[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nintendo, the Switch is good, I like your games, but the new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 15

File: ap_resize.png (290KB, 728x432px) Image search: [Google]
ap_resize.png
290KB, 728x432px
Nintendo, the Switch is good, I like your games, but the new voice chat system is pure ass. Period.
>I'm implying Nintendo can see this post on 4chan
>>
>>384496109
It's so that if some kid gets diddled as a result of the voice chat on nintendo's systems, it's the parent's fault for giving them a smartphone and not nintendo's fault for having voice chat.
>>
>>384496109
They obviously did this on purpose so they can say 'HEY LOOK WE FIXED IT WITH THE """NEW""" NINTENDO SWITCH MODEL SEE WE LISTEN TO OUR FANS'
>>
>tfw 30 year old neet that has never owned a mobile phone because never needed it because never had a job or friends

guess I'll just wait for a nintendo switch emulator and spend that $300 upgrading my CPU instead.
>>
File: 1482204540357.gif (393KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
1482204540357.gif
393KB, 342x342px
>>384496109
>implying there isn't an anon compiling all complaints for free and sending them to Nintendo as we type
>implying he's not entering every thread to defend Nintendo's practices even though it pains him to do so
>>
>>384497043
>They obviously did this on purpose so they can say 'HEY LOOK WE FIXED IT WITH THE """NEW""" NINTENDO SWITCH MODEL SEE WE LISTEN TO OUR FANS'
I wish you were first post so I can say fpbp, but still this is the most truthful thing I have heard out of /v/ today
>>
File: cute.jpg (65KB, 600x847px) Image search: [Google]
cute.jpg
65KB, 600x847px
Can I still play with friends without the app?
>>
>>384496967
Literally this. After that swapnote fiasco, I don't blame them for going this route.
>>
>>384498010
Yeah, fortunately. For games like MK8D, you can just play with them. From what it seems with Splatoon 2, you can just create a room for your friends to join and then just use the phone to voice chat.
>>
>>384497561
Then you're literally retarded, because the first post ITT is the correct one. Keep up the Anti-Nintendo bias though, console war autismo.
>>
I'm more mad that to play with your friends in Splatoon 2 you need a 4 man that then gets matched with other 4 mans, or at least that's my understanding
>>
>>384498676
>Keep the Anti-Nintendo bias though, Anti-Nintendo bias though, console war autismo
>literally my original post had said "I like the Switch, the games are nice"
>>
>>384498851
You can only play as 1 or 4? That's fucked.
>>
>>384499048
Because I'm supposed to know you're OP on an anonymous image board instead of some random faggot replying to a post?
>>
>>384498580
>swapnote fiasco
oh no, what happened?
>>
>>384499220
Welp, welcome to 4chan.
>(is it wrong to joke about a company I like)
>>
>>384496109
Nintendo internally refuses to recognize that anyone has ever developed any of these things. To Nintendo internally, this is the first time anyone has ever had voice support for a console. If you bring up Microsoft or Sony or PCs, they stare at you like you're retarded. Because they have no concept of it. They only know what Nintendo tells them. And Nintendo doesn't tell them shit.

These are the developers.
>>
>>384499346
From what I remember a bunch of pedophiles used it to send drawings of dicks to little girls.
>>
>>384496967

Fucking bullshit you mongoloid idiot. I bet my ass they're just too jewish to pay royalties for proper voice chat.
>>
>>384496967
Or you could just have voice chat behind the parental controls, so fuck your stupid shit
>>
>>384499520
No, actual photos. Swapnote let you attach photos to notes and send them.
>>
File: reallyfrog.jpg (61KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
reallyfrog.jpg
61KB, 306x306px
>>384499520
That's creepy as fuck. I'd rather have them do this, honestly. Splatoon worked fine without voice chat in the first game, and it'll work fine without it here.
>>
GameXplain made a video of the voice chat in action. Good to know the "voice" part works, but there is still many issues that need to be fixed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYtBLcw08_s
>>
>>384499748
nobody shitposting in these threads played Splatoon 1 anon
>>
>>384499748
>Splatoon worked fine without voice chat in the first game, and it'll work fine without it here.
It most certainly did not.
Ranked mode was fucking torture because there's no way to tell your team-mates to GET ON THE FUCKING TOWER HOLY SHIT YOU STUPID CUNTS HOW THE FUCK DID YOU GET TO S- AND YOU STILL DON'T FUCKING KNOW HOW TO PLAY TOWER CONTROL.
AND DON'T FUCKING GET ME STARTED ON NO-ONE ELSE SUPPORTING WHOEVER HAS GOT THE FUCKING RAIN MAKER.
FUCK YOU.
>>
>>384498851
that's the first time I've heard of that o_o
>>
>>384500837
Let's be real, if there was voice chat, you'd just be yelling at some kids who got to S rank.
>>
>>384501053
By that attitude anon's (>>384500837) giving off, obviously
>>
>>384500023
>Good to know the "voice" part works, but there is still many issues that need to be fixed.

It seemed like the voice cut in and out to me
>>
>>384496967
This.

Smartphones are expensive devices that no kids will own so it's the parents fault if they want to use voice chat and something happens.
>>
>>384501508
It cut out because he changed it to a different app, which one of the main issues of the app is that it doesn't run in the background.
>>
And this can not be solved by downloading an application to the nintendo switch?
>>
>>384498676
>because the first post ITT is the correct one
Except it's not. Switch isn't powerful enough to run Switch and voice chat at the same time. Nintendo's "child awareness" is a cover for their weakass system that can't multiprocess because it's a shit tablet with a garbage SoC
>>
>>384502786
No I mean the audio while they were speaking cut in and out like the connection wasn't stable.
>>
>have to use a PHONE APP to use basic online functions
>literally NO public chat
>audio (voice chat) turns off when your screen locks like YouTube
>using any other app TURNS OFF your audio (voice chat), so it has to always been the active app
>this is just the icing

NINTENDUMBINATION
>>
>>384503109
Nintendo is most likely focusing on keeping the system fast and snappy, which is why it takes very little time to load up a game from the Home Menu. If more features were added, that would mean more RAM used, meaning the Switch won't be as fast as it is now. Still, if voice chat doesn't take up so much RAM, Nintendo shouldn't be so scared to implement it.
>>
>>384501537
Do you go outside? Every kid has a smart phone nowadays. Every family has one or two tablets.

Thi decision did NOTHING in terms of "protecting kids". All it did was make the Switch shittier for no reason.
>>
>>384503485
>no public chat
would you really want to hear a bunch of toxic people screaming at you because you didn't do (insert something you didn't do here) how they told you to? same reason I don't join team chat in Overwatch
>>
>>384503810
Yes, yes, I do, you retarded faggot. I want basic online features. I know you like to get KEKED repeatedly from Nintendo, but don't put that dumb, sheep consumer bullshit on me.
>>
>>384503629
Not just ram but processing power too

Switch only has effectively 4 1ghz ARM cores, one of which is reserved for the OS. That leaves 3 for the game. If you wanted voice chat, you'd have to take a game core and repurpose it solely for voice chat. I mean, ok, sure you could do it, but that would severely bottle neck the game down to using 2 1ghz cores. What's worse is the disparity. What of people who don't use voice chat? Would their game use all 3 cores? Would the game downscale graphics for people using voice chat? It raises a lot of questions about scalability, for what is essentially an optional feature

4GB unified system ram (shared with the OS, applications and GPU) is also a pretty big burden, since 4GB is enough for a modern OS to occupy, let alone an 8th gen video game complete with its vram needs at 1080p

Switch just doesn't have what it takes. This has nothing to do with protecting children, this has to do with recognizing your device's limitations and trying to find a way around it. I think Nintendo's solution to the problem is cludgy as fuck, but at least they found a way. Hopefully they make it work better. I mean, if you're going to involve a phone, why not just make all the chat happen on the phone without needing an adapter that connects to the switch/phone?
>>
>>384503629
Or how about this...Nintendo wants to withhold features because they can use them to advertise their next """NEW""" Switch revision model. They're following the same model Apple does.
>>
>>384504051
But if that was known since the console was announced
Why did you buy a switch?
>>
>>384504087
What doesn't Nintendo just do what the Vita does then? If the game is really demanding then voice chat is disabled. If it's not demanding then it's enabled. Vita had this on DAY ONE of its launch.
>>
>>384504051
>is actually fine with a bunch of random people screaming over a match of Splatoon 2
To each their own, I guess
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>384496109
>the Switch is good
>>
>>384504328
I think most Nintendo games will be pushing the system to the max, that's the simple answer. 60fps at 1080p doesn't come cheap even if you have what are basically 7th gen graphics. The fact that resolution scales is telling, the system can't keep up 1080p
>>
>>384504087
You don't need an adapter, you can just use the phone and get some headphones or headset to use with it if game audio doesn't bother you that much.
Regardless, the voice chat needs reworking.
>>
>>384504589
That's horseshit. If the Switch can do Splatoon 2 in 1080p@60FPS docked. They should have room to spare in handheld mode which runs at 720p and disabled dock specific syscalls.
>>
>>384504559
Sorry, Sony, but yes.
>>
>>384504559
>*the Switch is good to OP not me
fify
>>
Yeah the systems a little fucked but I never expected voice chat on a nintendo system in the first place. If youre finding yourself wanting to yell at kids over mic because theyre shit at Splatoon youre probably playing the wrong game.

And no Im not making excuses for nintendo Im 100% sure they couldnt develop a proper voice system even if they wanted.
>>
>>384497043
This. Hope the new Switch comes out soon because I don't wanna waste money on the beta test that is the current Switch
>>
>>384504589
so far the only game that seems to be pushing the system to the max is zelda. mario kart, splatoon, and other games look trivial to run on the switch.
>>
>>384504927
Honestly id rather have no voice chat than be expected to interact with the mexican, german, and american middle school child on my team.
>>
>>384504173
That seems likely, after all they did increase the processing power on the New 3DS XL
>>
>>384504173
With their one """NEW""" game
>>
File: 3452342342.jpg (64KB, 400x265px) Image search: [Google]
3452342342.jpg
64KB, 400x265px
This retarded shit has to be purposeful, it will allow Nintendo to push the inevitable hardware "refresh" with these things fixed.
Or at most they'll drop a software update "addressing the issues" before a major holiday season to fool/entice more people into supporting the system.
>>
>>384505650
Expect the new Pokemon RPG on Switch to run better on the new model and if you want to trade pokemon online you must pay a sub fee.
>>
I am honestly speechless at how badly they've fucked up the online aspects of the system.

HOW is this possible, I mean this is multi-billion dollar company. They employ smart people, right? How did this ever make it past the "messily written rough draft on a half-used napkin while drunk on saki" stage of development?

How can Nintendo look at what Sony and Microsoft have done and think that this shit is acceptable?

I'm still happy with the system (I don't play online, so this doesn't really matter to me), but I really was hoping Nintendo had finally caught up to 2017 what with the new attitude towards advertising and evolving their franchises.
>>
>>384506028
>HOW IS THIS ACCEPTABLE
>i don't play online so it doesn't matter
You are so close to self awareness.
>>
>>384506138
Just because I don't use the feature doesn't mean that I want the system to have a shitty reputation for online play. Shit online=less developers interested in making games=worse sales.

It's like how I have no interest in Splatoon 2 or ARMS, but I hope they do well anyway.
>>
>>384506138
>WHY DOESNT THIS TRUCK HAVE 4X4
>i dont want to go off roading
REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>384505720
honestly, I don't know how else they could possibly screw this up
>>
>>384507942
What a retarded analogy lmao

There are thousands of car models out there, so people can pick the one that suits their needs. There's only 1 model of the Switch, so your point makes no fucking sense.

How hard is it to understand? *I* don't personally play online much, so the issue doesn't affect me much in that way. It DOES however affect the system as a whole in how appealing it is to devs, which DOES affect me.
>>
>>384505720
But this isn't a hardware issue, right? They could easily change the software right now if they wanted to. I think people would see what they were trying to do and be more pissed than anything
>>
>>384505364
It might as well not be there at all. Anyone trying to use voice chat would already have some sort of VoIP on their phone.
>>
>>384508671
If Vita could do cross game voice chat with only 512MB of RAM (Switch has 4GB) and a much weaker ARM processor (Vita is quad, Switch is octa core), then Nintendo has no hardware excuse. They're just incompetent in the software department or they are obviously doing what >>384497043 said to make more money.
>>
>>384508428
>It DOES however affect the system
No, no it really doesn't. It's just sad and pathetic people try to make this a big deal when it isn't. Discord. There you go. Instead we'll have all these websites clickbait about it, say Nintendo is behind the times when they're actually ahead this generation. Internet is all about negativity nowadays.
>>
Best part about all this? It outs how many fucking loser normies there are on /v/. If you care about voicechat with strangers in video games youo are a NORMIE KEKOLD.

Want to chat with your friends, DISCORD EXISTS
>>
File: 1.jpg (346KB, 750x707px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
346KB, 750x707px
>>384496109
Nobody wants to hear your autistic voices in their Squid Shooting Game
>>
>>384496109
If sony did this you all would be PRAISING them but just because its Nintendo you all just start trying to shit on them. It's pathetic.
>>
>>384510463
It's shit because it's not even really the Switch's voice chat. I might as well load up Discord because at least that allows me to multitask while in voice chat.
>>
>>384503109

If Vita can do it, Switch can do it easily.
>>
>>384497043
You do know that Switch has combo jack and it could easily use headphones with mic... But yeah it's jewtendo I could see them doing that
>>
>>384510916
The Vita doesn't run Switch games.
>>
>>384497153
Bluestacks/any Android emulator.
Although I doubt you were actually going to buy a Switch.
>>
>>384500837
>It most certainly did not.
t. C- shitter
>>
Nintendo games are designed to not need voice chat. This voice chat was an obvious afterthought.
The only valid complaint is about talking with friends, you don't need to talk to randoms in any game on the Switch.
Even then, if the voice chat works fine what's the problem? Less resources used for voice chat, more resources for running games which the Switch needs due to it being weaker.
>>
>>384510797
Then do that instead you fucking idiot. So what's the fucking problem?
>>
>>384511475
FUCKING THIS

Voice chat is NOT NEEDED because the games are properly designed. Most of you fuckers probably mute everybody ANYWAY
>>
>>384510436
>no one wants to hear OP's autistic voice
>there is no such thing as public voice chat, you can only voice chat with friends
>>
>>384500837
Perfect example why i dont bother with voice on PC and certainly wont bother with it on a fucking Nintendo console.

Its annoying as fuck to have the shitters from the bottom of the scoreboard spam chat already, hearing them would make me quit vidya.

Still though, whoever at Nintendo signed this voice chat solution needs medication. I really like my Switch but holy shit am i sorry for the kids that wanted to talk about my mom to me.
>>
>>384503656
Kids dont own phones or tablets unless their parents are super rich.

I dont even own a smartphone due to how expensive they are, how could kids afford them?
>>
File: DFIRTsIXUAM5b5X.jpg (134KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DFIRTsIXUAM5b5X.jpg
134KB, 1200x675px
>>
>>384511475
Sure Nintendo games don't need voice chat, but they are severely alienating third party support with this dumb ass decision. Xenoverse 2 for example is a lot more enjoyable with voice chat on PS4, having to go through hoops with this shit on the Switch is just completely gay.
>>
>>384512064
>>384511475
These posts, basically.
Still, does voice chat use so much RAM and resources on the Switch?
>>
>>384511475
>>384512064
t. friendless losers
The resource excuse is also bullshit. Modern VOIP protocols are so fucking lightweight. The Switch has an entire core and 1gb ram dedicated to OS and background tasks, an app would take up MAYBE 2% of that
>>
>>384512248
the worse part about this that the app doesn't even run horizontally...
>>
>>384512248
Jesus christ this is physically painful to look at
>>
>itt casual normies bitching about voice chat with randos
summer /v/ is real
>>
>>384499490
Except multiple third-party Wii U games already had voice chat? It's clearly the second time.
>>
>>384498851
That's only true for splatfests

Ranked is teams of 2 or 4. Pretty sure that you can still join your friends anytime in turf wars.
>>
>>384512292
It probably doesn't use so much that it would severely impact performance, but other than BotW (which was obviously a rushed port) they seem to be aiming for 60 fps/1080p on all their games. At most it would cause dips.
>>384512261
Yeah, it does hurt third party support. I'll admit that. It is what it is, but personally I don't really have a problem with.
>>384512369
I'd rather just use Discord honestly, so I can talk to my non-Switch using friends at the same time.
I did say the talking with friends angle was the only valid complaint, but I doubt you read my post eh?
>>
>>384512689
>60fps/1080p
ARMS and MK8D in 4-player split screen are 30fps/1080p. Splatoon 2 is dynamic 864p-1080p but keeps a constant 60fps, with a dynamic 648p-720p in handheld mode.
>>
>>384496967
>if a kid gets diddled because they were given a smartphone at the age of 9 then it's Nintendo's fault
I'm so tired of parents being unwilling to accept that sometimes they could be at fault.
>>
any pictures of Callie's new outfit yet ?
>>
>>384497153
Are you disabled? How are you 30 and not have a job? Do you live with your parents? how can they have not kicked your ass out already?
>>
>>384496109
That shit has to be on purpose. Hori went for the cheapest option possible to hook everything up, while Nintendo is preparing another accessory dongle for $150-200.
>>
>>384496109
Remember to go to the feedback section and tell them how shitty this method is
>>
>>384512248
This setup wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that the smartphone screen has to be powered on at all times for the chat to work.

My Galaxy S6 could barely last a day from normal use. Having the 1440p screen on all day would kill the poor battery in a few hours.
>>
>>384496967
>voice chat still goes over Nintendo's servers
Hmmmmm
>>
>>384496109
Why cant I just plug in my bose qt25 and voice chatt ingame...
>>
>>384512157
There are smartphones under 99 you know? you don't need an iphone
http://www.androidauthority.com/best-smartphones-under-100-713793/
>>
>>384511963
The problem is that I couldn't have real ingame voice chat, and instead I'm being charged for a redundant app.
>>
>>384496109
I dont get why there isnt bluetooth audio on the switch.
>>
>>384496967
>it's the parent's fault for giving them a smartphone and not nintendo's fault for having voice chat.
But the parent won't buy another Nintendo. They are trying hard to protect their family-friendly image.
>>
>>384512879
>games run worse in 4 player splitscreen
Who would have thought? I see what you're saying though. I should adjust my point to say that they're going for stable performance as high as they can get it, and it seems like with exceptions such as splitscreen and something extremely demanding like BotW they're going for 60FPS
>>
>>384496109
I already use my phone to talk to my friends on discord when I play on consoles so I don't really see a huge issue with this
>>
>>384510463
>If sony did this you all would be PRAISING them but just because its Nintendo you all just start trying to shit on them. It's pathetic.
No, no we wouldn't. People freaked out when the PS4 didn't have a good party chat system at the start, fucking mogoloid.
>>
>>384512157
You are 100% objectively wrong. Go outside, you pathetic NEET.
>>
>>384513316
>>384513493
What makes this situation even worse is that the headphone jack DOES support compatible microphones,.
>>384513180
I've done it already. It feels as if they are listening to us this time with the Switch, so trying to tell them this is an awful method will (hopefully) get them to rework this.
>>
>>384496967
dumb fuck nintenbabby excuse. if this were their concern, they'd lock it behind parental controls or lock the online behind a credit card or any of the other million solutions.
>>
File: 1459608403416.png (1MB, 934x924px) Image search: [Google]
1459608403416.png
1MB, 934x924px
>>384496109
Since me and my friends usually just use Discord regardless on what platform we're playing on, this doesn't really bother me.

What does bother me is that Nintendo can be stubborn as fuck to push their stupid ideas, and I can see them making future online games require the use of the Nintendo app. I hope they don't.
>>
>>384513924
People are mad because they can't voice chat from the console itself and this app has stupid problems such as not working in the background and requiring the screen to stay on.

Using Discord is a valid alternative though. The only advantage Nintendo's app seems to offer on the voice chat side of things is that it automatically separates the voice chat for the match if people in the group end up on different teams (likely because they were playing with enough people for more than one team).
>>
>>384514279
I may just pay $20 a year just to play online and get free VC games with online features after waiting to see if it is actually worth it first. With voice chat, either I'll use Discord or skip out on this all together. Regardless, yes, this was a stupid idea.
>>
>>384508428
There are at least a hundred console models, including custom pcs makes it endless
>>
>>384510463
>you all
>original post literally says "I like the Switch and its games"
>>
>>384514487
Yeah I planned to keep using discord until Nintendo polished up whatever they're trying to do here. Till then I'll keep it for the cool companion app features
>>
>>384514632
Okay anon, answer this for me: how many models of the switch are there right now?
>>
>>384505720
Yes, the thing is, it fucking works. People buy this shit, at some point you would guess Nintendo fans would say ENOUGH and boycott this jew business model.
At least the PS4 PRO is a fucking failure, companies need to stop jewing the consumers out of basic shit that should be standard in 2017.
>>
>>384496109
I don't see what the problem is?

I mostly tether my phone with my switch and play arms. It's easier to whip out my phone and invite my facebook friends to play with me after work than having an in game interface.

Nintendo knows what they're doing. I'm defending this.
>>
>>384503810
gg ez
>>
>>384496109

I love it and I love sending Nintendo messages about how much I love their voice chat system. I hope they use this for all their future systems.
>>
>>384516784
I'm wrestling with some insecurity issues in my life but thank you all for playing with me.
>>
>>384516920
Well, what do you love about it?
>>
>>384501537
HAHAHAHAHAHAAH
> parents not preferring a system with free games over a game-only system with paid games
The mental gymnastics on nintendr-ones is AMAZING
>>
>tfw the only nigga in the thread that knows about Discord

feelsgoodman
>>
>>384519908
>tfw the only nigga in the thread that knows about Discord
>only
>>384514832
>>384514492
>>384514279
>>384513924
>>384512689
still good on you for at least knowing about it
>>
Anyone else think it's weird that they named a chat app "Discord"?

it means:
>disagreement between people.
>lack of harmony between notes sounding together

That's like naming your car brand "Crashers" or your Bakery "Moldy's"
>>
>>384520184
The name came from how MMO raid groups would fight each other over which VOIP to use. Ventrilo, Teamspeak, Skype, etc.
>>
File: 1358375775759.png (327KB, 495x498px) Image search: [Google]
1358375775759.png
327KB, 495x498px
This is honestly making me wanna sell my Switch and wait for a revision that allows for proper voice chat
>>
File: 38403740384-2.gif (595KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
38403740384-2.gif
595KB, 480x360px
This is just one small issue among the millions of others that makes me hate Splatoon in general, the sequel most of all. It's gonna be another 60 dollar esport piece of trash with zero good singleplayer content, which will be so casual that even a baby will be able to beat it.

I don't get why I should consider it good, let alone a killer app of the Switch.
>>
>>384520396
please actually kill yourself for not just using discord
>>
>>384515498
Hey dont like then dont by it (like you need to be told)
>>
Anyone know of any headsets that can use bluetooth and wired at the same time or at the very least can take in two bluetooth sources at once?
>>
>>384520542
Why would you need more than a 6 hour single player for a game that is made for online multiplayers
>>
>>384520623
Please actually kill yourself for using Discord in the first place.
>>
>>384496967
Are you a Nintendo employee? That's the dumbest excuse I've ever heard.
>>
>>384520396
>selling a switch all because of voice chat
>>
>>384520542
>voice chat made me hate splatoon even though the first one had none
>there is no good singleplayer content and I know this even though the game isn't even out
>>
>>384520542
Play Salmon Run solo. Prepare to cry
>>
>>384520742
>Hey dont like then dont by it (like you need to be told)

>I buy a switch
>Nintendo introduces a shitty online strategy
>I don't care much about online play, so it doesn't directly affect me in that regard
>I do care about their shitty strategy because the switch needs to appeal to other people as well or the system will fail, therefore it DOES affect me in that regard
>I have every right to be upset even though the feature doesn't directly matter to me *personally*

Am I speaking in tongues? This can't be a difficult concept to grasp.
>>
>>384496109
The problem is that it's so utterly pointless when you should be able to just plug a headset into your Switch.
I mean voice chat aside, what does this offer rather than messaging someone on Skype, Discord or any social media app as saying "hey, I'm opening a room on x game. Want to play?"
>>
>>384497561
This
>>
>>384521929
If the online was a deal breaker you could have waited, given they have never done online correctly
>>
File: IMG_2239.png (99KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2239.png
99KB, 500x341px
>>384496967
That actually makes a lot of sense in a way
>>
>>384524032
>If the online was a deal breaker

>"I don't care much about online play"

>was a deal breaker

>"I don't care much"

>deal breaker

>don't care

???????????
???????????
???????????
???????????
>>
>>384497043
this spbp.
>>
So can you use your phone for text based chat only?

Not that it matters cause mohun isn't coming out, but I think that would be pretty handy
>>
File: playing switch online.png (95KB, 1797x768px) Image search: [Google]
playing switch online.png
95KB, 1797x768px
>>384512248
>>
>>384524227
I mean, I understand the logic but holy shit is it fucking stupid
>>
File: 1491066972864.jpg (133KB, 494x500px) Image search: [Google]
1491066972864.jpg
133KB, 494x500px
>have to use a USB adapter to play with a wired connection docked only
>wireless is shit and constantly drops out for me
>now I gotta sit 2 feet from a 50 inch tv with my headphones plugged into my phone and my phone plugged into a charger because you can't turn the screen off

This alone is gonna make everyone drop the Switch. I'm already contemplating bailing and selling mine while the desperate people are still looking for one.
>>
>>384526832
if the wireless controller isn't working like it should, why haven't you sent it back to Nintendo?
>>
>>384503434
To be fair Andre or whatever straight up said his voice quality was shit and he was just using his phone on speaker
Thread posts: 154
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.