[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't Nintendo just go third party? I mean, they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

Why doesn't Nintendo just go third party? I mean, they're pretty much ONLY good at making games. Why not just focus on that?
>>
>>384515224
Could Nintendo move to be part of Sony?
>>
>>384515393
Nintendo cornering the handheld market and being provided games from Sony for its handheld device, and providing Sony with Nintendo exclusives for the Playstation console.

This way Sony could focus on consoles, and Nintendo could focus on handhelds. This would destroy Xbox by the way.
>>
>>384515546
Xbox fans will be like:
>THE XBOX IS DYING! THE XBOX IS DYING!
>>
>>384515546
This would be a fucking great duo now that I think about it. Too bad it'll never happen.
>>
>>384515224
Because they are making a shitton of money. Don't spend too much time on /v/ or your perception of things will get blurred.
>>
>>384518516
This .

It's staggering how delusional Playstation fans have become in the past several years. They literally do not see how Sony is shuttering all of their smaller studios and wasting millions on services that no one uses.
>>
File: sega.png (30KB, 1070x800px) Image search: [Google]
sega.png
30KB, 1070x800px
>use to pump out a new ip every other month during the dreamcast era
>goes third party
>only makes yakuza and sonic now
>>
>>384515546
>Nintendo could focus on handhelds
literally what they're doing with the Switch
>>
>>384519372
And yet, all those "new IPs" didn't sell and died off.
>>
>>384515546
Is the Xbox not already destroyed?
>>
>>384519593
nope, they were all big success
>>
>>384518516
Which I guess is why they spent so many years in the red that they fasttracked the release of a console to the point where it was just a rebrand of an existing (albeit unreleased) product just so their 2016 financial statement wasn't "we spent yet another year without profit"
>>
>>384516061
>Xbox fans
???
>>
>>384519625
Yep, huuuuge successes. Nobody even remembers them that's how good they were.
>>
File: uni.jpg (72KB, 412x635px) Image search: [Google]
uni.jpg
72KB, 412x635px
So /v/ can agree that Nintendo going third party would benefit consumers a lot more, but they won't go third party because jews gotta be jews and raking in billions of dollars is superior than making better products?
>>
File: 1488222875715.jpg (83KB, 393x325px) Image search: [Google]
1488222875715.jpg
83KB, 393x325px
>donkey kong country series will never come to xbox and playstation
>>
>>384519671
YOU cant remember them.
>>
>>384519723
And the rest of the industry and people who buy games.
>>
>>384519791
nope just you
>>
>>384519625
Which is why the dreamcast was the most successful system ever.
>>
>>384515224
>>384515393
>>384515546
fucking sonybros, every time

Anyway, Nintendo is mainly known for making high quality games but they often to so through the interactions with new technology. So in that sense, they -need- to develop consoles to keep the ideas flowing. At the very least it helps.

Also, Nintendo dominates the handheld market.
>>
>>384519850
yup, dreamcast is one of the greatest console of all time.
>>
>>384519832
Well that's funny because nobody is talking about your games, nor is anyone making or buying more of them.
>>
>>384519675
yep but fanboys will disagree.
>>
>>384519675
>So /v/ can agree that Nintendo going third party would benefit consumers a lot more, but they won't go third party because jews gotta be jews and raking in billions of dollars is superior than making better products?
Businesses aren't supposed to prioritise consumer feelings, they are supposed to maximise profit and longevity. Otherwise they'll be out-performed by more ruthless businesses.

You're naive.
>>
>>384519924
thats just your ignorant way of looking at things. people still talk about dreamcast games.
>>
>>384519675
No, because that's wrong you fucking retard.
>>
>>384515224
Because they usually don't sell their consoles at loss and all their platforms have a ton of peripherals.
>>
>>384515224
Because they make good games only because they focus on gameplay. And to focus on gameplay you don't need top tier graphics, and not only that, but your console is cheaper. Why would you need a third party for that?
>>
File: NEVER EVER.png (208KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
NEVER EVER.png
208KB, 327x316px
>It's a "Sonybros want Nintendo to go third party" episode
>>
>>384520016
Oh yes, well, I guess it's just everyone else's fault that dreamcast died, and essentially sega along with it, and not their own fault for making games that nobody wanted to play?
>>
>>384516418
>>384515546
It already happened and didn't work.

It is called Nintendo Playstation, that gave birth to the Sony's Playstation.
>>
>>384515546
>This would destroy Xbox by the way.
Doesn't seem like Microsoft needs help for that.
>>
>>384519675
Yep, right up until they die when they can no longer survive on software alone.
>>
File: hmmmhahaha.jpg (152KB, 409x393px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmhahaha.jpg
152KB, 409x393px
Oh its another "Sony fags talking about Nintendo going 3rd party" thread
>>
>>384520182
people still make dreamcast games to
>>
>>384515224
See comments above. Whilst I admit I'm not a fan of them cutting corners when it comes down to boring tech, they are also the only company that tries to actually play with and innovate the industry standards. In 10 years, both Sony and Xbox will have a portable system with HD Rumble and no-one would bat an eye.

On top of that, Nintendo uses every aspect of their system to its fullest extent. They understand that there is an audience out there who don't care about graphics as much as they care about fun, original ways to play games and what better way to explore original play than by having a different controller than anyone else out there?

Nintendo's philosophy is so much different to Sony and Microsoft, I'm often taken by surprise why fanboys on either side even consider the others direct competition.
>>
>>384520569
Because to actually accept this fact would kill /v/ and activity would plummet by 80%
>>
If they did most of their games would be top selling games every year.
>>
>>384515224
Why doesn't Sony drop out of the hardware business? Hell, just close up their entire operation? Everything but their gaming division is a steaming mess and their gaming division offers absolutely nothing to the industry that Xbox doesn't.
>>
>>384520769
It's funny, and a little sad, they use their profits from PS division to prop up every other failing enterprise of theirs.
>>
>>384515224
Because they're not retards at business like you.
>>
File: wholesomehappy.jpg (8KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
wholesomehappy.jpg
8KB, 230x219px
>>384520569
Man, i gotta thank you from the bottom of my heart for speaking the god honest truth, anon.

Could someone high quality screencap this? I always get lowres images.
>>
While we're on the topic of retarded things, how about Nintendo just buys Square, Capcom, and Sega?
>>
>>384521545
Now this is real shit.

Can't buy Square because they're popular amongst Sony players as well, also independent company

Capcom is pretty possible, a lot of classic franchises that fit well with nintendo, but meh who knows

Sega is highly unlikely. Besides Sonic, they own some good shit that gets popular on sony platforms. Otherwise meh who knows.
>>
>>384521545
>>384521821
sega already got bought out
>>
If they did it would fuck over every other third party release in the given month it was released in. The quality of their titles would kill ANY other AAA game expect some exceptions like COD (though COD is dying a bit more each year), FIFA, or the occasional Rockstar title.

Third parties would be BTFO, imagine if Breath of the Wild launched on Xbox exclusively in March. Mass Effect Andromeda would have tanked even worse then it did on its own.
>>
>>384521983
By whom?
>>
>>384522362
sammy corporation
>>
>>384522201
BOTW would tank on the Xbox on a financial aspect due to how much more they'd have to sell to break even because of muh grafix.
>>
>>384522634
Who said the graphics would be better?
>>
>>384522865
They would have to be in order to be at the "acceptable level" when using next gen tech.
>>
>>384523026
Bullshit. The only thing that would change is how well it runs. Even then plenty of "next gen" titles look worse then BOTW Mass Effect being one of them.
>>
File: k4u8tfyjoamiinyz64c8.jpg (65KB, 800x699px) Image search: [Google]
k4u8tfyjoamiinyz64c8.jpg
65KB, 800x699px
>selling out your principles and becoming an oligarchy with Sony.
>giving Sony the edge so they can screw you over if and when a future dispute between you and them comes up, leaving you up the river without a paddle.
>having to compete with mediocrity, thereby diminishing the value of your own content by association.

This is why it will never happen. Nintendo makes quality products with long-term longevity and nonfluctuating price-point. You go to Nintendo when you want a good product that you want to give as a gift. Something that will be worth looking back on. You think they'll just give up that market?
>>
>>384523026
BotW already is the best looking game of this gen except for Sm4sh.
>>
>>384523394
I'm glad you said that. I'm sorry for strawmanning, I just had to see if anyone would refute that dumbass argument
>>
File: confused.jpg (115KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
confused.jpg
115KB, 1024x904px
>>384515393
>>384515546
>>384516061
What is wrong with sonybros honestly? They are are some of the most mentally ill and insecure human beings I have ever seen online.
>>
>>384525393
You'd think their console wasn't king right now.
>>
No company that went from a first party developer to third party ended up better. It's always worse in quality and quantity.
Sony and MS increased quality and quantity in game production becoming 1st party
>>
>>384519675
>So /v/ can agree that Nintendo going third party would benefit consumers a lot more
Incorrect, more games of high quality is fare more better to the consumer than fewer lower quality games available on more platforms
>>
>>384521545
Fuck SquEnix, Crapcom and SEGA-Sammy
How about Nintendo buy fucking HUDSON SOFT
Please Konami, why the FUCK did you buy them and then leave the video game market?
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.