[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright guys, I finished this 10 minutes ago with 150 hours on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 1

File: bb.png (862KB, 599x758px) Image search: [Google]
bb.png
862KB, 599x758px
Alright guys, I finished this 10 minutes ago with 150 hours on the clock.

I've been avoiding spoilers like the plague.

Tell me about your experiences, your character builds, your decisions with NPC's and everything else. I want to know about your hunt.
>>
>>384480379
I particularly want to know about your cathedral ward survivors
>>
>>384480379
talk to me guys I'm dying over here all of my roommates are asleep and I wish I had some vodka or something so I could skull half of it and scream a manic victor scream in my backyard
>>
And I thought a hunter was never alone :(
>>
>>384480379
Beat this like 20 times, but i'm an autist and I just use the cleaver every single time, probably my favourite game now I think about it. Did you play the DLC? If you haven'y I highly recommend it
>>
>>384481554
yeah I haven't- does it add to the story of the base game or can I start looking up everything I missed (because I probably won't play the base game again, but I fucking loved it)
>>
>>384480379
150 hours, what the fuck were you doing? it took me 30 hours
>>
>>384482907
The Old Hunters is separate from the base game but it does compliment the story with its characters. One of the best DLCs ever made. You don't need to worry about beating the game again, the DLC can be accessed right after beating Vicar Amelia
>>
>>384482907
The dlc is somewhat short but all the weapons it adds are really fun.
>>
>>384483065
Well, I was really into trying to tie the story together through talking to NPC's and checking out areas I'd been in before to see if anything had changed.

Plus, since it was goddamn beautiful and I'm a sucker for the horror aesthetic, sometime's I'd just walk through areas with the hunter's torch looking at my surroundings,

I also spent time in dungeons, and helped people with bosses I'd beaten in co-op.
>>
>>384483603
I can't imagine wanting to even get to amelia again for at least a year.

I held onto her necklace pendant thing for the whole game thinking it might be important instead of turning it into a blood gem, wasn't worth it I guess?
>>
>>384481554
>Beat this like 20 times, but i'm an autist and I just use the cleaver every single time
Jesus Christ, dude.
>>
>>384484285
If you know the correct path to take and you can memorize boss movesets, you can get to Amelia in 10-15 minutes easy
>Spawn
>Activate first lamp
>Go through the sewers, climb ladder and activate Gascoigne shortcut in case you die to him
>Beat Gascoigne
>Activate Cathedral Ward lamp
>By Hunter chief emblem to open path to Amelia
>>
>>384480379
>Tell me about your experiences

best dark game since silent hill 3. I loved Demons and dark souls -both of which I played day one- and still I seriously didn't expect it to be this good.
>>
>>384484489
I do have a Skill character but I don't touch it anymore. Cleaver is unironically my favourite weapon, I will never get tired of hitting mobs/bosses with the transform attack because it feels so weighty
>>
>>384484887
>because it feels so weighty
Try some STR weapons man, jesus. I dunno how you don't get bored out of your mind with just the cleaver.
>>
>>384484887
You're going to love the beast hunter saif if you get the dlc.
>>
>>384480379
I made pvp builds for strength, dex/bloodtinge, dex, and arcane. But the pvp is kind of bad so I've never actually played it that much and just like making characters. The base game is absurdly short, the chalice dungeons and blood gems were poorly implemented, and the online is even worse then any souls game. Despite all of that I liked it because of the sanic speed gameplay and lovecraftian setting.
>>
>want to use beast claws
>I have to go through chalice dungeons to unlock them
Kill me
>>
Started a couple days ago. Level 30. Amelia is giving me a hell of a time. Ran out of Numbing Mist and only have a couple of Old Hunter Henriet summons left. That healing is some bullshit.
>>
>>384486221
I got the DLC back at release, I do like the Beasthunter Saif, also one of my favourites

>>384485220
I used the Whirligig for a while but I got bored of it fast
>>
>>384486746
Pay for my ps+ and I will carry you.
>>
>>384484489
ikr aha at least go for a new build.

I was arcane heavy, if I played again I'd go with bloodtinge
>>
>>384484887
>weighty
Kirkhammer.
>>
>>384480379
>I spent 150 hours on my first playthrough
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>384486746
I had a hard time and ran out of the mist too, but you can stop her from healing too much.

Honestly, you might have to level up endurance a bit for the stamina and keep trying to get behind her.

She's weak to fire so have some molotovs handy as she's a big target (this probably did more for me because arcane was always my highest stat)
>>
>>384484285
The DLC absolutely is worth doing, and will explain a few things left unclear in the base game. It also contains some of the very best bosses in the series' history, and contains some of my favourite areas as well.

>>384486746
Vicar Amelia seems to be one of those bosses people either steamroll or have a lot of trouble with. I was one of the latter. If you're not dealing enough damage to outdo her healing, find a way to do more. She's a DPS check.
>>
>>384487404
what do you mean what did I mean?

I'm an /explorative/ guy and the thought of missing a single thing kills me because I on;y play rpgs once because they're so story based.
>>
>>>/vg/
>>
bloodborne and dark souls 1 are probably my favorite video games since san andreas when i was like 13-14. i pretty much stopped giving a fuck about video games after i accepted the fact that gta went to shit and dark souls rekindled my interest in vidya as i was addicted to it then bloodborne came out and they delivered hard as fuck with this game, they really knocked it out of the park
>>
>>384482907
The DLC is easily the best part of the game, you should really play it if you enjoyed bloodborne. Getting to Vicar Amelia again is pretty easy and doesn't take long at all.
>>
>>384487684
agreed.

I loved ds1, thought they were beating a dead horse with 2 and 3 but man did they deliver here.
>>
>>384487614
>>384484285
vicar amelia is literally fire paper check
you're allowed to pass if you have it
>>
>>384486712
>went through all that struggle to get beast claws
>even defeated laurence, the shittiest boss in existence at lvl 40 to get the beast transformation
>turns out the build was trash all along
the transformed moveset is fun and shit but get hit with max beasthood and you die instantly
>>
>>384488647
What was your vitality? Playing as a stalk of cauliflower was super fun so I figured that being a wolf would be equally fun.
>>
>>384488502
This, with fire paper, pellets and a cleaver you can literally break all her limbs one after one and stunlock her to death, she will never hit you
>>
>>384488773
45 when i finished the build. If you're good enough to not get hit at all I guess it shouldn't be a problem. The thing is, beasthood reduces your resistances while giving you damage so you become a glass cannon without the cannon part
>>
>>384486746
>use fire paper
>use blood pellet
>spam r1

Works on almost every boss.
>>
>>384488647
Try out a parasite build, that thing absolutely wrecks teams of 3 with that godly tricked L2. By far my favourite build in all of Souls, it's too bad none of the other games have weapons as unique as that.
>>
>>384483065
this

what the fuck were you doing, OP?
>>
>>384480379
What are your guy's favorite weapons? Loved the Beastcutter and Church Pick. Gonna do an arcane build next so I can use the Kos parasite and HMGS
>>
>>384489187
It's too hard to choose, like every weapon in the game apart from the few that have limited movesets like the Tonitrus range from good to fantastic.

If I had to choose I'd go with the Kos Parasite and Beastcutter Saif.
>>
>>384489575
>Beastcutter
*Beasthunter
>>
>>384488907
Well fug. Maybe I'll just use it on easier bosses like bloodstarved.
>>
>>384489187
Blades of Mercy and Rakuyo have a really fun moveset. I liked Logarius' wheel just because of how ridiculous it was too. If I replay the game again I'll probably try a bloodtinge build though, haven't done one of those runs yet.
>>
>>384489802
make sure to get beast roar though, your own roar doesn't knockback enemies. it helps with both normal mobs and some specific bosses
>>
>>384489187
the threaded cane was my main from start to finish, but I also rolled with the blade of mercy and the tonitros (I know that's not how you spell it but I can't be fucked)
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.