[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's 2017 and I'm just now playing this for the first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: gothic2.jpg (96KB, 1024x768px)
gothic2.jpg
96KB, 1024x768px
It's 2017 and I'm just now playing this for the first time. I feel fucking clueless about..
>which faction to join
>strength vs dexterity
>which apprenticeship
I've googled but still don't really know what to do. Can you guys help? Any tips/ advice for a beginner?
>>
File: Gothic 2 Guide.png (741KB, 1192x3454px)
Gothic 2 Guide.png
741KB, 1192x3454px
>>384488793
>>
>which faction to join
either militia->paladin or merc->dragon hunter is fine but don't join the monastery because it will be hard as fuck for a new player.

>strength vs dexterity
STR because it's easier for a newfag

>which apprenticeship
You can get the most money out of being a smith but you have to know where to find the steel rods and also spend a bunch of LP on training weapon forging.

I'd go with being a hunter but if you're bad at combat and die to everything just be the alchemist's apprentice and pick up mushrooms that you can sell to him. There's shitload of mushrooms everywhere
>>
Also do you guys recommend using keyboard only or mouse and keyboard?
>>384489643
helpful thanks
>>
>>384489875
I'll go with strength. From what you said hunter looks appealing, but will I not be able to have as good weapons/ armor if I don't do smith?

Also in regards to militia or merc i'm about to just flip a coin, don't know the difference between them
>>
>>384490181
the weapons you will find will be better than the ones you can smith anyway unless you spend fuckton of LP on smithing which isn't worth it because you should rather put them into something else. Making money from smithing is good for players who know how to abuse it.

And make sure you train your sword fighting skills to a new rank asap which is 35 % i think, combat will look a lot different for you.

paladins are basically king's cucks that obey the orders, mercs are mostly free former prisoners who work for money for the Onar.

I would go with the mercenaries because there's Lee which is your bro from Gothic 1, there's also a bunch of other people you met in Gothic 1 and you were a prisoner yourself.
>>
>saw this meme thread every day for a few weeks
>installed again
>my roomie did too
>he's 70 hours in

can't believe it still holds up
>>
>>384488793
>strength vs dexterity
do you even have to ask?
>>
did you play gothic 1 or are you jumping into gothic 2 head on?
are you playing gothic 2 vanilla or do you have the night of the raven addon installed?

>which faction to join
militia is easiest, followed by merc. mage is very tricky, it involves a really difficult trial of admission, and is generally harder to play than the other two throughout the game. very versatile and fun once you know what you are doing though.

>strength vs dexterity
get your strength up to 30 in the beginning regardless, it makes the game a lot easier
beyond that, it depends. wanna do ranged combat with bows? go dex. wanna do melee combat? go str. personally i really dislike bows in gothic so i prefer strength, the melee combat is just so much more fun.

>which apprenticeship
bosper is easiest. recommended for everybody. once you get in, he will buy all the hides you can get for a high price, which provides a nice gold bonus throughout the game.

harad is somewhat tricky to get into, but you can learn to make pretty decent weapons that you otherwise wouldnt have access to. not recommended for mages because dont really need the weapons. also, you can learn blacksmithing later in the game from other trainers.

constantino is annoying to get started with because of all the shit he requires you to gather. later in the game, you can learn alchemy from other trainers.

i highly recommend getting the game manual for gothic 2 and reading through it. there's a lot of vital information in there.
>>
>>384490957
actually i am doing a bow run currently and have a fuckton of dex, it's ridiculous how strong it is

just need to focus on an enemy and you can shoot at him even when he's behind you
>>
>>384490625
and also I'd start NoTR during Act 2. Do the ornament questline and missing people quest
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.