[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You do realize it doesn't count if you beat a game if you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 14

I always see people saying they beat such and so. But pic related is always my reaction. I don't care if the game is rated 7 and under. You didn't do jack if you took a Game Over to beat it. If you lose in the arcades, you can just keep paying coins, but you get your score halved as a mark of shame.

Kids these days. Even one death is a crutch. It tells me the game owned you rather than you owned it.
>>
(:v
>>
t. man who has beaten every game he's ever played on his first try
>>
OP here. Let me clarify and say that you can beat a game that you've died in, but only if you restarted a New Game.
>>
God you're such an autist.
>>
:v
>>
this thread has potential
>>
>>384542014
free (You)
hope it helps you feel warm tonight
>>
>>384542014
I guess you never beat Dark Souls then, and likely never will.
>>
>>384542014
biggest cringeworthy autistic retard of the day so far
>>
File: 1497254071149.jpg (93KB, 313x382px) Image search: [Google]
1497254071149.jpg
93KB, 313x382px
>>384542014
>>
Most games nowadays don't have a game over state.
>>
Playing safe like a hardcore tryhard often leads to a slower, and weaker understanding of a game since you can't experiment. Its only something to do once you've mastered the game.
>>
File: chicken.jpg (83KB, 720x1014px) Image search: [Google]
chicken.jpg
83KB, 720x1014px
>>384542014
>>
File: dscn0149.jpg (3MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
dscn0149.jpg
3MB, 2816x2112px
>>384542181
>OP here. Let me clarify and say that you can beat a game that you've died in, but only if you restarted a New Game.
Look at him, he considers he beats the game when he restarts it with all the knowledge from the previous playthrough. Yeah, right, how about you actually plan ahead for the unknown, sweety. What you do is the equivalent of reloading a save, only takes longer. Get on my level. I beat games from the first attempt, or not at all.
>>
>>384542249
this is supposed to be depressing i think but it has the opposite effect on people who do just want to live their lives as quietly as possible lol.
>>
>Run into a supposed to lose fight that the game won't let you win.
>Have to use the disk as a coaster now.
>>
>>384542014
Hope you didn't spend too long on this bait OP. It's entirely unbelievable
>>
OP here again. Fuck you you fucking faggots, you don't understand true gaming or what?, if you die you die, you stop playing.
>>
File: 1498508117422.jpg (20KB, 320x427px) Image search: [Google]
1498508117422.jpg
20KB, 320x427px
>>384542715
>that image
>>
>>384542014
>HURR DURR false elitism is fun gais!
>>
>>384542014
>this from the guy who had to flee comedy to do family feud
Fuck off, steve. Let drew carey lecture me about vidya instead. At least he's in a prime timeslot.
>>
>>384542715
This is close, but you're forgetting that knowledge transfers from one game to another. Can you really say you beat Deus Ex on the "first attempt" if you've honed your shooting skills in your previous run of Doom? You get one video game. You beat it on the first try, or you don't. I mean, you can keep on playing more games after, but you'll never be a real gamer to me.
>>
File: 1496379657564.jpg (328KB, 1214x584px) Image search: [Google]
1496379657564.jpg
328KB, 1214x584px
>>
File: funny jogging bird.webm (3MB, 424x480px) Image search: [Google]
funny jogging bird.webm
3MB, 424x480px
>>
>>384542181
So, by that logic, you should restart school if you miss a day or fail at a test

You should also restart your work from scratch if somehow you make a misstep
>>
>>384542014
Really, if you have to look at the screen while you play, you didn't beat the game. The screen is a crutch, and if you were actually any good, you'd be able to play through an entire game without it your first time playing it.
>>
>>384542014
>>384543064
I'll bite. Fucking pure fag. If I can plat a game and still die I beat the fucking game. Your waifu a slut.
>>
>>384543234
It's a fucking Dinosaur
>>
>>384542014
The whole point of a continue is to make the game beatable. By your own definition you have never beaten any game that is anywhere near hard.
>>
Nigga, the reason videogames exist is because Real Life is ALREADY like that. There are no 1ups. You can't press continue if you die or fuck something up. You can save an earlier moment and than just hit load.

That said, there are games that exist where you have to beat in in 1 go. And it's called Spelunky.
>>
File: k4u8tfyjoamiinyz64c8.jpg (65KB, 800x699px) Image search: [Google]
k4u8tfyjoamiinyz64c8.jpg
65KB, 800x699px
>>384542642
In some cases yes. Not all. Depends on the game and your definition of the basics. Invariably different players will master different aspects of a game better. That 15-yr old Bayo Smash pro only plays her. He should have a disadvantage technically since he doesn't know the ins-and-outs of the other characters, but instead he's consolidated the game into a game of technique and timing.

>>384542715
You might think but the more you do something the less well you are at it because at some point you start unlearning it, because you start making mistakes and learning these mistakes.
>>
>>384543064
I've actually come to enjoy games more since doing this. Treating each game like you only have one shot at beating it actually makes them quite a bit more interesting, and I get much more invested in each game. Quitting when you die not only makes you feel bad for being a failure, but you have the sting of knowing you also lost your money. That's a pretty good motivator to not be a casual and need extra tries at beating a game.
>>
>>384543202
>11 am
>Prime
You don't understand how TV works, do you?
>>
Agreed. Fucking casuals. Gaming should just go back to using coins for continues, in order to scare casuals away.
>>
File: 1500491737349.gif (20KB, 800x802px) Image search: [Google]
1500491737349.gif
20KB, 800x802px
right when I thought /v/ was getting corny, OP appears with his autism to make me laugh. OP I want you to play bloodborne beginning to end without dying. Fight every boss in game. if you cannot beat father Gascoigne kill yourself.
>>
So you like to make everything a nuzlocke challenge?
>>
>>384543246
Well restarting from scratch if you make a mistake does make some sense. It lets you go through the process again, ensuring you do not make the same mistake again and that you have a proper understanding of the material
>>
>>384542014
with that mindset why play video games at all? Surely you're playing the game called life? Or did you get a game over via getting sucked into the entertainment meme?
>>
I'd go so far as to say taking any damage at all in a video game is a failure. Do you think you could really survive a bullet? Even if it just hit your foot or some shit, you'd be out of it for weeks. Your only real option is to take no damage in any game you play.
>>
>>384543669
>>384542306
There's a huge difference between avoidable deaths and forced deaths that are just employed as padding.
>>
>>384543384
LOL
listen little Jimmy, I beat Nioh my first time playing it. That means no deaths, no game overs.
>>
>>384543213
You are wise. I was living a lie all this time.
>>
>>384543614
Nah, kids today don't even know what coins are since no one but the blacks use cash these days. Instead, we should just implement Kojima's idea of a game that destroys itself when you die so you have to go buy another copy. It's the only way to ensure people actually beat games properly.
>>
>>384542014
NEKKID GRAMAW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqDGK_UjfFI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdcleUk-T4U
>>
File: 1487925137561.jpg (7KB, 245x326px) Image search: [Google]
1487925137561.jpg
7KB, 245x326px
>>384544051
>Kojima's idea of a game that destroys itself

holy fuck what
>>
>>384543849
>death in a souls games is 100% unavoidable
op stop being a hypocritical pussy
>>
>>384543849
Both are equally shameful in the eyes of true gamers.
>>
>>384544161
Yeah it was from an interview a few years ago, I think maybe leading up to Peace Walker. I'm actually kind of surprised Konami didn't let him do that.
>>
>die in game
>restart
>take all the shortcuts and beat the boss without dying
>>
>>384543795
I did this in Breath of the Wild. The game was too merciful with how it handled the cold on the Plateau and I couldn't figure out how I was supposed to beat it without cheating. So I finally decided my only option was to do a food-only run and with only one of each food. The Plateau gives you just enough to complete it you try to in the fastest possible fashion.
>herb
>trout
>apple
>rushroom
>cooked steak (right outside before Cryosis)

By doing this, you will get your health restored by the final monk, which is more than enough to make it to safety on the western side of the plateau if you rush to the bridge and use Cryosis to cross the gap.
>>
>>384543450
>You might think but the more you do something the less well you are at it because at some point you start unlearning it, because you start making mistakes and learning these mistakes.
That's actually a great idea for a bestseller self-help book. I bet a lot of people would bite. "The Great Folly of Knowledge".
>>
>>384544486
>Using food to heal
>Getting healed by monks
Why would you cheat like that?
>>
File: Vikings.jpg (1MB, 1038x1211px) Image search: [Google]
Vikings.jpg
1MB, 1038x1211px
>>384544549
DONUT STEEL.

Really it would never work though. It doesn't have the baittiness of these New Age hippie scams like the Law of Attraction that could be mistaken for an genuine law of karma.
>>
File: 1500166509432.jpg (342KB, 1557x874px) Image search: [Google]
1500166509432.jpg
342KB, 1557x874px
>>384544607
Ideally you'd never use food, but it's better than the alternatives: spicy recipe abuse, or quilted tunic abuse which the game actually forces you to get (old man leaves it in his house if you don't get it).

Monks are forced heals. You can't avoid them.
>>
>>384544928
Or the worst cheat in BotW, torches.
>>
>>384543669
Is this TGT? please tell me lazerbot's back.
>>
I feel you. Games i know i try to play no losses the whole way through. If i lose, i just start the game over.

Quit a lot of games because of this the points is.. EVERYONE LOSSES AT SOME POINT YOU ARE A LIAR OF YOU ACT LIKE YOU HAVENT HAD KOS
>>
WELCOME TO FAMILY FEUD EVERYBODY I'M YO MAN STEVE HARVEY
>>
>>384544768
>In 1999 Lenard Rolph and Ray Lindon, neuroscientists from Indiana University published a study that confirmed the folk wisdom of ancient Siberian sages that we covered in the previous chapter.
>To put the uncovered tablets under the scientific scrutiny, the infamous Rolh-Lindon experiment was designed. 500 mice went through a complex labyrinth for 6 month, over and over. Astonishingly, the time of completion increased over time. The experiment was consistently repeated on apes, dolphins and finally, humans.
The results shocked and outraged the scientific community. Rolh and Lindon were ostracized by their colleagues. The experiment and the siberian tablets were forgotten.
>Until now.
>>
I'm technically undefeated in every game I don't own.
>>
I sure hope people ITT aren't implying that you can claim to have beaten a game if you took damage. The point of a video game is to test your skill and wits by confronting you with a number of challenging encounters, and there is no way to interpret taking damage as something other than failing an encounter, and thus, the test.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.