[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do big game developers expect people to pay ludicrous amounts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: dlc is a bitch.png (668KB, 545x655px) Image search: [Google]
dlc is a bitch.png
668KB, 545x655px
Why do big game developers expect people to pay ludicrous amounts of money for DLC?
>>
Because they can squeeze as much money as possible from the game's fans that will buy anything to get a little more.

What I am wondering is when is the last time a single player game had must-buy DLC anyway?
These days I usually just ignore DLC entirely, and find the main game typically has more than enough content.
>>
>>384414478
Because they know they can get away with it. Can't you just get the new Uncharted through the season pass?
>>
>>384414478
If consumers are willing to pay the asking price, why not?
>>
Over gloried DLC ranging anywhere between $40-$60

Jesus.
>>
If they released this as an add-on nobody would have bought it.
>>
>>384414478
They don't expect it, they know for a fact people will pay money for anything. Look at the state of gaming right now. DLC's, microtransactions, kickstarter scams, early access, ''free to play'' bait, mobile garbage, remakes and rehashes, and ''gamers'' just take it all in without question. It's amazing to me, I just cannot understand it. Things are the way they are because the people allow them to be, why they do it, why no one speaks up (except for the dumbest cunts, like SJWs and such) I just don't understand.
>>
>>384414478
Let's be real, iterative sequels existed way before the advent of DLC.
>>
>>384414478
The new Uncharted has the same estimated average playtime as the first Uncharted so technically it's a complete game for $40 but seriously I would rather get CB N-sane trilogy than the new Uncharted since it has more replay value
>>
>>384414478
Stop being poor
>>
>>384414478
Spla2n has the excuse of being on a new system with totally different architecture and internal specs than the original. Also, everyone including Nintendo wants to now pretend that the Wii U was just a bad memory.
>>
>>384414478
I don't know about Destiny, but Splatoon has core gameplay changes and tons of additions while Uncharted has completely different story with as much game as usual while being also cheaper. I don't know what's wrong with them.
>>
Uncharted: Lost Legacy is just Halo 3: ODST.

Stand-alone story with the prior title's multiplayer. Sounds great!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.