[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I loved this game but I had to ragequit after 5h because of how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (156KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
156KB, 1280x720px
I loved this game but I had to ragequit after 5h because of how stupid some room designs are and how unfair it is. this is coming from a guy that 100%'d Super Meat Boy. The End is Nigh is sometimes simply not fun because it adds some kind of artificial bullshit with the enemies. It's a great game, but SMB will forever be better because it's a platformer that doesn't use bullshit to make the game more difficult but rather uses great level design.

Thoughts?
>>
>>384512659
of course when I'm talking about stupid enemies and unfair shit I'm mainly talking about cartridges from the future
>>
I loved Edmund Super Meat Boy and Rebirth are my favourite games I 100% Rebirth 2 times and SMB once, afterbirth was when I saw the cracks tho it was the expansion nobody wanted, Edmund even admitted with Isaac he didn't know what the fans wanted.
I'll wait till I hear more about this game but for now doesn't look that interesting.
>>
>>384513136

If you liked Meat Boy it's worth trying. You can get a good feel for it within two hours and refund it if it's not your thing, since some people seem to hate the less momentum focused platforming. Hard to say how much of this game is Edmund and how much is Tyler.

Difficulty feels pretty good, I wasn't bothered by the things that annoyed OP the hardest cartridges are meant to be the hardest challenges, which is fine since getting through the game feel like a pretty fair challenge. I think the ledge grab mechanic can be a little fiddly. It works as intended, but you're going to occasionally accidentally grab a ledge. The levels are strung along sequentially and there's some light exploration in finding secret areas, but going back to search for secrets means you have to play through a whole area rather than choosing one level from it.

Feels less polished than Meat Boy. Just little things like how all the bonus areas had different visual themes in Meat Boy, but they all just have an Atari 2600 look here. Sometimes going backwards to the last room will drop you into a near instant death that's hard to get out of. Little stuff like that that adds up, but not to a major detriment.
>>
>>384513136
>>384514112
it is a good game, like I said I loved it but I hate how the game adds enemies rather than makes platforming harder. Imagine having to play The Kid warpzone combined with shit flying at you
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.