[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you still support Valve? 1.They don't care for their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 9

File: gaben_weed.jpg (31KB, 642x413px) Image search: [Google]
gaben_weed.jpg
31KB, 642x413px
Why do you still support Valve?

1.They don't care for their customers at all.
Anyone who had contact with support knows how terrible it is. It took the Australian court sueing them to finally add refunds. The whole service is designed to take your money - you own nothing

2.They operate their business in a way that is morally very questionable. Just look at the terms of service - they violate EU laws.

3.They have grown into a monopoly at this point. You want a game? Well, the only place to buy it is Steam. Do I need to explain why this is a bad thing?

4. And yes I know it's cheap and you have all of your games in one place. This doesn't invalidate my points though.

Wake up, this company doesn't care for you one bit. Stop supporting them by buying games you'll never play. Steam is not an investment. You own nothing.
>>
Valve helped PC gaming out so much. You have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
Shut the fuck up kid git gud
>>
File: 58UI0vR.jpg (35KB, 760x570px) Image search: [Google]
58UI0vR.jpg
35KB, 760x570px
>>384389080

Valve helped PC gaming out in the past, now it's just making things worse.

I genuienly miss having the nice feeling of inserting a disk into my computer and installing a game.

Now it's all done through Steam's super slow servers.
>>
Yeah your right pc gaming sucks anyway
>>
File: smilee-0923423.jpg (287KB, 1280x903px) Image search: [Google]
smilee-0923423.jpg
287KB, 1280x903px
>Why do you still support Valve?
>invented digital distribution
>sales
>helps talented indie devs make a living
>allows users to create and add their own content to games
>brought PC gaming to the living room
>doesn't charge us online fees
>trying to make a viable Linux gaming platform
>gives us free trading card and items that can be sold for games

imagine how bad it would be if someone like EA / Activision had their power
>>
>>384390382
They didn't invent digital distribution lol.
>helps talented indie devs make a living
Early access with 0 quality control is a good thing now?
>allows users to create and add their own content to games
That's up to the devs after all.
>doesn't charge us online fees
Well how would they? Kinda up to the ISP lol
>trying to make a viable Linux gaming platform
Up to the devs, their own games don't run very well on Linux

If you think that are much better than EA / Activision you are delusional.
>>
>>384390963
>Early access with 0 quality control is a good thing now?
nobody is forcing you to buy bad games. if you are too dumb to do research, you deserve to waste your money
>>
>>384391210
So are we just going to let shitty games flood the market?

No one buys them, no one even looks at them, yet they exist only to take up space
>>
>>384391335
Exactly my point.
>>
>>384391335
Quality assurance is important. No Business could survive offering their customers no protection against scams. Steam can, that's the weird part.
>>
Mostly the sales and ease of access. Even though it's drm.
It's the same reason I buy from g2a. Shit's cheap yo.
>>
>>384388434
no company cares about you
>>
>>384388434
If it weren't for Steam I'd never get into PC gaming. Steam literally made it a thing. We'd never get stuff like Dark Souls and Nier on PC otherwise.
>>
>>384393801
Yeah sure. Their goal at the end of the day is to make as much money as they can right?
But for example look at Amazon and how customer friendly they are. They realize that this will keep people coming back and maximize their sales. Why is that? Well they have to be super competitive while Steam has no serious competition.
>>
>1.They don't care for their customers at all.
That’s true of any company

Literally any company
>>
>>384389080
Just because they were good in the past doesn't mean they're good now, you know.
>>
What I don't get is what the fuck Gaben did to deserve all this.

Sure, he was supposed to be a programmer, but he never does anything now and I bet he never did anything back then either. He just leeched off from his much more talented peers.
>>
>>384395060
That's how it goes buddy.
>>
>>384390963
>Well how would they? Kinda up to the ISP lol
Consoles manage somehow.
>>
>>384394440
Yeah but look at Amazon. While they don't do it for the sake of being *good* they realize being customer friendly it maxes out their sales, bringing in moey faster.
>>
>>384389080
>helped
Notice you said HELPED and not IS HELPING
>>
I just find it pretty scary how Valve is semingly above critcism. They have their lttle army following them around, defending everything they do.
>>
File: buy my fucking compendiums.png (631KB, 1680x1300px) Image search: [Google]
buy my fucking compendiums.png
631KB, 1680x1300px
For all the good they did, they also have engineered great harm to us. They pioneered the cancer known as crates. They brought in economists and psychologists to figure out how to squeeze every cent out of you on these pointless transactions. They tried to make you pay for mods. Their customer service is below that of fucking EA for god's sake. They only added refunds because a fucking court made them do so. Valve hasn't been the good guy in the last 10 years.
>>
File: 1500407664388.png (77KB, 278x200px) Image search: [Google]
1500407664388.png
77KB, 278x200px
no one cares!!
name one company that has ever fixed a bug ?
game is re released 10 years latter on ps4, same bugs, same patches at same intervals.
why dose it not come out with all patches all content ???
is it the milking profile or is it more as if we lease these games from off world???.....
>>
File: b61.jpg (262KB, 2037x1131px) Image search: [Google]
b61.jpg
262KB, 2037x1131px
>>384397019

>Name one company that has ever fixed a bug
>Literally any game that goes from 1.0 to 1.1 and above has bugs fixed
>>
File: 1497067735680.jpg (24KB, 280x348px) Image search: [Google]
1497067735680.jpg
24KB, 280x348px
>>384392783
>no protection against scams
>Steam refunds dont exist
>>
>>384395282
Amazon works their employees into the ground
>>
>>384397246
Early access is way older than refunds, which they had to add otherwise they would have been sued by the Australian court for millions.
>>
>>384397849
That is capitalism for you unfortunately. The solution: Stop consuming.
>>
Steam is just a cheap and fast way to buy games.
I see no poblem with it.
>>
>>384398735
Good goy. We'll tell you exactly what to think and what to buy.
>>
Valve are not "the good guys" that's for damn certain, but the reason people use it is the same reason so many people play games on their phone. Everyone already HAS it in their pocket/on their pc. It's just an accepted THING now and trying to rally against it is pissing in the wind. The most you can do is try to rally to improve it, but as has already been proved you'll need an international court case to do that.
>>
>>384399487
And barely noone took notice of that. They made up shit like "Oh we only operate our Business in the US, we only sell to Australia." That's honestly very emberassing for such a big company.
>>
>>384398909
oh brother. one of you "free thinking" individuals. you honestly believe we have any choice. I'll bet you voted in the last election.
>>
Five years ago, Gabe Newell said you didn't own your games, that you only rented them from steam. And most people didn't even bat an eye.
>>
>>384388434
>caring this much about a company who's success has mainly been built on making standalone games out of other people's mods and from a vidya distribution software
>>
>>384389080
How? The first Half Life? It was a nice tech demo but that's it.
>>
>>384400283
I have never heard Gabe utter the word "rent" in reference to the game you buy on steam. In fact the only people I've heard use that term are console war shitposters trying to meme about digital games on PC and Steam (despite it working the exact same way on consoles, if not even more restrictive since in several instances digital games on consoles are locked to that specific console)
>>
>>384402215
OP here, consoles are obviously worse than PC. Thing is you can still buy a physical copy and sell it after you're done. Note that I think digital dstribution is a great idea, I just hate not having any resell value.
>>
>>384395282
>>384394383
Amazon does not give a fuck about you, especially if you're not a Prime member. They have almost no serious competition aside from Walmart, who's online retail have been floundering. Also Amazon doesn't profit from online retail, selling shit to customers isn't even their main source of revenue. Amazon makes the bulk of their profit from their cloud services aka AWS, that's their core business at this point . Valve doesn't have cloud buisness to fall back on, their source of profit is selling third party games and the steam marketplace.
>>384398019
The same can be said for Valve. The solution to Valve's monopoly is to stop buying games from steam and use alternatives like GOG and itch.io. But you and I both know you won't do that, you're not going to miss out on games that aren't on GOG or wade through itch.io's clunky store UI. And more importantly devs and publishers know you won't, which is why Valve will continue to have a monopoly on distribution until someone other than MS decides to contest and seriously compete with them.
>>
>>384402546
If you could trade digital games then companies would have to start charging to play online for PC. Why do you think consoles don't have free online anymore? People buy used and the developers get no money, but the person who bought used can still use their servers.

Sony tried to keep free online with online passes, but people bitched about that. I'd take online passes for used games over a subscription any day.
>>
If it were not for steam, pc would be dead by now.
>>
>>384403085
Fair points. But only buying games that you really play would be a good starting point to improve steam. No consumer can really do anything against them operating at the edge of the law. But stopping to throw your money at them would help a bunch, not like 95% of all steam users who stock up on shitty games they'll never play during sales.
>>
>Wow, this digital distribution company with millions of users has shit customer support
>look how good the customer support of this platform with 10 guys using it is

Are you people absolutely fucking retarded? If the other company had as many users it would be equally as shit.
>>
>>384403225
How are they gonna enforce something like that on PC though? People would easily find a Workaround if they tried.
>>
>>384388434
1. Lie i had and I got alwys help
2. so do sony,origine and other services that borrow licenses. You still can buy a retail copy.If the publisher decides to do so.
3. origine, youplay, sonybroshop, gog
so no plenty of competition but they are imbicels that cant produce anything of vale and turn the tide.
4. yes it dose as its not forcing you to use it. As I said plenty of other serivces to choose. only you lazyness is keeping you there.

5. is working the driectx destroyer and kill the microniggersoft Imperium of incompetence.
The most important why our walltes should serve valve, bring balance to webforce.
>>
>>384403225
Actually look at CSGO, if you want to have a decent experience you have to play ESEA which is a paid online service.
>>
>>384390963
your the quality controll, dont buy it and if you do your warned that its aeraly acces game.

fucking retard. I have to deal with subhumans like you every day.
>>
File: stalin.jpg (193KB, 1132x906px) Image search: [Google]
stalin.jpg
193KB, 1132x906px
>>384403781
So we should stop being critical about anything because systems are never gonna improve anyway? Cool.
>>
>>384397904
witch part in early acces you dont understand thats its buggy? The warring wirten down? the EARLY access?

You dont understand what a beta is?

You expect wallmarkt to be responsible for the fuck ups of cocka cola?

You have problems go to the devs and or his buissnes.
>>
>>384404613
99 million customers got serverd right 1 million didnt= all is shit.

KYS
>>
>>384389080
Valve made literally one game of their own, rest they bought people who made mods.
>>
>>384402546
Physical is never coming back to PC. Once PC games became conflated with PC software in general and publishers realized they could control people's access to games through the internet instead of relying on CD checks, it was pretty much done. Even if Steam was magically replaced by a more consumer-friendly company with better policies, you would still be stuck with digital-only versions.
There are a few games on consoles that can't be bought physical, and digital sales on consoles are growing faster than ever with no sign of stopping. So again I don't understand the "rental" meme targeted specifically at Steam when consoles digital works exactly the same if not worse in some cases.

>>384403225
>Why do you think consoles don't have free online anymore?
Because Microsoft demonstrated over the course of a decade that people are willing to pay for it and that it's insanely profitable. That's it. Paid online has absolutely fuck all to do with used games. With the exception of EA, third party publishers didn't control matchmaking servers and most of them didn't provide dedicated servers for console multiplayer even before Xbox Live was a thing.

Sony didn't start online passes either, because again anti-used game policies had nothing to do with paid online multiplayer. It wasn't even exclusive to Sony, the 360 also had games with online passes despite needing a Live sub to play online in the first place. Third party companies don't make money from console online subs aside from a few like Activision and Epic who had deals with Sony/Microsoft to split a share of the revenue
>>
>>384403225
>Sony tried to keep free online with online passes
wasn't that mostly EA? Sony or nintendo never tried to keep online free. They just saw that people will people pay for subscription fees.
>>
>>384396339
Not defending them, it's just OP's argument of "this company doesn't care for you" is kinda moot since it applies to every major company in this industry.
>>
I don't. Stopped buying from them awhile ago. Mostly get my games from GOG and Humble Bundle now.

GOG Galaxy is a better service than Steam btw
>>
>>384405262
nah OP got a ban for some cheating shit an thinks he has the right to cheat and now spams shit.

its 100% the time always the same.
>>
>>384404896
Let me clarify: I don't have a problem with digital dstribution at all. Sucks for collectors but I don't care. But it is highly concerning to me how Steam is designed to take money in and to never ever let it back out.
>>
>>384403713
People buy shit they don't need all the time. Hell I've bought a couple of cheap console games that I never ended up playing. You can't really fault steam for making games cheap and easy to buy. Unless you think people should start paying more for their games, which isn't very pro consumer.
>>
>>384405473
OP here. Steam never banned me or anything. I don't have a personal grudge against them. I just see through the facade.
>>
>>384405575
>But it is highly concerning to me how Steam is designed to take money in and to never ever let it back out.

That's kinda the point of a for-profit company under capitalism. If Steam was letting more money out than it was taking in it would be a failed business.
>>
>>384405608
You are actually right there.
>>
>>384405575
>Steam is designed to take money in and to never ever let it back out.
thats called a company u dumb ass. I bet you voted for bernie
>>
>>384394036
You are the reason PC gaming is dead.
>>
>>384388434
I haven't spent a goddamn penny on Steam for any of the 75 games in my library. I am Jewman, man of the Jewish tricks.
>>
>all these pcbros and gabe dick suckers itt

Good fucking redittor goys,remember to pay for mods.
>>
>>384406060
Cool arguments brah.
>>
>>384406060
>remember to pay for mods.
Remember that the backlash from PC users was great enough to put an end to paid mods on steam, just as it ended Games for Windows gold (paid online). Something which console users bent over and took with no resistance.
>>
>>384405865
That's called a shitty company.
A company would actually give you something of value for your money. Basic Exchange kinda stuff.
>>
>>384403781
Any other company of Valve's size has 24/7 phone support.
There are illegal Hong Kong keysellers who have 24/7 live chat support.

Valve customer support is a fucking joke.
>>
>>384406060
Which valve actively tried to push.
>>
>>384405575
and so is sony and so is EA and so is Uplay
>>
>>384406060
nobady is forcing you to pay for mods teh mod maker decide if they let the mods be free or want money for them. How is that steams foult to provide a service?
>>
They provide a service and find useful and convenient.
>>
They provide a service and find useful and convenient.

People who have this retarded grudge against Steam can only come up with imaginary fantasy scenarios where Valve closes up shop and steals all your games.
>>
>>384406437
>give you something of value
they're called videogames stupid.
if you dont like them, then why are you even on /v/?
>>
>>384388434
>Why do you still support Valve?
I don't, and haven't for years.
>>
>>384406537
Sony, EA and Ubisoft actually spend the money on making more games.
Valve just distributes other people's games, takes a 30% cut and spends it on hats.
>>
>>384406823
>imaginery Fantasy Scenarios. That's kinda redundant. Go to School.
>steals all your games
How can steal anything that is not legally mine in the first play?
>>
>>384406823
>I'm 12 years old and have never seen an online service die
>>
>>384406929
I like video games. That's why I don't like steam.
>>
File: ThisIsHowYouFindLove....gif (619KB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
ThisIsHowYouFindLove....gif
619KB, 264x264px
I agree with you OP. Valve is one of the dirtiest sluts in the entire business and they are ruining PC gaming. This is why I only purchase games on physical media or from gog.com, because I refuse to take part in their DRM monopoly of expensive, limited games.
>>
>>384407025
>sony, ea, and ubisoft
>games
let me just plug in my fifa2017 guys and add it to my shelf with 2016 and 2015
>>
>>384407331
don't forget killing game studios and disbanded teams for shittier projects
>>
>>384401662
He's not talking about their games, he's talking about Steam in general. PC gaming was pretty fucking dead after HL2 came out because consoles just dominated the entire market. When Steam matured into something competent by 2010 we started seeing a resurgence of the userbase on PC growing a lot and it continues to grow.
>>
The thing about early access it that it provides quick and easy money. Developers don't even have to try anymore. Some idiot is gonna buy it. Kinda like the kindle section of Amazon. 99% scams on there.
>>
>>384407025
and makes vive and its own os and has its own engine and works on the next one and has time to make hats that again nobady is forcing you to use.
>>
>>384407686
and provides a platform to sell games from its competion and its own titles and helps other devs to become valve competion.

while the other loosers and you dont do shit.

I love Steam even more as its killing publishers an costs them hundreds of millions.
>>
>>384407686
> hats that again nobady is forcing you to use.
Where is the option to turn hats off in TF2?
oh wait. They forgot to put one in because that would hurt their hat sales.
>>
>>384388434
1/2: No shit, it's a business not a charity

3: There a numerous other ways to buy games (GOG, Amazon, etc) or you can just pirate

4: How does that not invalidate your other points?
>>
>>384408481
1/2: So you think customers should just take it? Cool Position. Is that how you live life too?

3: Gog is great but unfortunately has barely any multiplayer games on it. I'd buy any day of the week from them. Most games from Amazon just come in the form of steam games. Pirating? Just no.

4: They shouldn't be above criticism just because they offer cheap games.
>>
>>384391335
there were always shitty games on the market, in [current year] there is absolutely no excuse to accidentally buy one.
>>
>yet another Valve hate circlejerk thread

Shhh, shhhh, it's ok EA. You don't need to cry about what a bully Valve is to you, it doesn't make a bit of difference. We'd still hate you even if you had Valves position. Just like we still hate you even though you drape yourself in rainbow flags. We hate you for YOU. That'll never change.
>>
You ever realize why they now brush Half-Life and all their other ip's under the rug? They haven't been developing anything other than Steam simply because they're no longer developers but publishers. Every ip of their's had a short shelf life. Half life is no longer mentioned besides memes by the company.
>>
>>384409697
OP here. EA is equally bad.
>>
>>384388434
1. uPlay is much worse.
2. This impact me how? Also it got changed for EU. Refunds and all.
3. So far they didn't act up on it and it's still the devs who set the prices of games, so no worry here.
4. Yes it does.
>>
>>384409936
No, no, you're MUCH worse. Don't worry. We'll never forget that. We'll never forget all the studios you've killed, all the classic franchises you've defiled, all your ACTUAL open disdain for your consumers. We'll never forget that it was you and Activision who singlehandedly created the 2008-2016 Dark Age Of Gaming with your 'style' of gaming.

No matter how many times you make this same thread, we will NEVER stop hating you the most of all.
>>
>>384410027
1: Did anyone here say uPlay is any better?
2: Refunds worldwide. Check your Facts. You are still not able to sell the account which you should be by EU law.
3: They are acting up on it all the time.
4: They shouldn't be able to wave the rights of their customers only because they sell cheap games.
>>
>>384388434
Hi steampunks
>>
>>384410675
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Whoever you think I am - have you taken your meds today?
>>
>>384411053
epic comeback, bro

ten cents has been deposited to your account!
>>
>>384411671
No seriously, what was this guy getting at? My being an evil embodiment of EA or some shit? Kinda scary.
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.