[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never played a Tales game before. Should I play Vesperia,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: tales-of-vesperia-group.jpg (172KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
tales-of-vesperia-group.jpg
172KB, 800x450px
Never played a Tales game before. Should I play Vesperia, Graces F or Xillia?
>>
>>384428912
Theyre all good combat wise, story wise theyr as as average as you can get.
If you cant stand mediocre/cliched characters start with Vesperia. Its the most dated of the 3 but still really loved due to the main character being competent. F has great combat and the whole theme is FRIENDSHIP which i didnt mind. Of the 3 and i really disliked Xillia 1 so i cant get an unbias view on it.
>>
play symphonia and vesperia, ignore the rest

>>384429479
>Theyre all good combat wise

wew lad haven't heard a more wrong statement in a while
>>
>>384429583
You're right
Graces has best combat out of any Tales game.
>>
>>384428912
vesperia is the only one I ever enjoyed but some characters are really cringey
>>
>>384428912
you should play all three, because they're the best damn games in the series. Start with Vesperia though.
>>
>>384428912
>Vesperia
I really like it back when it cam out in the west, I wish they would re-release it for ps4
>>
>>384429821
>Best danm games in the series
>Xillia 1

Nah
>>
>>384428912
if you think you might do any other tales games, just do release order. The engine keeps getting QoL upgrades that suck to lose

If you only play 1, probably Vesperia. It is the most complete Tales package of the three you listed, flaws aside.
>>
>>384428912
Is there a convenient way to play Vesperia if I don't have a 360?
>>
>>384430002
ha
you're a funny guy
>>
>>384430002
ps3 emulation maybe? or a hacked ps3, the jap copy has a full fan translation
>>
They're all shit, play Phantasia and Symphonia.
>>
I still like Phantasia the best. They all suffer from a really dreadful midgame though. I swear they all fucking peter out and just wander around aimlessly until randomly finding the plot again.
>>
Either play Vesperia and move on from the series, or play them all from the beginning. Vesperia is the only game worth jumping in/out of the series for.

>>384429583
>play symphonia
symphonia is literally a worse version of abyss and xillia and neither of those games are especially good to begin with
>>
File: Berseria-1-1.jpg (714KB, 799x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Berseria-1-1.jpg
714KB, 799x1000px
BERSERIA!!!
>>
>>384429479
I'd agree with this. They are all the most cliche power of friendship JRPGs you will ever see, and the combat hardly changes from one to the next. Vesperia is probably the best choice.
>>
>>384430806
>symphonia is literally a worse version of abyss and xillia and neither of those games are especially good to begin with

uh huh which is why it's the highest ranked tales game and the most popular one huh? Symphonia's far more consistent than abyss and xillia and the gameplay outside the combat system is far better. The combat system itself isn't too far behind those games either
>>
>>384430002
You could play the non-beta version on an imported/hacked PS3?
>>
>>384430816
>nu-tales
kys
>>
The story peaked with symphonia and abyss. The combat peaked with graces.

Every tales game after graces is abject trash. Xillia 1 and 2 have good combat, but it's overly complex in 2 and a lot of boss AI is just cheap bullshit unless you play on easy, everything else about the game is a flaming dumpster fire.
>>
did they finally fix the combat in berseria? can't stand that freerun shit. might as well just make it like a normal game at that point, since they abandoned the 2D plane, the only thing that made the series unique a long time ago.
>>
>>384428912
the series is objectively mediocre. don't bother. if you want traditional rpg play dragom quest. if you want arpg play one of the later ys games. there's nothing standout about tales.
>>
>>384433531
fix what? the placing a weakness on one button and mashing the fuck out of it till the battle is over?

no
>>
>>384433643
Which Ys game should I play first then?
>>
>>384428912
Play everything except Zestiria, Graces, and Symphonia 2. I've played all of the Tales games with the exception of the ones not translated and those were the only ones I did not enjoy at all.
>>
>>384428912
Vesperia then Abyss
be cautious of the others
>>
The tales games are usually "cozy anime adventure" I always get excite when ones coming out because of that, but none of them are ground breaking or at least none of the ones I've played are
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.