[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come Alacard can use holy water and The Bibel as sub-weapons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_5356.png (643KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5356.png
643KB, 600x800px
How come Alacard can use holy water and The Bibel as sub-weapons in SotN with getting hurt. He's one of the good guys yes but he is still a vampire and shouldn't holy shit hurt him.
>>
>>384404692
I always assumed that was because he was half-human.
>>
>>384404692
He's half human.
It's a trope in all media that creatures that are half of one thing and half of another inherit only the good traits from both.
>Elrond
>Alucard
>Gohan
>Dante
>>
>>384404692

Holy Water is easy to explain Its in a fucking bottle you moron
>>
>>384406787
Don't forget Blade.
>>
>>384406946
>The bible is closed
>>
File: when bones attack.png (851KB, 3840x2560px) Image search: [Google]
when bones attack.png
851KB, 3840x2560px
>>
That's like asking why Nathan Drake can use guns when guns are supposed to kill people. He points the holy end at enemies, not himself.
>>
>>384404692
the bibble is in chinese so he cant read it
>>
File: 1499542647189.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1499542647189.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>384404692
he wears gloves
>>
Because his mother was human. I actually just heard this explained the other day and apparently is officially from Konami.
>>
>>384409201
So was this show animated in Texas or by some other studio in Japan or Korea?
>>
File: Alucard_002.jpg (231KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Alucard_002.jpg
231KB, 600x800px
>>384404692
He wears gauntlets
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhampir
>>
>>384406508
wwhy
>>
>>384409528

they had this folklore from albania?

huh didn't expect that
>>
>>384404692

The holy water is in a bottle. He just throws it. The bible flies around him and doesn't hit him.

Also, its a game.
>>
>—How is it that Alucard, despite being Dracula’s son, can use holy weapons and subweapons?

>Igarashi: This isn’t officially in the story, but in the backstory in my head, his mother was descended of holy blood, so he can use those weapons. That’s why Alucard has both the powers of light and dark, which was something we had decided on at the outset of the development.

>Hagihara: In the early planning stages we had an alignment system. If you used the subweapons a lot you would have a holy alignment, and if you used magic a lot you’d have a dark alignment.

>Igarashi: Yeah, and the ending would have changed based on your alignment.

http://shmuplations.com/symphony/
>>
He utterly rejects his father and all of the supernatural, evil elements he has.
>>
>>384412203
>He utterly rejects his father and all of the supernatural, evil elements he has.

He uses a lot of the same spells his father can though.
>>
>>384412152
>IGA has headcanon for a series he shaped

>SotN had an alignment system in its planning stages

That's some crazy shit.
>>
>>384412267
Presumably far less, and he's likely holding back the entire time. There's even a special little event where Alucard can turn into a giant monster when petrified and is completely invincible. He's basically a more advanced form of Dracula's second phase, suggesting that Alucard is always fighting with the absolute minimum of supernatural powers required.
>>
>>384407496
Best Castlekino or worst Ludovania?
>>
>>384412495

Best Tansakuvania.
>>
File: kinoludo.webm (3MB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
kinoludo.webm
3MB, 960x640px
>>384412495
Middlest kinoludo.
>>
>>384412495
>>384412740
>>384412862
holy shit fuck off with your memes
>>
>>384409414
Texas. They probably outsourced the in-betweens because everybody does although I haven't checked, but the key frames are all American.
>>
>>384412481
Miyazaki has/had? Headcanon for Dark Souls, I guess it's what happens when you have ideas as the creator but can't call them official just because you say so when they aren't in the game itself.
>>
File: CaslteMania_HD.jpg (2MB, 1620x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CaslteMania_HD.jpg
2MB, 1620x1080px
>>
>>384413336

>Igarashi: I really wanted to write a lot for the story this time. But being an action game, I had to cut much of it out. I hope from the progression of the dialogue, players get a sense of that larger backstory. Also, the line of dialogue that I especially liked was the final scene, when Alucard says “kore ijou haha o kurushimeru na!” (“Trouble the soul of my mother no more!”). Most of the rest of Alucard’s dialogue is very dead and emotionless, but he showed us some feeling here. I shed some tears when I heard it, so be sure to take a listen.
>>
>>384413836

It is really obvious IGA just wanted to make a story game. Since every game he had control over turned into a soap opera with vampires. That worked well for the dating sims he worked on before, but not so much for Castlevania.
>>
>>384413836

>Igarashi: As far as the story goes, I did have deeper and more involved dialogue planned, but I thought it would interrupt the game progression too much, so we took it out. There were many characters who had to be cut, but the ones I still wish we could have added were Elizabeth Bathory and Gilles de Rais. As for post-game stories, Alucard and Maria’s whereabouts are unknown. Richter uses this as an opportunity to pass the vampire killer to the Morris family, who are relatives of the Belmonts. He disappears with Annette. After this the repuation of the Belmont name as vampire hunters vanishes from history. However, that doesn’t mean the Belmont bloodline has died out, so perhaps they will rise again as Vampire Hunters someday.
>>
>>384414058

Yeah, and while I think his writing is decent, I found order of Ecclessia to have the most interesting scenario of the Tansakuvanias. Iga had no role in writing that.
>>
>>384414069
>so perhaps they will rise again as Vampire Hunters someday.
Cue Julius, who is basically IGA's self insert.
>>
File: Neckbeard-Watch.gif (5KB, 941x728px) Image search: [Google]
Neckbeard-Watch.gif
5KB, 941x728px
>>384404692

He's an atheist
>>
>>384413336
And they might end up contradicting themselves in future games.
>>
>>384406787
>vampire hunter D
Wrong.
>>
>>384414696

I was quoting the interview as I read it. Furukawa (designer and scenario writer) went into more detail:

>Furukawa: In a sense, I don’t think I can really say much about Alucard’s distant future… (it’s a mystery). As for Richter, the events of Bloodlines create the background for the story of Symphony of the Night, and I can’t confirm what happens to the Belmont clan after Richter. But that being the case, have you thought about what the future might hold? I like to think that one of the Belmonts is, unbeknownst to all, locked in battle with the King of Terror prophesized by Nostradmus to appear in July 1999.

>I’d also like to say that although Maria chases after Alucard in the ending of Symphony of the Night, he doesn’t make her a vampire. She isn’t around 10,000 years later, you know. (laughs)
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.