[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to play the Metroid Prime games. Should I buy Prime Trilogy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: prime trilogy cover.jpg (396KB, 1053x1484px) Image search: [Google]
prime trilogy cover.jpg
396KB, 1053x1484px
I want to play the Metroid Prime games. Should I buy Prime Trilogy or buy Prime 1, 2, and 3 separately?
>>
Either works

trilogy is better due to widescreen support and some texture upgrades for prime 1 (although water rippling and beam charge lighting effects are gone for some reason). Aiming is also a lot better for prime 1/2.

The biggest downside is that two bosses in metroid prime 2 were nerfed, one directly and another indirectly with the introduction of spring ball. the former is still one of the hardest bosses in nintendo history even with the nerfs though.

Both ways of playing it are great
>>
>>384508046
Neither, emulate the trilogy. Cucktendo doesn't deserve any more money and shillstop priced it at $60 for me.
>>
>>384509065
not OP but the last time I tried to emulate the prime games on dolphin the graphics would always spaz out, are they still there?
>>
>>384509065
Yours is a pitiable existence
>>
>>384509270
Haven't tried, but dolphin has gotten with and after 5.0 so there's a chance
>>
Waggle controls are unplayable
>>
The prime trilogy is convenient, but i wish i had the individual games when i played it. Can't remember why tho except that i missed that awesome prime1 main menu
>>
>>384509752
>Waggle somehow worse than the fucking c-stick

You never played trilogy did you ?
>>
>>384510104
I played for ten minutes and went back to the c-stick.
>>
>>384510104
>thinking the games use c sttick

you clearly haven't
>>
>>384509921
Hey the trilogy main menu is killer man
And you can unlock the prime menu music anyway
>>
>>384508747
You can always play 1 and 2 with widescreen codes.
>>
>>384509065
And this is why we can't have nice things.
>>
>>384510176
Oh sorry, control stick I mean. C-stick isn't used for aiming.
>>
>>384510271
>can unlock music from the three games
>no Rundas theme

what the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>384510228
>merely pretending
>>
I'm playing through this now. Finished Prime 1 (which was great until the Phazon Mines, and then was so-so) and am a few hours into Prime 2. I'm enjoying 2 but something about it feels like Zelda more than Metroid to me.
>>
>>384510462
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nMFLquJeCc
>>
>>384510672
probably the whole light/dark world like LttP as well as the keys
>>
>>384510462
Really ? I thought retro had a hard on for rundas they used his theme to advertise prime 3 and his leitmotif take up more than half of trilogy's main menu theme
>>
>>384510672
prime 2 gets better and better as you get new areas

>>384511046
well it's not in the music unlocks of prime 3
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.