[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about trying pic related. Never played before. Anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: Planescape-torment-box.jpg (41KB, 404x502px) Image search: [Google]
Planescape-torment-box.jpg
41KB, 404x502px
Thinking about trying pic related. Never played before.

Anything I should know before diving in?
>>
>>384427686
Wisdom is the most important stat in the game as every point above 12 gives you a 2-3% bonus to all experience and having high Wisdom will unlock many opportunities for gaining experience in the first place.
>>
>>384427686
nothing can change the nature of a man.
>>
There is almost no required fights and almost any situation can be talked out of with enough charisma and wisdom, experiment with party members to see who you like, and if you want the best weapon you need to be lawful good. Dying too often makes an endgame encounter harder but it wont be too tough either way.
>>
DONT TRUST THE SKULL

jk m8, Morte is the biggest bro
>>
>>384428730
what about my belief that you're a faggot
>>
>>384427686
Update your journal.
>>
>>384427686
High Wis/Int and make yourself a mage asap. You gain stats on each level so you can pump stats throughout. Prepare for dialogue. Don't stress combat, you can't lose the game by dying in battle.
>>
>>384430709
Its hard to lose period, PST lets you heal during pause BOTW-style
>>
>>384431316
On top of that, your party rapidly becomes absurdly strong. That's fine, the game isn't about combat challenges.
>>
>>384427686
Look up a good character build on gamefaqs or something. But basically pump Wisdom, Int and Charisma for dialogues.

Also prepare for A LOT of reading.

Flawed masterpiece of a game, so long as your patient with it. Excellent atmosphere, music, etc.
>>
>>384432131
>Flawed masterpiece
>Flawed
What did he mean by this???
>>
>>384427686

You play as a character called "The great Pretender" and your party consists of an Irish musician, an Animaniac, a former director of the FBI, Killer Frost, a Gargoyle named Goliath, a Transformer and Homer Simpson.

Along the way you will update your journal and philosophize the meaning of what it means to be a man. Yakko will also talk shit about other people.
>>
>>384427686
It sucks ass, don't play it. There are animes with better writing and VNs with better gameplay.
>>
>>384427686
>Anything I should know before diving in?

It's an adventure game that was built on top of an RPG engine, so there's little in the way of action. And the writing is shit.
>>
>>384427686
If you're not playing the enhanced edition then be careful of what mods you install. Install ONE mod and play.

Last time I played a mod got me stuck in an infinite conversation loop with the demons in the flaming corpse bar. I think it was some cut content restoration mod.
>>
>>384427686
You should know that if you enjoy the little details in expansive world design and are capable of enjoying a SF or fantasy novel, you're going to have a great fucking time. It does a really good job justifying all mechanics in the game through the world's lore.
>>
>>384427686
It's good to be familiar with AD&D, but you don't have to be. It's good to be curious and inspect everything.

Also, if there's an option to tell people you're "lost", don't take it. It has a much different meaning in Sigil than it does here.

>>384434357
>>384434412
But most importantly, don't let fags like these two ruin it for you.
>>
stats in order of importance

widsom: gives you bonus xp and unlocks dialogue options that gives you more bonus xp and stats. if you start with 18 and get all the bonus points you'll have 25 by the end of the game.
POWER GAP
constitution: when you have over 20 it makes you basically unkillable. this is important because the combat is extremely shitty so you want to get through it with as little effort as possible.
strength: also helps you get through the garbage combat. if you have exactly 18 when you get to level 7 as a fighter the bonus point will jump you right to 19 so you don't have to fuck with exceptional strength.
dexterity: you need 13 I think to have the option of choking people in a few instances. it's also the only way to increase ac if you aren't playing as a mage, which you shouldn't be because it's weak.
charisma: there's like 3 times in the game where you need charisma. the most important one is about halfway through the game and you need 16 I think, but you can get a bonus point and use equipment to raise it. I think one or two points is enough.
intelligence: completely worthless. only used a couple times and there's a cheap item you can buy that raises it.

also the game is overrated shit so don't expect anything good.
>>
Perhaps the most overrated game if all time.

Story is meh, good for a video game I guess but considering 99% of the game play is spent reading you should just pick a book since I can name 30 better written stories off the top of my head.

The rest of the gameplay is non-existent or abysmal even for a wrpg. A couple of side quests are memorable that's about it.
>>
>>384436310
>I can name 30 better written stories off the top of my head.
Let's hear it.
>>
>>384436923
No
>>
>>384436985
So you can't.
>>
fuck rpg codex
put everything in swimming
>>
>>384437087
Scan your Barnes and nobles classic section anon and pick 30 titles at random.
>>
>>384437087
>there are not thirty pieces of fiction better than Planescape: Torment
a bit bold I'd say
>>
You should know that it plays like shit and that the writing in it is nothing special, it is not good even when compared with genre fiction books.
>>
>>384437401
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>384437335
>It's a book so it's automatically better!
>>>/lit/
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.