[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this is going to be trash right? It's being made by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: hey-pikmin.jpg (135KB, 1000x621px) Image search: [Google]
hey-pikmin.jpg
135KB, 1000x621px
So this is going to be trash right?

It's being made by the same team that did Yoshi's New Island
>>
>>384430905

There's a demo for it right now on eshop. It's not groundbreaking and pretty forgettable imo but far from being "trash" lol. It accomplishes what It wants to be.
>>
>>384430905

It's not bad

But it's literally what the game design is

Pikmin as a 2D puzzle platformer

I will give them props for bringing back Piklopedia, with both monster and treasure descriptions, I hated Pikmin 3 for not having it
>>
>>384430905
It's going to be trash for people that want it to be trash, yeah
>>
>>384432635
does the music sound like Pikmin farts?
>>
>>384433057
https://youtu.be/jbOALkwEYDQ?t=3m46s

..I don't think so ?
>>
File: Old Mike.png (384KB, 384x516px) Image search: [Google]
Old Mike.png
384KB, 384x516px
>>384430905

It's already playable if you have a 3DS with CFW. It's not bad, it's just bland and easy just like the new Yoshi games.

Though I give them a bonus point for being considerate enough to make movement possible with the face buttons for left handed players. I thought it was going to be incredibly awkward trying to use the touch screen with my right hand until I found out.
>>
>>384432635
>There's a demo for it right now
Wow, you'd be really shell-shocked to learn that the entire game is out already.

Also, why do they seem to hate Pikmin 2 when it was objectively the series's peak?
>>
>>384430905
You can pirate it and see for yourself

It's not horrible, but it's as bland and easy as the rest of the Artoon games. Its nowhere near as good as the main series titles.
>>
>>384435230

Pikmin 2 is only good if you never gave a shit about the original game
>>
>>384430905
Playing it already, it's just easy and bland to repeat the sentiments in the thread, but not offensive like New Island.
>>
File: ljn65kv.png (467KB, 668x386px) Image search: [Google]
ljn65kv.png
467KB, 668x386px
>add white and purple to onion
>no white pikmin
>no purple pikmin
Why do they do this?
>>
>>384437171

White and purple have been redeemed too bullshit for normal story gameplay

It is religiously accepted that they belong exclusively to Challenge mode
>>
File: you dolt.jpg (30KB, 165x237px) Image search: [Google]
you dolt.jpg
30KB, 165x237px
I've said this before, but it is exactly what it is. A 2D sidescroller Pikmin spin-off. That's all there really is to it.

We all know that mainline Pikmin games are way better, though. That's pretty obvious.

The ONLY thing I am interested in in this game is the log, which is the equivalent of the Piklopedia/Treasure Hoard from Pikmin 2. The thing is, the only videos that show it are in Japanese, which sucks.

I also need to stress once again that besides the final boss of the game, all the new enemies are pretty bland and sometimes even uninspired in comparison to enemies from Pikmin 1, 2, and 3. Not really surprised, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVmdw8j1T_w

Again, I just want Pikmin 4. I need it like a sparrow needs wings.
>>
>>384438039
I also forgot to mention that some fucker on YouTube has the English version of the game but he doesn't show any of the log AT ALL and it drives me bonkers
>>
File: IMG_20170705_014622.jpg (5KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170705_014622.jpg
5KB, 128x128px
>>384437171
Because purple and white Pikmin are OP as fuck
>>
File: 1500232257667.jpg (52KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1500232257667.jpg
52KB, 600x338px
>>384433057
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAtd6NBvVA0

Never forget
>>
>>384437594
>>384438193
But why man, why tease us? They aren't in the game in any way, so why hint that they are? I guess for the same reason they're selling this game for $40.
>>
>>384438193

Is it really that hard to come up with creative ways to counter Purple Pikmin?

Like a non-newtonian fluid monster that causes Purples to bounce off it while others can sink in and attack.
>>
>>384433219
>Bubble says HEY
>Olimar says EURGH
Fucking hell. It's not even his original voice, either.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.