[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm new to the Hitman series (except Absolution which I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
I'm new to the Hitman series (except Absolution which I hated) and this game is the best I've played concerning stealth and Hitman.

Are there any other games on PC like this?
>>
>>384479794

No, there are no other games like it.

Just wait for Season 2.
HITMAN was GOTY 2016 easily
>>
Contracts and Blood Money, although they're gonna feel very antiquated compared to ™
>>
SA, BM and contracts are all top notch
>>
The closest are probably Velvet Assassin and Death to Spies.
>>
>>384479924
SA has some great levels but some real awful ones too. Overall, its ok.
>>
I hope that after Mr Giggles is over, IQ announce a way to retry the elusive targets. I'd settle for reruns or a timer for when you can try a target again.
>>
>>384479894
I wonder what made the franchise do such a 180 in such a good way. The game is perfect

>That Japan level with Ghost in the Shell references
>>
>>384480229
Wouldn't that kinda of ruin the point of the elusive targets? it's like someone replaying Oneshot.
>>
>tfw just not feeling like doing the last elusive target
Fucking Mr. Giggles, I just don't feel like being arsed enough to do it, especially since I have the winter coat. Also, why does he have to be in the worst level. The last ET in Marrakesh was also complete shit (the guy who was just a retexture of Strandberg with the same exact routine).
>>
>>384479960
VA is garbage, Death to Spies is very, VERY low budget but it's pretty good for what it is, especially Moment of Truth.

>>384480314
What Ghost in the Shell references?
>>
OP here, should I try Silent Assassin and Blood money? Which one is closest to First season?
>>
>>384480869
Blood Money is but keep in mind that it's also easier.
SA is okay but it's got some absolutely terrible levels and even the good ones are mostly pretty linear.
>>
>>384480410
Not everybody was around for the first ones and some lose to silly shit. I don't think any tension would be lost if there was enough of a wait to try again. A week or something.

>>384480472
Giggles is easy to deal with. I had to reset once, so I saw the whole event where he poisons somebody's coffee. Just had to swipe the waiter when everybody's looking away, jump over to poison his own coffee and hide again. Trailed him over to a toilet and drowned him.

Would have been a perfect suit-only silent assassin but I completely fucked up on the client list and got shot up when trying to sneak into a vip area to look for it.
>>
File: thief-video-game-1.jpg (431KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
thief-video-game-1.jpg
431KB, 1920x1080px
>>384480987
Ill give BM a go then.

How about other stealth games? Was Thief any good?
>>
>>384480869
Both are significantly more difficult than Hitman TM. They are both worth it and classics.

I would say complete SA first, its HARDER than than blood money and TM. Also you should try Hitman: contracts as well
>>
>>384481149
Not 'that' Thief but the classics are still good to this day. What it lacks in graphics, it makes up for in audio design.
>>
>>384481149
thief gold and 2 are the essential stealth games to play
>>
>>384481149
It's hated here but not a bad game desu
>>
File: 1459790734455.jpg (206KB, 658x562px) Image search: [Google]
1459790734455.jpg
206KB, 658x562px
>>384481201
>BM
>Significantly more difficult than TM
>>
File: sy.png (147KB, 267x259px) Image search: [Google]
sy.png
147KB, 267x259px
>>384479794
>set on hating the game for its episodic shit and handholding casualization
>play it out of boredom
>you can actually turn off x-ray and opportunity bullshit
>and its actually not handicapping you because the game is build around that shit. no, the game actually becomes 100% better
Pleasantly surprised.

And the episodic shit was also not the buzzkill I thought it would be. I spent a lot of time exploring missions and doing the challenges, I would've otherwise skipped for story progression. Maybe its just that Hitman with its different locations seems like its made for this format(I can't see thi sworking with an rpg), but that episodic format definitely worked out.

One thing I really hope they change for Season 2 is creation mode. You can't do shit with it. Can't demand people to not use disguises and when I kill someone with a screwdriver then I want the person to fail the mission if he doesn't do it. Creation mode is 90% order of killing people only. And please up the difficulty a bit IO. Otherwise this was the best Hitman game to date.
>>
>>384480869
SA is only good if you have nothing else to play. Too outdated. BM is best after the new one, but its a bit on the easy side. Its still closest to first season and Hitman the way you want it.
>>
>>384479794
Play Blood Money. If you like Blood Money play Death to Spies.
>>384481149
Thief 4 is trash. Thief 1 and 2 are two of the greatest vidya ever made. Thief is nothing like hitman tho
>>
>>384482026
They should just forget the larger story and just have each episode with its own plot and characters etc, kind of like there is now but enhanced because season 2.
>>
File: Dull_and_Boring.jpg (185KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Dull_and_Boring.jpg
185KB, 1280x960px
>>384481295
>thief gold

But it looks old and shitty
>>
>1. Sapienza
>2. Hokkaido
>3. Paris
>4. Bangkok
>5. Marrakesh
>6. Colorado

Any other ranking is invalid
>>
>>384482367
I actually agree. I never ever cared for the story in Hitman games. To me it was always about being a contract killer on different locations
>>
>>384482491
swap 2 and 3 and I'm with you
>>
>>384482367
The story is irrelevant enough to not matter but (apparently) thought-out enough to be interesting. I like it the way it is.

Plus I liked how they threaded a few characters through the different maps, like Dr Lafayette, etc
>>
>>384482491
>1. Sapienza
>80% of map is useless
>stationary target in absolutely retarded place lmao
>b-but it looks good
shit taste
>>
>>384482491
Hokk > sap > paris > bang > colo >marra
>>
>>384482461
>old
can't argue
>shitty
you wot?

thief is great and thief 2 which looks essentially the same is one of my favorite games. I love good graphics but if you can't get immersed into a dated-looking game with great sound/level design and good gameplay you're a pleb.
>>
>>384482796
>>80% of map is useless
>what are escalation targets
>>
>>384482901
Escalations are shit
You are literally one of twenty people who play them
>>
File: The Sword.png (422KB, 662x469px) Image search: [Google]
The Sword.png
422KB, 662x469px
>>384482461
Prison and Thieves' Guild are kind of shitty, but the rest of the game is solid gold. It also has one of the most memorable and interesting levels of the series.
>>
File: 1500229103087.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1500229103087.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
>>384483040
>>
>>384481149
Blood Money is great, but other stealth games? if you want a good challenge try Styx
>>
>>384481201
>Both are significantly more difficult than Hitman TM
Blood Money is the greatest Hitman game, but it is also the easiest by a wide mile.
>>
Times I wish they'd go back and add stuff to levels. I often feels like there should be more.

>Sapienza
>Can't use the DNA samples from the safe to have the only sample of the assassin virus kill your targets and then die.
>Can't mix the virus with the tins of expired tomato sauce for a zombie apocalypse easter egg.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.