[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some other games I can just play when I want to just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

What are some other games I can just play when I want to just relax and listen/watch some interviews / listen to music / etc. Basically anything I can kinda tune out and play casually? Shit like RPGs and Action games are a bit too involved. Pic related is really good example of what I want, but I've played spelunky to death. Also not binding of isaac, for some reason it bores me to tears (heh) even though I should love it.

I've also played the crap out of risk of rain
>>
>>384427929
Fuck yourself with a baseball bat you piece of shit
>>
>>384427929
FTL, Stardew Valley, Prison Architect, Rimworld, Subnautica, Terraria (kinda involved late game), The Escapists, KSP
>>
>Ive played Spelunky to death
Did you 100% it?
>>
File: 1460689529013.jpg (23KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1460689529013.jpg
23KB, 480x480px
>>384428270
>Subnautica
>laid back and relaxed
>>
>>384428370
To be fair he rants about laid back and relaxed games while mentioning BoI.
>>
>>384427929
Twisted Metal
>>
>>384428574
BoI is pretty chill though if you just want to fuck around and not try too seriously, though. Same for Spelunky really. Both can be hard as fuck if you're not really paying attention. Hell Risk of Rain falls under the same formula, but you can play it pretty relaxed
>>
>>384428208
Why? Spelunky and Risk of Rain are good games. I don't know why OP is calling them casual though
>>
>>384428838

Once you learn the mechanics, it's more about RNG for games like that than skill, so you can just settle into a rhythm while you go through a few runs.
>>
>>384429135
Spelunky and Risk of Rain both have a fairly high skill ceiling though. For the Binding of Isaac though I would agree that it's heavily RNG based
>>
>>384429135

True, but Spelunky is practically all RNG if you want to see get the ankh, make it to the golden city, etc.
>>
>>384427929
I played Dark Souls while doing that shit, there's like nothing you have to pay attention to sound wise. Hollow Knight was also pretty good for this.
>>
Euro Truck Simulator 2
>>
>>384429401
False. Getting to hell is easy. You'll be able to get the money for the Ankh 90% of the time just by being thorough in your treasure collecting early on. After that, it's smooth sailing.

You don't even need to get the 50k for it, as long as you get the udjat eye and kill a shopkeeper in the mines. Most of the black market shopkeepers will kill each other.
>>
>spelunky
>heavily RNG based
the only time RNG can utterly fuck you is getting dark maps in $0 runs, knowing the mechanics well will effortlessly let you beat the game or even get to hell if you're paying attention

there is nothing in spelunky remotely close to getting overloaded vagrants/magma worms as HAND-E level 1 in RoR or beam drone + minibeam ships in the first sector as the stealth cruiser in FTL
>>
>>384427929
For all the people that don't see Spelunky as something you can play and relax, it totally can be that. I go zen as fuck when playing it, but I've also logged an insane amount of hours into it.
>>
>>384429401
The ankh is always a guarantee, though. It's RNG where it's placed, but it's always attainable if you're smart.
>>
>>384431226
How much? 235 hours and proud here. It's one of the only games like it that I can play for hours and never get mad at.
>>
>>384431362
Uh, 163 on steam so far, but that's not counting my 360 copy, which I've played just as much, if not more.
>>
>>384427929
La Mulana. River city ransom underground. Mostly Vagante.
>>
File: 1483727882000.jpg (89KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1483727882000.jpg
89KB, 700x525px
>>384432348
>La Mulana
Doesn't seem like a very casual laid back kinda game
I got it not too long ago and it seems like the kind of vidya that demands a little bit of attention if you're going to make it anywhere
>>
>>384432348
>Vagante

Love this game. I think the soundtrack is one of the most relaxing things about the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMbWSNzDdaw
>>
>>384432527
He's on the right track though. The easier metroidvanias like momodora or ori are great for comfy play
>>
>>384432348
>Vagante
Tip top tatse, anon.

Also, Streets of Rogue is a good candidate for a laidback podcast game. I also used Subnautica to listen to Joe Rogan last summer.
>>
>>384434978
I can agree with that
I could play through SotN with my eyes closed, I still occasionally run through it while I'm listening to a podcast or something on the other monitor
Momodora is good too from what I've seen
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.