[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody regretting pre-ordering this yet? How did they make it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: Destiny-2-Official-Reveal-Art.jpg (518KB, 1900x1068px) Image search: [Google]
Destiny-2-Official-Reveal-Art.jpg
518KB, 1900x1068px
Anybody regretting pre-ordering this yet?
How did they make it worse than the original?
Maybe by balancing PvP without thinking about how it will ruin PvE
>>
I learned my lesson the first time
>>
File: WHERE DA VIDYA GAMES THO.gif (508KB, 162x152px) Image search: [Google]
WHERE DA VIDYA GAMES THO.gif
508KB, 162x152px
>>384504332
No because I didn't pre-order it (yet).
But also no because it improved on nearly everything I wanted from the last game, I'm VERY happy with it both PvP an PvE wise.

The only thing I want is a buff to melee-based builds, they should expand the AoE of the buff granted to the team upon killing an enemy with charged melee, it's too small right now to use efficiently on harder content.
>>
>>384505671
You wanted two primaries, no heavy ammo, and very long cooldowns on abilities for PvE?
>>
>>384507105
Ye
>>
File: Yakuza thumbs.gif (764KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza thumbs.gif
764KB, 500x281px
>>384507105
>You wanted two primaries
Yeah, the thing I used 90% of the time in PvE? I now have 2 of them for different ranges and some variety.

>no heavy ammo
Not sure what you mean by this.

>and very long cooldowns on abilities for PvE?
Supers in general are much better now (take striker as an example) and everyone gets a new ability, so the cooldowns have to be extended to compensate. Yes I can throw grenades and melee 33% faster in Destiny1, but I didn't have a wall of protection on demand as a Titan or an instant pool that regenerates everyone's life as a Warlock.

You can't lbitch about a nerfed mechanic while ignoring the new ones, doesn't work like that m8
>>
>>384507953
Did you never fight a boss?
You used snipers for most of your damage, those are "power weapons" which get basically no ammo

Now you're left with the same low damage weapon to kill all the bosses

And the new abilities have cooldowns too, so every other ability didn't need to be massively extended
>>
>>384508712
>Now you're left with the same low damage weapon to kill all the bosses
Oh, so you're retarded enough to think that Bungie is completely unaware of that and won't balance encounters around it? Aight

>Did you never fight a boss?
>You used snipers for most of your damage
Exactly, they pretty much functioned as Heavy weapons anyway, you'd try your best to conserve all ammo and then waste it on Boss DPS phases. In practical terms you'd still be using your primary weapon 95% of the time, and then Secondary+Heavy for boss damage . This time around the thing you use the most (primary weapons) got doubled, you have more choice with the weapon types you use the most, and the boss/yellow bar monster weapons are all in the heavy slot.

Either way I'm sure we can still buy ammo to replenish our supply, and that bungie will drop more heavy ammo than D1 when they feel like it's necessary.

>And the new abilities have cooldowns too, so every other ability didn't need to be massively extended
Yes they do. If I could do 2 things within 30 seconds (on average) in D1 (melee + grenade), in D2 I shouldn't be able to do 3 things within 30 seconds (melee + grenade + special). The old mechanics need longer cooldowns because there's a 3rd ability now, in the end you'll still be using the same ammount of abilities within a 30second time span, but each one has longer cooldowns.
>>
>Still matching premade fireteams against full teams of randoms
I don't know what I was expecting
>>
>>384509647
>believing bungie will nerf their own bosses
What did he mean by this?
>>
What exactly is Destiny? Borderlands but worth a sci fi aesthetic?
>>
>>384509647
>Implying Bungie doesn't want raids to take longer
>>
>>384509968
Kinda, but with more grinding and less story/characters.
>>
>>384509968
Yes but with PvP where people complaining dictate the balance of the entire game
>>
>>384504332
Hahaha I pre-order it but im just gonna cancel it CUZ IT WAS A DISSAPOINTMENT AAAAAA
>>
File: exotic ultra mode.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
exotic ultra mode.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>384509968
A shooter MMO.
Not quite 100% lobby-based like PSO or GW1, but also not quite 100% open world full of people like WoW or FF14. It's a mix of both
It has Dungeons, Raids, casual and competitive PvP modes, more open World areas to explore and do side-content in, and a HUB (City) to get dailies, manage inventory, etc.
And just like MMO's you also get butthurt autists like >>384510452 so yes, it's the full experience.
>>
I haven't pre-ordered yet, but I am happy with the new PvP. I'm not very good with fast paced, twitch multiplayer games, and I have been absolutely detroying brainlets.
PvE feels slower than normal, but I feel that the difficulty has increased, which I like.
When it comes to cool down timing, I really don't know if I prefer less or more abilities.
>>
>devs keep trying to balance pvp and pve with the same abilities

How has no developer picked up on the fact this never works ever? Every game that survives for a while will eventually start balancing them separately, because its the only way it ever works at all.
>>
>>384510636
>Butthurt autist

Hey, remember when Autorifles were unusable for a whole year because of the Suros Regime?
I do
>>
>>384510636
Not an MMO
>>
>>384510820
And that's yet another vast improvement D2 will have.
There are no longer random perk rolls. Every weapon is 100% the same. So they don't need to nerf entire weapon classes when there were only a couple of troublemakers within that class like they did before. They can simply rebalance each individual weapon.

>>384510894
A lot of things that are called MMO aren't true to their name. Destiny is clearly a MMO on every possible aspect except for "there aren't 100+ people on my screen at once"
>>
Check out our discord at https://discord.gg/avEPDz if you want to talk Destiny 2
>>
>>384511361
Kill yourself
>>
>>384511251
Set weapons might be a good thing if they don't keep to the three types per weapon class

And they have enough weapons to keep people busy
>>
>biggest thing that sets it apart from normal shooters is abilities
>give the abilities ridiculous cooldowns compared to D1
They fucked up the game trying to balance for 4v4 PVP
>>
Let's talk about the fact that the Beta is fucking broke on PS4 Pro with multiple users (including myself) reporting crashing and freezing. I haven't even been able to finish the story mission and everything is locked behind that.
>>
>>384504332
I'd love to play the fucking beta, but I don't have money to drop on the game. FUCK.
>>
>>384512108
Just wait nigga like damn
>>
why not develop a whole new set of classes? or 1 new class? are there even any new races?

this feels like an expansion pack
>>
>>384510812
This. Especially when you have easy to tweak values like cooldowns and ammo. They already do this in the Crucible with mayhem clash and other gane modes. Why they feel they need to balance the whole game around PvP baffles me.
>>
>>384512764
Probably because it cuts down staff and therefore saves money

They also balance based off what the community says
>>
>>384512413
>new classes
How many variations of "Punch" and "Grenade" can you make?
>>
>>384512413
>races
It doesn't matter since there are no race abilities and they have to fit a specific size into it.

Same classes, new subclasses which is basically the same thing. Its not like adding a new class is going to change much, going to get a grenade ability, melee ability and a super that OHKs shit and doesn't have huge impact when its not up. Like a class that uses a pet will never happen. They reworked an element of each class, which are the "new" subclasses which also just rehash all the grenade AND melee abilities from the first game.
They could not think up 3 new grenade types for these new subclasses.

>>384513059
This is where they fucked up. They limited design from the onset for PVP balance, even in D1, that everything needs grenade and melee abilities. Now we have unique stuff, Titans get the shield thing, Warlocks have healing AOE or damage buff AOE fields, and Hunters have a shitty dodge.
>>
>>384512413
I get what you are saying, but they reworked and remade already existing classes. I wouldn't mind a new one though. But I really don't have the imagination to see how they wouldn't just make them remixes of the current ones with another color.
>>
>>384512108
It goes open tomorrow, just wait.
>>
>>384513346
Its scary that they might not even launch with 3 subclasses per class for D2. They are hush hush so much that its very likely we only get 2 and have to buy the third one with the big expansion in a year. They did rework them, and added alot of new skills. I like the Void Warlocks stuff about taking energy and using it for other stuff like buffing nades or faster cooldowns. Its insane they still are stuck on grenade/melee abilities, and they just copied the old ones for the """"NEW"""" subclass
>>
>>384512413
They actually reduced class customization by creating sub-subclasses with specific perks
>>
>>384513910
That's not true. It's more customizable from wherever you want to look at it.

There's legit things to complain about, stuff like this makes people ignore all criticism because they start to think people are hating on it just because.
>>
>>384514048
It's not more customizable, it's more focused
They want to give each class two playstyles
>>
>>384513910
This format could allow for new skill branches to be added to the tree in future updates though. Probably won't ever happen but it would be easier.
>>
>>384515094
Sure, but it still wouldn't really be customization
It'd be like picking a job in other RPG's
>>
>>384514048
Its not more customizeable if you can't mix and match, but its more playstyle vs playstyle. 2 or 3 in each 4 cluster work off each other so there would be no point in not having the whole 4. You would just attempt to be a special snowflake "look I am playing an unoptimized build that is worse than the preset options!".
>>
It looks really boring.

PVP looks generic CoD shit. PVE looks like it might be okay, assuming there's enough content to keep it interesting.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.