[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy fuck this game is bad. It's genuinely worse than Andromeda.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: 980_337638953.jpg (99KB, 980x360px) Image search: [Google]
980_337638953.jpg
99KB, 980x360px
Holy fuck this game is bad. It's genuinely worse than Andromeda. Like, if you can just laugh at the animations and you don't give a fuck about story, Andromeda is actually kinda fun to play. But this is just so awful. Why do people like this series? I mean everyone hates 3, I just played 2 and it's garbage, so 1 must be a masterpiece.
>>
Are you saying you played 2 before playing 1?
>>
>>384411958
your right, 2 is shit.
normalfags pretend it's good because it's there first game.
>>
File: 1498818556472.jpg (42KB, 316x311px) Image search: [Google]
1498818556472.jpg
42KB, 316x311px
>>384411958
i NEVER understood the appeal of this absolute shit game. Mass Effect 1 was and is one of my all time favorite games when i was in high school. When 2 came out I was so excited and it was utter fucking shit compared to the first one. Yet everyone ate it up and asked for more? What the fuck, man. I never even touched 3 or Queerdromeda
>>
>>384411958
ME2 is shit but saying Andromeda is better is just sinful, anon.
>>
At least Mass Effect had a sense of what it was doing. It's a filler episode of a Star Trek clone.
Andromeda was trying to be too much like Star Wars
>>
>Nu-/v/ is so contrarian they are defending Andromeda now
You need to stop
>>
>>384411958
What's so awful about it? The combat hasn't aged well but it's still miles ahead of ME1's shitty combat
>>
>>384412362
Did you even read my post?
>>384412158
I don't know, man, it just seems better than this particular game. Shooting, powers, moving around. All feels just nicer.
>>
How did BioWare go back to Dragon Age II levels of quality with Andromeda after coming out with Inquisition? Andromeda doesn't even have the excuse of being rushed like DA2, it came out 5 years after the last Mass Effect and 3 years after the last BioWare game.
>>
>>384411958
This was my favorite in the series. I love the story. This game was more about interactions between you and your squad. Some of the best scenes come from this game, like meeting back up with your old squadmates, defending Tali at her trial, helping out Grunt and earning his loyalty. Really all the loyalty missions are great, I love getting close to everyone.

Andromeda was fun, but I actually liked the story in that too. It wasn't great, but it was still good. It suffered from a lack of support from EA, and then everyone blew it out of proportion because of the Mass Effect game. My biggest problem is the last of interrupt actions and you can't be bad at all. I'm not even a soldier, I shouldn't be forced to be polite to everyone. Some people deserved to die and I couldn't do anyone because you get like no renegade options, you're just forced to be a little bitch and take it from everyone.
>>
Oh. Look it's the thread where newfags take contrarian views to appear legitimate
>>
>>384411958
>1 must be a masterpiece
While it is the least worst in the series, it's still mediocre. Mass Effect was never good.
>>
File: 1482801584140.jpg (16KB, 283x447px) Image search: [Google]
1482801584140.jpg
16KB, 283x447px
I honestly can't believe the majority of /v/ acts like ME2 is good.

This is enough to ignore the majority of opinions of this place forever.
>>
>>384412821
Resources kept being stripped and given to support Anthem. This was just a support studio that kept having resources and all their good people taken away to support a Destiny clone.
>>
>>384412996
I like how you choose to be an edgy retard instead of contributing to threads, like this guy >>384412961
But yea, like I said, I don't much care about stories in video games so I'm not really gonna sit through hours of bad gameplay just to see a story. I didn't get very far in Andromeda either, because it's still a shit game. I guess it's all story then, that's why people like this series?
>>
>>384413451
What are some other cool space RPGs?
>>
>>384412790

EA shill pls go, no one wants to buy your shitty game.
>>
>>384411958
Why did mass effect 2 decide to completely change how the weapons worked?
>>
>>384413640
Because brainlets couldn't grasp the concept or cooldowns.
>>
>>384411958
First Mass Effect wasn't perfect but it was a good start to the series. 2 completely shat on anything good about the series. I don't see why anyone was surprised by how ME3 turned out.
>>
>1 must be a masterpiece
It has some better mechanics and writing but its hot garbage unless you ignore everything but the main quest, in which case its way too short
>>
>>384413526
Yea, you seem retarded.
>>384413512
I don't really know, I actually never looked for a space RPG. Never cared for that sort of thing at all. I prefer fantasy setting I guess.
>>
>>384413451
It's certainly why I like the series so much. It's why I enjoyed Andromeda despite the animation flaws. The loyalty quests in that game really made up for it, they really are the best part. Once you start to get further in and get to the good side quests, it gets a lot better. The first part of the game is ruined because it starts off slow because of the open worlds, they should have kept it linear like the previous games and put more money into better dialogue and more quests. It's not great, but still good, probably only a 6.5 - 7. People really overreacted, if it wasn't out out by Bioware and didn't have the Mass Effect name it would've received more praise, but since it says Mass Effect people are just comparing it to the OT.
>>
>>384413976
Well if there aren't any other cool space RPGs out there look like we are stuck with ME
>>
>>384414140
I didn't say there aren't I'm just saying I don't much care for them, but I suppose KOTOR is a decent space RPG.
>>384414025
I don't know, I don't think they overreacted. The game is better than this horrible thing, but it's still a mess, it feels like they just gave up half way through, as if they thought they'll sell well just for the name alone.
>>
>>384411958
>I mean everyone hates 3, I just played 2 and it's garbage, so 1 must be a masterpiece.
This is accurate, but...
>>384412046
>Are you saying you played 2 before playing 1?
This. WTF are you doing, Anon?
>>
>>384414632
I think they overreacted about the glitches and the animations. The animations weren't good, but I wouldn't say you shouldn't get the game over them. And the glitches were really played up, I didn't experience a single game breaking glitch. I've had the game crash 2 times after playing it for hours, and I've had minor glitches like walking really slow after jumping. And I got the game day one.
>it feels like they just gave up half way through
Because all the talented people got moved over to Anthem, and their resources were taken away and moved to Anthem. If it wasn't bad enough that they're only a support studio that wasn't ready for a game like mass effect, their resources were stripped for another game. This is EA'S fault, they shouldn't have had a support studio take on such a beloved game, and they should've given it proper support knowing how many fans the series has. But they prioritized some Destiny clone instead.
>>
File: emb.jpg (20KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
emb.jpg
20KB, 334x393px
>>384411958
>b8ing

try harder next time
>>
>>384411958
Are you the same guy who claimed that he played the Souls series backwards? Are you trying to force an epic meme?
>>
>>384414140

Precursors dawg
>>
>>384413512
FTL: Faster Than Light has some RPG elements and is pretty fun, if you don't mind a simple game.
>>
>>384415235
No, when you start calling it an "overreaction" you're just apologizing for the gross incompetence of what should be one of the most seasoned names in the business. Andromeda's visual bugs and flaws are straight up embarrassing, setting aside how lackluster it is in every othet department. We have developers like BioWare and Bethesda only in recent years being taken to task for the buggy trash fire games they release and get fellated for. The magnitude of reaction is a good thing and you shouldn't take it for granted. Fuck these companies. W
>>
>>384411958
>1 must be a masterpiece
Yes.
I despise 2 and Andromeda.
3 is ok.
>>
>>384411958
Shut the fuck up, 2 is the best mass effect.

2 > 1 > 3 > Andromeda
>>
>>384416534
>of what should be one of the most seasoned names in the business
My point exactly, people keep unfairly comparing it to the OT. Nothing will ever compare. If it wasn't made by bioware and wawasn't called Mass Effect, it would've been called an average game, not get constantly shit on. This is absolutely a reaction, it's a bunch of people that expected the OT and are upset that that isn't what they got.

People are also forgetting that it isn't made by the same people. The people that made the OT are working on Anthem, the people that made Andromeda were nothing but a support studio, and should've never been handed such a huge task. They also had a lot of work done and we're forced to scrap it, they really only had 2 years to rush this out. It's important to remember that it isn't the devs fault, it's EA's.
>>
>>384411958
> worse than andromeda

Literally impossible. Fix your life mate.
>>
>>384416992
>2 > 1 > 3 > getting raped by aids junkies > Andromeda

Ftfy
>>
>>384417216
None of that shit matters, none of it. It's not Joe Blow's responsibility to be aware that the B-team is behind the development of the game and to adjust his expectations accordingly, are you serious? If EA or BioWare themselves want the BioWare label to mean anything, to inspire any kind of confidence in quality instead of just being a genre indicator, the burden lies with them to not release horseshit to their fans and errant consumers.
I get where you are coming from, EA is a big bad we can all say 'fuck you' to, but in an industry that has been coasting on mediocre products, immense marketing, and nickel-and-dime business practices, including if not ESPECIALLY BioWare/EA, the reaction is entirely appropriate, more so than many people reacting probably even realize. And again, you shouldn't take it for granted.
>>
>>384411958
Well it's pretty average, but the final mission is God tier, I played lot of bethesda games since then and I thought they would do something like that again.
They never did....
>>
>>384411958
TAKE YOUR (YOU) AND GO
>>
>>384411958
ME2 is the best game of the series.
>>
>>384419979
This. I loved ME1 when it came out but by 5 years later that game was seriously trash. One of the most poorly aged games I've ever had the displeasure of knowing.
>>
File: 43534632355.png (6KB, 369x369px)
43534632355.png
6KB, 369x369px
>>384411958
ME >>> ME2 >> ME3 >>>>> ME:A
Fight me
>>
>>384411958
>>384412075
>>384412138
>>384413065
>>384413246
Is this what nu /v/ looks like?

Fucking hell you are guys are worse than cancer.
>>
gameplay of 3 was the best imo
if you dont like the rpg elements of the game there is an option to skip it all and just focus on action.
story of 1 was okay. story of 2 was bullshit from minute 1 but the rpg elements were better than 1and 3
combat was better than 1 but not as polished as 3.
we dont talk about down syndromeda

TL;DR me:3 is the master piece if you ignore the plot
>>
>>384423149
if you ignore the ending*
>>
>>384411958
>don't give a fuck about the story
Because besides that one Tali recruitment mission there wasn't one, period.
>>
>>384423149
the failures of ME2's overarching story are almost entirely the fault of ME3 from dropping all almost every plot hook it set up, as is the job of the second entry in a trilogy
>>
>>384412075
>your, there

i want to die
>>
>>384418171
I'm not trying to defend it as a good game. I'm just saying that it was an average game with problems, but people held it up to higher expectations that made them freak out about it and act like it's a horrible game. It's not good, but it's far from horrible and it's still fun. The story is lacking, but it is still a lot of fun just jet packing around and destroying things. It's deserves criticism, but it doesn't deserve all the hate.

And while the story was really lacking, I still had fun and I really enjoyed the side missions and the loyalty quests. The loyalty quests were actually well written and the redeeming parts of the game. I didn't like Liam a whole lot, but his side quest was hilarious. And it Jaal's was a bit heartwarming, seeing him become a close friend and seeing the Angara accept you.
I want more, there are questions left unanswered that I would've liked to see be in DLC or a sequel. I want to see what happened with the Quarantine ark, and see who the benefactor was and why Jien Garson was killed, what happens with the Angara AI, what happens with your mom, who created the Remnant and I was to see more from the Kett Empire.

Like I said, this was just a support studio and this was there first big game. They are working hard to fix the problems, and I think they would really listen to feedback and could improve with a sequel and give what the fans wanted. But because fans overreacted and acted so toxic, because the devs received hate for EA's fault, because reviewers overplayed everything and only showed the boring first couple hours for to get views, the series has been put on ice and the studio layer off and it's looking like we aren't getting any extra content except for multiplayer so EA can continue jewing money from people thought the micro-transactions. This is what I'm most upset about, they aren't going to get a chance to redeem themselves and all these questions are just going to be left unanswered.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.