weeks to meet with celebrities to try and get them interested in working with him. This is something that a lot of people don't know about Kojima: He is OBSESSED with his games being seen as being no different than Hollywood movies. He wasted millions of dollars and his time to fly out and meet with people, trying to get them involved in game development.
>>
>>384545101
will i be ashamed of my words and deeds?
>>
>>384546294

This
>>
>>384547107
woah it sounds like every fanfiction made by """""""""""""""konami"""""""""""""""""" shills since the dawn of man
>>
>>384545194
kill yourself
>>
>>384545101
Shouldn't you be working on Metal Gear Survive? Wouldn't it be embarassing if you went another year with nothing to show for it with Kojima gone if he was supposedly the problem?
>>
>>384547107
>This is something that a lot of people don't know about Kojima: He is OBSESSED with his games being seen as being no different than Hollywood movies
Yeah, nobody knows this, Like totes.
>>
>>384546294
Switch games are in development. Small ones, but old school fans should be pleased.

>>384546324
Yes. This goes back to my point how Kojima wastes resources on being CINEMATIC.

>>384547325
We listened to initial feedback on Survive and are putting work into it to be more interesting for long time fans.
>>
>>384547107
You're not saying anything that isnt blindingly obvious to anyone who's seen Kojima's Twitter. Fuck off and stop pretending.
>>
>>384547325
Yeah, Kojima is a piece of shit, but the fact that Konami has not improved their output or announced anything significant proves that they suck ass as well
>>
>>384547468
Will you finally make a sequel to Lightning Legend?
>>
>>384547107
that's barely anything to do with silent hills

also almost anyone knowledgeable about konami or kojimbo could've come up with that
>>
>>384547676
Fake leakers should come up with more interesting material, such as accusing Kojima of indulging in acts of bestiality in the Konami corporate offices
>>
>>384547379
>>384547107
Let me elaborate on this a bit more. Kojima wants his games to be seen in the same light as big name Hollywood movies. He wants big name actors playing established characters. He wants Hollywood screenwriters helping him write scripts. he wants to be friends with big name directors and have his work be treated as one of their own.

It's this mindset that led him to approaching all these people trying to get them to be involved with MGSV in some way. Work on the game itself was not getting down, and people were losing their patience with him. MGSV was already shaping up to be not as good as it really should have been.
>>
>>384547879
They should at least learn to not type like American teenagers.
>>
>>384546274
Still wouldn't change the shitty story and the shitty delivery of that story in MGSV though, unless he comes up with some convoluted bullshit reason for the story having been shitty, something along the lines of "'twas all but a dream". No, MGSV is unfixable. The guy had half a decade and a multimillion budget and all he managed was to produce a sandbox game littered with tapes and easter eggs.
Not a single MGS fan was waiting for sandbox gaming, we already have too many of them and none do a particular good job at it, including MGSV, for the very simple fucking reason that nothing is ACTUALLY ever sandboxy other than the exploration, other than exploration every sandbox game to date has a very clearly defined "way to approach shit" gameplay. It is never really sandbox and much more a case of a lack of structure, and boy does MGSV lack structure, it has about as much structure as a wet meringue.
>>
>>384547890
You're just repeating things that have been said everywhere. I mean, nobody believes you're an actual leaker, but at least make it more entertaining.
>>
>>384547107
Prove Kojima used company resources to travel and scout locations for Silent Hills. Prove it with any evidence you can find. If he flew out on his own dime, he was doing work for a project from his own pocket. If he is to blame for an entire teams delays and faults, that is insane; there is some level of culpability for many other people at Konamis game division. If you blame everyone on the team, then you're also crazy; the burden of the games quality and budget isn't even something you can attribute to one person or every person. It's a very specific figure, and the budget they did have was set by Kojimas bosses. It is very easy for going over budget to be blamed on Kojima, but it easily couldve been that the compang knew it would go over budgey and used it for their own PR spin since they were long past planning to enter the pachinko market.
>>
>>384547890
Other than the bit about hiring Hollywood screenwriters(which at this point would probably be helpful, given Kojima's shitty ass writing), everything you've said is something that anyone who has seen his recent bullshit would be able to infer.
>>
File: Costanza.jpg (46KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
Costanza.jpg
46KB, 394x370px
>Nobody batted an eye when he made a fucking Kojima Productions Merch store years before the studio will ever release a game
>If anything, people encouraged him
You all caused this
>>
File: operator.jpg (26KB, 457x480px) Image search: [Google]
operator.jpg
26KB, 457x480px
>>384545194
Fucking idiot.
>>
TLDR

Kobimbo would rather be a peasant among kings than a king among peasants. Feels himself "too good" for the gaming industry and would rather lick heel of some big name Hollywood director.

If only Roger Ebert were still alive to tell him to fuck off with a friendly reminder of "vidya can't be art".
>>
>>384548043
This is the main reason that Konami became so upset with Kojima. He assured them that he WOULD create an open world game that fixed these sort of problems, and failed to make it happen. Or even really try, as we'll be getting into shortly.

Del Taro was actually the one who wanted to meet with Kojima. He has always been interested in making a game, and Kojima's enthusiasm in meeting film directors seemed like a perfect match. They met, and instead of talking about getting film talent to work on MGSV, as he had promised he would, they wanted to work on a new project. Silent Hills.

MGSV was an unfinished mess. The finale had not even made it past the planning stage, tons of plot elements had not been properly applied. Venom's story was not TOLD, and yet Kojima wanted to start production on a new project, while his staff was struggling to turn MGSV into a proper product.
>>
>>384544902
fucking sony cucks giving money this gook
>>
File: 1442522242118.gif (2MB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
1442522242118.gif
2MB, 448x252px
>>384547468
>Survive and are putting work into it to be more interesting for long time fans.
you mean like MGSV research? requiring 100% S++ rank guys over 4 FOBs just to unlock everything with a two week real world timer on top? if there is even an ounce of that ticking timer mobile game money grubbing shit in survive I will personally shill against it every chance I get for free
>>
>>384548572
>still sucking Kojima's cock
you belong in the trash with that rice picker
>>
>>384544902
>no actual game
B8, that ps4 guy said he already played a demo of the game.
>>
fuck kojima, that hollywood obsessed faggot is going to ruin games more than they already are. dudes off his rocker.

take your celebrities back to jewlywood and shove it, kojima
>>
File: 1474381791109.gif (61KB, 300x351px) Image search: [Google]
1474381791109.gif
61KB, 300x351px
>Kojima spent 5 years dicking around wasting budget money for MGSV
>Sony is surprised Kojima is doing the exact same thing with Death Stranding
>>
>>384548495
The amount of time spent towards advertising this new corporate mascot is really fucking weird, even for Kojima
>>
File: 1499047127734.png (690KB, 850x464px) Image search: [Google]
1499047127734.png
690KB, 850x464px
I think survive looks like it's gonna be a fun game
>>
>>384545101
Does anyone seriously get excited for Kojimeme anymore?
>>
>>384545950
This is bullshit but I'll believe it anyways because I've become disillusioned with Kojima.
>>
>>384548643
at least its free from kojima hack claws
>>
>>384548589
Other way around, Kojima is free to leave vidya and move on to movies at any time he likes, but he knows he would get laughed out of the industry and come crawling back to vidya with his tail between his legs.
>>
>>384548680
Someone should go back in time and assassinate Kojima before he has a chance to create the trend of shitty, "cinematic" movie games.
>>
Didn't Kojima say that MGSV would do something no other game has ever done before?

What the fuck was it? Or was he bullshitting? I beat V last month and just now that I remember this quote and have no clue what he's talking about.
>>
>>384548936
it would have been fine if he had died after mgs3
no real use for him after
>>
>>384548628
Friendly reminder that if Del Taro is involved in any new silent hill project any true fan of the series might want to preemptively leave this plane of existence. The man is an absolute hack, people give Bay shit for his ADHD movies, but at least Bay embraces that style fully and goes balls to the walls with it. Del Taro is discount Bay who thinks he's still being artistically significant.
>>
>>384544902
I wanted to see which Hollywood actor Kojima splurged on this time
>>
>>384549104
>Didn't Kojima say that MGSV would do something no other game has ever done before?

No video game has disappointed everyone so thoroughly.
>>
>>384548746
I also think for $20 or so I might be interested in it. No one's gonna play it though, and with the delay it seems to be a long way off.
>>
>>384545950
>Implying that MGS V didn't pay for itself and generate millions in profit.

This is what I don't get about the whole situation. MGS V made way more money than it cost, regardless of anything Kojima did.
>>
>>384548643
It's a Metal Gear game where you fight the undead. Think about that.

>>384548628
Kojima began work on Silent Hills in secret, without letting anyone outside of the developer now about what he was doing. The idea was to impress upon them on how groundbreaking this game was going to be when he was ready to show it.

So Kojima ripped resources and talent from the MGSV team, which was in a sorry state at the time... to put millions of dollars into a fucking demo.

There was NO ACTUAL WORK DONE ON SILENT HILLS. The demo was all there ever was, and Kojima somehow sunk millions into it over a process of three months. Silent Hills being developed while MGSV was in such poor shape ruined Kojima's standing in the company.
>>
>>384549168

Michael Bay's films barely have 'style' and he sure as shit doesn't go balls to the walls with it.
They are low effort cash-ins.

Del Toro is excellent at creature design and practical special effects
>>
>>384544902
Or he's got a cold.

Can't host a panel when you're dripping snot.
>>
File: qo8zzt.jpg (41KB, 510x680px) Image search: [Google]
qo8zzt.jpg
41KB, 510x680px
>thread
>>
>>384549104
He was bullshitting, as per usual with Kojimbo
>>384549105
Yeah, killing him shortly after MGS3 was released would be the best move
>>
>>384549168
>I'm a stupid person with zero understanding of cinema
>>
>>384545546
Classic /v/.
>>
>>384544902
>Sony: "Oh, so that's why Konami fired him."
>>
If Death Stranding sucks ass how badly will the industry turn on Kojima?
We might be watching a train wreck.
>>
>>384545950
please stop pretending to be other people online, it's very unhealthy.
>>
>>384544902
Ah yes, forgot that /v/ thinks a company worth 17 billion is obviously scared of a guy with 100 million budget, despite the fact that they wasted 500 million on that piece of shit Ghostbusters.
>>
>>384549374
Nonsense, he's Japanese. If he had a cold, he'd be dead and they could have just said that.
>>
>>384545194
This retard got BTFO so bad

How does it feel to be a cancer to humanity?
>>
>>384545950
>We have great talent working on new games that will be announced soon
I hope they all flop and you all end up without a job.
Konami needs to fucking die already.
>>
>>384549536
What?
>>
>>384549468
>If Death Stranding sucks ass how badly will the industry turn on Kojima?
This won't happen and you know it. MGSV was dogshit yet it had all +90 reviews and /v/ can't stop sucking it off.

Even if DS turns out to be garbage it'll still be praised.
>>
>>384549426
guaton conchetumare
>>
>>384549104
There was plans and ideas to challenge the conventional way terrorism and child soldiers are treated in war related media, but it never went beyond that.

The same thing can be said for Quiet, by the way. Kojima wanted them to come up with an explanation for why she was dressed like that so he could fuck around with Joost, but they never came up with a satisfactory explanation.

>>384549356
Ha ha. No.

What you have to understand is that we STOPPED WORK on a ton of other major projects internally, for years, to release MGSV.. Things like Rising and Lords of Shadow were outsourced.

The problem with MGSV is that it, despite it's sales numbers, could not replace what we had lost to get there. Also I again stress still weren't as great as what they were hoping for.
>>
>>384549426
I don't speak French.
>>
>>384549104
He said that Ground Zeroes would also factor into Phantom Pain in any meaningful way.
>We never visited Camp Omega again
>That 40 dollar demo ended up being better designed than the full fucking game
>>
>>384549426
So is "eando" Spanish/Portugese for "ing" or what
>>
File: 1489929922220.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1489929922220.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
>>384545950
>We have great talent
>>
>>384549664

People being pulled off other projects to work on a game is practically standard industry practice at this point.
>>
>>384548934
Yes, but he's still on some sort of quest to have his work be recognized as more than "just vidya". He doesn't seem to be interested in making fun vidya, but more in making interactive movies, which wouldn't even be so bad if his huge fucking ego wouldn't stink up the entire process. I mean who the fuck has credits in their game for every single fucking shitty mission, both opening as closing credits and they all fucking start with "director: hideo kojima" in case the mere mortal player dares for a moment to immerse himself in the game and forget what God created it. That is the sort of man he has become. Honestly konami's pachinko parlours will probably be more fun than MGSV, at the parlour will have some 60 year old granny I can nag for a COHERENT FUCKING STORY.
>>
>>384549615
Honestly I expect Kojima to end up the same way as Inafune did.

Without the actual talent backing him up, he has nothing. The fans will start to realize that in time.
>>
File: 1392990448469.png (223KB, 291x299px) Image search: [Google]
1392990448469.png
223KB, 291x299px
>>384545950
>>384545101
>>384547107
>people are unironically falling for "hi Im john nintendo" tier bullshit

Fuck, you guys are idiots
>>
>>384549664
>Kojima wanted them to come up with an explanation for why she was dressed like that so he could fuck around with Joost, but they never came up with a satisfactory explanation.
You're saying he came up with the character first and an explanation later and not the other way around?

Makes no sense why he was all like
>You'll feel bad for not liking the way she's dressed!
>>
>>384549724
yes
>>
>>384549724
si
>>
>>384549724
Yes, it's the gerund.
>>
>>384549604
I didn't believe that normies have taken over /v/ until this post. What the fuck, man.
>>
File: 1471614165092.jpg (78KB, 494x433px) Image search: [Google]
1471614165092.jpg
78KB, 494x433px
>>384548628
>This is the main reason that Konami became so upset with Kojima. He assured them that he WOULD create an open world game that fixed these sort of problems
Dude, what the fuck are you talking about, you actually want me to believe Konami gives a shit about anything but the profits MGSV made?
Yes anon, those 60 year old japs must be wiping their tears with those 1 million yen bills because they didn't get a proper open world game.
>>
>>384549615
That wont forever. If he keeps hacking it up he will be forgotten.
>>
>>384549806
I don't know. Kojima drones are more delusional and obsessive than Inafune drones have ever been. I mean you still have people defending the "Phantom Pain" thing as brilliant.
>>
>>384545019
Helped write it idior. Suda directed Lollipop Chainsaw.
>>
This man is responsible for the masterpiece that is MGS 2 (MGS3 fags can fuck off). He can do whatever the fuck he wants.
>>
>>384549969
>The man responsible for the masterpiece that is MGS 2
You mean Fukushima?
>>
>>384549990
No, Kojima. You know as in DIRECTED BY Kojima.
>>
>>384549990
You mean that nobody who helped with the codec calls, and who literally disappeared of the face of the earth afterwards?
>>
>>384545194
Retard got btfo lol
>>
>>384549587
Konami will never die so long as Pachinko is popular
>>
>>384545101
Kojima here.

This guy is an enormous, quite literally the office homo
>>
>>384549990
>Fukushima meme
The lengths people will go to explain why. "MG would be good if only X!"
No.
It's gone.
>>
>>384544902
>game proceeds to make back it's budget twicefold on launch day alone like MGSV
>Sony proceeds to count the money
>/v/eddit can't do a thing aside from autistic screeching because retards don't know what the word "investment" means
>>
File: 1487955253287.jpg (106KB, 1364x758px) Image search: [Google]
1487955253287.jpg
106KB, 1364x758px
And so goes vidya's last auteur.
>>
>>384550052
>>384550068

You're right. Inafune was the brains behind Megaman too!
>>
>>384549823
That has always been the case, yes. It's why you got weird shit like the nature of Vamp's powers changing from 2 to 4, for example.

He was just salty about people criticizing his waifu. He and Joost were totally fucking, by the way.

>>384549889
Kojima told them that the immersive open world would take the series to GTA's level of success.

>>384549990
This. Kojima was the idea guy and Fukushima ironed out the idea so that it actually worked.
>>
HEY KONAMI SHILL

NEW MYSTICAL NINJA THAT IS NOT PACHINKO FUCKING WHEN?
>>
>>384549836
That's what you get for spoonfeeding, fuccboi.
>>
File: 1473543857306.png (32KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1473543857306.png
32KB, 128x128px
>>384545194
remember kids, if you claim one thing and someone provides evidence, you do not do what this retard did
>>
>>384550194
>Kojima told them that the immersive open world would take the series to GTA's level of success.
When?
>>
>>384549948
Suda hasn't directed a game since 2007.
>>
>>384550068
I dont know who Fukushima is but if he wrote the codec calls we might as well credit the game to him, thats 70% of MGS2.
>>
>>384545145
Even if he's pathetic he's still above anyone from /v/, which just makes you extremely pathetic.
>>
>>384549356
Not really. I don't know how much it's made at this point but I remember after the first couple of weeks it was struggling to turn a profit. There's also the opportunity cost. Even if it has made money by this point, spending hundreds of millions of dollars to make 10s of millions isn't how this industry works.
>>
>>384550310
He helped write the filler.
That's why codec calls were no more after MGS3, when he left.
>>
File: 1490603910545.jpg (145KB, 899x907px) Image search: [Google]
1490603910545.jpg
145KB, 899x907px
>be konami executive
>wondering why kojima is not anywhere near close to releasing his game after giving him $80 million
>decide to head down to the studios
>kojima is motion capturing joosten in a bikini carrying a birthday cake
>>
>>384549969
>MGS3 fags can fuck off
So you mean another game he shat out? Just like the shitfest that were 4, PW and 5? I swear mgs2 cucks are beyond retarded, Kojima is a hack and your history pretending to be a game was a letdown as a game.
>>
>>384550068
>You mean that nobody who helped with the codec calls
Considering 99% of the meaningful dialogue, including the whole "memes" and future prediction that /v/ can't stop fellating, were in the codecs I'd say he's the real genius of the show.

Kojima is just the ideas guy in contrast.
>>
>>384549468
>>384549615
>>384549806
>>384549936
Death Stranding is a big budget open world TPS game featuring overpaid, piece of shit Hollywood actors, the gaming press and Kojima fanboys are guaranteed to think that it's the best thing ever, even if it ends up like Mass Effect Andromeda
>>
>>384550191
Inafume didn't even direct the first megaman. Nothing comparable
>>
>>384550369
>game comes out
>makes 180 million on launch day alone
>gets GOAT reviews
>Konami making mad cash
>Kojima is finally free
>MGSV declared the best action game of 2015
>meanwhile the redditors that form the MGS fanbase proceed to spend 2 years screeching autistically
>the only thing left for MGS is some shitty zombie survival mode that wouldn't stick out in a COD game

Everything went better than expected.
Rip in piss, MGS, nobody will miss you, you have been a huge cancer to this industry.
>>
>>384550469
Everything AI colonel was codec so yeah.
>>
>>384549356
Videogames are comparable to movies in a sense that they both take years to make. If you ever wondered why a movie you liked with unresolved plot points never got a sequel despite breaking even, it's because the thought process is that you could've been spending that time making a movie that actually makes money.

The same logic is applied to videogame companies, at least the huge ones
>>
>>384550502
He directed literally all of the good Megamans.
>>
>>384550469
Except he simply helped with them.
And even then, he's no genius, the fact that MGS2 is considered "genius writing" just proves how much of a fucking joke writing in videogames still is.

Even Kojima thinks MGS2 is no "post modern masterpiece" and that it's just a dumb game with an anime tone and big robots.
Only the autistical MGS fanbase goes full retard on le predicted le SJWs.
Very happy this franchise is dead.
>>
>>384545194

Does it hurt to be that stupid? And I don't mean you, I mean your mom cause I'm sure your dad left a long time ago. Does it hurt her to have to work 2 jobs to keep you both alive because you can't possibly be a functional enough human to live on your own? Does it even register with you that she spends 14 hours a day outside the shitty monthly rental hotel you both live in because her credit is so bad due to you destroying all the Rent-A-Center shit she had to get after you were kicked out of the place your dad stopped paying for after he went out for smokes 19 years ago but you have hopes that he'll find his way back home one day?
>>
>>384550256
In the really early days of production. I think this may be before GTAV actually came out. He was talking about GTA IV specifically, as I recall.

So more like a twenty million unit selling game and not an eighty million selling one.

>>384550469
I would never be able to get away with saying this at work, but I hate Metal Gear Solid 2. The game itself sucks.
>>
File: 1500528114362.png (727KB, 850x464px) Image search: [Google]
1500528114362.png
727KB, 850x464px
>>384548746
>>
>>384550627
>Except he simply helped with them.
He was listed at the lead writer for the codecs.

> the fact that MGS2 is considered "genius writing" just proves how much of a fucking joke writing in videogames still is.
The original Anon was saying the good parts of MGS2 were done by Kojima. I'm simply saying it was by Fukushima.
>>
File: 1496759345838.jpg (198KB, 910x1231px) Image search: [Google]
1496759345838.jpg
198KB, 910x1231px
>>384550469
>>384550754
Only some of them, here Kojima talks about Fukushima.
And he's right, literature and heavy plots have no place in videogames, and MGS2 is dumb as fuck.
>>
>>384545950
Fucking LARPers man, almost as bad as the tripfags
>>
>>384547107
Why Konami won't add a coop and injury system from Survive into MGSV? That will actually make game better and give them free points with fans.
>>
>>384550754
>The original Anon was saying the good parts of MGS2 were done by Kojima. I'm simply saying it was by Fukushima.
And none of you have any arguments because you have no fucking idea about anything, the only information you have is names on credits.
Nothing more.

The only fact is that this filthy franchise is finally dead and that videogames are finally free of the cancer that MGS has been, forcing the idea that plot matters in a videogame.
>>
>>384544902
HACK
A
C
K
>>
File: 1500469390339.jpg (197KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1500469390339.jpg
197KB, 700x700px
>>384544902
Why the fuck are there VIDEOGAMES in the COMIC con?
>>
>>384550182
I don't know man. Suda51 still calms my itch.
>>
>>384550620
He was a planner for Mega Man 4 and a sub-planner for Mega Man 3. That's the most relevant he has ever been in developing a Mega Man game. All his other roles are character designer, graphic designer, object designer, writer, illustrator, producer, etc.

Mega Man X seemed like it was supposed to be his baby, and all he did for it was character designing and writing, pure idea-guy shit. His contributions to Mega Man as a game are insignificant at best.
>>
File: 20170205_223729.jpg (93KB, 508x450px) Image search: [Google]
20170205_223729.jpg
93KB, 508x450px
>>384546208
>>384549578
>>384550090
>>384550640
Samefag detected
>>
>>384550182
Thank god, I dont want to deal with overhyped hacks anymore.
>>
>>384550754
>I'm simply saying it was by Fukushima.

I remember when a random anon spammed this three years ago, now everyone beleives it's gospel.
>>
>>384549368
Del toro doesn't create creatures. He directs, his hand in creature design boils down to "I do/do not like that". I also never said bay "had style", I said he embraces his ADHD style.

Pacific rim is the obvious contender for "like Michael bay, but...". Equally shitty story as Bay movies, equally shitty actors/acting, equally shitty music, worse pacing. If this is who Kojimalam decides to make a new silent hill with it will be shit, if only Hitchcock were still alive and were potentially interested in vidya.
>>
>>384550848
The correlation is pretty strong though.

MGS1, 2, and 3 had fukushima helping Kojima and the stories were good. 4, PW, and 5, were Kojima without Fukushima's help and the stories were awful. Ghost Babel was Fukushima without Kojima and has the best story in the series.
>>
>>384546274
Aren't you supposed to be dead caramel?
>>
>>384551021
What about Legends? He was pretty obsessed with that series.
>>
>>384551240
Producer for both.
>>
>>384551213
>MGS1, 2, and 3 had fukushima helping Kojima and the stories were good.
No, they were not, they were dumb as fuck and pretentious talking about a "message" but that message being so simple that it felt like it belonged in Little Red Riding Hood.

>Ghost Babel was Fukushima without Kojima and has the best story in the series.
No, it doesn't, it has an incredibly simple, predictable and generic plot.
People who claim Ghost Babel is well written rely entirely on the fact that very few people actually played it and don't know about it.
>>
>>384551213
>The correlation is pretty strong though.
Just give this guy the Nobel fucking Prize.
>>
>>384551019
Honestly, let's see what his Switch project brings. NMH hit the right balance of "this is Suda" and "this is palatable and something I can recommend other people play," but after that he's more comfortably commercial, even KiD and Let it Die.
>>
>>384549452
Both directors are shit, neither are innovative or influential in their field, they just churn out barely watchable shit.
You're just arguing over which of the two turds is the turdiest.
>>
>>384551213
>Ghost Babel was Fukushima without Kojima and has the best story in the series.
You are right now going to explain why you think this.
>>
>>384551313
Ghost Babel is basically MGS 1.5

I wish the series kept that same gameplay style of 1/2/GB but for some reason it wanted to become splinter cell and half-ass it
>>
>>384551545
I'm convinced you've never played a MG/MGS game.

>captcha: snails
Heh.
>>
>>384551430
Basically for the same reason >>384551313 seems to hate it. It's the only game in the series that understood that plot twists and near schizophrenic motivations weren't a substitute for real characterization, which is where Fukushima's writing excels.
>>
>>384551905
I don't hate it, I just don't think it stands out in any way whatsoever.
Like Peace Walker, is a game not worth remembering.
>>
>>384551905
>It's the only game in the series that understood that plot twists and near schizophrenic motivations weren't a substitute for real characterization
Too bad it forgot about actually introducing characterization.
>>
Like... I'd touch Kojima's dick... but I wouldn't suck it or anything haha. Just like flick it with the tip of my finger.
>>
>>384551854
I sure have. The series slowly lost its identity from 3 onward. The process was complete at Peace Walker. (3 and 4 are still excellent games though)

Ground Zeroes was the best of the nuMGS era, but TPP fucked it up with featurecreep bullshit.

The kicker is that I played Splinter Cell long before I ever touched MGS, so seeing such a unique series try to be what another game already did better a long time ago was disheartening
>>
>>384549810
Oh man, I relate to Cranky so much now.
>>
>>384551313
>hey were dumb as fuck and pretentious talking about a "message" but that message being so simple that it felt like it belonged in Little Red Riding Hood.
Did you watch a LP of MGS2 and decide the entire franchise is like that?
>>
>>384547107
Either a Gray Fox game or Liquid game, given the Gray Fox zombie connection I'm inclined to guess Gray Fox
>>
>>384552387
No, the only LP I watched was of PW, which was a waste of time.
Playing these games for the story is completely retarded, but the gameplay is just not good enough to justify it, so I just have a hard time recommending this to anyone.
If you want decent stories, read a book, don't play a fucking videogame.
>>
File: 1402556320827.jpg (109KB, 930x834px) Image search: [Google]
1402556320827.jpg
109KB, 930x834px
>>384544902
I'd be fine with Kojima if his ego wasn't so fucking huge.
He acts like he's some big movie director that everyone loves but he's no more than a guy who directs video games (which are still pretty flawed). At least his games are still pretty fun despite being flawed
>>
>>384552489
I am not saying they have amazing stories or anything but how could you possible describe 1 and 3 as "pretentious"? They are dumb action stories with over the top animu plots and they never attempt to convey any message. The entire franchise was made up on the spot based on rule of cool. 2 is the only game that you could even consider calling "pretentious" but 99% of it is made up by the fanbase.
>>
>>384550509
>mere 80 million return from a 100million investment over a ~7 year period on a single project from a billion dollar company (you are btw just looking at the development costs, not the advertising costs, nor other costs of Konami)
>Your stock is still flatlining just like it has been doing for the 5 years prior
>You Fire Kojima's ass and decide to take your company in a new direction
>Your stock triples in two years time
>Your financial situation overall is better too as you are no longer as heavily invested in the relatively volatile tech world, and oh btw we actually have shit we can sell if we ever were to bankrupt which just happens to be really attractive for investors, they like to know their investments are covered by more than the IP of some aging game franchise(s) and goodwill.

Gee, ya, but fuck Konami, total asshats, companies functioning as companies and actually making sound business choices and making their investors money, boo capitalist pigs.
>>
>>384552664
>They are dumb action stories with over the top animu plots and they never attempt to convey any message.
Then they shouldn't have spent so much time overtelling everything.
>>
>>384552664
MGS3 is unironically more pretentious than 2
>>
>>384551313
>No, they were not, they were dumb as fuck and pretentious talking about a "message" but that message being so simple that it felt like it belonged in Little Red Riding Hood.
Are you sure you've played any MG game? Only 2 comes even remotely close to being pretentious and even then it was just talking about current trends in society.

The "deepest" MGS1 got was preaching about how you should find your own reason for living and MGS3 was literally just a hamfisted spy thriller.

How were they pretentious? In fact I'd say the original 3 are the best in the franchise with a steady decline after Fukushima (but not only him) left.
>>
>>384552690
Really?
>>
>>384552690
>mere 80 million return from a 100million investment
100 million return, and on day one.

>Your stock is still flatlining just like it has been doing for the 5 years prior
Considering videogames don't form even 10% of Konami's business, I don't think videogames alone are at fault of that.

>You Fire Kojima's ass and decide to take your company in a new direction
Yeah, because the guy in charge of a division that doesn't represent even 10% of your profits is the one holding the entire company back.

Funny enough, the videogame division only improved because of MGSV.

>Your financial situation overall is better too as you are no longer as heavily invested in the relatively volatile tech world
They must be, considering their Pachinko division is dying.
>>
File: avi arad.jpg (110KB, 1327x700px) Image search: [Google]
avi arad.jpg
110KB, 1327x700px
>>384544902
The story of us getting fucked over by Jews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfxNQ7Tfuus

>Kojima wants to make films but he's not talented
>Goes into gaming and eventually makes MGS

>Hayter gets hired to voice Snake
>Becomes massive fanboy with extensive knowledge and appreciation for the series since he voiced every cutscene, every codec call, every grunt, every co-ops communications, and he even re-voiced MGS1 while slashing his pay to have more of the original cast return

>Konami wants to make an MGS movie and won't let Kojima direct it

>Hayter, screenwriter, hears about this and writes an entire script for the game.
>Plans to hire Hugh Jackman, a friend, to be Snake and to funnel his knowledge of the character into him

>Due to Hayter wanting to use a specific director, Konami picks Avi Arad, a heartless Jew, to make the movie instead
>They don't even give Hayter, massive fanboy and screenwriter, a chance

>Arad meets Kojima and toys with his naive aspirations by no doubt offering to introduce him to other directors like Del Toro
>Convinces him to fire Hayter the iconic voice
>Suggests to replace him with Kiefer Sutherland, a friend of his

>Kiefer is then instructed to feign interest and pretend actors give a fuck about video games in an attempt to get Hollywood's Jewish foot into the gaming industry
>Does a shit tier job voicing for the game

The reason we don't play as Snake is because he is a chatty bastard that has thousands of lines of dialogue and Kiefer would charge millions for that because recording would take months.

The series wasn't concluded because Kojima had to downgrade the story for that.

Del Toro also distracted Kojima with Silent Hills, taking his attention away from MGSV further resulting in our unfinished game.

Kojima is fired by Konami for fucking MGSV up, Silent Hills is cancelled.

MAGNUM OPUS.

People will defend this.
>>
>>384552690
Why do you assume videogames are a central part of Konami's business?
Seriously, do any of you know anything about videogame development, investments, or even about Konami itself, or you you simply act like your own assumptions of how all those things work are facts?
>>
>>384552863
Konami is making mad money from pachinko and their remaining dive grass IP. Pachinko is literally more profitable in Japan than casinos.

As far as business decisions goes, Konami did nothing wrong.
>>
>>384552925
I like how every one forgot about Dabid Hater after Kiefer turned out to be a really good VA.

If anything Kiefer was horribly underutilized.
>>
>>384552925
But firing Hayter is one of the few good things MGSV did.
In fact, seeing Hayter cry like a bitch in Twitter for 2 years was more fun than another MGS voiced by Hayter could have ever been.

>>384553019
>Konami is making mad money from pachinko
No, they are not, their Pachinko division has stalled, and is actually going down.
In fact, they haven't released anything significant since MGSV, and even then, their videogame division still pulls in more money than Pachinko.
The Pachinko meme is dead because of the laws they've been introducing in Japan, Pachinko was only a thing because it took advantage of a legal loophole in gambling laws.
>>
>>384553061
>Kiefer turned out to be a really good VA.
things that never happened
>>
>>384553061
Yeah Kiefer was fine. I like Hayter more but that's only because I've gotten used to his meme Snake voice.

And if anything Kiefer was actually cheaper than Hayter so Hayterfags can't use that excuse.
>>
>>384552246
>featurecreep
Alright. That's also how I'd describe it. Half of the shit in the game could've been jettisoned. Opportunity cost. On the story, quite a few of tapes were legit amazing and should've been cinematics.
>>
>>384552925
>Convinces him to fire Hayter the iconic voice
Kojima already wanted to replace him in 3 with Kurt Russell.
>>
>>384552925
>Kiefer would charge millions for that because recording would take months.
What?
Kiefer is a nobody, he's only known because of a TV show.
And how much do you think recording lines takes?
He's not making a movie, he sits in front of a microphone and spouts one line after the other.
>>
>>384552981
I assume nothing of the kind, my point was entirely the opposite. Konami doesn't give a fuck about vidya other than potential profits. If they believe investments made in vidya would yield better returns when invested elsewhere, they will invest it elsewhere.
Anyone who paints Konami as evil for doing so is ridiculously naive and I am glad I will likely never have to conduct business with you ever.
>>
>>384552925
>They don't even give Hayter, massive fanboy and screenwriter, a chance
So what if he's a fanboy?
Every single movie he has directed is pure shit.
And fanboys are the worst to put in charge of projects.
The last time fanboys worked on something like this, we got Mass Effect Andromeda.
>>
>>384553087
>No, they are not, their Pachinko division has stalled, and is actually going down.
Source? Because from what I read it was still leaps and bounds ahead of their initial investment.
>>
>>384553212
No, I paint Konami as a bunch of incompetent fucks like Kojima, both of which deserve to disappear from videogames.
>>
>>384553087
>But firing Hayter is one of the few good things MGSV did.
>In fact, seeing Hayter cry like a bitch in Twitter for 2 years was more fun than another MGS voiced by Hayter could have ever been.
This, his voice in 4 onward was beyond shit, he was good in 1 because the standards oof the industry were shit.
>>
>>384545950
>The real reason Konami is cracking down on the video game division is due to Kojima's influence ruining pretty much all of our brands.

He wasn't allowed to touch anything but Metal Gear for years.

>Everything was going way over budget,

MGSV was underbudgetted, imo. FOX engine was a long term investment for the ENTIRE companies gaming division, not just for MGSV. With an in-house engine, games could be made faster and cheaper long term. Only 2.5 of the 5 years were spent on MGSV itself. You should split the MGSV budget in half. One half for FOX, the other for the game itself.

> we couldn't do anything ourselves (Metal Gear Rising was ONLY as good as it was because of PlatinumGames, who rock by the way.

Correction: Your young retard staff couldn't do anything. The new staff was put on Rising while the veteran staff got delegated to mobile games and handheld titles. Kojima's main staff got butted down to the PSP for PO/PW while the fresh kids tried to do Rising....and then they failed. And then Kojima saved the game by hiring Platinum (and probably shaming whoever was the lead on the young team...betcha it was the bosses kid or something).

>Kojima constantly kept telling everyone that MGSV had the potential to pull GTA numbers, if they JUST gave him the resources and time.

It could have, you stupid faggots. Instead we got a promise of something that could have been greater, but obviously was cut short.

>he was using his resources and time to fly around the world, meeting famous directors and models and starting work on ANOTHER overtly ambitious project, Silent Hills. (I can talk about this in another post, if you guys are interested) long before MGSV was finished.

Also known as bringing gaming into the next frontier of digital entertainment. I guess soapland and Pachinko money is good enough for Konami now, eh?

>We have great talent working on new games

lol. You mean with the FOX engine that he gifted the company?
>>
File: 1473352366737.jpg (487KB, 1200x849px) Image search: [Google]
1473352366737.jpg
487KB, 1200x849px
>There are people who still insist on defending Konami / Kojima when it's obvious both are incompetent shitheads

Feels good sitting in the middle realizing you're all retards.
>>
>>384544902
Does anyone unironically feel this?

Just think about it.

1. Kojima kicked the old snake VA just to have Sutherland say barely anything (most likely satisfying his actor feitsh and making contacts).
2. The focus on presenting every mission as a 'movie' with credits spoiling everything in it.
3. Non stop masturbatory movie tweets featuring directors or actors
4. Zero gameplay footage of the new game, and mostly packed with actors.

Kojima has shown he is ready to give everything up to be a movie director and is only using the video game vehicle because it's available to him.
>>
>>384553213
>Every single movie he has directed is pure shit.
That werewolf faggotry he shat out was the nail in the coffin.
>>
>>384553341
>Only 2.5 of the 5 years were spent on MGSV itself. You should split the MGSV budget in half. One half for FOX, the other for the game itself.
You're full of shit, Fox engine was in development right after MGS4 was finished and MGSV was in full production in 2011.

The engine also fucking sucked, so many years and what did we get? Literal empty fields.
>>
File: 1487927087549.png (178KB, 1051x747px) Image search: [Google]
1487927087549.png
178KB, 1051x747px
>>384553247
Look at this, the one below.
Their market increased, and even then, they generate literally no profits, and the worst part is that their window for taking advantage of the pachinko fad has already ended, so it was all a huge waste of money.
>>
>>384552925
Hayter never wrote anything good and he can't act. Why do you keep bringing him up? I wish they rerecord his old lines tbqhfam
>>
>>384545194
>>384544902
I only came into this thread to laugh at this retard.
>>
>>384545019
He just wrote some dialogue for it, you retarded cockholster.
>>
>>384553454
>Kojima kicked the old snake VA
The wrong part was not firing him sooner.

>The focus on presenting every mission as a 'movie' with credits spoiling everything in it.
What does this have to do with anything?

>Zero gameplay footage of the new game
Because just a year ago they just chose an engine?
You really think you can get something worth showing in just a year from a Triple A?

>Kojima has shown he is ready to give everything up to be a movie director
When?
>>
>>384547107
>Everyone involved with the project wants to see the series in a new, fresh light. That means a new protagonist that has had a strong role in the series from the beginning, but has not had a lot of focus until now. Fans of the original MGS will be very pleased.

Konami will bring back Machinegun Kid or Shotmaker, from Metal Gear. Calling it right now.
>>
>>384553464
>The engine also fucking sucked, so many years and what did we get? Literal empty fields.

Dont make this mistake. Kojima's game design is so stupid that he didnt realize MGS's gameplay shines the most in closed envrionments, which is what the FOX engine also excels at (think OKB Zero, the Mansion, FOBs, etc).

Kojima didnt play to his strengths with MGSV. He got so jelly of Rockstar with the open world meme he tried to bet everything on his slapped together version of the same concept.
>>
>>384552925
The thought of Hayter doing something like Shining Lights is pretty damn funny. Seriously, his twitter and PW are an embarrassment. Also, Del Toro didn't help meeting Kojima. He's literally the biggest weaboo in cinema.
>>
>>384553341
>MGSV was underbudgetted
>proceeds to spend money on shitloads of trips, pointless song licenses and rewriting lyrics for the song multiple times
>>
>>384549360
>It's a Metal Gear game where you fight the undead. Think about that.

Oh great, now Metal Gear is infected with Open World Zombie Survivalâ„¢.
>>
>>384553464
>The engine also fucking sucked, so many years and what did we get? Literal empty fields.
Probably because GZ, in a smaller map, already ran a 20 FPS on PS360?
>>
>>384553607
>hink OKB Zero, the Mansion, FOBs, etc).
All which were shit.
>>
File: kong director.jpg (209KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
kong director.jpg
209KB, 1200x900px
>>384552925
>>Konami wants to make an MGS movie and won't let Kojima direct it

Funny enough, because they gave the rights to produce the film to Sony, Konami now has no control over who is hired to consult on the movie.

Which means Kojima can be hired for consultation for the feature, and give tips to the director, while Konami can do jack shit.

Pic related.
>>
Kusojima does it again!
>>
>>384553470
What does digital entertainment refer to?

>>384553568
To be fair Kojima tried to kick Hayter off as early as MGS2. It's just that no one better came along so they were forced to use him feeding his ego.
>>
>>384552925
Why makes you think I'd want an MGS movie?
Videogame movies are incapable of being good, every single one will be pure trash, why can't you fucking accept that?
>>
He was too busy touching anime tiddy on his vr

Hideo is truly /ourguy/
>>
>>384553730
Some vidya movies are good, but MGS already does everything a MGS movie could do and more. It's redundant as fuck.
>>
>>384547468
>Small ones
You guys better have at least 1 bigger project even if it's just starting, because otherwise you will lose any potential audience for big sales.
>>
>>384553684
An MGS movie would be awful and if Kojima was consultant it'd just end up even worse.

Do what Disney did and just cut him off from the brand for good.
>>
File: N2tVViT[1].jpg (97KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
N2tVViT[1].jpg
97KB, 1366x768px
Kojima literally must be stopped
He can't keep getting away with it
>>
>>384553826
No, what needs to happen is no movies and no more games.
There's nothing else worth telling, and the story, already terrible, ended back in 2008.
Seriously, there's no reason to keep MGS alive, let it die already.
>>
>>384548746
I think so too, anon.
>>
>>384553826
I personally don't want the movie to happen because I know it'll be shit no matter what.

But I am happy knowing Sony can hire Kojima (who's already working with the Director) and Konami can't do shit about it.
>>
>>384544902
People think he's a victim but do you forget the fact that he was the vice president of Konami? you can't say he wasn't also responsible for making today's Fuckonami you all despise.
>>
>>384553730
>Videogame movies are incapable of being good,
wew lad

*tips fedora*
>>
>>384552863
Yes, a look at a 10 year chart of the Konami ticker will show you that.

>>384552881
10% or not, it wasn't giving returns required, and you don't tell investors that the shitty investment is ok because it is only a little bit of shitty investment. No, you cut it, it covered its cost and then some, but by no means was it making big bucks, especially not when compared to other divisions of Konami, and more importantly other market sectors Konami was eyeing at the time. They took their company in a new direction and are now making mad money, why should we consider them evil or bad for not keeping on Kojima and his vidya as some sort of charity project. How do you explain that to investors?
>ya, we took your 100 million, and instead of putting it in pachinko or whatever other business venture we have been setting up lately that is giving mad returns, we decided to put it into vidya again, the returns won't be nearly as big, but we'll be viewed as nice people by a small section of society of which a disproportionate amount are neckbearded manchildren, also remember, it will only be a little bit of shitty investment!
No, your stock is flatlining, you don't even keep 10% of subpar investments, not even 1%. Konami is not a fucking doujin circle creating games out of their sheer love for good vidya. This isn't touhou, which btw is a much better franchise, no Kojima, no Konami and the fan base is equally insufferable.
>>
File: jswxMum.jpg (234KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
jswxMum.jpg
234KB, 800x1000px
>>384550363
>filler
Kojima is a hack and 4-5 were clear indications of this.
>>
>>384553887
The only MGS continuation I'll recognize is MGR2.

MGR alone is more MGSV than TPP ever was. And even handled things like revenge and child soldiers much better.
>>
>>384553919
>I don't want the movie because it sucks
>But I want Kojima to make it even worse

?
>>
>>384548043
uhhh ive been an mgs fan since the start and i have been waiting for kojima to get to make his open world game since mgs3. it has been something that he has wanted to do for fucking ages.
>>
>>384545101

>Deleted

I don't understand 4chan even a little anymore.
>>
>>384553976
I don't really care about MGR, so just let everything die, there's nothing worth telling.
>>
>>384545950
>The real reason Konami is cracking down on the video game division is due to Kojima's influence ruining pretty much all of our brands.

Fucking good. I hope Konami goes bankrupt and dies forever. Fuck that company to hell.
>>
>>384553964
The fact that this gets spammed constantly proves how much of a joke writing in videogames is.
Yes anon, stealing facts over studies on human interaction and isolation sure is great writing.
Want another example of great writing?
Calling your protagonist Ahab because you were reading Moby Dick while taking a shit.

MGS is a fucking disgrace.
>>
>>384553998
If it's gotta happen, I want Kojima's input.

I'm not an edgy contrarian like you who doesn't like his work.
>>
>>384554172
>edgy contrarian
Ah yes, the words reddit uses to defend indefendable trash.
>>
File: CAeLP7vUwAAC8WL.png (153KB, 590x712px) Image search: [Google]
CAeLP7vUwAAC8WL.png
153KB, 590x712px
>>384544902
Kojima is playing people like a damn fiddles.
I feel bad for Geoff. He sincerely thinks that Kojima is his friend but once you see how Kojima treats him it's obvious that he doesn't want to do anything with Geoff that is not business.
He's a hack
Reminder that his last 3 games were shit
>MGS4
>MGSPW
>MGSV
all three are irredeemable shit
>>
>>384553568
>Kojima kicked the old snake VA
>The wrong part was not firing him sooner.
Same can be said about Kojima and Konami.
>>
File: 1465446170838.png (78KB, 480x492px) Image search: [Google]
1465446170838.png
78KB, 480x492px
>>384554172
>Calling someone who thinks Kojima input will make a product worse because of a downward trend of shitty games since MGS3 edgy

No Anon, you are simply a fanboy.
>>
>>384554243
True, that way we wouldn't have to stand any of this Metal Gear retardation.
>>
>>384549724
youll see other variations because spanish has three main verb suffixes (-ar/-ir/-er) but more or less yeah.
>>
>>384554172
>edgy contrarian

What are you, 10?
>>
>>384553768
>Some vidya movies are good

Such as?
>>
>>384554143
>Calling your protagonist Ahab because you were reading Moby Dick while taking a shit.

The Ahab/Ishmael thing actually does make sense within the context of MGSV. It may sound hamfisted as fuck but it does make sense.

"Ishmael" is pretending to be second fiddle to be "Boss" who actually is the one guy following a madman's vision. It's some weird reversal that Venom buys into.

MGSV is shit as a game but its story actually has some neat things about it.
>>
>>384554304
10 and 22 years.
>>
>>384554329
Yes, exactly, it's a cheap, simple, film school-tier alegory that wouldn't be out of place in a Zack Snyder movie.
>>
>>384554143
Nah, gotta disagree here. I love Moby Dick references.
>>
>>384554384
>Zack Snyder

Now you know its not THAT bad
>>
>>384554450
Sure, instead of biblical references we get references to 80's action movies.
>>
>>384554320
RE Damnation was fun
>>
>>384554437
>I love Moby Dick references
If you actually read Moby Dick then you know Kojima never went beyond borrowing names with his references in MGSV
>>
>>384544902
It's a ruse, you idiots, you'll see.
>>
File: 2560-1600.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
2560-1600.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
>>384553440
Both are definitely horrible in their own way, Konami for not wanting to make games, and Kojima for wanting to make cinematic, open world garbage.
>>
>>384546274
What if Kojima was the ruse all along? he was never real.
>>
Who is the biggest hack of decade? Kojima or Nomura?
>>
What is Kojima's obsession with Norman Reedus? I mean, I get he's a westaboo but norman isn't even that great of an actor. Are they fucking?
>>
>>384554581
Hey man, it is what is. I liked the name. Don't read into it.
>>
>>384554694
>Zack Snyder
Kojima is considered one of the most important figures in vidya, Nomura is small time.
>>
>>384554694
Kojima acquired more with his lies and the lack of talent, and he stays clean. Todd Howard wish he lied like Kojima and got away with it every time
>>
>>384554694
Nomura easily
>>
>>384553213
>And fanboys are the worst to put in charge of projects.

Short films made by fanboys are usually way better than any licensed video game film made by a studio.
>>
>>384554694
Probably Nomura, the guy who stretched out FF15's development for a decade
>>
>>384554767
By whom? KEK
>>
>>384554694
both got cucked out of their Big Important Projects so I dont know.

The answer is Yoko Taro
>>
>>384554694
Who do you prefer, a guy who delivers trash in 4 years, or a guy who delivers it in 15?
>>
File: jonathanblow.png (260KB, 751x419px) Image search: [Google]
jonathanblow.png
260KB, 751x419px
>>384550182
>auteur
*absorbs your ego*
>>
>>384545194
lol what a fucking retard.
>>
>>384554865
Most of the gaming media can't stop sucking his dick, just look at PP's reviews.
>>
>>384552925
It pains me seeing kojimadrones still shitting on Hayter. Not even Drunkiefer's shitty "performance" will make them realize the big mistake Kojina did.
>>
>>384553730
>Videogame movies are incapable of being good, every single one will be pure trash, why can't you fucking accept that?

They can be good if they are done by people who are talented and have a passion for the franchise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOxXFflttyg
>>
>>384544902
Or maybe he's just busy working on the game.
>>
>>384554694
>Nomura
He gets barely any recognition compared to Kojima.
>>
>>384554871
Taro is a fucking magician though. He made 3 games that fucking bombed everywhere and Square still gave him the money for Automata.
>>
>>384555084
You mean posting food on Twitter
>>
>>384555117
He's popular in Japan and has many industry buddies. Automata was only made because the Platinum guys explicity requested it.

I like his ideas/stories but I dislike his approach to game design. Taro's not like Kojima who tries to make something at least functional and entertaining - gameplay to Taro is just a means to an end.
>>
>>384554694
Why are people even comparing those 2? You can mention Nomura name at games event and the reaction is WHO??? Hell I think not even 50% of /v/ know who he is.
>>
>>384555117
Taro has connections. Connections are much more important in the industry than name alone.
>>
>>384554709
>What is Kojima's obsession with Norman Reedus? I mean, I get he's a westaboo but norman isn't even that great of an actor. Are they fucking?

He probably thinks Boondock Saints was really stylish.
>>
>>384555117
Honestly, SE is awfully forgiving to their domestic properties.
>>
>>384554709
Death Stranding is Silent Hills. They're the same game.
>>
>>384555331
>taro has connections
he's got like one higher up at square rooting for him
>>
>>384555513
And obviously tons of fanboys at Platinum who went out of their way to request him for their SE project.
>>
>>384551006
Same reason RL streams are on Twitch.
>>
>>384555236
Is this post somehow implying the gameplay in automata wasn't miles ahead of MGSV, and the game as a whole blows MGSV out of the fucking water. At least Taro made it all blend together as a single product, gameplay AND story AND sound all in one, instead of giving me a "sandbox" in which I can puzzle together the story via tapes and jeep rides and sound design basically being a playlist of shitty songs at which point why bother at all, why not just tell the player to open up his music player of choice out of game at that point.
And any criticism of repetitiveness against nier, while arguably true, goes doubly so for MGSV. You know you fucked up a sandbox game and fell for the copy paste villages and outposts in several different settings pitfall when it gets repetitive after 4 hours.
>>
>>384555509
>Death Stranding is Silent Hills.

It looks like it's going to be a shooter and far less horror elements.
>>
>>384553946
Name one.
>>
>>384555259
Could have something to do with Nomura not sticking credits with his name in it fucking everywhere in his games. Could you imagine FF where at the end of every battle there would be a quick credit sequence applauding Nomura's direction and character design before it transitions back to the overworld.
>>
>>384555729
Automata is honestly your standard hack and slash with a new neat additions like bullethell, beyond that its rather unremarkable since they didnt do THAT much to improve on Nier 1s gameplay. It still flows pretty much the same way and has very similar balancing issues.

MGSV indeed was shit as a game, but Kojima also put out MGS1/2/3 and even 4, all of which are masterpieces in their own right and FAR better games that Taro has done in all this time.

I fucking love Taro's games, Drakengard 1 is my favorite of his (and I think it has some of the more interesting gameplay in it's series), but lets not fool ourselves into thinking Taro's a competent game designer, much less on Kojima's level.

Put this way, Kojima has a consistant record of Really Good Shit, and had a few bombs, while Taro has a shitload of bombs while his most "functional" game was carried by another studio, he barely had anything to do with the game design.
>>
Kojima is a star fucker and master social climber. But to get into Hollywood you have to be (((political))). It's only a matter of time before he starts virtue signaling by bashing Trump and America on Twitter. He should make the Quiet model fuck Harvey Weinstein. That should seal the deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F89zmxC2yIg
>>
>>384546274

>Promises a new ip
>"Actually it's just Biggu Bossu new mov-erh, game.Did you rike it?"

He's such a hack I wouldn't even be surprised
>>
>>384555997
He also has to become a literal pedo if he wants to get anywhere influential in Hollywood.
>>
>>384545194
Lol, what a failure.
>>
>>384555997
He already retweeted some anti trump shit a while ago though he hasn't done it since
>>
>>384555997
You do know that MGS is about shitting on America as a whole, right?
>>
"Konami is a big company and made big company decisions!"

Cool. Then I really don't want them making video games.
Video Games are not Casino/Gambling games.
Video Games are not a service industry
Video Games are not long-term shipping logistics
Video Games are not oilfield exploration and probing
Video Games are not a lot of things that make sense to a Big Company.
Sony and Microsoft have to keep their gaming brands VERY separate from the rest of their business, because it's a volatile business, and someone who invests in Microsoft because of Windows or Office, may not understand why so much money was spent to acquire a game that looks like legos. Someone who wants to grow their money by investing in Sony's digital camera sensor production, may not get why they spent all this money franchising characters from other games to put into a fighting game nobody wanted. So they all make super-sure, to keep these things VERY separate in the investor's eyes.

The video game production industry is not an industry that makes sense from a business standpoint. Trying to make games purely for profit, and nothing else, ends us up in an industry with endless sequels and re-makes (Test groups loved Modern Warfare, so that's our next game project!), formulaic and boring titles that are almost mirrors of each other (Medal of Honor and Call of Duty. Battleborn, Overwatch, Paladins, Etc. Hearthstone, Elder Scrolls: Legends. WoW and the million WoW clones that followed), and increasingly anti-consumer strategies to shorten specific development time, force labor cuts, and artificially extend game life (Day-1 DLC, season passes, online-only, micro transactions). And that's not the way the industry needs to move. Not anymore, not ever did it need to.
>>
>>384555997
To get into Hollywood you have to be not Japanese, and if you really do have to be Japanese for whatever reason you better be one with a lot of money "I can support the production of your next summer blockbuster" kinds of a lot of money. Kojima is not not Japanese, and he is also not a rich Japanese fellow. So all in all his chances of getting into Hollywood fall somewhere between "yellowu piggu" and "go homu".
>>
>>384556464
That's more of a general Japanese thing at this point. You can almost always find passive agressive digs at American foreign policy in Japanese media.
>>
>>384544902
classic kojimbo
hope we eventually get to play DS in year 2021 or something
>>
>>384555997
Kojima's rebuffed getting into movies/Hollywood multiple times. Dude is adamant about his profession.
>>
>>384556493
>Video Games are not Casino/Gambling games.
>Video Games are not a service industry
>Video Games are not long-term shipping logistics
>Video Games are not oilfield exploration and probing
>Video Games are not a lot of things that make sense to a Big Company.

Tell that to Valve.
>>
>>384550672
He said in an interview he would like it to reach gta levels of success but said it's intimidating because gta is so good. Youre a fucking moron with a goldfish memory, the interview is literally a google search of "kojima gta interview" away
>>
File: 1463187380690.jpg (58KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1463187380690.jpg
58KB, 600x450px
>>384555729
>Is this post somehow implying the gameplay in automata wasn't miles ahead of MGSV, and the game as a whole blows MGSV out of the fucking water
This is what tomatofags believes, baka desu senpai.
MGSV is a masterpiece and once the butthurt will mitigate, people will start loving it like they did with MGS2.
No one will remember Atomato in a few years.
>>
>>384555729
While I agree Automata is better than MGSV, that's really only because Platinum made the gameplay tolerable. Everything else from the pacing to the weird transitions to the balance (retarded iframes) are still big issues.

Taro's games are always lauded for their story, not their gameplay. Taro himself doesn't seem to really care about gameplay even.
>>
File: 1427198636421.jpg (26KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1427198636421.jpg
26KB, 600x450px
>>384556160
>Biggu Bossu new mov-erh, game.Did you rike it?"
I laughed like a retard
>>
>>384551019
Swery will be back.
>>
>>384556493
The idea that sometimes huge capital can go into making games and movies just for their own sake boggles the mind.
>>
>>384551019
He is working with Devolver on a new game something to do with Hotline Miami.
>>
>>384556737
MGSV is too flawed to be respected like MGS2 is, but people who care to look will recognize it had some interesting things to say.
>>
http://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/reviews/hideo-kojima-reviews-wonder-woman-w492779

>OP is right for once
Kojima's a madman, I'll tell you that for sure.
>>
>>384555943
Wait did Kojima did that? I rarely play his games so I really don't know
>>
>>384549168
You better have the excuse that you've only seen his English-language stuff and are unwilling to forgive an ESL director for their shlockiness. His Spanish-language films are excellent examples of magical realism.
>>
>>384556938
You say this like MGS2 doesn't have flaws. Every game does.
>>
File: who is caramel 4.png (183KB, 596x910px) Image search: [Google]
who is caramel 4.png
183KB, 596x910px
>>384544902
>Caramel has an excuse for this
>>
File: 1464717693300.jpg (298KB, 996x851px) Image search: [Google]
1464717693300.jpg
298KB, 996x851px
>>384557123
Nice maymays, nerd.
>>
>>384556737
How is MGSV a masterpiece?

It basically does not have a story, if you like stealth games, there are better ones. If you like sandbox games, there are better ones. If you like tacticool shooters with lots of weapons, there are better ones.

Playin MGSV feels like someone went into their shed and gave me their old toolbox, sure there is a lot things in it, and I can do a lot of stuff with all those things, but nobody gave me any instructions as to what to do with the tools, and all the tools are slightly rusty and shitty.
>>
>>384556948
>10 paragraphs of movie references and a quip on social politics
wtf. Maybe he is a madman.
>>
>>384557081
Yes, I am sure Hideo went out of his way to find Del Taro after seeing one of his Spanish films on Japanese late night TV and not after seeing big mechas punch each other, it isn't exactly a secret Kojima sucks the mecha cock.
>>
File: 1498963305088.jpg (25KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498963305088.jpg
25KB, 480x480px
>>384545194
>>
>>384550462
B-b-but it was post modern!!! that means it's good, even if it's taking a shit on the player. That's true art!
>>
>>384545019
>>384546208
>>384549578
>>384550090
>>384550243
>>384550640
>>384554921
>>384553497
Is this samefagging or are there Kojimadrones who really are THIS stupid?

>j-j-j-james gunn made lollipop chainsaw s-s-s-so it's o-o-okay

He literally just wrote SOME of the dialoge, not even all of it.
>>
>>384557560
Del Toro found Kojima. You're retarded.
>>
>>384554581
That's the only way Japs know how to do references.
>>
>>384545194
LOL
On top of your complete failure as a human being.
>Lucas Arts put out some actually good games
LEL
>>
File: 65465.png (375KB, 572x464px) Image search: [Google]
65465.png
375KB, 572x464px
>>384557714
fucking japs
>>
>>384544902
Well i hope after wasting money he can actually make a game with good gameplay would be borderline a first for this overrated hack.
>>
>>384545950
I can believe that Kojima is a money guzzling moron who shoulsnt be trusted to run a lemonade stand but I refuse to believe that Konami is doing anything even remotely positive for gaming
>>
>>384556967
Yes, play MGSV, his name is fucking everywhere, Jesus he even added himself as an in game character, and not subtlety hidden away in some corner as an easteregg either. People who played the series might one day forget all the names of the characters, but they'll still wake up thinking of Hideo as the credits of their dream roll.

In all seriousness, the amount his name is plastered in and on the game is obscene.
>>
>>384545194

Kek, mouthbreather btfo
>>
>>384557407
Do you need instructions on how to mess around?
Do you mind naming those better stealth sandbox? Or stealth games as challenging as FOBs?
And MGSV has a story, where did this meme come from?
>>
>>384550182
Yoko Taro is the only one who is doing it well atm. Suda51 still hasn't made a game with decent gameplay to match his style.

Swery WILL return
>>
>>384557675
Well that makes it even more so, it isn't like Kojima is known for anything other than vidya with over the top anime plots featuring mecha and that one spoopy game nobody outside of the world of gaming is familiar with.
>>
>>384557896
I mean, he put himself in as an insignificant side op. I did it like on my 70th hour. Unless you're talking about Huey.
>>
>>384556967
Yes. There are like thirty credit rolls in MGSV and Kojima's name is right up there at the top every single time.
>>
>>384545950
Yeah....knowing Konami, you're having a gun pointed at you to type all this. Everybody knows Konami is run by shit people, stop feeding OP's delirious narrative.
>>
>>384545950

Kojima is a hack but

http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/The-Konami-exodus?page=1

>In April this year, a Kojima Productions executive applied for the company to join ITS Kenpo, a health insurance society for companies in the gaming and internet service industry. Joining such insurance organizations is crucial to employee welfare, but the application was not even accepted. When the executive asked why, he was told by ITS Kenpo that all applications are screened by the board chairman before being reviewed by the board, and it could not show this application to the chairman.
Kimihiko Higashio, a director at Konami, is the chairman at ITS Kenpo.
The actions by ITS Kenpo suggest it was surmising Konami's wishes. But Article 22 of the Health Insurance Act stipulates that the decisions of health insurance societies be made by a majority vote by the board. If there is a tie, then the chairman decides. Showing applications to the chairman first would be deviating from standard procedure. But the issue goes beyond that: Health insurance societies by nature are supposed to act in the public's interest; decisions on applications cannot be left to a single person.

Konami is literally evil. Fuck off
>>
>>384558004
I don't need instructions to mess around, but it gets pretty boring pretty fast, and the game doesn't exactly give me Lego-tier freedom in the "mess about and do what you like department".

Thief, despite being fucking ancient, is still a better stealth game, also hitman (which coming to think of it also does a better job at the whole "figure it out, do it your way" thing)

I refuse to accept MGSV has a story, having me listen to tapes and having characters think out loud for the sake of exposition is not how you tell a story, let alone a good one.

Furthermore FOBs are horseshit and you know it, they range from piss easy to impossible depending on whether the owner decides to show up. No owner and you got yourself a standard MGSV base full of retarded AI to fulton. With owner and you are going to die within 10 seconds, or at the very least are forced to throw a typical stealthy approach out of the window and need to start running and gunning or be a sitting duck and find out that being prone at 20 feet doesn't actually make you invisible to anything not AI.
>>
>>384558448
So Death Stranding is about health insurance, huh. Makes sense.
>>
>>384556737
MGSV got btfo singlehandedly by the Slavs with less development time out of GOTY awards.
Automata is on it's way to be remembered as one of this generation's pinnacles.
>>
>>384558596

Just for those allergic to reading.

The article is about Konami literally telling other companies to not hire former employees.
>>
kojima is the tommy wiseau of video games
>>
The iNCREDIBLY vocal Kojima haters are far more annoying than any Kojima fan. The man is clearly talented and creates amazing worlds and stories. Faggots like Razorfist need to at least acknowledge the positive things he's done for the video game industry and respect his work even if he himself dislikes it.
>>
>>384558614
Bitcher 3 is already forgotten, just like Dragon Age Cisquisition.

Medieval fantasy games are always GOTY fodder but they never last the distance.
>>
>>384558758
>The article is about Konami literally telling other companies to not hire former employees.
that is happening everywhere its called blacklisting.
Just means kojimbo really pissed off somewhere up the chain.
>>
>>384559042
>amazing stories
"No!"
>>
>>384559042
Ever since the other writer left, we got MGS4 and MGSV, both criticised about story.
>>
>>384545019
>>384553520
he also directed the cutscenes.
>>
>>384559406
So are you saying that Death Stranguin will have 8 hours of cutscenes?
>>
>>384545194
May as well join the club and call this poor dumbass a retard
Retard
>>
>>384544902
>ITT Caramel fanfiction to cover for his blunder
>>
>>384558758
This happens all over the word, in all sectors and at every level of education. You could have a shitty job as toilet cleaner via some sort of job center, if you then go around smearing shit on all the doorknobs and get found out, your job center will blacklist you and never again will you clean toilets in your life again, nor in fact will that job center, or any of its affiliates, ever hire you again.

Kojima could have just left quietly, set up his own studio and not said a word about Konami, answering all question relating to his time there with a "no comment" and he would likely not have had a single problem with them. Instead he chose to be a naive knobhead about it and more or less trash talk them during several events (especially by Nippon standards was he basically badmouthing them) thinking he could so without repercussions or consequences.
>>
>>384559873
Is Kojima literally a Japanese Pepe in real life?
>>
>>384559049
>witcher 3
>forgotten
Kek'd.
The reason it is "forgotten" here on the chins is because it is a game that in relative terms is one of the most flawless games to date, so every thread just devolves into tris vs yen vs ciri waifuwars because everyone just agrees on the game being good, and everyone cordially agreeing on a game being good doesn't really make for entertaining threads.

On the flipside there is a game like MGSV, a game that was supposed to be good, had all the right things to become good and then just fucking train wrecks itself, which is far more entertaining to make threads about, especially with all the upset fans.
>>
>>384545194
Toasting in an epic bread
>>
>>384559873
Kojima's a completely different issue. Konami blacklists literally all of their former employees, refuses to give references, and forbids them from listing Konami on their resume. It's their way to retain a workforce that they treat like total garbage.

Kojima hasn't actually said a single word about Konami yet and they're still paying him to keep his mouth shut. The one time he almost slipped up and said Survive didn't look like the kind of game he'd want to make they instantly tried to sue him for it.
>>
It's pretty funny how salty everyone is. blaming mgsv on kojima is one thing, but defending konami for not finishing letting him finish the project is retarded. the game clearly is a base for a lot of things, and the only next generation game currently available.

I hate to be the one defending him because I see most of the shit he does as pretentious and vain, although fun and mostly redeemable in context. In a way he deserves to do whatever he wants, as he as proven time and time again he can deliver on a limited scope, why not give him unlimited scope? he virtually invented a genre, or at least made it sell like hell, something that wasn't there before him.

It pains me how little vitality you accountants tend to have in trying to understand the absolute magic this man is trying to synthesize. If it destroys your pachinko game empire then be it, sometimes going big is worth all the risk that might go with it. Because MGSV was going to be that and everyone was willing to wait for those expectations to be exceeded.

You guys should be ashamed.
>>
>>384560943
Gross misinformation. Konami does not blacklist you for "moving on" or leaving. They will blacklist you for "storming out" or breaching contracts.

Also, once again, not unique to Konami or Japan or even the gaming sector.
You think if you work for Apple you can just get up one day and leave to work for Microsoft? No. If you leave Apple, you won't be "blacklisted", you were already blacklisted the moment you signed a contract to work for them, you are contractually "blacklisted", i.e. if you leave you are barred from working for or with any sector competitors of Apple. Even setting up your own company within the sector is going to be such a pain in the fucking arse it is likely not worth it unless you have a Jewish uncle who is a lawyer.

Furthermore with the influence and popularity Kojima enjoys he can potentially make or break any upcoming Konami spin offs. A sarcastic comic about it "not being his thing" might turn thousands of people away from it, whereas a positive comment might temper people's hate for Konami and have them give the game a shot. Either way it was ridiculously naive of him to open his mouth about it at all.
>>
>>384549468
It won't suck ass because it'll never come out
>>
>>384553114
>Kiefer was actually cheaper than Hayter
Yeah because he only had like 10 lines
>>
>>384561578
You are suggesting a company cuts earnings, potentially (likely even) missing out on millions to produce what is basically a toy enjoyed by manchildren, and not even that many in the grand scope of things.

Also all the things you said can be said about the souls series, a game series that didn't use up 100 million to rotoscope a teen to then use the material as footage for sex fetishism and paying license fees for music of the 70s that nobody actually listened to in the 70s. There is just so much faffing about in the game. The games development was a load of faffing about, the story is a load of faffing about, and then the gameplay has the player faf about themselves, with a million different tools and a million different missions which all boil down to infiltrate quietly and fulton everything. You get a bazillion different guns, but there is never a reason to not simply stick to the starting tranquil gun, in fact the game actively punishes you for it. The only reason you have to not simply tranquil everything and fultoning them to base, is to faf about for personal entertainment, there is absolutely no in game benefit or reason to take any other approach than that in this supposedly open world "do it your way" game.
>>
Kojima needs to suck a dick or two so he can finally get that Hollywood chance he's been chasing all his life and leave video games once and for all.
>>
>>384545950
>We have great talent working on new games
who
>>
>>384545194
>literally nothing to do with video games
>gets btfo
>w-wow ONE game

nice goal posts you fucking simpleton
>>
>>384545950
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ96HyRMmkg
>>
File: 1416955394913.jpg (24KB, 470x364px) Image search: [Google]
1416955394913.jpg
24KB, 470x364px
>>384563969
Omega Manlet has some strong opinions lmao
>>
>>384545194
some dank ass porn was born from that game you stupid fuck
>>
File: double nigger.jpg (16KB, 247x223px) Image search: [Google]
double nigger.jpg
16KB, 247x223px
new good and proper castlevania fucking when?
fucking konami and fucking kojima
>>
File: azuredreams-7.jpg (33KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
azuredreams-7.jpg
33KB, 320x240px
>>384545950
WHERE'S MY FUCKING AZURE DREAMS 2, YOU MOTHERFUCKER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
Nobodies talk about Portable Ops?

A non hideo kojima games...but it has one of the best story, Gene is probably my favorite vilain in the franchise.
>>
>>384567986
PO is what PW and MGSV should've been.
>>
File: 1284454784084.jpg (21KB, 490x368px) Image search: [Google]
1284454784084.jpg
21KB, 490x368px
>>384549664
I'm only ever buying Konami again if it's on Switch.
>>
>>384567986
I dont like anything that doesnt have kojima name plasters all over it.
i sometimes dream of kojima sucking my dick.
>>
>>384545950
>fanfiction
Kojima is my uncle and he says you're full of shit
>>
>>384559520
>8 hours of cutscenes
>kojima
no shit
>>
Why was the fuck Kojima cut him and replace him with fucking Quiet?
>>
>>384558448
Kanto ITS Kenpo is the richest private healthcare organization in videogame industry in japan.
their entry requirements are very strict and high.
http://www.its-kenpo.or.jp/kanyu/kijun.html
KojiPro can't meet 3 conditions at least,
1. their avarage age is too old
2. they have no business score yet.
3. their retained loss is too much.
KojiPro doesn't need the shadow of konami to be rejected by Kanto ITS.

also, the writer who reported this news is responsible for "switch will have android OS" hoax. his name is Yuji Arata, one of Kojima's friends just like Teppei Shimiju, hachima kikou's owner.
>>
>>384545950
fuck off back to neofag you insufferable subhuman
Thread posts: 386
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.