[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just a reminder that CRPG players view Morrowind the same way

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: morrowind_031502_003[1].jpg (73KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
morrowind_031502_003[1].jpg
73KB, 800x600px
just a reminder that CRPG players view Morrowind the same way Morrowind fans view Skyrim

it was never good, kiddos
>>
>>384503579
The other day while writing a review for F4 I came to the epiphany that ALL Bethesda rpgs are awful.
>>
File: tumblr_noatfhirxB1urk9dto1_500.jpg (18KB, 480x385px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_noatfhirxB1urk9dto1_500.jpg
18KB, 480x385px
>>384503704
>>384503579
This is now a NV thread.
>>
So CRPG players took a look at an RPG that isn't a CRPG and went "it's not very good"?
Colour me surprised.
>>
>>384503579
That's nothing. Everyone on Bethesda forums used to consider Morrowind fans dirty casuals shitting up the place back in the days. Shame Bethesda purged the archives, it was very entertaining.
>>
>>384503851
no, they looked at an action adventure game and scoffed at it being called an RPG
>>
>>384504407
Battlespire had the best fucking character creation ever. If only that beauty wasn't wasted on Battlespire.
>>
>>384503795
>its another Legionfag derails a thread episode
>>
>>384503579
CRPGs aren't RPGs either, so whats your point? Compare a an actual tabletop RPG and CRPG and you'd realize how shallow things like Baldurs Gate and the Gold Box games are.
>>
>my electric toys are better than yours
>>
>>384503579
It's true. After starting with Arena and Daggerfall, Morrowind had jack shit for character creation options, linear, claustrophobicly small dungeons, and terrible combat.

The only thing it had going for it was better writing and a more interesting world.
>>
>>384506081
You just summed up this whole board, begs the question of why you're here. Just to act haughty?
>>
>>384505402
You're right. I always thought it was pretty fucking retarded to want to use the D&d system for a game that is fundimentally not D&D.

And dpn't get me started on D&D "official" campaigns like forgotten realms horseshit. Like fuck, that wasn't the point. The point was to fuck around and create worlds wiht your buddies, not preplaned bullshit.
>>
>>384506630
So why use D&D at all instead of going full homebrew?
>>
>>384507174
The system is there so I don't have to fuck around with the boring mechanics. You can use a homebrew if you want, no one cares as long as it functions. My point was just why bring the most uninteresting aspect of d&d to a video game? Just to flip our dicks out and pretend you're above other nerds?
>>
File: 20170716021331_1.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170716021331_1.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Joke's on you I prefer Oblivion
>>
Just a reminder to never trust Dark Elves, dem gray skin backstabbers.
>>
>>384507467
You just answered your own question. They do it because it gives them a system. It gives a fully functioning system they can build on, it gives them settings, it gives them event storylines and characters, or entire campaigns if they wish. And because it comes with an existing market that will be interested in these games, same way they buy the shitty novels and fuck if I know what else.

How can you wonder at this as if it were some great mystery?
>>
In terms of setting, lore, atmosphere, story, and RPG mechanics, Morrowind remains the best.

Oblivion and Skyrim do have better gameplay though, not gonna lie, gotta give them that. A bit casualized I'll admit but I mean, yeah
>>
>>384503579
cRPGs should never have lived past the 90s
>>
>>384508112
Wrong. They are not Forgotten Realms horseshit is for plebs that can't come up with their own shit. It's literally so geeks can claim to other geeks "Hey I fux with the d&d system, I'm geekier than you"

Evidence? All of the d&d action games selling way harder than their rpg counterparts did.

If you play crpgs and don't fuck iwth p&p you're just a huge faggot that probably only post online to protect themselves.
>>
>>384508112
>>384509201
Oh, and it's definetely not a mystery. lol. Nerds are just fags that can't be out nerded, and when they are out nerded, they try and find a way to flip it around or boost their ego. I.E "I'm playing a nerdier game than you, it uses the ad&d system"
>>
>>384509201
>>384509408
What the fuck am I reading. Are you drunk?
>>
>>384510432
make it easy for you. If you play crpgs and brag, you are a fucking pleb.
>>
File: 1423217746370.jpg (112KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
1423217746370.jpg
112KB, 572x303px
>>384503579
>TFW Morrowind is one of my favorite RPGs but is too nostalgic for me to effectively argue whether it is objectively good or not
It could be good, it could be bad. Who knows.
>>
I just like RPGs with plenty of choices and that let me build my character any way I want to, especially their personality and what they say/how they act.

So far, CRPGs seem to be the best for that
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.