/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

45% pricedrop in the ps store Worth buying? There also Doom which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 18

File: Mass_Effect_Andromeda_cover.jpg (34KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Mass_Effect_Andromeda_cover.jpg
34KB, 312x445px
45% pricedrop in the ps store
Worth buying?
There also Doom which I missed for some reason
>>
File: 1499495349896.jpg (57KB, 432x288px) Image search: [Google]
1499495349896.jpg
57KB, 432x288px
It's not worth buying even though Vetra is the best
>>
isnt even worth pirating. absoluite shitfest
>>
>>384505951
Doom is worth the bucks, but I'd prefer the PC version - just for controls though.
>>
>>384505951
I bought it on sale. Only game purchase I have completely regretted.
>>
File: goty mass effect.gif (890KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
goty mass effect.gif
890KB, 400x225px
I bought it when it was on sale for $40. I think it was worth it at that price. Even then the animations (patch 1.07) were pretty bad in certain areas and really took away from the feel of the game. The story starting off very slow doesn't do the game any favors. Overall I would say buy it on sale if you are a fan of the Mass Effect series but if not then you are definitely not missing out on anything. The main feeling I got from the game is they were forced to release it at least 6 months too early if not a year. It could of been so much more than what it is, an average at best game.
>>
Characters are ugly. Hair is ugly. New aliens are atrociously ugly. Level design is trash. Just walking through the "not citadel" is confusing. Romance options suck. Sticky cover is back.

I like the improved mobility though. Jumping and dashing is fun. Galaxy map looks cool, but is boring to navigate.

Mako is kinda back but it can't climb walls so it's basically just another car.

Side quests aren't very engaging. Like watered down inquisition quests.

I played the 10 hour trial and honestly feel satisfied.
>>
>>384505951
Fuck no, and I saying this as an huge Fan of the Franchise and also someone who 100%d fucking Mafia 3, one of the most repetitive games ever created.
Mass Effect Andromeda is all around garbage and I hate myself for paying 60 bucks for that piece of shit, but what can I say, I really really like the Franchise.
>>
File: 16603153_6035493765111.jpg (34KB, 675x675px) Image search: [Google]
16603153_6035493765111.jpg
34KB, 675x675px
>>384507253
>100%d fucking Mafia 3

good lord
>>
>>384505951
>45% pricedrop in the ps store
>Worth buying?
Do you suffer from such a dearth of any kind of games to play that you would pay any amount of money for something that is best described by "yeah, its a game alright" ?
>>
File: PEPE 3.jpg (184KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
PEPE 3.jpg
184KB, 666x666px
>DOOM goes on sale the day after I buy it.
>>
>>384508020
I replayed dark souls 2 and bloodborne to many times already, and there nothing else to play on the ps4
>>
>>384505951
>Already a 45% drop
Fucking hell.

Characters models are meh at best or kinda ugly the rest of the time. Scott Ryder though is a pretty good looking guy, like his fucking face capture mostly worked or something.

The cast has nu-Wrex and nu-Garrus, which is nice. Cora has a fat butt, though Miranda is probably better. Everyone else except Wrex and Garrus and maybe new alien man are pretty unmemorable.

Choices are irrelevent.

Mako is back and actually better since it's made to cruise fast and look fresh instead of oddly climb 80 degree slopes. Still not the godly Hammerhead.

Story is uninspiring, decently predictable.

Dialogue system is pretty good actually, kinda like DA:2 but it doesn't force you down specific response paths based on your prior ones.

Locations are bad. They overall suffer from feeling empty more then other recent rpgs though, which sucks.

Lots of areas are story locked until your progress, take that as you may.

Multiplayer is actually improved from 3, if not repetitive. It's faster and more engaging with aggressive AI.

Combat has been improved, with melee, jatpack, and non-sticky cover, it's far more fluid and mobile.

I will say it's nice to be able to customize your character in any way you want with any combo of ability. Though you can only have 3 at a time. But you can have 4 pre-set combination of 3 that you can switch on the fly, so sorta 12 at a time?

I think 40-50 hours in I can't really be bothered to continue it.
>>
You can play the demo, which has full single player and multiplayer functionality, for like 10 hours before they cut you off.

Just try before buying.
>>
>>384505951
buy doom instead

it's more fun
>>
>>384507181
>Jumping and dashing is fun
See I dont even get that point.
Sure, it is MORE fun than it was before, namely, when you couldnt do it, but compared to GOOD jumping and dashing it is still sucky to mediocre.

With some people it is like Fallout4 all over again: yeah, the shooting was better than ever before, but is was still a bad shooter.

And then there are people who say that having mediocre movement was definitely worth all that was removed or designed haphazardly.
>>
File: eatshitea.jpg (116KB, 400x505px) Image search: [Google]
eatshitea.jpg
116KB, 400x505px
>>384508490
Default Sara Ryder has to be one of the ugliest main characters ever in a video game. It's honestly repulsive when I go to the character editor in game and compare the default to the premade one I found online that I am using.
>>
>>384508342
Well, that sucks.
Especially when you arrive at ME:A as your next best purchase.
>>
>>384507507
It's okay if you listen to Podcasts while doing these repetitive side missions.
>>
>>384505951
>Worth buying?

Despite its technical issues, it's at least worth buying once retailers are desperate enough to toss it in the bargain bin.
>>
>>384508838
>Default Sara Ryder has to be one of the ugliest main characters ever in a video game
She is not ugly, she is repulsive.
the former is someone simply not looking aesthetically pleasing, the latter is someone looking disturbing like having a neural disease.

What you are experiencing is not the lack of attraction you would have with someone who is ugly, you are getting the instinctual feeling that you should stay far away from that person so that you do not contract whatever they are suffering from.
>>
>>384508342
If that is the only reason why you are thinking about buying the game then don't waste your money.
>>
>>384505951
>playing a game like doom with a controller
legit feel sorry for you
>>
>>384508972
>it is okay if you do not pay attention and do something that you are actually invested in simultaneously.
>like closing your eyes and thinking of somebody youd rather be with while screwing

Gaming got weird.
>>
File: 1489803633612.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489803633612.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Did they fixed this scene?
>>
can't even play this shitty game more than 10 min. It's not worth it.
>>
File: porco_rosso_image.jpg (42KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
porco_rosso_image.jpg
42KB, 400x300px
>>384505951
Not really worth it anywhere north of $5. Despite the updates and improvements the game is still a mess.

The writing varies from average to downright cringe-inducing. The characters are flat and boring. The story is the classic BioWare story at its worst. The gameplay is pretty fun, but frankly there are better games that offer better gameplay with more replayability. If you're playing Mass Effect it's for the character, the story, and the roleplaying, all of which is pretty bad here.

All in all, I DID have fun playing it with my wife, but only in the same way that it's fun to watch really bad movies. It's the sort of thing that makes you genuinely laugh at the possibility that someone actually thought these ideas were good. At around $5 it's worth just for this experience, but you're definitely not going to play it for long.
>>
>>384505951
>Worth buying?
You answered yourself.
>>
>>384509659
>If you're playing Mass Effect it's for the character, the story, and the roleplaying, all of
I actually thought the gunplay was good
Probably the only thing that was good though
>>
Gamestop is selling new copies for $20
>>
File: 1470361897834.jpg (61KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1470361897834.jpg
61KB, 400x400px
>I buy one of those loot boxes off green man gaming
>It's ME:Andromeda.
>>
>>384508573
You can actually only get to the end of the second planet.
>>
Worth it just for the multiplayer? People seemed to love the me3 multiplayer and it lasted pretty long from what I've head.
>>
>>384509468
Let's be honest here, Mafia 3 has the worst designed side missions of all time, hell, they don't even have a design, it's just "Kill these dudes and steal that Truck that drives not fast than 50 mph". I'm probably the only person who enjoyed the main story, but if you don't listen to other things while doing that repetitive shit you will never ever get 100% out of this game.
>>
>>384505951
Ignore the retards in this thread. Almost no one on /v/ actually played the game yet has strong negative opinions about it.

The game is legit not that bad. The story is predictable and cliche, but not awful. If narrative is what you want, play a different game.

The game play is where it is at. If you enjoy third person shooters with space magic and tech abilities, then you will like Andromeda's combat. I had a ton of fun playing a Vanguard that focused on melee with the occasional shotgun blasts.
>>
>>384511760
Can I trust you?
>>
>>384510168
Lucky. All I got was garbage.
>>
>>384511760
I played the fucking game, I payed full price on release for it, I gave up at soon I could fully explore the home planet of the Angora (the only decent designed place), the dialogue was what a 15 y.o. thinks how Guardians of the Galaxy is written, full of horrible unfunny quips, zero character depth from anyone. Ashley in ME1 alone had more Character than anyone on this fucking ship which Name I forgot.

But yeah, the combat is kinda good, but the Enemy AI is stupid as fuck and you fight the exact same "Boss" over and over again with his shitty Tech shield or whatever the fuck he uses.
>>
>>384508490
Aah, isn't the story just a reboot/bootleck from the first mass effect?
>>
File: 1490470429119.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490470429119.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>384511760
>>
>>384505951

I paid $70 for it.

Honestly, it's worth maybe picking up on sale at $4.99.

The writing is so bad that I actually feel disrespected and personally insulted when I play the game. One quest was so fucking braindead in writing and execution that it actually caused me to rage quit.

I'm 35 years old. I've never played a game with writing so bad that I actually rage quit before. There's a first time for everything.
>>
>>384512696
>>384512696
Exactly, it's a way, way, WAAAYYY worse written version from ME1.
Do you still remember how conflicted some of the characters in the first ME were? The racist, religious, but still loyal soldier Ashley, revenge seeking Garrus, how Wrex turned against you because you wanted to destroy a possibility to cure the Genophage?

Yep, remove all these great story and character elements, put a slightly better version of the shooting and cover mechanics from ME1 in it and you have ME:A, a game nobody ever wanted, I rather play ME1 again than another hour in this boring shitfest (and btw., the planets in ME:A are EXACTLY AS BORING DESIGNED as the ones in ME1, the only difference: the planets in ME1 are not very huge, the planets in ME:A are extremely huge).
>>
>>384512480
>the dialogue was what a 15 y.o. thinks how Guardians of the Galaxy is written, full of horrible unfunny quips, zero character depth from anyone.

That's a good description. It's basically a AAA game but all of the writing was outsourced to a high school creative writing class.
>>
>>384510556
The Andromeda community is pretty sparse. The game really didn't sell well and it can be tough to find a game. It's not bad, but your time might be better spent with another game.
>>
>>384513380
It's just extremely sad, I was 14 when ME started, I'm a Fan since Day 1, I even defend ME3 until today (except for the last 5 minutes, these were indeed complete bullshit), but ME:A is not only horrible for an entry in the Mass Effect Franchise, no, it's an objectively bad game in terms of game design, storytelling and AI (ONLY the shooting and cover did they right, but even then, MGS V did it also way better, sometimes Ryder doesn't even react if there is a possibility to cover or not, so they kinda fucked it up).
If you have any dignity or interest in the franchise, just do like it never existed, it killed literally the Franchise (according to EA it's "on Ice", so pretty much dead).
>>
If you can stomach the overly homosexual accents of nearly every single character in the galaxy then you might enjoy it
>>
>>384512867
That kick always annoyed me. It's obvious from their build Krogans fight like animals. They should be ramming each other on all fours and using their claws and massive teeth. It should brutal as fuck, not...whatever that is.
>>
>>384513939
This is true I'll get fed up with a team and I'll start a new search only to get put back into the same game.
>>
>>384514278
Why the fuck are there squeaky voiced gay krogans?
>>
>>384512867
why the fuck this was allowed in the release?
>>
File: 49.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
49.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
>>384511760
This. Update to 1.09. Better combat than all other ME games.
>>
>>384514491
female krogan, despite Eve having a good voice actress and not sounding like a gay man
>>
>>384514491
Havent you heard? Krogans are buttslut sissy fags nows
>>
>>384511760
The only thing this rehashed ME1 did right was combat, the rest is a fucking bore fest that is insulting to the people who love the ME franchise.

This game was in development for five fucking years, the game we got was done within 18 months because the fucktards making it had such a hard on for procedural world generation that they wasted the bulk of their time trying to get it to work. So what did we get? A ship full of not!xcharacter from the original, angarans that are the fucking protheans but not extinct, the totally not Reapers called the Kett and to top it all off they had one fuck nut run his mouth on Twitter and didn't fire him during production because now they look even worse.
>>
>>384512480
writing in ME was always retarded as shit so this is actually making me think if its worth pirating
>>
>>384514646
yooo is that an actual outfit? lookin good. might actually have to give it a play if i can make ryder dress a cute.
>>
It is a collection of soggy swollen tampons from the devs assholes
>>
>>384515357
It was not always spot on, but in comparison to this wannabee Guardians of the Galaxy rip off were the only tension in the story is if the black dude in my accidentally stick his BBC in my white asshole because I miss clicked the dialogue option while skipping... yeah, in comparison to Andromeda, the Trilogy is like Citizen Kane compared to Uwe Bolls Dungeon Siege 2.
>>
>>384516260
black dude on my ship*
I don't even know his fucking name anymore and tried it last month again, was it Jamal?
>>
>>384515361
It is. It's called Training or Athletic or something along those lines.
>>
File: Fuck.jpg (619KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck.jpg
619KB, 1920x1080px
>>384515357
Just got hit with this threat. Made me go, "Damn..."
>>
REFUND dont play this or you are a massive buttweed who sucks ass every three hours and fifty minutes or you die because you need to inhale ass every three hours and fifty minutes from being a huge buttweed
>>
>>384509516
Wonder what she was looking at.
>>
>>384508490
>MP improved from 3
>no Geth Juggernaut
Yeah no, they had their chance to pull a "muh simulations" for the sake of fun and decided to ruin it because the people who made MEA don't know what fun is.

I was going to pirate once all the DLCs were out but I think it failed so much that they're not making any?
>>
>>384518895
It's "on Ice" according to EA, so it sell like shit and the franchise is pretty much dead outside of novelization now.
>>
File: f63.jpg (41KB, 396x382px) Image search: [Google]
f63.jpg
41KB, 396x382px
>>384517493
What an awful post. If anything was motivation to play ME:A, this is. Downloading right now just to distance myself from the void of intelligence that created this post.
>>
I only played ME1 when it came out and I enjoyed it back then, but when 2 came out, consensus was already that bioware had gone to shit and it kept getting worse with 3 and Dragon Age sequels. Were 2 and 3 really that bad and are they worth revisting?
>>
>>384505951
>Buying M*ss Effe*t
>Giving Bioshills $
>Giving EA $ to kill more franchies and developers
>>
>>384519937
2 was garbage without redeeming qualities
3 had fun gameplay and tried to return some themes from first game, like Shepard having ptsd but was meh
>>
>>384520136
>SAVE MUH FRANCHIES
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Ilos.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ilos.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
>>384519937
I genuinely liked the whole trilogy, despite the issues with the last stretch of ME3.

There are obvious issues, but I think it does things with overarching character arcs and relationships that I've never seen attempted in a game trilogy. And I give it credit for that.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>384505951
I'd NOT buy that for a dollar

it's absolute shit

the result of EA being more worried about PR than the quality of their products, AS ALWAYS

this game should be erased from existence and everyone involved in it's development should be shot on sight
>>
Theres a 10 hour trial on Xbox. I'm a couple of hours in and its just boring as shit.

The characters are unimaginative and the story dull. The dialogue is poor and cringeworthy. The only character I've liked so far is your dad who is an actual badass but dies right at the beginning of the game.

It's sad to see how far the franchise has fallen. ME1 had so much fucking potential. The atmosphere was fucking god tier. Great art style, great music, interesting characters, enemies and lore.

ME2 toned down the RPG elements and focussed more on being a third person shooter. Combat was a lot better and the suicide mission was engaging but it just wasn't what I wanted from a sequel and the story as a whole in the second game was pretty much just filler especially after the end of the first game. I wanted more exploration, more discovery, more expansive customization.

I don't really need to mention ME3. Andromeda feels like they tried really fucking hard to try and recapture some nostalgia from the first game but it has fell flat so far. At this point I don't think I'd buy it when the trial is finished. Maybe when it drops to like $10 used.

I have zero faith in Bioware. They haven't delivered a well rounded game since ME2, even though it wasn't my favourite. They seem far too occupied trying to be as diversive and push their political agendas that it has had a massive effect on their character designs.
>>
>>384520297
Mass Effect 1 was legit a great game, good story, wonky gameplay, but entertaining.
Most of your choices mattered.

They had so much space and potential to build from that story and environment, but (((EA))) had to anally rape it and make Turd Effect 2,3 and Gaynomeda
>>
>>384519521
Please stop believing gaming tabloids. None of that shit was ever corroborated.
>>
>>384505951
>45% price drop
>4 months after release

that's sony literally screaming out of their lungs THIS GAME IS SO BAD WE'RE MONTHS FROM LITERALLY GIVING IT AWAY FOR FREE, BUT YOU CAN BUY IT RIGHT NOW IF YOU WANT!
>>
>>384520717
Please. As if this isn't EA's MO. The Mass Effect franchise is gone. Bioware itself is only not completely gone too because EA is necromancing its corpse to get these fuckers to buy more "name-brand" 70$ priced pieces of garbage
>>
>>384520546
>should be shot on sight
Fuck off, brainlet.
>>
>>384521151
t. Manveer Currythunder
>>
>>384520892
There also tekken price drop and it was great...
>>
>>384519937
2 was good, made some gameplay improvements over 1 but suffered from poor plot writing and story isolation. Characters were pretty great.

2 was bad is probably the largest /v/ contrarian opinion around.
>>
File: DE_e3YZV0AAGmvA.jpg (219KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
DE_e3YZV0AAGmvA.jpg
219KB, 1200x900px
>>
>>384521239
I'd rather be Manveer than a manchild who thoughtlessly advocates violence over MUH TOYS
>>
>>384521739
>they didn't even bother to pull them out of the cardboards
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA
>>
File: cami-mustard.jpg (109KB, 600x903px) Image search: [Google]
cami-mustard.jpg
109KB, 600x903px
>>384520703

Are you me?
>>
>>384521116
Like I said, they will probably release books and Comics (I like the first 3 books, they are solid and easy to read sci fi adventures), but in terms of games? Forget it, Andromeda sold probably even less than some Story DLCs from the trilogy.
>>
>>384521747
t. smelly, racist POOjeet
Go back to India and complain there about the white women rejecting you ;-)
>>
>>384511760
>This RPG character/narrative driven game has shitty characters and story but at least it has good combat. Not as good as an actual third person shooter, but better than ME 1 which is entirelly missing the point.

That didn't sound stupid to you when you typed it out?
>>
>>384521747
>calls others manchild
>is on /v/
?
>>
File: 045.jpg (31KB, 640x350px) Image search: [Google]
045.jpg
31KB, 640x350px
>>384511760
>I had a ton of fun playing a Vanguard
Andromeda doesn't classes you stupid shill.
>>
>>384523138
Well, not quite true, technically you have all classes available at once, but you can still specify if you want to go more to the Biotic type, or the Tec or pure Soldier type.
So, basically a half assed gameplay decision.
>>
>>384505951
Why would you buy part one of a trilogy when the trilogy is cancelled?
>>
>>384523138
>I didn't play the game but I really, really like (you)s
>>
>>384521747
Hey guys get a load of the asshole who doesn't know what hyperbole is. I hope you get fucking syphilis
>>
>having any interest in buying Andromeda
>having any interest in even playing Andromeda

Stop that, you should know better by now.
>>

When? I'm looking at it now and it's still $60
>>
>>384505951
fuck no
>>
We've had this thread a dozen times. It's not worth playing. It's not fun, the bugs aren't funny.

It's a miserable experience. Don't even pirate it, it's absolutely terrible.
>>
>>384523661
>assuming gender

How is it you're still single?
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.