[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I play Trails In The Sky? I heard some high praise from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: trailsinthesky-1313771692.jpg (246KB, 1280x855px) Image search: [Google]
trailsinthesky-1313771692.jpg
246KB, 1280x855px
Should I play Trails In The Sky?
I heard some high praise from anons the other day and it kinda piqued my interest.
I'm interested in gameplay widely above all else.
>>
>>384478612
Honestly, its a hard game to recommend, I love it, but gameplay is kinda tedious. It's a grid based turn based battle system, like an inferior Grandia. I like the story and the characters.

Get it on a steam sale or something and try it out
>>
>>384478612
The high praise comes from its storytelling, world building and character development.

The gameplay is really nothing special. It's not bad by any means, but it felt dated even for 2004 standards.
>>
>>384478794
>Grandia
I keep on seeing people say LoH: Trails copied Grandia, but Grandia copied the older 90s LoH games.
>>
>>384478794
>>384478812
>>384478887
Thanks for your comments.
How about Grandia then? It certainly looks interesting, even if I'm slightly terrified by the apparent amount of depth.
>>
File: conniving merchant.png (150KB, 216x274px) Image search: [Google]
conniving merchant.png
150KB, 216x274px
>>384478612
Bought it in the Summer sale, enjoying it so far.
>>
>>384479113
Grandia isn't deep, best PS1 rpg in my opinion though.
>>
>>384479393
oh shit, sorry, got Grandia and Disgeaga mixed up, my bad. But yeah, Grandia looks great.
>>
LoH series is like a decent book, once you get hooked up you will want more and more.

However combat is really nothing special, even generic.It gets better with Coldsteel as tey added new elements to spice it up.
>>
>>384479524
Disgaea isn't even that deep either, if anything it's just a grind fest.
>>
>>384478612

It's one game that is expanded to the size of two full JRPGs so that you can have a more in depth look at it's parts. They go to 10/10 levels of story, world, and character building and it's more about getting into the story rather than bombastic action. Combat is fairly similar to Grandia so it's fairly enjoyable.

If you want a good story and world to be a part of it's one of the best JRPGs of all time, if you demand instant action then it's probably not for you.
>>
>>384478612
>tfw bought it last sale but haven't installed it
>feel no desire to play it
>>
>>384479814
It's not that much that I demand instant action, I just want a bit of pace.
I tried Xenogears the other day and I spent the first like hour, pressing A to forward dialog and just walking around talking to people.
I don't mind a story heavy game if it's worth it, but I rather care a lot about how that story is told.
>>
>>384479272
Bought it on sale too, finishing some games before starting, does it have good early pacing, i played a little when i bought just to see if the game worked properly, but so far i only have done some talking.
>>
>>384480283
If you couldn't stand the amount of story in Xenogears, Trails is not for you. Trails is like that on steroids.
>>
>>384478794
>gameplay is kinda tedious
This.
>>
>>384480283

If Xenogears didn't reel you in then you don't have the mindset to enjoy Trails. It's the kind of game where you want to sit back and let the story happen while the world reels you in, the entire first game is basically a prologue that lets you have a chance to get into the world and know the characters before the main story starts.
>>
>>384480475
>>384480654
Well, I guess it's settled then. Thanks a lot for your patience. I guess really its a mindset thing, I want something a bit more of an intense experience.
I guess if you have recs for other good RPGs (W or J) with decent depth and good pacing, I'll take them!
>>
>>384480891
Xenoblade Chronicles might be a bit more your speed. Story picks up fast and the exploration is very rewarding. It's got MMO combat though, so I hope you enjoy cooldowns.
>>
File: image.jpg (244KB, 882x580px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
244KB, 882x580px
I would recommend playing Trails of Zero on PSP with English patch as in my opinion it is definitely the best series of them all.

Cast is likeable and mature, you are a detective which is pretty interesting and story is set in Crossbell which is advanced technologically.
>>
>>384480470
Fairly slowly paced. Lots of dialogue. A good amount of gameplay, too, but the story hasn't really kicked in yet.
>>
File: calvard when.png (20KB, 405x646px) Image search: [Google]
calvard when.png
20KB, 405x646px
Calvard when?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.