[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Splatoon 2 got an 84 >Suddenly everyone cares about what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: now hold up.gif (3MB, 301x176px) Image search: [Google]
now hold up.gif
3MB, 301x176px
>Splatoon 2 got an 84
>Suddenly everyone cares about what critics have to say
What happened?
I thought we all hated game critics because they had shit taste in vidya.
Honestly, all the games we've been talking about recently are great games. Like, not just "Meh, it'll work, I guess." games, but great ones that are definitely worth your time and money and none of them have gotten the reviews they deserve, and for stupid reasons, too. For example
>Reviewers don't actually play the games they review all the way through anymore, to the point where if the reviewer says "I FINISHED the game" is a genuine compliment, even though that's what you're supposed to do
>This was done with Horizon and probably BotW, and one was hailed as a masterpiece while the other received a B-
>Pretty much everything gets a B- or a C, and it's always for stupid reasons, so its clear the dudes criticizing things don't have a very refined palate
>Even if something does break through and breeches the coveted 9/10 or 9.8/10 status, it's entirely possible that it's being overrated due to critics having shit taste as we've previously established
>Crash Bandicoot's revival, something everyone expected to (and knew would) be good was given lackluster reviews because of such shitty, dumb reasons that it popularized an entire meme solely because the guys who reviewed it were such idiots

I just don't understand. Do people care because it's good for shitposting, or are people actually taking critics seriously again?
>>
It's the embodiment of "nu-/v/ is real" being true.
>>
>>384393593
>Do people care because it's good for shitposting
That's the only reason people care.
>>
You seem to be forgetting the "rules" around here.

If the review is for a game on a system you don't have or like, then high scores are paid, and decent but not tremendous scores are "blunder of the century" tier.

Of course if it's a game on a system you like, then it's fine and dandy, clearly smart critics at work if the score is high, or just plain unbiased if it's okay but not great. Hell, it might even be counter-paid reviews for a lower score.

I mean, all games are shit, and if you happen to enjoy them then you're wrong and you should "literally" kill yourself.

So sayeth the almighty /v/ collective.
>>
>>384393593
>Do people care because it's good for shitposting

You hit the nail in the head there.

People dismiss the reviews and embrace them when its convenient to shitpost. You cannot rile up nintendofans if your game is hailed as a 10/10 so you say reviews don't matter or that they are paid.

If a review is less than a 9, you use it to claim the game sucks regardless if 84 is actually a good number considering how shit reviewers can be at Splatoon (seeing back when the first game came out).

This method is also applied to Sonyfans, Xboxfans, etc.

Yes, /v/ isn't a hivemind. But these are still common tools that anyone can employ so they use them.
>>
File: no, seriously.jpg (10KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
no, seriously.jpg
10KB, 260x194px
>>384394103
>/v/ is one person
>/v/ doesn't like games
>kill yourself

Are you new? You don't seem to understand how this board goes about hating things.
>>
>>384393593
Its a b8 thread.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.