[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what the absolute fuck is their problem? why didn't they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 2759200-nintendo-logo.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2759200-nintendo-logo.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
what the absolute fuck is their problem? why didn't they just make a normal powered console and funded both first parties and bribed third ones to place exclusives there?? why didn't they just make a mini nes/snes in adequate bulks and made everything playable on them with a market to purchase at reasonable prices? why are they falling for the open world plague? why the fuck do they keep trying to hit wii leves of gimmick success again instead of making something strong that would actually have success?
>>
>>384495641
>why didn't they just make a normal powered console
I guess we are finally on the point where /v/ is too kiddy to remember anything prior Wii
>>
>>384496471
I mean after it you little shit
>>
Nintendo can't compete with the big boys. They're just a small Japanese toy company in comparison to the likes of Sony and MS. So instead of trying to make a competitive device, they make a different one. And Switch is very different. It's portable, which has always been Nintendo's strong suit. The only way they can fuck this up is by continuing the 3DS line of handhelds concurrently with the Switch
>>
File: Nintendo Wii Music.webm (896KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo Wii Music.webm
896KB, 320x180px
>>384495641
>didn't they just make a normal powered console
because they made tons of money with Wii and are desperately trying to recapture that with shitty gimmicks
>>
>>384496753
>I mean after it you little shit
nice damage control

but lets imply you are series

they dont cause They dont require power to make good games

>b-but my 3rd party
its a harsh reality but 3rd party will never support Nintendo hardware cause it means going head to head with Nintendo games.
why would you release a game next to a Nintendo IP when you can run same game on PS4 and XBONE knowing that nor Sony or Microsoft have good enough games to compete vs your own (yes, its a fact that S and M 1st party titles under sale other than 2 or 3 games per generation)
>>
>>384496980
>So instead of trying to make a competitive device
this will be a nice point were not current consoles are just off shelf poorman PC
>>
>>384497194
This is even more embarrassing when you consider these people are waggling non-functional controllers to pre-recorded non-game footage
>>
>>384497251
it is obviously implied it is after the wii with multiple mentions of them trying to regain the same gimmicky success of the wii you little fanboi shit

go and cry about sony in some other thread and leave mine in peace
>>
>>384497379
Consoles are very competitive for what they are. You could not build an equally spec'd PC for cheaper, in fact it would cost you much more.

Selling hardware for break-even prices is not Nintendo's game. They could not sustain it in the long run.

Sony and MS have done it, even sold hardware at a loss, as a long term strategy which has arguably not worked out for either of them.
>>
>>384497551
>l-leave my console war shitpost in peace!!! only me and people I agree with are allowed ITT!!!
>>
>>384497668
>You could not build an equally spec'd PC for cheaper
You absolutely could. The parts in those consoles are old. You could get similar hardware very cheap now. What you should be arguing is that consoles perform better than a similarly priced PC, because devs can push more out of console hardware than comparable PC specs.
>>
>>384497698
it's not a console war it's a genuine question
>>
>>384497668
>You could not build an equally spec'd PC for cheaper
if you get bulk manufacturer price of course you would anon.
>>
They'd shoot their own mothers to be making the kind of money they were raking in with the Wii. They so desperately want moms and old folks back they'll do anything, to Hell with traditional gamers.
>>
>>384497551
bro, did I touch a nerve there?
>>
>>384498213
and got a genuine answer, whether you want to take it or go back to shitpost with >>384497194
and >>384497551 its up to you nigger
>>
>>384498350
k now lets circlejerk about how stupid nintendo are for wanting more gimmicks and making zelda an generic skyrim clone
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.