[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>search steam game >show negative reviews only >don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 1474218162830.jpg (63KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
1474218162830.jpg
63KB, 500x493px
>search steam game
>show negative reviews only
>don't buy game
>repeat ad infinitum
>>
This is the only way to find out what's really busted with some games. These people are more likely to be truthful as opposed to "It's a great game! Buy It!"
>>
>>384462039
I completely agree. It's pretty telling when most positive reviews are just people trying too hard to be funny and the only valuable insight comes from negative ones
>>
>>384461659
It's such a useful way to judge games.
Positive reviews will only tell you a game is good, negative reviews will tell you how the game fell short of the reviewer's expectations; and if those expectations are similar to yours, then your optimistic preconcieved idea of the game plus the criticism of the game's shortcomings will tell you everything you need to know about the game.

I should have done this before buying Gratuitous Space Battles. My preconceived notion was that it was a space strategy game, but negative reviews would have told me that it was one without mid-battle interaction.
>>
I always go straight to the negative reviews to see if it's a shit port or if the game even runs.

It hurt, but I dodged a sale on MK9 recently because of that.
>>
File: armikrog.jpg (328KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
armikrog.jpg
328KB, 1500x1500px
>>384461659
>remember a game you were excited for during its development
>check steam reviews
>mixed
what's her name /v/
>>
>>384462039
>>384462689
meh. look at the negative reviews of games you love and you'll see how misleading it can be.
>>
>>384461659
Why do you respect the opinions of children so highly? The only time reviews are valuable is when they point out that the game is unplayable for some technical reason.
>>
File: 1468553952605.jpg (29KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1468553952605.jpg
29KB, 400x400px
>search steam game
>show positive reviews
>buy game
>never play it
>repeat ad infinitum
>>
>>384463335
Well, I understand why Ring Runner gets lots of bullshit negative reviews. People expect Ring Runner to be just another simplistic indie game, so then after an hour they're crying about how hard the controls are.
>>
File: morning covefe.png (315KB, 656x423px) Image search: [Google]
morning covefe.png
315KB, 656x423px
>game's negative reviews are about 1/3rd people shilling Space Pirates and Zombies
I have no appropriate reaction image for this.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.