[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT hidden gem i dont like 2d platformers but this one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: header.jpg (33KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
33KB, 460x215px
ITT hidden gem

i dont like 2d platformers but this one is pretty fucking good
>>
how is this a hidden gem?
>>
>hidden
>>
I tried getting into it. Probably would have been better if I played it with a controller but the m+kb controls were pretty fucking awful.
> Attacking are based on the direction of your mouse
> Blocking is based on the direction of your character
Kind of annoying when you try to block an attack but oops your character wasn't facing the right direction even though your mouse was pointing in the direction you wanted to attack
>>
>>384446042
It's a linux game.
>>
It's on my backlog but my god the character art looks like shit. Straight from a newgrounds flash game or some shit.
>>
>>384445976
I could get into it if the characters didn't look like complete shit
>>
>dead cells
Like salt and sanctuary but with colorful pixelart. Tight gameplay but a rouge-like with perma death.
>streets of rouge
Could be described as a top down deus ex with classes, start a level, solve 2-3 quests and move on.
>rising storm 2 Vietnam
Not that much of a hidden gem but a great mp fps PTSD sim.
>>
It hasn't even been out long enough to be considered a hidden gem.
>>
>>384448565
LOL no
>>
I really like this game. You play as a scumbag private eye who needs to pay back his loan to the mob in a couple of days or else. You end up on the trail of this huge treasure and to unlock the secrets of this magic technology and it actually reminds me of something like Outlaw Star. It is a really funny game and it plays like a JRPG made in the west.

Salt and Sanctuary kind of sucks because the sanctuaries don't actually matter very much at all. It's way too linear, there aren't really different builds, and the difficulty is all over the place. A lot of the bosses are easier to beat than the generic enemies swarming the place and others will kill you in one hit for basically no reason.
>>
File: half-life-2-episode-two-linux.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
half-life-2-episode-two-linux.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>384448565
>>384446042
>>384445976

just IMAGINE being this fucking retarded.

Anyone else ever play pic related? It's a hidden gem because it's a Linux game.

>>384448845

S&S is literally just 2d darksouls.
DeadCells is more like, DS meets castlevania.

>>384449420
now that's a real hidden gem but it's pretty old, like most hidden gems (i.e. Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri)

if I had to post a recent hidden gem, it'd have to be Brigador or Reflex Arena.
>>
Got bored after 10 hours. Got me into the mood to replay Dark Souls though, so there's that.
>>
File: bear19.jpg (63KB, 446x640px) Image search: [Google]
bear19.jpg
63KB, 446x640px
Why would I play a 2D indie dark souls clone when I can play actual dark souls?
>>
File: rocket league.jpg (134KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
rocket league.jpg
134KB, 460x215px
i also found out about this fun little game
>>
File: current year man.jpg (213KB, 545x750px) Image search: [Google]
current year man.jpg
213KB, 545x750px
>>384445976
>that final level
>that final boss
>that music
>that ending
>>
>>384452668
I fell in the hole at the end anon did I fuck up
>>
UGHHHNNN MUH DARK SOULS-LIKE
>>
>>384452197

Redpill me?
>>
>>384452872
That's ending A.
If you talked to the scarecrow at all it's locations you can go past the hole and talk to it again to get ending B.
>>
File: Disciples_2_cover.jpg (29KB, 280x401px) Image search: [Google]
Disciples_2_cover.jpg
29KB, 280x401px
>>384453783
>>
>>384453967
Shit wasnt a reply
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.