[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just beat Witcher 1. How does 2 compare to it? Does it at least

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

Just beat Witcher 1. How does 2 compare to it? Does it at least play better and crash less?
>>
>>384386284
If you computer is crashing with the first one it probably cant handle 2.
>>
Gameplay, story and writing are worse, game is very casualized and the whole monster hunting and alchemy aspects take a backseat in favor of trashy grimdrok game of thrones politics and Bamham action.
>>
>he actually played Witcher 1
Why the fuck did you even make yourself suffer like that?
Of course 2 is fucking better, the series wasn't even known of until Witcher 2.
>>
>>384386693
Except 1 is the only good game in the entire series you cuntface Reddit faggot
>>
File: 1495672107506.jpg (23KB, 507x536px) Image search: [Google]
1495672107506.jpg
23KB, 507x536px
>>384386452
wtf sense does that make when they are on different engines?

OP, It plays better and crashes less. The combat isn't great but the story is.
>>
>>384386876
Haha, nice try, NOBODY can be that much of an autistic contrarian retard who ironically accuses others of browsing reddit.
>>
>>384386284
it's a fucking movie compared to Witcher 1 and short too. every chapter the game areal gets smaller.

you should actually not even pirate that.
get the FFXII remaster instead so you have an actual game and not a handholding babby railroad experience.
>>
>>384387273
I already own Witcher 2 from a gift years ago and I beat FFXII just over a year ago so I'm not really interested in the remaster.
>>
>>384387273
b-but le bromance, le ebin dwarf, le pickle geralt
>>
>>384387487
>I'm not really interested in the remaster.

I guess that's understandable then but Witcher 2 is a shit deal. I never had so much buyer's remorse in my life about any game. it has no camera options either. they force it on you instead.
>>
>>384387559
all complete meme trash and full of invisible walls, beaten paths and QTE shit.
>>
>>384387827
PICKLE GERALT !
>>
>>384387273
bruh... FFXII plays itself, you can afk and jerk off while clearing trash and fighting bosses... get real
>>
>>384386284 (OP)
Xbox360 was the lead platform for Witcher 2 and it really shows
It's disgusting.
For example:
Controlls are optimized for gamepad.
Quick-time events.
You can't turn on anisotropic filtering, not even forcing through driver works.
Super comfy music from Witcher 1 got replaced by movie-like soundtrack.

It's really obvious that they tried to get the casual console kiddies.
>>
>>384389164
then why did they wait 1 year to release it on xbawx?
>>
>>384390367
Wtf, I am 99% sure I read that they developed it for 360 first. I even remember that they said it was because 360 is static hardware so it's more easy to develop for while PCs can have different configurations.
Other points still stand tho.
>>
witcher 2 is wrong in too many ways
1 was like eating an entire baguette alone
3 is like a small subway food thing
2 is like eating breadcrumbs with sliced tomatoes as dressing
>>
>>384389164
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-the-making-of-the-witcher-2
>>
>>384386284

It plays infinitely better than 1. They're almost incomparably different. It's like asking if Mass Effect 2 is better than 1. You can argue one or the other and be totally correct.

>>384389164 Why couldn't the game just simply be designed around using a controller? The 360 version was likely a goal down the line if the original release was successful enough but that hardly means the PC version wasn't the lead platform. It's certainly not like the graphics took a hit or anything.
>>
>>384386284
gameplay is shit adn the ending credits is 3 hours long and you cant skip it
>>
File: Witcher Execution.webm (2MB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
Witcher Execution.webm
2MB, 720x576px
>>384386693
>he dislikes the best game in the series
what a faggot, play it on easy baby, at least you can enjoy the game after the casual filter that is chapter 2
>>
>>384393083
>He genuinely thinks this janky, badly animated, obviously indie game with a production quality and budget akin to Ugandan movies looks good or is fun
>went out of his way to get a webm to "prove" it
You have such a twisted idea of what is a good game that I can only assume that you are mentally ill.
>>
>>384393083
>that sheathing animation
>>
don't buy it

the author is huge faggot
>>
>>384393083
>that retarded stance when he is holding sword

Every fucking time
>>
>>384393083
>planting your blade in the ground
Why
>>
>>384393083

>witcherbabbies will defend this
>>
>>384386284
TW2 is absolutely shit, and consolized the shit out of the entire series. I absolutely loathe it, and I played both 1 and 2 for the first time just a few years back.

No idea what the fuck you've done to get TW1:EE to crash.
>>
>>384391164
It was ported a year later to Xbox with all the patches that the pc version had
>>
>>384394465
>This retarded ignorant comment about said stance
Every fucking time
>>
>>384395208
whoever made this is an incompetent fucking retard and so are you for thinking this means Witcher 1 is better
I haven't seen more autistic nitpicking paraded as reasons for why a game is superior to another in a while
what's even funnier is that you wouldn't even dare to compare the actual gameplay of both games because you know you have shit to say about it and you know Witcher 1 is fucking garbage in that aspect, the only aspect that actually matters
>>
>>384396048
Look I can tell you're very passionate about your dumb opinions so I'm not gonna get in an endless arguement over this but witcher 2 had an objectively worse interface and completely ruined the potion system which was the best aspect of the original.
Also the combat in W2 was nothing special, it merely copied Dark souls and to a lesser extent AssCreed.
Putting the above aside I can say that W2 was technically a lot more impressive as it used a new engine and had a much larger budget but it simply wasn't as good of an RPG which is the whole point of these games in the first place.
Not as good mind you, still a great game.
>>
>>384396687
>Also the combat in W2 was nothing special, it merely copied Dark souls and to a lesser extent AssCreed.
Bait.
>>
>>384388215
stay salty, you salt-cracker. I got content, strategy-skill-testing, level progression and freeroaming and you have your shit movie + QTE.

you're not well off with that. hate to break it to you.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.