[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled and we have all accepted that Bamham

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: bamham.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
bamham.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Now that the dust has settled and we have all accepted that Bamham combat is here to stay: What would YOU do to make it good?
>>
REEEEEE why do people insist it is batman combat when they weren't even the first people to do this stupid counter based bullshit.
>>
>>384439693

More enemy attack types, make more enemies that require dodging.
>>
we remove enemy attacks and the dodge button, then we remove the player attack.
Add customization options to the player, he can create women, children and men the way he wants.
Now we need a house building system and a basic needs system.
We turn the enemies into neighbors and the player can befriend, marry or go back to enemies with them.

The player can work and impregnate women.
>>
>>384439802
Which was the first? Furthest I can go back to is Asscreed
>>
"Making it good" would be impossible because the system is inherently flawed.
But to improve it, first I'd take Mad Max, because it's honestly the game that got it the closest to being good.

Then I'd make some fine tunings like

>More aggressive enemies
>No canceling animations for blocking
>being unable to block 2 attacks at once
>its possible for hits to fail if you're not close enough, making you vulnerable to counter hits
>add some stamina system to justify a limited amount of counters
>better dodging
>more enemies with weapons and weapons being more meaningful

Mostly just reoving cheap aspects like seeing batman being teleported 30 yards because he pressed the hit button when the enemy was at the other side of the room
>>
>>384439693
Remove the spidersense prompts
>>
File: 1500118914126.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1500118914126.gif
1MB, 200x200px
More diverse enemies that actually require gadgets to defeat instead of just being there to look different
Counter time window shrunk
Add a new button for grabbing
Use of environment being manual and doing more damage and not automatic just for a different animation(You dont just do smash head into wall animation unless you grab point towards wall and attack)
Dodging isnt a get out of jail free card and requires you to be just as precise as th new counter window
>>
>>384439693
It IS good, you retard.
>>
>>384441882
just play it on hard anon
>>
>>384444475
I know, I like it a lot more.

Arkham Knight should've had more of those tag battles, they were fun
>>
File: BatmanAC 2014-08-12 15-04-18-44.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BatmanAC 2014-08-12 15-04-18-44.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>384439693

Where did this meme start that the combat in these games is casual/bad?

>Enemies with knives
>Enemies with stun batons
>Enemies with shields
>Enemies with body armor
>Enemies with guns
>Enemies throwing projectiles
>Larger, stronger enemies,

How the hell is that casual?
>>
>>384445589
those are just gimmicks though
they dont really add depth to the combat beyond pressing a different button sequence
>>
>>384441268
to me the way that it is inherently flawed is the game being balanced around hitting and never being hit, as soon as you take one hit your momentum is broken and you are staggered and then have to start your combo again
the way batman fights should be a little more mma fighter and less ninja imho.
he should use the armor to soak up damage, and then strike at an opening
>>
Pretty much the exact opposite of things like DMC or God Hand in terms of depth.
Game rewards the player with cool moves and flashy animations with very little input required from the player.
>>
It's Bam A Ham, you fucking ignorant nigger.
>>
>>384440394
but Batman's was more fluid, faster and better, still shit overall, but way better when compared to assassins creed.
>>
Make it a bit more like mark of kri, jet li ps2 game mix
>>
>>384447020

>beyond pressing a different button sequence

And other games don't do the same?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.