[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain this to me, /v/. I was replaying Saints Row 2 month

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 373
Thread images: 47

File: tmp.png (1MB, 1151x614px) Image search: [Google]
tmp.png
1MB, 1151x614px
Explain this to me, /v/.

I was replaying Saints Row 2 month or something ago, few days ago I started replaying Saints Row 3 since I grabbed version with all DLCs in GOG. Now, people on /v/ often says that "SR2 is better at everything" and calls SR3 "shit". When I was playing SR2, I was mostly annoyed at how the game works, how everything is clunky, how terrible controls are and even with Gentlemen modpack, everything runs like on 2x speed movie. I couldnt sympathise with character at all - while Sons of Samendi storyline was fun and good, Brotherhood was showing complete psycho enforcing endless circle of revenge and mutilating people for little or no reason. Even good constructed missions were at times frustrating due to game performance and controls.

Now that I play SR3, I find it much, MUCH better. Devs finally did unique game instead of GTA SA clone, never treat themsleves or game seriously (up to breaking the 4th wall frequently), missions while lesser in numbers are well constructed, properly intense and really fun, controls and performance is very good and polished, protagonist have at least few choices and is not mindless psychopath anymore. The only thing I find better in SR2 are radio stations.

So why? Why /v/ claims SR3 to be much worse when Im playing it right now and see something completely opposite? Because of purple didlo bat? Or because its not San Andreas clone and "muh gangsta story"?
>>
Op is a fag
>>
File: jesus - Copy.png (254KB, 442x444px) Image search: [Google]
jesus - Copy.png
254KB, 442x444px
>>
File: tree6.jpg (168KB, 790x475px) Image search: [Google]
tree6.jpg
168KB, 790x475px
tl;dr
>>
>>384461078
Nostalgia.
But also that SR3 didn't have any big moments and whilst it was better in controls the SR2, it was still pretty bad.

Also you are now aware that the car sounds are just looped.
>>
File: tmp2.png (459KB, 406x486px) Image search: [Google]
tmp2.png
459KB, 406x486px
>>384461757

tl;dr version for you: Why SR2 is considered godly game and SR3 as shitty game when its actually perfectly opposite, signed guy who actually played both recently.

>>384461732
>>384461672

I dont see anything wrong with playing as female character. I like virtual dressing up too.
>>
>>384461948
>waifu faggot
>easily impressed by garbage
checks out
>>
>>384461861

Define "big moments".

>it was still pretty bad

Im just experiencing something directly opposite - the pure fun. I was actually smiling during gameplay, something I dont do often, when I was doing tank mayhem, dive among crates in mid-air, listen to conversations, etc...
>>
SR3 cut features from previous entry and is more streamlined, also a lot of folks didn't appreciate the tonal shift. I like every game in the series but I get why people have made this complaint
>>
series evolved for the best, better chars, story, plot, gameplay. Shame GTA never will.
>>
>>384462041

While your only argument seems like "its bad because I say its bad".
>>
>>384461948
>I like to eat shit
>Why do people like SR2 more than eating shit?
>>
>>384462226

What exactly features, except for that infamous sceptic avenger, which is just one activity? "Strongholds" in SR2 were just another missions, mostly simplified as well (many reduced to just "go and shoot those few guys out there").
>>
>>384462162
Carlos Death
>>
>>384462356
They removed socks. Fuck yourself.
>>
>>384461078
Everybody knows SR3 is the best, what are you talking about? Have you got triggered by onw thread claiming otherwise?

SR3 is the pinnacle of the franchise with 4 feeling like a shitty add-on
>>
File: 126189313143076095 (2).jpg (186KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
126189313143076095 (2).jpg
186KB, 1280x720px
>>384461078
I agree, I used to play the hell out of SR2 and it was great in many ways but SR3 i found much better.
>>
>>384462356
Many of the clothing options were cut, many options from the character creator are gone.
Many stores were removed (inc. Freckle Bitches)
>>
>>384462581

Okay I give you that. I miss overknee socks and stockings too.

>>384462537

Thats the tonal shift you mentioned. Somebody else could say that the GTA series is the place for such heavy moments instead.
>>
>>384462665
4 was an add-on...
Even more hilarious is Gat outta Hell was originally DLC for SR4 too.

So That makes Gat Outta Hell a DLC for a DLC.
>>
File: 1478901806001.jpg (84KB, 800x850px) Image search: [Google]
1478901806001.jpg
84KB, 800x850px
>PC version of SR2 never got the DLC
>>
>>384462665

>Everybody knows SR3 is the best

/v/ says otherwise on every single related thread, you know?

>inb4 /v/ is not one person
>>
>>384462884
/v/ isn't one person but SR2 really is the best.
>>
>>384461078
SR3 is much, much more polished and generally better designed. SR2 had objectively better writing and customization, two very important things to the series. I like both, SR3 was easier to dick around on, but 2 was definitely a high point in many respects.
>>
I played sr2 after sr3, and here are my two cents.
sr2 has way more customization, which is important in these types of games
sr2's progression from nobody to most powerful mob boss is more gradual, so it feels more rewarding
side missions (except for insurance fraud) are more fun. The fact that you earn special abilities by completing side missions instead of leveling up makes them feel more rewarding, too.
People don't like that gat was killed off in 3.
I consider the two pretty equal, though.
>>
>>384463438
>>384463714

I didnt really noticed much deeper customization in SR2, except for more clothing options. Character editor maybe had few more sliders but it was esier to make hideous monster nstead of decent face (that would get messed in custscenes anyway).

>The fact that you earn special abilities by completing side missions instead of leveling up makes them feel more rewarding, too

I hated how I had to do hos capturing for special rewards. Controls and game performance was ruining everything and nothing was more frustrating than watching your car turing into wreck while AI casually and slowly try to locate the door.

>side missions (except for insurance fraud)

Funny, I found insurance fraud to be the most fun and the only activity that I actually completed in full for fun and not rewards.

But yeah, writing was good in SR2 - I wouldnt say better but solid and what made it worth playing.
>>
File: 1495679705261.jpg (37KB, 540x729px) Image search: [Google]
1495679705261.jpg
37KB, 540x729px
>>384464614
>Not using the APC for Pimping missions
>>
File: OoLQY.gif (869KB, 400x280px) Image search: [Google]
OoLQY.gif
869KB, 400x280px
Did any else find the AI in SR3 really frustrating?
Enemies would stumble for a bit after being shot making it hard to hit vital areas.
They also like to move around, like, a lot, taking cover, sidestepping, turning around just to pull 180.
Every firefight always broke out into a dance choreography. Just awful.
>>
>>384465882

>actively avoiding being shot

I dont see a problem here.
>>
SR2 is COMPLETE garbage and I will never understand this SR2 meme

youd have to pay me to play that shit again
>>
>>384461078
Story was worse.
Characters were worse
writing much worse
Took out or dumbed down a lot of features like customization and houses
>never treated themselves or game seriously
they completely changed what saints row was about, all they did was shit on the fans and two games worth of development.
SR4 was even worse and cannot even be considered a saints row game it's more of a parody.
>>
>>384466335

>they completely changed what saints row was about

Funny given that devs finally got a chance to make the game in their style instead of SA clone that first SR was supposed to be.

And I always find it funny to read how somebody claims that devs dont know what their own creation should be about.
>>
>>384466504
Yeah and now they're making a co-op buddy shooter with premade characters that's guaranteed to flop. They also made Gat Out Of Hell. Who could question such genius?
>>
>>384466504
It never was a SA clone. have you actually played SA?

and even so that isn't even an argument, the devs started with two games where they could do what they wanted instead they completely changed the theme of the games after already establishing what saints row is.

sure the devs can do what they want, doesn't mean they wont get criticized for it. saints row 3 and 4 proves that. they ruined what they had and turned saints row into unfunny badly written toilet humor. it's embarrassing.
>>
>>384461078
SR3 was more fun - in terms of pure, simple enjoyment derived for main gameplay elements. This I agree on, although I personally don't like how shooting feels in it compared to previous games and it's way too easy. However, it has way lesser variety of side missions activities and stuff to do in general, the map is boring shit where the whole town looks the same, while in SR2 every district was unique and full of interesting locations and things to find, many completely good mechanics have been scrapped. The problem with SR3 is that it's way smaller than previous games in terms of possibilities and attention to details. If it would have kept the same or bigger scale, than yeah, I could possibly agree that it would be a better game than its predecessors. But the way it is, everything apart from story missions feels half-assed and rushed honestly.
>>
The only thing I really liked about Saints Row 3 was how they turned the instant car entering glitch from SR2 into an actual feature with the sprint button. That was pretty clever.
>>
>>384466837
They also added Anthony Burch as DLC. Good fucking god.
>>
>>384466956
For some reason it never occurred to me that it was a glitch. It just became second nature to jump onto the hood of the car when I wanted to get in.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HffvsWNJYvw

This is why all SR fans prefer SR2. the video is sarcasm by the way, just in case it goes over your head OP
>>
File: 641431.jpg (194KB, 1200x627px) Image search: [Google]
641431.jpg
194KB, 1200x627px
>>384466972
To be fair that was more about his sister and father, and he was as much of a faggot in the game as he is in real life.

>tfw no Ashley Burch gf that wears high heel converse and has actual tits
>>
>>384467381
its good for spawning them in just to beat them to death
>>
>>384461078
My only complaint with Saints Row 3 is the lack of online multi-player beyond co-op with one person and the lack of good outfit customization. I liked that you could layer pieces of clothing in SR2. I really wish I had an excuse to play this game more, like a versus multi-player or a free roam with tons of people like GTAV has.
>>
>>384461078
>Character customization options went to shit
>Worst soundtrack to ever be put in a video game
>Half of the missions are just the shitty minigames
3 was complete fucking garbage. Even 4 fucked up less.
>>
File: 1478456761759.jpg (52KB, 715x960px) Image search: [Google]
1478456761759.jpg
52KB, 715x960px
>>384467682
>Make sexy female boss with Russian accent
>Doing first mission
>She's acting all concerned that Pierce doesn't get hurt
>"D'awww she's like a big sister type looking out for him:3"
>Few missions later
>She actually wants to fuck pierce
>Go straight to plastic surgery place and remake character as a guy

What a piece of shit.
>>
>>384467813
yeah i remember them making you play the mini games pretending to be story missions. and that black guy pimp with the voice modulator making you do those awful missions. seriously what a bad game.
>>
>>384467915
I used the default voice and I don't remember her flirting with Pierce.
>>
>>384466837

Of course I played SA and Im also aware of the reasons why SR was made in first place and what audience was the target.

>>384467154

The author was seriously butthurt, thats all I can see.
>>
>>384467813
>>384467926
Damn I totally forgot about them trying to pass off fucking side missions as story missions. And honestly I can't even remember nay story missions in SR4 aside from the beginning.
>>
>>384468037
Only the Russian voice did it. Probably the worst and most unnecessary piece of characterization in the series. Even worse than Shaundi.
>>
>>384468037

Only female voice nr 2 was like that. Check SR wiki for few missions scripts, each of male and female voices present slightly different character.

>>384467813

Like mentioned before, customization cuts were minimal in fact. Lack of socks and few sliders in editor? Really?

Normally I would expect people to dislike the game for gameplay but turns out that minor things are what important, not the fun or good gameplay.

And many missions in SR2 were way too short and only half being proper, interesting ones.
>>
>>384468283
>And many missions in SR2 were way too short and only half being proper, interesting ones.

Still more than SR3 where most of the story missions were just side missions with a voiceover by Hulk Hogan.
>>
>>384461948
Gameplay and graphically SR2 is worse in every way, but the story and overall tone is far better than SR3, which was a weird, wacky satirical load of garbage that was fun, but impossible to ever take seriously.
>>
How did we go from this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URsILUzP3uc

to le pop culture, dubstep, dildos and fart jokes xD
>>
>>384468524

>most

Not really:

http://saintsrow.wikia.com/wiki/Missions_in_Saints_Row%3A_The_Third

29 real missions vs 14 activity missions. "Hurr, activities are now real missions" is more like meme from bitter SR2 fans.

>>384468569

>but impossible to ever take seriously

That was the point. One big parody of video games and genre in general, designed for pure fun.
>>
>>384468632
New team while the old team quits
>>
>>384468632
Yahzee actually had a good point when he said that the wacky moments in SR2 were made even better by the juxtaposition with the serious moments.

>>384468929
>That was the point
We get it, it's just not funny.
>>
I miss psycho boss
>>
>>384468632
Damn that burying alive still gives me chills. cutscenes in sr2 were so fucking good. also carlos death was fucked up.
>>
>>384468929
That's fine, just don't call it Saints Row, because it wasn't Saints Row, it was a parody of a sequel and should have been a completely original game.

I wanted to see the Saints go corporate, Shaundi break down under the pressure of her new life, Johnny Gat growing increasingly sick of the shit that's gone down in his life, Dex getting what was coming to him, but we didn't, instead we got cheaply written satire.

Which was fun, but far, far too much. It ruined the greater potential for the series.
>>
>>384467813

what the fuck are you talking about, soundtrack was decent
but i agree about sidemissions being put into the main storyline, it was just plain terrible

>>384461078

let me explain how i felt about this whole deal, OP, and how probably most of the /v/ feels

SR3 had great execution and implementation, wasn't a clunky mess of a shitty ported game and had more or less decent graphics, but SR2 did everything else much, much better
SR2 had proper amounts of wack and seriousness
>>
File: Agents-of-Mayhem-Pic-2.jpg (121KB, 1280x400px) Image search: [Google]
Agents-of-Mayhem-Pic-2.jpg
121KB, 1280x400px
Sooo...
>>
>>384468632
It's because the story shifted focus from Gat to the player character. The player can be and act like anything, so the story would have to be a vague epic plot with quirky shit everywhere to keep them entertained.
Probably a really bad decision on Volition's part.
>>
File: SR3upgrades.png (879KB, 1600x901px) Image search: [Google]
SR3upgrades.png
879KB, 1600x901px
Anyone else like to keep a 100% save file in sandbox games, just to go back once in awhile and mess around?

But in SR3, to have 100% you need to buy all skills, which includes ones that make you invulnerable to all damage except melee, so you'll never be able to have fun shootouts again because you're fucking Superman. Bravo, THQ!
>>
>>384462774
or saints row 1

neither did the ps3
>>
>>384469206

Psycho boss made me seriously consider dropping SR2 several times. I dont see the point in burning Maero face for no reason, of burning hand of that rock guy after he gives up info he had and such. Devs noted that too, hence the few choices in SR3.

>>384469250

>It ruined the greater potential for the series

Do we really needed another GTA deadly serious clone?
>>
>>384469618
In SR4 the damage reduction skills stop at 75%.
So in the game where you DON'T have superpowers you end up more powerful, gameplay wise, than in the one where you do.
>>
>>384469651
Because it was totally a deadly serious GTA clone.

Saints Row was a perfect balance of wacky and serious, SR3's gameplay with SR2's story and tone would have been a perfect blend.

And look around, do you see anything rivalling GTA right now? No, because Saints Row killed that possibility by going off the deep end.
>>
>>384469562
Technically not another SR game, but was during development.
Not sure why they changed it. Maybe because they want SR5 to bring the world back to some semblance of sanity? Agents of mayhem sure isn't that. Maybe because SR4 was a real piece of shit and the brand is forever stained? I'd take it at that, but who really knows?
>>
>>384469534

>Let me explain - SR3 makes everything better but SR2 is better

Hue.

>>384469562

No customization at all, no buy. Also, Denuvo.

>>384469618

"Clean" save aka after last mission in SR3 isnt very good to have fun, due to how bridges are rised and AI dont take a note and simply drive into water. Its better to keep save from before STAG Part mission or that aircraft blowing one.
>>
>>384469651
>Psycho boss made me seriously consider dropping SR2 several times
Really? I think their unhinged behavior was fucking hilarious. Hell, using the fucking barkeeper as meat shield made me go YOOOOOO.
I guess it really depends on the presentation because Boss does some crazy shit in 3&4 and it didn't hit the same nerve.
>>
>>384461078
SR2 had better writing, funny moments, and game content.
SR3 had a more modern control scheme and grafix, but by the time it was over, I was like...is that it?

SR4/SR3 are super forced. None of the game is remotely challenge. It's just capitalizing on all the great shit SR2 got the series known for.
>>
>>384469949
Is there not just a mod that lets us set certain flags like "bridges down" and "Daedelus still in the air"?
>>
File: squeenixed.jpg (185KB, 635x423px) Image search: [Google]
squeenixed.jpg
185KB, 635x423px
>>384469860
Pic related was breddy gud.
Sequel coming never-ever.
>>
File: 1488429452913.jpg (122KB, 524x469px) Image search: [Google]
1488429452913.jpg
122KB, 524x469px
>>384470176
A man of tastes. Easily one of the strongest GTA style games.
>>
>>384470176
It was okay, but it was mostly just the setting that made it stand out.

Gameplay was pretty lackluster. Especially the driving, I mean Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>384470176
I found the combat to be an incredibly disappointing, clunky clone of the Arkham style, which bothered the hell out of me.

Shadow of Mordor did it right, so did Mad Max, but Sleeping Dogs failed in that regard and I couldn't stomach it.
>>
>>384469860

No, it didnt had. SR2 had little wacky elements, I would say it was 20% wacky, 40% serious and 40% unessesary violence.

>>384469873

>Not sure why they changed it

No customization and pre-made characters, along with guiding group of agents against criminal mastermind? People would be only confused if this would be called SR5. Plus, universe reset, so again, reviewers and players would expect it forming link with previous games, now everything can and should be treated as shout-out without worry that it will interfere with backstory.

>Maybe because SR4 was a real piece of shit

It wasnt, even reviewers liked it. The point is, new bosses at Deep Silver were mentioning at one point that they were considered making new SR "more like GTA" aka serious and dark but due to conflicting with SR3 and 4, they probably decided to start anew.
>>
>>384470335
Mad Max was rad, but it was actually the vehicle combat and customization that let it down. You had all these options for your car but everything was a straight upgrade, so they all looked the same in the end. And some of them were locked behind dumb missions that you would never finish until you already unlocked the better option.

Vehicle combat was just too simplistic though, none of the awesome jumping around vehicle to vehicle like in Fury Road.
>>
>>384470334
>I'm too bad to drift
YOU fuck off nigga
>>384470335
>Arkham style
>When there's specific hit combos that have different functions, you get more skills as time goes on, and need to know at least roughly what moves work best against which enemies

Why are people always so quick to jump down this games throat and look for nonissues.
>>
>>384470141

No idea, I didnt use mods in SR 3.
>>
>Now that I play SR3, I find it much, MUCH better.
You have poor taste.
>>
>>384469949

>Let me explain - SR3 makes everything better but SR2 is better

no, you fuckshit
if SR2 was made now, it would have been a much, much better game
all SR3 does better it owes to general advance of technology and to not being a failed port, but not to actually being a better game with better story and details and gameplay
>>
>>384461078
just wait until you're done with everything in SR3
its an empty wasteland
i can still play SR2 even if i completed everything the game
>>
>>384470501
Come on man, I like the game but you can't seriously be defending the driving right now, right?
>>
>>384470501
It's not about the combo system, it's about how it felt to play, and it felt clunky and stiff. I hated it.

And I'm with the other guy, the driving was fucking pathetic.

These aren't non issues, the driving was sub par, the combat was clunky and it made for a less than stellar experience that many were turned off by.

>>384470437
Exactly, that 20% was perfect, and the unnecessary violence was related.
>>
>>384469839
and a vampire
>>
>>384470639
There's literally nothing wrong with the driving. Needing to drift to hit sharp turns is not something wrong with the driving.
>>
>>384470437
Perfect balance doesn't mean 50/50, retard.
>>
>>384470728
>It's not about the combo system, it's about how it felt to play, and it felt clunky and stiff. I hated it.
Excellent specifics you have there, faggot.

>I dont like
>What are your reasons
>It FEEEEEEEELS bad
Fuck. Off.
>>
File: 1473655603430.png (115KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
1473655603430.png
115KB, 500x387px
>>384470768
>needing to drift to hit sharp turns

Or any turns at all fucking lmao
>>
Maybe the game is haunted, OP.
>>
>>384470848
>I know what will convince people that I'm right about Sleeping Dogs sucking
>I'll demonstrate how little I understand about the game for the entire thread to see.
>>
>>384469969
It probably because he acts like Deadpool in those games.
>>
>>384470950
Okay I'll just be over here with the entire rest of the world who thinks the driving sucks. Shine on you crazy diamond.
>>
>>384470782

It doesnt have to be, but I would prefer 25% serious, 25% unessesary violence and 50% wacky.
>>
File: 1408688431903.jpg (78KB, 300x263px) Image search: [Google]
1408688431903.jpg
78KB, 300x263px
>>384471040
>Every Sleeping Dogs thread on /v/ is filled with people who love the game and ONE(1) anon screaming about the driving
>Nobody ever pays him any mind and just tells him to fuck off and drift more
>Ill just be over here with the entire rest of the world
Oh boy, mainstream gaming forums and reviewers, what excellent company you keep anon.
>>
>>384470828
Sorry mate, next time I'll read a picture book with you so your pretty little head doesn't hurt.

Feel is 90% of gameplay, you can instantly feel if a game has shitty mouse acceleration, and I can instantly feel if a game is clunky and sluggish, the camera, fighting, switching targets and grappling were all painful to deal with, and the inability to remap my controls was criminal.
>>
>>384471135
Fuck what you prefer, the series died for a reason after it went too hard on the whacky shit.
>>
File: 1395795412458.jpg (49KB, 616x699px) Image search: [Google]
1395795412458.jpg
49KB, 616x699px
>>384471173
>GTA style games on a keyboard
>>
File: 1495680291345.jpg (21KB, 324x211px) Image search: [Google]
1495680291345.jpg
21KB, 324x211px
>>384471147
I already told you I like the game, and I'm pretty sure everyone else who likes it can also admit the driving sucks.

>That one faggot that has to stalwartly defend every facet of anything he likes because he's a massive cock gobbling fanboy
>Says other people are "screaming" about the driving
>>
>>384471273
I played it on the Xbox One fuckface, and if I played it on PC I'd use a controller.

I was making a comparative point.
>>
>>384471173
t. Took 10 minutes looking into PC issues of the game online because just like every faggot who complains about """feel""" he's not actually complaining about anything quantifiable game mechanics that are responsible for game feel. He's just looking for a way to make criticisms without being able to be scrutinized himself.
>>
>>384471190

It only died because THQ died you moron.
>>
>>384471273
>You can't remap controls on a gamepad

Get a load of this pussy that never played Timesplitters!
>>
File: steam controller.jpg (175KB, 1245x700px) Image search: [Google]
steam controller.jpg
175KB, 1245x700px
>>384471483
>You can't remap controls on a gamepad
Works on my machine :^)
>>
>>384471383
But Anon GTA games were ALWAYS better on PC with a typewriter and rodent.
>>
>>384471473
Except the games are developed by Volition who was bought out by Deep Silver and went on to make Gat Out Of Hell and now Agents of Mayhem, you giant fucking retarded asshole.
>>
>>384471273

I tried playing SR2 on xbox pad. While driving was better due to sensitivity, aiming and shooting was terrible, up to the point that I was frequently switching to mouse aiming at important moments, because gamepad couldnt offer me same precision.

I tried playing SR3 on gamepad as well and keyboard and mouse was MUCH more comfortable.
>>
>>384471597
SR2 didn't have an sensitivity when driving, you liar. That's why it had the cruise control button.
>>
>>384471457
I played it on the Xbox One, with a controller.
>>
>>384464614
You're playing the PC port I take it?
>>
>>384471574

And Deep Silver made them do SR4 and later just continue to use their skills and mark, simply naming new game differently, since its too much different. Deep Silver notied that they wanted to make SR5 at some point but darker and serious, much more like GTA clone than original game, around GTA V popularity but simply picked different direction for now.

Cunt.
>>
>>384471523
Steam now has support for all controllers. It's pretty nice to play shitty ports or keyboard only games with it.
>>
File: EhFPipciEWWGqiTmk8XC3J.jpg (401KB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
EhFPipciEWWGqiTmk8XC3J.jpg
401KB, 1920x1090px
Is this Crackdown 3?
>>
Can anyone admit they like Steelport more than they did Stillwater? Steelport was such a boring fucking setting to play in, at least until the STAG carrier showed up and shit started hitting the fan.
>>
>>384471857

No it's probably gonna be shit

Seriously what the fuck are they thinking with AoM
>>
>>384471597
I play GTA style games on the Steam Controller because it gives me aiming precision and proper driving and shit at the same time.
>>
>>384461672
/thread
>>
>>384471668

Then why when I was moving stick to left or right, car was more smoothly reacting to input and when I was pressing A or D, it would right away do 90 deg turn?

I describe my own experience. Driving was completely fucked in PC version of SR2.

>>384471723

Of course. I dont own any stationary consoles.
>>
>>384471773
Everything you say is wrong and I can only assume you're a fucking child which is why you think SR3 is good.
>>
>>384471914

It have touch part, right?
>>
>>384471878

Steelport is easily one of the worst open-world locations I've played in. It made me appreciate just how nice Stillwater is (in SR2 anyways, never played 1).
>>
>>384472053

Calm down son, you dont have to "win" any argumentation in internet.
>>
>>384472092

Funny, I felt the opposite. Driving around in Steelport was plesant, driving around in SR2 was meh.
>>
>>384472092
It's even weirder that they rehashed the same city 3 fucking times, with each subsequent iteration being even more boring than the last.
>>
>>384472092
>Kept hoping for a return to Stillwater
>They fucking cocktease you with the bridge scene
>Never get to go back
It hurt.

>>384472132
Apology accepted, retard.
>>
>>384472281

3 times? When was the third time? I thought Gat out of Hell was set in a new area?
>>
>>384472062
You're gonna need to be more specific idk what you mean anon
>>
>>384471857
At least the graphics is better. I hope driving or vehicle physics is madly improved, more enemies to shoot. I don't mind the stronk-women image as long the gameplay is good. If its like battleborn sjw-all-meme-no-formula tier then fuck it.
>>
>>384472317

Actually, it was you who abandoned everything to call me a child because I dont share your point of view. Face it, you dont really have arguments and think that calling me like that will solve the problem. It wont. I won.
>>
File: Carlos.gif (1017KB, 500x205px) Image search: [Google]
Carlos.gif
1017KB, 500x205px
SR2 had real feels and felt grounded while still containing plenty of crazy antics.

SR3 is nothing but LOLMEMES throughout.

It's like 4chan versus reddit.
>>
>>384468632
>Get up.
>Enjoy your retirement, Matt.
>When you check the trunk, just remember you should have offered me something better than 20 percent.
I was really surprised by how dark SR2 could get at times.
>>
>>384472527

SR3 did have a SR2-esque moment in the Killbane ending. Think that was the only time it approached the tone of SR2.
>>
>>384472415

No, Hell was just Steelport, only smaller. Remember, it was supposed to be DLC for IV, but Deep Silver decided otherwise.
>>
File: 1486815864663.jpg (56KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486815864663.jpg
56KB, 960x720px
>>384472524
>bro you dont have to win
>I won tho xD

Yeah, at the point you just started making shit up and completely failed to understand how developers and publishers work it kind of gives you away as underage. Seriously, you said Saints Row died because THQ died. I mean damn son, how do you even be that retarded?
>>
>>384472737
But wasn't IV supposed to be DLC for III too? Does that mean III has gotten two extensions?
>>
File: 1491277256379.png (178KB, 283x270px) Image search: [Google]
1491277256379.png
178KB, 283x270px
>>384472736
Only problem was Killbane's hostages were Shaundi and Viola, two people I wanted to die anyway. It was a win/win for me.
>>
>>384472092
>>384471878
Stillwater had
>a prison island with a fight club activity
>secret underground lab
>wheat field on the outskirts with a drive in cinema
>underground cave system
>futuristic portion of the city
>ghetto projects
>marina
>japantown
>industrial areas
>airport
>suburban residential area
>a mall
>sea monster bones out in the ocean
Probably shitloads more that I'm forgetting

I can't recall as much variety in Steelport. The entire city was just an ugly blob of industrial areas, suburban areas and commercial areas. The military base and the STAG helicarrier were the only neat shit.

>>384472415
Uses some of the same assets and style of Steelport except with ruin and fire on them. The city itself still ended up a boring blob like Steelport only half the size.
>>
>>384472737

>No, Hell was just Steelport, only smaller

Jesus christ how horrifying
>>
>>384472765

I only pointed out that SR3 was not the reason why series had problems but THQ financial problems. How is your reading
comprehension?

>>384472830

It was, but THQ went down, Deep Silver bought studio and decided to release IV as separate game. Hell was in production after that and once again, it was decided to release it separately.
>>
>>384472832

>Only problem was Killbane's hostages were Shaundi and Viola, two people I wanted to die anyway.

Yeah that's true, I fucking hated Shaundi in 3. An incessant bitch throughout the game, but strangely the only person who seemed to give a shit about Gat's death.
>>
>>384473031

http://saintsrow.wikia.com/wiki/New_Hades for more infomation.
>>
>>384461078
Because its fucking shit brah
>>
>>384473179
I have to give them credit for that at least because in many ways Shaundi's change represented the change in the game itself. Abandoning any semblance of real values to embrace vapid pop culture garbage.
>>
>>384461078
People just cant get over it when a series changes tone this dramatically. SR2 was a relatively serious game while SR3 was not so much. If you'll notice, everyone whining about SR3 is whining about the change in personality of characters, the story, the memes or something like that.

SR3 was an objectively better game. Driving felt better, the game was smoother, and generally everything was improved over SR2. Whether you agree with the direction they took with the plot and setting is a different matter entirely.
>>
>>384473271
But dude dildo bat xD
>>
>>384473409
I never agree when a sequel has less content than previous games in the series. Just stick to what you have and build on it instead of trying to reinvent the wheel.

It's like my father used to say, "You dance with who brought you".
>>
>>384473409

>SR3 was an objectively better game

I mean, it had more polish in combat, driving and graphics, but beyond that it was a (at times significant) step back in most regards to 2.
>>
>>384473409
Customization was worse. Much, much worse. The cityscape, which is a HUGE part of an open game, was also worse and far less entertaining to explore.

And the driving, gunplay etc in 3 felt very arcadey and had little weight or momentum to it. I didn't think it was a strong point of 2 but I didn't enjoy it in 3 either.
>>
>>384473409
Driving and gunplay were better but you also had to deal with less customisation options, less mission variety, side missions being passed off as story missions, less activities in general, less stores, a worse city with less variety in addition to whether you hate the new direction it took overall. It's a case of one step forward, two steps back.
>>
>>384473598
That's retarded logic. So if one game has something all future games for all eternity must have it as well? That just means that every game you make becomes increasingly difficult to make and full of bloat.
>>
>>384473823
If it's a sequel, then sure it should. Why should you settle for a sequel with less content and features than previous entries? Because the graphics are better and the driving and shooting is improved slightly?
>>
>Devs finally did unique game instead of GTA SA clone.

i've no idea why people keep parroting this

if sr2 is a gta clone then sr3 certainly isn't any less of one
>>
>>384473409
too bad the world in SR3 is fucking lifeless
>>
>>384473823
If only they could come up with something that people wouldn't have any expectations or attachments to, like maybe something with a different name? Or maybe different characters?

What would they call that? I dunno, I'm sure they can come up with something.
>>
>>384473717
>>384473774

Why everytime somebody syas that SR2 was better inother aspects than story or atmoshpere, it feel like if they are talking about their ex girlfriends? I mean, going full nostalgia?

Like the mentioned "activities as missions" argument. Its frequently mentioned when in actual game, "activity missions" are 1/3 of total missions count, with 2/3 being actual scripted missions.

Or that "much worse customization", when in reality, it only had just few less options but their love makes them blind from reality.
>>
>>384473823
If it's a feature the people like then yeah, it should definitely stay.
If it sucks, get rid of it (looking at you, Tower Defense in AC Revelations).
>>
>>384473939
>If it's a sequel, then sure it should.
No, it absolutely shouldn't. If you want a game with all the content of the previous game plus more that's called a fucking expansion pack. Sequels are new games entirely.
>>
>>384474113

>Its frequently mentioned when in actual game, "activity missions" are 1/3 of total missions count

*Only* a third, wowzers.
>>
>>384474025
Are you attempting to imply that they should change the entire setting of SR3, create an entirely whole new world and cast of characters just because it doesn't have a few of the same mission types that the previous game in the series had? You're fucking retarded, dude.
>>
>>384474308

29 scripted missions vs 14 activity missions. But I guess that you dislike SR3 by default and nothing will change it.
>>
>>384461078
SR2 is easily the best, but the PC port is a goddamn disgrace. Go play the console version and stop whining about problems that only exist because of shit porting.
>>
>>384474397

Not him but seriously? Making third game in slightly changed Stillwater, with same of everything would be much greater idea? Maybe only for small group of diehard fanatics.
>>
>>384461078
Steelport is fucking AWFUL bland as shit, and soulless
The story went to utter shit
The new villains and enemy gangs are shit
The side activities/diversions were gutted, reduced in number, and overall shit compared to previous games
le ebin lolsorandumb humour was just lame as fuck
radio sucked donkey balls compared to both SR1 and 2
>>
>>384474473

I mean I don't dislike SR3 "by default", I dislike it because I played it and think its a shitty game.

Ok if I'm being generous I'd say it's at best medicore, but that's as far as I go

Also you can't replay those 29 missions. sucks
>>
>>384474490

I dont have a console and say what I see. Argument sounds kinda like "but you can mod it".
>>
>>384474621
I don't think they wanted to make a game for a small group of people. Judging from the massive increase in popularity of the series because of SR3, they probably made the right decision.
>>
>>384474397
No I'm saying if they want to make a different kind of game they should just make a different game. Obviously their plan isn't working since Saints Row is now a failed series that no one gives a fuck about with only retards like you to defend it.
>>
>>384474113
How is it fine to have 1/3 of the total missions being activities? SR3 even has less total main missions than SR2 had. SR3 had less customisation options than SR2 which had less customisation options than SR. Getting rid of layered clothing was a huge mistake but at least SR2 added in a lot in the sense of being able to customise your gang's hideout, looks and cars, your animations, your fighting style, etc.

>>384474237
Wait so sequels shouldn't continue what is already established in the franchise? Why not make a new IP entirely? Weird how the rest of the industry seems to be doing the whole sequel thing wrong all this while. I guess I'll just avoid all future SR games, there's nothing stopping them from having fewer content. May as well stick to SR2.
>>
>>384474861
They did make a different game.
>>
>>384474775
>massive increase in popularity because of SR3

Don't forget the massive decrease in popularity right after it lol
>>
>>384474949
Only after two shit sequels and an especially shitty standalone DLC abortion ruined the Saints Row name forever. Spoiler alert: Agents of Mayhem is going to fail too.
>>
>>384474621
The change in stilwater between sr1 and 2 was pretty big. plus they added new islands and shit. More importantly there were memorable areas/landmarks that were either carried over or otherwise addressed.

Sure SR3 should have had a different map and newer setting, but Steelport being miserable dogshit is just the icing on the case to a fucktonne of other design problems with that game. They just dropped the ball on damn near every imaginable aspect of that game.
>>
>>384474907
>Wait so sequels shouldn't continue what is already established in the franchise?
Of course they should, but they don't need to take absolutely fucking everything. Sequels should take what is best from previous game games and add new and interesting content. Suggesting that because it existed in previous games it MUST exist in all future games is insanity.
>>
I love the gameplay for SR3, but
>world
>customization
>story
>weapon variety
>characters
>easter eggs

Were all shit compared to SR2. SR4 was a step in the right direction though.

But now they're doing AoM which looks like an absolute trainwreck (seriously, no fucking co-op even?) and I think Volition is going to get liquidated with it.

Sad.
>>
>>384468632
>Get up.
>please stop!
>Get up.
Gat was fucking terrifying in this scene. notice how even the boss doesn't say a word and just watches on in silence.
damn this series used to be so good.
>>
>>384475152
Exactly, add content. Not take out content leaving you with a less compelling game than the previous game. In fact, you've made me realise that SR3, overall, made itself even more like a typical GTA clone than SR1 and 2 was. The first game had a novel idea of creating your own character in an open world game. SR2 then took that idea several leaps forward by including gang customisation, fighting style customisation, more clothing articles, voice choices, car customisation, etc. Then they made SR3 which was just GTA with novel weapons with less customisation options than SR1.

But apparently that's how sequels are done in this franchise. You take content out instead of building up what works and adding more good shit.
>>
>>384475469
>SR4 was a step in the right direction
are you joking? they basically took everything people hated and hammered it up 100% the game is basically a bad parody of what saints row is supposed to be. terrible game.
>>
File: 1493111211001.jpg (35KB, 696x423px) Image search: [Google]
1493111211001.jpg
35KB, 696x423px
>>384475152
>Saints Row drops a bunch of shit between SR2 and SR3, fails and dies
>Grand Theft Auto removes a few things but adds a fuckload more between GTAIV and GTAV, record breaking success
>MGSV drops a bunch of shit from previous games, fails and is forgotten, series dies so hard it's not even worth being milked by Konami
>Fallout New Vegas keeps pretty much everything from FO3 while refining it and adding a bunch of new shit, most people consider it the best modern Fallout
>Fallout 4 removes a bunch of shit from previous games, even braindead normies think it's a piece of shit

Noticing a pattern here?
>>
>>384475469
>SR4 was a step in the right direction

dude fragments lmao
>>
>Gat Out Of Hell
>Have angel wings
>Can't even fly

Final nail in the coffin for this series right there.
>>
>>384475732
>>384475850
Personally I felt like if they were going to go crazy with SR they should go balls to the walls, and they did with 4.

Plus some scenes (Earth getting destroyed, the entire arc with Gat) were feelsy like Carlos in 2.
>>
>>384475730
The entire game is new content. Instead of appreciating the game you bitch and moan that it doesn't have the exact content you wish it did. If you want a specific mission from SR2 then fucking fire up SR2 and play it. Don't pretend like a sequel somehow negates every previous game in the series and renders them unplayable.
>>
I'd compare them, but SR2 runs like shit on my pc, even with the patches installed that everyone recommends.
>>
>>384476535
>Why don't you appreciate this turd on your plate? It's just as good as the steak you just had. Want to buy a season pass for some fart gas and dried poo nuggets?
>>
>>384476535

>Instead of appreciating the game

Why would I appreciate a bad game, tho
>>
>>384476535
I have to pay for the product. If it has less content than the previous game in the series then hell yeah I'm gonna bitch and moan. It's not some sort of gift that the devs so gracefully bestowed upon me. I bought that shit and will criticise its flaws as I see fit.
>Don't pretend like a sequel somehow negates every previous game in the series and renders them unplayable.
I haven't which is why I still play SR2 to this day.
>>
>>384476725
>literal shitposting
>>
>>384476732
Because it's not a bad game. The actual gameplay is superior to SR2 in just about every way.
>>
3 was horribly paced, it escalated too quickly - you go from jumping out of an airplane, raiding a military base and parachuting into a penthouse right at the start of the game. Everything after that was really tame, save for the climax. 2 was mere evenly paced, the tension growing with each successive faction mission.

Steelport is also one of the dullest open worlds ever created. And fuck 'em for killing Gat, what the hell were they thinking.
>>
>>384474701
>Argument sounds kinda like "but you can mod it".
You are a retard.
>>
>>384477107
>Because it's not a bad game.

With a setting as bad as Steelport, I don't see how it could not be a bad game, not to mention the lack of content and poor story/characters.
>>
>>384477107
yea it's better but it's not massively different and it doesn't matter if everything else in the game is literal shit. there's nothing motivating you to play at all.
>>
>>384477348
>muh story and characters

Fuck off already.
>>
>>384477137
>it escalated too quickly - you go from jumping out of an airplane, raiding a military base and parachuting into a penthouse right at the start of the game.

Actually fucking this.

It was idiotic that the fucking TUTORIAL had you RAIDING A MILITARY BASE.

They shouldn't have done what they did with the Saints, they should have been a smaller gang still.
>>
>>384477467

They are pretty bad though, especially Shaudi.
>>
>>384461732
How is playing as a woman gay again?
>>
>>384477467
Why? you're making it out as if the gameplay is amazing. nobody plays saints row for the fucking gameplay.
>>
>>384477467
>lack of content
>1/3 of missions are activities
>less customisation options
>shitty as fuck city
Plenty of reasons to shit on SR3.

>>384477491
>>384477137
>big bad comes in threatening the Saints
>fuck your entire outfit up
>kill him 6 missions in
>>
File: SaintsRowIVpisa.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SaintsRowIVpisa.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>384461078
You'll shit pants when you see Saints Row IV. It's by far the best of SR and one of the best open world action games ever made, but predictably /v/ hates it.
>>
>I couldnt sympathise with character at all
>enforcing endless circle of re-venge and mutilating people for little or no reason
Do you not understand how gang warfare works and why it was such a problem in the U.S.?
But really, SR2 is praised for being a slightly more down-to-earth representation of the "streets" but whenever they try to take the game seriously they fail hard. It's almost like a team of white dudes wrote a story about all the things they don't understand.
>>
>>384476778
Fallout 1 and 2 were my favorite games growing up. I think Fallout 3 and 4 are objectively worse in many ways, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying them. 3 and 4 do not replace 1 and 2, nor does their existence negatively impact my feelings about 1 and 2. I'm in the same boat as you in that regard, I suppose. The only difference between us is that I don't go in to Fallout 4 threads just to shit things up and whine that it isn't everything I ever dreamed of.
>>
>>384477639
because its empty as fuck just like SR3
>>
Saints Row 3 killed off Gat.

That should be more than enough reason to dislike it if you're a true Saints Row fan.
>>
>>384470176
A movie adaptation is in development, so I wouldn't be surprised if they make a sequel. No idea who would make it though.
>>
>>384477636

>kill him 6 missions in

I still don't get this, he was the only remotely interesting villain. I guess it subverts the cliche to kill the big bad 1/3 of the way into the story, but then you're just left with some scrawny hacker kid and a wrestler.

I guess there's also Cyrus later on but he's just an evil military dude
>>
>>384477719

>it if you're a true Saints Row fan

When you put it like that, it sounds like insult.

In such gase, Im glad NOT to be "true fan" and actualyl enjoy improved gameplay and pure fun. Since video games should be all about fun in first place.

>>384477650

Im not from US.
>>
>>384477697
>The only difference between us is that I don't go in to Fallout 4 threads just to shit things up and whine that it isn't everything I ever dreamed of.
Pretty sure the OP was asking why anons enjoyed SR2 more than 3. Am I somehow not allowed to express my opinions simply because I disagree with the OP's opinion? Are only circlejerks allowed on /v/ now somehow? If anyone starts an FO4 thread asking for opinions on the game, are only positive opinions allowed and criticisms mean the thread is shat up?

Fuck off mate.
>>
>>384477639
I honestly didn't even finish it. felt like a bad copy of infamous or prototype. the story and dialogue was so bad and cringe worthy.
gameplay was le easy mode superpowers, and the missions were god awful. i got bored after a few hours. it was an even worse disappointment than SR3.
>>
>>384477719
i never got why this series has such a boner for gat
he's a good a character and all
but there's no need shove him into everything
the worst crime of all SR3 did was making the boss a good guy
>>
>>384477903
>pure fun
i found SR2 a lot more fun and interesting you don't need to be fucking superman to have fun.
>>
>>384477875
What a weird thing to do. There are already plenty of Asian undercover cop stories with martial arts fights, making a movie adaptation of a game that uses movie tropes is just redundant as fuck.
>>
File: saints-row-iv-zinyak.jpg (926KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
saints-row-iv-zinyak.jpg
926KB, 1920x1080px
>>384477983
>the story and dialogue was so bad and cringe worthy
Wrong
>>384477708
It's just a background anyway. It's not treated as anything more in SR4 so it works.
>>
>>384477903
Yeah I kind of gathered. For gangs it was hard to stop that circle of violence when all you can think about is "they just killed my friend/family member and got away with it".
>>
>>384461078
Saints Row 4: President Edition>GTA 5>Saints Row 3

Every other Saints Row is literally unoriginal garbage
>>
>>384477952
I don't like Fallout 3 as much as 2 but I can name a dozen things I like or that it did better. You have only ever shit on SR3 for the entire thread. Are you incapable of appreciating games if there are a smaller number of missions or a smaller number of clothing options? Does that render the entire game unplayable garbage? Most people who are fans of a series when asked about a subpar sequel can say things like "Well I liked this part, but I thought this other part was lacking". You're not a Saints Row fan, you're just a shitposter spewing hate.
>>
>>384468569
why the fuck do you need to take a GTA clone seriously you retard?
>>
>>384478215
>It's just a background anyway. It's not treated as anything more in SR4 so it works.
which is why both of these games are shit
you should be able to interact with the world
>>
>>384478263
This
>>
>>384478215
>>384478256
>unironically defending this garbage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KurnE-OAPk
>>
>>384478263

>Most people who are fans of a series when asked about a subpar sequel can say things like "Well I liked this part, but I thought this other part was lacking"

I can say this about some parts of SR3, but in the end my opinion is still "SR3 is shit"
>>
>>384478263
Sorry mate, doesn't work. I've already mentioned before that I appreciate the better driving, gunplay and graphics as well as the STAG helicarrier and military base being interesting locations. But were these enough to make me rank SR3 higher than SR2? No. Does it make me prefer playing SR3 to SR2? No. I don't mind not being a SR fan, I don't give a shit about having some title or allegiance like that. I'd rather just have good games to play.
>>
>>384478338
You do. By smashing everything. If you want to walk around neigboorhoods and do drive by on niggers get another game.
>>
>>384478256
SR4 is legit one of the worst games i've ever played.
>>
>>384478534
You have a stick up your ass if you can't enjoy a perfectly corny ending dance off. More games should be this self aware.
>>
>>384478534
thats one part the rest of the game trumps the other Saints Row games in every way..the actual gameplay is fun
>>
>>384478721
A game can't be self-aware of being corny shit unless it actually is corny shit. Which SR4 is.
>>
>>384478618
>You do. By smashing everything.

epic xD smash that awesome button
>>
>>384478618
This. just forget SR3 and IV ever happened and just go back to SR2, a much better game.
>>
>>384478721
fucking hell reddit has truly arrived.
>>
What's your favorite sing-along moment?
>>
>>384478781
thats the entire point of the game nobody liked the psuedo GTA that was Saints Row 1 and 2 which is why they switched it up and made it less serious and more self aware. But hey you like clunky shooting and movement controls so you opinion really doesnt mean shit
>>
>>384461948
>I like virtual dressing up too.
i would say you cant be this gay, but you are on 4chan
>>
>>384478618
this is exactly why SR2 is better than its sequels
it actually has an immersive world
>>
>>384478534
A team of people animated this.
>>
>>384478781
>>384478787
You genuinely can't understand this game. Move on.
>>
>>384478984
>nobody liked
yes that's why SR2 is overwhelmingly rated the best of the franchise.
>>
ive only played sr3 and sr4 but i never finished sr4 :l got me bored pretty quick with the matrix shit
>>
>>384479132
SR2 is shit.
>>
>>384478984
It's still hilarious how SR3 played the most like GTA while SR4 just became a Crackdown clone. Yet these fucks are trying their damnedest to convince anons that SR3 and 4 are somehow original as fuck.
>>
File: 1482721105238.gif (3MB, 355x201px) Image search: [Google]
1482721105238.gif
3MB, 355x201px
>>384479132
by who contrarian shitters on /v/?
>>
File: SaintsRow45.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SaintsRow45.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>384478938
I'm sure redditors hate it though. They have the same mindset as you.
>>
>>384478984
Considering how 3 and 4 literally killed the franchise I don't know where the fuck you get off acting as if you can claim "nobody liked" SR1 and 2

If you were actually 18+ you would know that 1 had a cult following and 2 represented the peak in terms of popularity, acclaim, and potential for the franchise. Too bad they pissed it all away by listening to the minority who were in it for EPIK DILDO WEAPONSZ above all else
>>
>>384478984
Pretty much everyone likes SR2 the most except for you reddit tier retards. There's a reason the series is dead.
>>
>>384479318
reddit loves le epic wacky meta humor though
>>
>>384479268
indeed I said Saints Row 3 was at least a little enjoyable but still fails to do stuff GTA does so good. But Saints Row 1 and 2 couldnt even come close to the quality that was San Andreas or Vice City
>>
File: 1491777761345.gif (344KB, 400x221px) Image search: [Google]
1491777761345.gif
344KB, 400x221px
>>384479343
>bringing up my age as if that helps your argument at all
Try harder anon

>>384479370
the series is dead because they are making Agents of Mayhem
>>
>>384479391
Most of SR4 refences are too obscure for redditard audience.
>>
>anthony burch was in SR4
this is exactly why SR4 is dogshit
>>
>>384479541
>the series is dead because they are making Agents of Mayhem

That's an effect, not a cause.
>>
>>384479286
Even if we're going by user scores on metacritic, SR2 is rated higher than SR3. If we're not, then what should we base it on? Anecdotal reviews? If so, my friends prefer SR2 to SR3 as well.
>>
File: 1494531316131.jpg (382KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1494531316131.jpg
382KB, 1024x1536px
>>384461948
Playing as a female is fine, but your boss looks like a dude, so that's gay yo.
>>
>>384479370
I played and liked every single SR game (except GOoH). The best by far are 2 and 4, which people bash constantly.
>>384479343
Just proves how underage you really are.
>>
>>384479401
Nah, SR1 and 2 were way more enjoyable than SR3. They all failed to be GTA but at least SR 1 and 2 were doing their own thing with extensive customisation options.
>>
SR2>SR1>dogshit>SR3>SR4
>>
>>384479660
dont fucking lie to me anon
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/saints-row-2
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/saints-row-the-third
>>
>>384479660
>Saints Row 2
>82 on PS3 (best rated version)
>Saints Row IV
>86 on PC
>>
>>384479849
>Using the PC version

You aren't as clever as you think you are.
>>
>>384479849
Are you seriously going to sit there and provide the link for the metacritic of the broken ass PC port?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/saints-row-2
http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/saints-row-2
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/saints-row-the-third
http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/saints-row-the-third
>>
>>384479849

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/saints-row-2
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/saints-row-the-third

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/saints-row-2
http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/saints-row-the-third

I see what you did there, though
>>
File: ripinpepperoni.jpg (337KB, 1396x590px) Image search: [Google]
ripinpepperoni.jpg
337KB, 1396x590px
>>384461078
>expecting to understand Saints Row 2 without playing Saints Row 1
While some aspects were improved with 3 and I love all the games, really the high point of storytelling and everyone's character was in 2. It really was a game where you were playing the villain and it strikes a really weird balance where it glorifies gang culture but also gives you moments of realization of just how fucking horrible a person the Boss is. Not even Grand Theft Auto had a protagonist as psychotic as the Boss outside of Tommy Vercetti as every other one had a 'heart of gold' quality that made them out to be the wrong person at the wrong time. While it could have done a better job, I loved how SR4 addressed the tone shift in 3 as the Boss kept insisting that they were a "puckish rogue :-)" which was challenged by multiple characters and made out to be a facade.
Unwarranted tier list:
great tier:
good tier:
1, 3
best hits tier:
>>
>>384479947
>compared SR2 and SR3
>suddenly anon brings up SR IV
You're a weird one.
>>
>>384480005
This really proves nothing since the older games only have a couple hundred reviews.

However SR2 is objectively better than SR3 and the awful SR4
>>
>>384480084
I don't care for SR3. It's clearly rushed, unfinished game and has some technical issues they fixed for SR4. SR4 is an unsung masterpiece.
>>
>>384480214
>SR4 is an unsung masterpiece
im unsure how anyone can seriously believe this. the gameplay is too easy and gets boring real fast. the story, writing and characters are laughably bad and even worse than 3. the only part i liked is when you are president the game turns to shit straight after that.
>>
>>384461948
It's because SR2 is garbage on PC and consolefaggots have low standards. That's the only explanation I can come up with because it really is baffling.
>>
>>384480214
Still doesn't matter anon. I was comparing SR2 and SR3. SR4 was pretty good in my opinion, only thing I didn't like was how floaty the jumping felt (I used to play Crackdown and Prototype a lot so the reference point was a pretty high bar in that regard) and I wished there were more takedown animations.
>>
>>384480380
SR2 is better than SR3 in every single way except gameplay and graphics which is slightly better.
that is why most people prefer SR2
>>
>>384462753
>GTA series is the place for such heavy moments instead
Yeah, well it is now. Saints Row took a fucking nosedive in tone. The point is that people playing the later games wouldn't get the same feeling as the first two and see them as inferior because of it.
Personally I dislike the added wackiness. While in the first two you would have some semblance of a story to follow, Saints Row 3 just made me feel like a tourist (fitting seeing as it's in another city) trying out all the rides in a themepark.
That's not to say the game is bad though. Different strokes for different folks and all that, but I'm not saying that story was diminished in 3. The ending where you chase down Killbane was probably my favorite part of the game, it really conveys the grittiness of the first two games. As for the rest of the game, it just feels like they browsed tvtropes for a few hours and sprinkled some darkness in very small amounts.
>>
>>384461078
>So why? Why /v/ claims SR3 to be much worse when Im playing it right now and see something completely opposite? Because of purple didlo bat? Or because its not San Andreas clone and "muh gangsta story"?
because it went in a more silly direction and steelport was a really shitty city.
oh and the clothing layer, or lack thereof was a step backwards in customization
>>
>>384461078

2 had moments when I genuinely laughed
>>
>>384480479
the graphics aren't better
sure they look nicer but thats mainly due the simplified artstyle they use nowdays
SR2 style is more detailed and defined
>>
saints row is pretty similar to fallout when you think about it
>dark nature to violence is funny
>>
>>384467154
You sound angry amico
>>
>>384461078
-changed the artstyle from a realistic stuff to cartoon shit
-went from a serious story with quirks (johnny being far too strong, the boss managing to ward off gangs while drugged) to SO WHACKY giant dildos
-good link with the first game, being a direct sequel and building up your revenge, unlike 3 where the "mastermind" gets killed n a cutscene 2 missions later and replaced with a jobber who didn't do anything in the game
-killed off johnny
-worst customization (their main focus to try to compete with gta sa)
-gone from generic swearing to swearing in every possible sentence for no reason
-far easier with upgrades
>>
>>384461078
SR4 is also fun, to fly around SR3 map like superman

cars are horrible though
>>
File: 1495763011516.gif (2MB, 623x340px) Image search: [Google]
1495763011516.gif
2MB, 623x340px
>>384461948
For as much as they added, they took a lot more away.
>Customization went to shit
>Irreversible upgrades became annoying
>The city is uninspired and every part of it looks no different than anywhere else. Its all just bland buildings and the occasional homes
>The story is too short
>Activities were forced into missions and a lot of them were removed
>They completely deviate from the main Saints Row story with Dex
>They changed the Boss's personality from Fun Psychopath to "Funny Quip Machine" and they also made the boss dumber too
>No fucking Day Night cycle
>They game gives you too much too early to appease the normies who only play the first third of games
They main issue is they mad a game for normies and not the true fans. Dont even get me started on SR4 and Gat out of Hell...
>>
>>384473409
>this is what gameplay > story faggots actually believe
>>
>>384482917
>he plays games for the story
Read a book, nigger.
>>
>>384483001

>he plays games

Off to the furnace with you
>>
>>384483106
>le I post post on /v/ but dont play games meme
>>
>>384482876
>all that pathetic groveling for old fans in SR4
I'm glad Volition are eating crow
>>
>>384483001
if a game has a story and the story is shit, then it can be pointed out how shit it is you mong
>>
>>384475767
>SR3 fails and dies
Yeah sorry, don't remember that. Neither does the general populace. GTAV also removed a fuckton of singleplayer content, meaning that there's nothing of substance to fucking do if you don't want to play online and buy shark cards.
>>
>>384483223

>le le meme

leling at your le
>>
>>384483265
And the final nail in the coffin in Gat outta Hell where they let you kill "Dex"
Volition is straight trash
>>
>>384483223
>le
2007 wants it meme back
>>
>Saints Row 3 go to next mission
>Main character walks into HQ and says "they are attacking we need guns" to Pierce. This is the only setup we get, nothing else. Nothing hinted at this mission before no one goes in depth on why this attack is happening now or what should be done next. Just bad guys are coming and we must shoot.
>Fight off waves of generic gang enemies for a few minutes
>Mission is over

SR3 is a 7/10 game only because I have a soft spot for it. SR2 is better by far.
>>
>>384483429
I thought all you SR2 lovers thought only old things were good.
>>
>>384479089
And they enjoyed it too you kuk :^)
>>
>>384477636
>>1/3 of missions are activities
i like sr2, but i could never 100% it because activities were a fucking chore to play
there were like 3 of each one and you had to beat them 5 times each
>>
>>384483450
Heck the activities in SR1 and SR2 have setups, how lazy did they get?
>>
>>384479552
References like what? They know RRP and They Live, what else?
>>
>>384483568
Same went for SR3, honestly. Only worse because you don't even get a small plot for the activities. SR1 and 2 had those cutscenes that set the activities up with its own characters and shit. SR3 just had you walk to the activity's start then suddenly you're up in the sky in a tank shooting shit for some reason.
>>
>>384461078
I cant remember people calling SR3 bad.. Its the next games in the series that get called bad.
>>
>>384483793

There's also basically no unlocks for completing activities in 3 as well.
>>
>>384461078
SR2 has a lot more of shit to do

also

my black female saint>your slut
>>
>>384483938
Wait seriously? No costumes or a new vehicle or anything? I don't think I ever bothered to complete any of them.
>>
I loved SR4.
>>
>>384475927
>>Can't even fly
you can fly in gat out of hell you mong
>>
>>384484057

"Basically no unlocks". It's been years since I last played, but IIRC the most interesting unlocks were 2 cyber vehicles for completing cyber blazing and some piece of clothing for doing all the hitman things. Everything else was either a single gang customization thing or nothing at all.
>>
>>384461078
Sr3 was cool, but SR2 had a cooler story and better CAC.
>>
File: 145921.png (85KB, 227x211px) Image search: [Google]
145921.png
85KB, 227x211px
>>384479086
>SR2
Exploring the underground tunnels and hanging out in the mall.
flying up to Ultor Tower and fucking around in Vogles office.
Going into college dorm rooms and smoking with the students.
Exploring Camp Crystal Lake and finding Jason's Mask
much much more...
>SR3
Memebr the Cabbit! Look its on this boat...
>>
>>384484259
I took a look at http://saintsrow.wikia.com/wiki/Unlockables_in_Saints_Row:_The_Third and I think the 2 cyber vehicles you mentioned are the only things listed here to unlock via activities. Also getting Genki mascot gang customisation by doing that activity.
>>
>>384472957
>secret underground lab
Theres so much in the game I completely forgot about that lab!
>>
>>384484191
No you can't, you can "glide" just like you can in SR4 but for longer distances.
>>
>>384484864
you can go up
it's only gliding if you cant move upward
>>
File: 1486527208638.png (51KB, 643x158px) Image search: [Google]
1486527208638.png
51KB, 643x158px
>ITT: regrets
>>
>>384483309
>I don't remember that
You don't remember THQ going out of fucking business because none of it's IPs sold including SR3?
>>
>>384484757
I even forgot to list the ancient colosseum shit, the observatory (I think) for that one mission, the university, the pirate ship, the easter egg islands all around, etc.
>>
>>384484995
By your logic Batman can fly in the Arkham games.
>>
>>384485313
There was also the cemetery and the secret cave in it, the abandoned mansion from SR1, hobo camps, the trailer park, and don't forget all the interiors you could explore and all the customizable cribs.
>>
>>384485313
>>384485716
And there's also the underground Old Stillwater area too.
>>
>>384485802
Oh yeah and the zombie game you could play there. Speaking of the zombie game, remember when you could rewatch cutscenes and they would reflect your current character and outfit? Aren't you glad they removed that in 3 and 4? Not that there were really any cutscenes worth rewatching.

Oh and the newspaper clippings with comments about missions you finished that you could use to replay them? I liked that.
>>
>>384482876
Also
>Strongholds were removed
>Crib customization went to shit
>No more consumables/ drugs
>>
>>384486025
>SR3 removes mission replay
I still don't understand why they did this. I can't recall but I think SR4 had mission replay. I think.
>>
>>384485252
I thought we were talking about SR. Devs didn't die, and there was clearly enough interest to justify a sequel.
>>
File: 45049382.png (459KB, 623x603px) Image search: [Google]
45049382.png
459KB, 623x603px
>>384486025
I forgot but they had some dumb reason behind not being able to repeat missions and rewatch cutscenes, fucking terrible job on Volitions part. SR3 and up are for casuals I swear...
>>
>>384486497
THE WORST CRIME IS REMOVING THE IDLE SPOTS

THE IDLE SPOTS WHERE YOU CAN JUST STAND UP AND WATCH YOUR PC CHER DANCE WAS GREAT
>>
>>384486589
The devs didn't die because they got bought by Deep Silver, but the devs aren't the ones who make money from sales, you idiot. The publisher relies on sales, and they didn't get enough to stay alive, so they had to sell Volition, who made SR4, which sold worse than either SR2 or SR3, then farted out Gat Out Of Hell which barely sold, and now they're working on a brand new flop.

After SR2, the world was their oyster, and SR3 was their chance to really make it big. THQ spent shitloads on advertising, which is probably why SR3 sold the best out of all the games. Then everyone realized it's a piece of shit and nobody bought SR4.
>>
>>384487112
I'm just saying that I don't remember the general opinion being that SR3 was shit at all.
>>
>>384487298

I dunno about general opinion, but I remember people having a lot of shit to say against SR3 soon after release on the SR forums.
>>
SR4 is the best superhero game, prove me wrong.

Pro tip:You can't
>>
>>384487298
The numbers speak for themselves. Sales peaked with SR3 because people expected another game like SR2, people didn't like it, people didn't buy SR4, or their little spinoff Gat Out Of Hell thing, so now they're reinventing as Agents of Mayhem.

You can see the exact same trend in Resident Evil. People like RE4, they bought RE5 wanting more like that, they found out it sucked, nobody wanted RE6, they reinvented it for RE7. The only difference is people actually liked the little spinoff this time, which would be Revelations.
>>
>>384488075
Nah Crackdown was much better.
>>
>>384488075
Negative.
>>
>>384488175
Don't know, never played it.

>>384488280
>can't throw fireballs
>can't glide
>can only smash
Gotta try harder then that.
>>
nostalgia faggotry OP. I fall for it too. ended up buying witcher 1 and 2 o steam. i hated both because of shitty the gamepla, especially the battle system is on those games. overrated piece of crap of franchise
>>
>>384488075
prototype and infamous are much better. no cringey try hard dialogue either
>>
>>384488750
Prototype is good but doesn't have as much variety and missions etc.. are worse. Infamous is literally just a third person shooter.
>>
File: spiderman2_ps2box.jpg (47KB, 352x500px) Image search: [Google]
spiderman2_ps2box.jpg
47KB, 352x500px
>>384488514
>can only throw fireballs
>can't rip the missile pod off an attack chopper and throw the missiles like spears
>can only glide
>can't websling
>can only collect hundreds of balls like a gayboy

SR4 are you even trying?
>>
>>384489010
both are still leagues better than the trash that is SR4
>>
>>384488175
one of the most underrated titles in history. shame
>>384488750
desu both of those games are insanely fun. /v/ has a hate boner for infamous because muh sony tho
>>
>>384466335
t. Flippy
>>
File: 1494173991718.png (87KB, 268x325px) Image search: [Google]
1494173991718.png
87KB, 268x325px
>>384489268
>Going to buy Crackdown on release because it looked rad
>It comes with some gay ass Halo demo I don't give a fuck about it
>guy behind the counter hands me the game
>"I bet I know why youuuuuuu are buying this"
>mfw

Fucking Gamestop.
>>
>>384489497
your image is about close to how disgusted I am reading this
>>
>>384489010
SR4 after the intro is one most rushed games i have ever seen. the fact that it was supposed to be SR3 dlc couldn't be more obvious.

there is barely any story there and what is there is just embarrassing reddit tier humor. most missions are either activities or taking out a group of enemies. literally 90% re used assets from sr3. city is exactly the same. cars are pointless. the only thing going for it is the superpowers and that gets tiresome after a couple hours.
>>
I wonder if the nu-SR games could be good if they bundled them all into one game like they were basically meant to be. All of Saints Row 3, 4, and GooH together, with all their features usable together.

Would probably still be a piece of shit though. Would rather have SR1 and 2 combined into one game if we had the choice.
>>
>>384461078
SR3 has one of the most boring open worlds in recent years

Steelport feels copy and pasted rather than Stilwater which had diverse environments despite how it's only 2 islands

I remember Chinatown, the University, the northern beach district, the trailer park, the power plant, the remodeled and revamped Saints Row, the suburban district, the ultor building, city hall and the 4 story shopping mall

All of this is off the top of my head

The only places I can even recall for SR3, are the penthouse, the casino, and part of the downtown district

Also why is it that the game released in 08 had day and night cycles but not the most recent iterations?
>>
File: ZODIFIES.png (142KB, 358x395px) Image search: [Google]
ZODIFIES.png
142KB, 358x395px
>kid brother buying SR3 after breaking it for the 2nd time
>I have to buy it for him reluctantly since underage
>Give it to Gamestop cashier
>"SR3 huh? You guys play SR4? Its probaly the best in the series"
>mfw people like this exist irl
>>
>>384489771
sr3 felt a step down from it's intro too. like they had put half the budget into the super ebin actioney intro (just like devs putting half their budget into marketing haha get it?) and then just made the rest of the game a generic action open world shooter
>>
>>384490106
desu shit like this is why I never ever would even consider engaging people IRL in a discussion of vidya. I mean I played lots of CS1.6 lan with bros, but besides that, no way
>>
>>384490054
airport, prison, power plant
>>
>>384490054
irrc its because of wet streets, which looked admittedly good but I could have lived without them
>>
>>384461078
I can't help it if you're wrong, dumbass
>>
>>384490054
remember how you could buy many different types of houses in SR2 and customize them each extensively?
SR3 each penthouse you buy looks identical inside and there is no customization for them whatsoever.
it was then i knew this game would not be as good as SR2
>>
>>384490326
I haven't talked to anyone about videogames IRL since high school.

>Talking about shooters
>Some fat dudebro keeps insisting Halo is better than Timesplitters
>He never even played TS

And that about wrapped it up for me.
>>
>>384490821
I had this one talk with a turbo ''nerdy'' normie redditor who asked if I liked fallout 3. said I didn't but I did like NV. told me he didn't like NV but liked 3. didn't engage further but he was visibly distraught at me having a different opinion. guess we aren't that different after all haha
>>
>>384469873
I spoke to guy from Volition, Agents of Mayhem is set in different universe and was originally supposed to be called Saints Row: Agents of Mayhem, but it felt dishonest because the games don't have much in common other than being open-world sandbox.
>>
>>384491280
is agents of mayhem a crackdown rip off? would not mind at all by the way if they make it fun
>>
>>384491228
That conversation always goes the same way

>I like Fallout 3 more than New Vegas
>Why
>All you do is follow a guy around you don't have any freedom
>That's just the prologue and you don't actually have to do it you can just walk to Vegas
>But there's strong monsters in the way
>So what? Why should you be allowed to go anywhere with no challenge?
>The desert is boring anyway, Fallout 3 has a better atmosphere

And that's about where it stops.
>>
>>384491624
I guess it really is about liking a funny themepark or preferring a fairly well designed RPG world. I mean, I don't give a fuck about what people like either way, but what broke f3 for me was the abundance of dialogue that just shouldn't have existed. it was that bad, like, 95% of the lines in that game just shouldn't have made a final product, I legitimately prefer 4 over that shit. kinda funny if you played a perpetually evil fuckwit tho
>>
>>384491605
Never played Crackdown but it looks like it, you choose your agent, drive car, do open world activites, gain experience and do story missiosns. I might buy it when it's on sale.
>>
>>384491901
If people don't buy when it's new Volition is getting the axe.
>>
>>384491901
>agents of mayhem and crackdown 3 both in the same year

at least one of them HAS to turn out good r-right?
>>
How's the PS4 port of SR4? Any different from the original?
>>
>>384471909
>Seriously what the fuck are they thinking with AoM

>"What if we took Saints Row 4 and put in the 3 character system GTA V uses?"
>>
>>384492206
It's more like Sunset Overdrive than GTA desu
>>
File: 1487177854704.png (690KB, 850x464px) Image search: [Google]
1487177854704.png
690KB, 850x464px
My biggest problem with 3 and 4 are the retarded leveling systems. It's just a super artificial way to extend playtime and the sense of progression isn't satisfying at all since most of it just involves you waiting around for money to be deposited into your account or whatever every hour or so. Weapons being purposefully unsatisfying and shitty until you wait around long enough to be able to afford all their upgrades just fucking sucks.
>>
op is a faggot as usual nothing to see here
>>
>>384492487
desu most of the weapons in saints row 2 were ridiculously satisfying to shoot even tho I was forced to play with a controller because FUCK going thru all the trouble of making the PC version playable
>>
>>384492487
I liked how in SR2 you could run around doing all the activities literally fresh off the boat from prison and have infinite stamina and shit for the whole game afterwards. SR2 pretty much defines the term "open world". It's as open as anything can possibly be, and every single thing can be done co-op. I love it.
>>
File: 1473100406062.jpg (101KB, 419x750px) Image search: [Google]
1473100406062.jpg
101KB, 419x750px
>>384492743
>Taking human shields while using the revolver
>Shoot 5 guys
>Last shot is to execute the shield
>>
File: 1388710540964.jpg (293KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1388710540964.jpg
293KB, 1536x2048px
>>384492916
>tfw unlocking the kobra for the first time
>>
i loved how in SR2 each time you took down a certain gang you would unlock certain items. like the bosses car or clothing, weapons and that gangs fighting style. it was great and made you feel like a boss taking over.
>>
File: forgotten assburgers.png (245KB, 550x600px) Image search: [Google]
forgotten assburgers.png
245KB, 550x600px
>>384493156
>mfw using it for 5 minutes then switching back to normal pistols because it's ugly as fuck
>>
>>384492779
>>384493321
this shit added some serious replayability for me in both 1 and 2
>>384493497
>tfw felt the same but the sheer power kept me using them
>>
I must be the odd man out, because I thought both SR2 and SR3 were great. SR4 wasn't as good, mostly because the powers distract from the entire game. Gat out of Hell was alright.

The only real problem is that SR2 is unplayable on PC. This is a game that should have shined on PC, but instead plays like a crippled mess despite modding and editing that the community has done.
>>
>>384493919
well I liked all 4 games. haven't played gat out of hell
>>
File: 1456454993836.gif (360KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1456454993836.gif
360KB, 480x480px
I played through SR2 and enjoyed it, I'd say it was a good 8/10 game, well above average.

I heard about Agents of Mayhem, it looked really interesting to me because of the art style and setting.

But I have no idea where it could go, I'm going to wait and see what the consensus is.
>>
>>384494602
just play crackdown in the meantime
>>
>>384494838
>Owning a microsoft console
please never reply to me again
I actually wanted to play crackdown 2 pretty bad but I never got too
>>
>>384494983
why 2, one is better. anyway get a used modded 360 and a brand new controller. u wont regret it
Thread posts: 373
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.