[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>use to pump out a new ip every other month during the dreamcast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: sega.png (30KB, 1070x800px) Image search: [Google]
sega.png
30KB, 1070x800px
>use to pump out a new ip every other month during the dreamcast era
>only makes yakuza and sonic now
what went wrong?
>>
Games are really expensive to make now, and SEGA IP's don't do well overseas.
>>
>>384409908
They went third party and their ips bombed on other platforms. Now they're just a soulless shell of what they once were.
>>
>>384409908
They decided to put all their dreamcast-like adult games on X-box and all their kid friendly games on Gamecube, leaving only scraps and shitty ports to the Ps2, you know, the best selling console at the time.

sadly all their good games did poorly leaving them to think that there's no market for them and so they stopped creating fun.
>>
>>384409908
I always thought that Sevastopol station was an allegory for how shit Sega was and how ironic it is that they published the game
>>
File: file.png (124KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
124KB, 400x400px
>port tons of ancient games to PC
>make a statement saying "we're surprised these joke ports did so well, you guys really ARE starving for games! But seriously, thanks for the money."
>specifically VC
>then make a new game for every platform but PC

>go on about how PC makes them so much money, etc etc
>while releasing dozens of games exclusively for consoles

Not really relevant, but if this is anything to go by, it just seems like Sega just makes shit up and goes along with it, without committing to anything.
>>
>>384409908

Saturn, Stolar, and over a decade of focusing Sonic Team to churn a new mess out.

Things are getting better I hope though.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.