[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How will video games shape the current generations understanding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: Battlefield-1-Sniper.jpg (428KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Battlefield-1-Sniper.jpg
428KB, 1920x1080px
How will video games shape the current generations understanding of history?
>>
>>384471045
Very poorly at the rate things are going.
>>
>>384471045
"""people""" were mad that Dunkirk and Miss Peregrine yadda yadda where the movie is set on WW2 Wales was only filled with white people.
so yeah, not very good
>>
Since when are videogames are considered a replacement for education?
>>
>>384472029
Since society decided to plop their children in front of the Xbox all day while Mom sits on her ass browsing Facebook.

They sure as fuck aren't learning anything in school.
>>
>>384471045
Maybe you Burgers should start teaching actual history in your schools.
>>
>>384472405
We do. Kids today are smarter than they ever have been. Look up the "flynn effect".
>>
>>384472029
Video games, like music, movies and others are a reflection of our culture.
Kids are educated through not just schools but culture as well
>be dumb kid
>see Nazis in WW2 shooter are black
>grow up to hate niggers for the hall of cost
>end up starting another for niggers
>>
>>384472260
Well as a kid I spent a lot of time with videogames, probably more than most kids (I have no siblings and had no neighbors) and I never took what I saw in videogames as real or educative. Kids aren't that retarded you know.

The educational system where I live is also probably much worse than yours.
>>
>>384472405

This is the average ((((American)))) School

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBP35G0KtqQ
>>
>>384472478
>Kids today are smarter than they ever have been
No they're not.
https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2015/02/17/report-finds-us-millennial-generation-faring-poorly-educationally-compared-those

And no you don't. US education is ass. All you learn about is how many Jews got slaughtered in WW2 and muh slavery.
>>
>>384472405
>Maybe you Burgers should start teaching actual history in your schools.

t. Yuropoor leftist cuck
>>
>>384472718
Its what the average Detroit school looks like
>tfw grew up in over 90% white county
>school has few niggers
>all is well except for the occasional chimpout which is quickly tamped down
>>
>>384471045
If people are dumb enough to believe this is an accurate portrayal of WW1 then they are people who would have never learned bout it in the first place, so none.
>>
File: 1498647110881.png (63KB, 427x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498647110881.png
63KB, 427x480px
>>384471045
>How will video games shape the current generations understanding of history?
Correctly, since video games should never be thought of as an accurate source of representing history, just product of entertainment.
>>
>>384472760
you really are oblivious to the world around you huh kiddo, kys
>>
>>384472760
t. Murrifat inbred redneck
>>
>>384472754
Your source isn't even credible anon. The quality of education must not be that good in whatever country you're in.
>>
>>384471045
People are geniunely getting mad there is a lack of diversity in historical portrayals these days. Really so long as the actual portrayal is accurate I don't care. All blacks are in multi after all aren't they?
>>
>>384471045
To be honest, it must be pretty lulzy to be a history teacher right now.

You just know there's going to be THAT kid who think he knows all about history thanks to playing too much vidya and they can roast him over the simplest shit.
Heck, he wouldn't even know who actually fought whom in that war.
>>
>>384473072
Google's pages are literally riddled with links to similar articles from different sources. Stop kidding yourselves because once you actually start to recognize the problem you can start to fix it. Instead you fat fucks either like to stay oblivious or you like to pull a blanket over your eyes and find a group that seems most convenient to blame it on instead (niggers, libs, republicans whatever) because that's easier than to actually deal with it. It's pathetic.
>>
>>384473485
I can tell you've never even been in america and formulate your opinions from things you read online.
Typical eurocuck, lol.
>>
>>384473872
>"hurr all lies!"
>Doesn't provide a single source
Prove me wrong then, faggot.
Then again, you've probably never been subject to proper education so how could you possibly comprehend what I'm talking about.
>>
>>384473872
Everyone knows that both the american society and education system are shit.
>>
>>384472405
We need to gas the Jews first
>>
File: ger-kaiser-troops_411.jpg (28KB, 350x211px) Image search: [Google]
ger-kaiser-troops_411.jpg
28KB, 350x211px
>>384471045
I hate this image so fucking much. I still can't believe the German Army, the army least willing to fight alongside minorities in the war, has not one, but two fucking somalian pirate niggers, one of them being a cavalry officer who has the only pickelhaube in the entire game!!
>>
Paradox games will convince everyone that the French and the Turks are literally the Devil.
>>
>>384472405
>(You)
>>
File: you.jpg (148KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
148KB, 1280x720px
>>384477109
>>
>>384473872
Our education system is shit, lad. There is no denying it.
>>
File: 1454230512484.jpg (636KB, 640x750px) Image search: [Google]
1454230512484.jpg
636KB, 640x750px
>>384477072
Playing Crusader Kings II made me really develop my hatred for Muslims and my appreciation for Christendom.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.