[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2017 >Nothing that even remotely emulates this exists

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Theworld.jpg (26KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
Theworld.jpg
26KB, 350x263px
>2017
>Nothing that even remotely emulates this exists

What the fuck, I thought we would have this by now. What is it exactly that made this shit so fucking good? For me it was the randomly generated maps and dungeons. Everything wasn't scripted boring bullshit like actual MMOs, you could always find new surprises and shit. Not to mention voice chat with the other characters, which seemed pretty much impossible back then in the PS2 days when I had dial up, but it would be a no brainer right now (except for Nintendo).

Why can't you have gameplay like this in an MMO? This game doesn't have a skill bar or anything, it was just like an actual fun RPG with character creation and other players and shit. Why the fuck doesn't something like this exist yet? I'm not even asking for true virtual reality, I'm asking for an MMO that's actually cool as fuck and fun to play. Did this game even have shitty boring sidequests? No. It didn't force you to grind either. What year will this be real?!
>>
Guess I'll logout and check my email or something...
>>
in all seriousness though the dot hack IMOQ were all pretty boring and short. splitting a game into four parts and not improving anything to the gameplay is a total jew move
>>
>>384523920

Obviously it wasn't perfect, but that would obviously just be a normal messaging system in the game.

>>384524048

I actually only had the first one as a kid, .hack infection. I never played the others even though I wanted them quite badly. I loved playing infection. I agree, if all four played the same that is pretty jewish but I would still enjoy them nontheless. What didnt you enjoy about them?
>>
>>384523659
Wrong lad, they made .hack //fragment which was exactly a .hack mmo based on IMOQ.
It was short lived in Japan it seems.
Some guys hacked it a while back and last I checked had servers up and running.
>>
>>384523659
needs a ps4 remaster BUT combine the 4 games into one like it should be

i can only assume it was 4 games cause of space at the time
>>
>>384524339

>In japan

Wow thanks fucking assholes I'd love to play that if I wasn't busy pouring all my time into Dragon's Dogma online.

Why the fuck does only Japan get the good MMOs? I'd play the ever loving FUCK out of "The World".
>>
File: 1500060235389.jpg (221KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1500060235389.jpg
221KB, 1024x1024px
>>384523659
>tfw you get stuck in a world where you might be potentially killed by a mob yet it's better than this life full of debts and 9 hour work days
>>
>>384524198
i wasnt a fan of the combat (having to pause every 5 seconds gets real annoying), i didnt like how the dungeons were the exact same but a different color. the interactions between the characters is kind of limited. yeah, you can send emails to each other but i wish there was more to that. imo playing this game just made me want to play pso.
>>
>>384524917
I came back to the series after the remaster of G.U was announced and I totally forgot about how the waiting in the combat was.
It's funny you mentioned pso because I'm playing since some months ago and I felt the same way.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.