[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just saw this on steam. Thoughts? It might be fun seems like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: absolver.jpg (36KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
absolver.jpg
36KB, 460x215px
Just saw this on steam. Thoughts? It might be fun seems like there's some good moveset customization, but it could possibly just be button mashing. Worried that maybe most attacks are the same with a different animation, but I dunno.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmqfIbR7Q4Y
>>
it looks nice but im skeptical that it might turns into another game like For Honour, like a one trick pony kind of game
>>
>>384422787
i was in the beta, it was fun enough, but it was pretty impossible telling if one move was better than another. Moves never really feel that different because they all have to be chained together in a sequence and youre just editing what move is used in the 2nd hit of your combo. Theres something about stance changing but it was clunky and not well explained at all. Combat seemed mostly determined by who was better at timing and delaying attacks but no one really knew how to play

theres some wierd pve element where I guess you just explore looking for moves which is cool if not just a way to add grinding to the game. i doubt this will be a retail feature but it was also FFA pvp in the open world part of the game, which was nice.
>>
>>384422787
Looks like an even more boring version of For goner. We all know how THAT game turned out.
>>
It's Dark Souls meets God Hand. That's the most concise way I can describe it.
>>
The beta was a lot of fun, and it follows in much the same way as described in >>384426281. You wander around an overworld, beating up on AI enemies to learn new moves and occasionally running into other players; how you interact with those players is up to you, whether you let them pass, help them clear, or gank the shit out of them. You can also queue up for specific PvP modes like 1v1 and 3v3.

As you learn moves, you can alter your combat deck, which is basically your preset combos and alternate moves across your four stances. Just like in God Hand, different moves have different parameters and functions, so it's entirely up to you how to build your deck, as there's not really a "meta" build.

I know it sounds like shilling, but I legitimately recommend this game, whether you're a sucker for the martial arts or like to express yourself with your moves and techniques, or if you like open world exploration with some random player encounters.
>>
>>384423454
Is there any character customization? Like can I play fashion souls in it? Also as far as melee weapons go is there a considerable variety in them?
>>
>>384427387
There will be character customization when you make a new character, like skin and hair and junk. You can play dressup as well with whatever clothes/armor your find.

There are plans for more types of weapons as time goes on, but at least at the start, you'll have access to war gloves and swords. Staffs will definitely be coming later.
>>
>>384427387
there was a bunch of different equip to find, each with different stats(i think its balanced so that more defense = heavier item = slower attack speed? not entirely sure). You find masks and clothes and shit. I only saw two different melee weapons and unarmed was usually a better choice over them. You can only even use your melee weapon if you charge up meter first(which is also used for hot-key like special moves)
>>
Looks really clunky, just like For Honor.
>>
>>384427691
>(i think its balanced so that more defense = heavier item = slower attack speed? not entirely sure).
The heavier your clothes means the less damage you take but also the shorter your dash and the less damage you do.
And you're correct. Weapons can only be summoned with a number of Tension shards (meter, basically). Think of weapons as a temporary powerup more than anything, as they break relatively quickly and you can be disarmed if you take enough hits.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.