[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Games that others like that you just can't get into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: MH3U.jpg (34KB, 350x311px) Image search: [Google]
MH3U.jpg
34KB, 350x311px
ITT: Games that others like that you just can't get into

>slow clunky attack animations
>weapons with faster attacks do literally no damage at all
>it's just not fun

Now I'll admit I didn't get very far into it, but it wasn't doing a lot to keep me on board for very long

Help me like Monster Hunter /v/
>>
>>384386276
I'm sorry OP, but there's no cure for shit taste.
>>
nah, get fucked
you don't deserve that game
>>
>>384386392
>>384386461
It's not that I want to dislike it, but everyone and their mom praises the game and I can't for the life of me see why

What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>384386812
The start of these games are really boring and a lot of things slow down the fun parts of the game. You could try Generations/XX as they play a bit quicker and remove some shit that slows down the game. Honestly though if you don't think it's fun that's okay.
>>
>>384386812
Okay I'll bite. Have you fought the first large monster, Great Jaggi?
If yes and still don't like it, drop the game, it's not for you. Nothing wrong with that.
If no, give it another go and try to reach at least that far, and pass your judgement after you defeated it.
>>
File: 1446351699639.png (713KB, 488x1105px) Image search: [Google]
1446351699639.png
713KB, 488x1105px
here we go
>favorite game
>favorite monster
>favorite weapon
>favorite armor set
>favorite village
>favorite map
>favorite guild girl
>>
>>384388480
>favorite game
MH4U
>favorite monster
Zinogre
>favorite weapon
LS
>favorite armor set
Shagaru EX
>favorite village
Yukumo
>favorite map
The mountain-forest map from p3rd, forgot the name, the first map
>favorite guild girl
Moga sweetheart
>>
File: 1494783606942.jpg (54KB, 540x472px) Image search: [Google]
1494783606942.jpg
54KB, 540x472px
>>384388125
Yes, I beat the Great Jaggi, last monster I recall fighting was one in the desert, must've been something early on but I don't remember what it was called

Biggest problem I have I think is that none of the weapon types felt very satisfying to use
Lances were really slow
Hammers were decent
Sword and Shield was faster, but took for fucking ever to kill anything

Granted I didn't try any ranged weapons but I can't really imagine I'd like them much more

Just feels like I'm overlooking something that everyone else loves about it, but nothing's really that fun
>>
start with FU, you can go straight into hunting without any tutorial shit
>>
>>384386276
Ive played and loved A and A2, and yet this just doesnt do it for me.
>>
>>384386276
I'm not going to say your taste is shit since honestly, the MH community by and large has its head all the way up its ass. That being said, I would recommend trying to find a friend to play with and/or messing around with faster weapons like the Dual Blades. It's always more fun to play with a group and provided everyone is good or at least competent, it makes fighting things much quicker despite the health on monsters being bumped up to accommodate more players
>>
>>384386276
Why did you get 3U instead of 4U or Generations?
>>
>>384389732
3U just seemed like the one everyone had a boner for at the time, and it was before Generations was released

I've had it for a while, but I haven't played it in a long time because I didn't really enjoy it
>>
>>384389168
Just drop the game. If you don't like it already, I don't see why you would later. Don't listen to "play with friends" advice. Anything, watching paint dry is also fun with friends, not an argument.
>>
>>384389559
I don't know who spreads this meme, but health of the monster does NOT get bumped up for multiplayer. This has been debunked so many times, why are there people who still believe it?
>>
>>384386276
Never played these but I did play peace walker. Are the fights like that or nah?
>>
What is the difference between Monster Hunter and Dragon's Dogma?
>>
>>384386276
monster hunter is like dark souls you hate or love the game

If you're struggling about your weapons not doing damage that a game mechanic , the monster is not gonna show signs of damage until you deal a lot
>>
>>384390437
never played piss walker, but supposedly the gameplay was inspired by monster hunter, and it is even made by the same engine, so there might be similarities, but probably not that much
>>
>>384390649
they are completely different games with absolutely 0 things in common
>>
File: 1500134842381.png (146KB, 422x493px) Image search: [Google]
1500134842381.png
146KB, 422x493px
>>384389168
The thing about mh is that its a mix between an MMORPG and a skill based game.

I main sword and shield and I have better times than most of my friends that main the great sword (best weapon).

In the beginning I used a lot of pots and played very defensively. But you start learning monster patterns and taking advantages of safe spots.

Its not a game for everybody since i can understand people that dont like seeing direct power for having an awesome weapon like in turn based rpgs or point and click mmos.

A really shitty novice player wouldnt be able to take down a hard monster even with the best equipment you can get, but you see people taking down hyper monsters in hard with a shitty weapon and literally naked in a really good time.
>>
>>384390781
Oh well I asked just because monster hunter was in the game as a secret.
>>
>>384388480
>favorite game
MH4U
>favorite monster
Nargacuga
>favorite weapon
Light Bowgun
>favorite armor set
Puppeteer
>favorite village
Kokoto
>favorite map
Forest and Hills
>favorite guild girl
Arena Bambina
>>
Is it worth getting 4U if my 3DS is just the standard kind, or should I hold off? It would be my first MH game, if it makes a difference.
>>
>>384389168
Assuming you learned the weapon controls/basic attack patterns, it's just likely not the game for you, and that's okay.

I didn't really enjoy monster hunter until I watched a video going 'Okay, these are the moves this weapon has and these are some common attack patterns' because then I could stop learning how to get to the starting line and start learning how to win the race.
>>
>>384391489

I cant imagine playing MH without a second analog stick. My friend managed by spamming the lock-on but thats pretty disgusting.
>>
>>384391489
Get mhgen instead, it's still active online, mh4u is probably dead by now.0 It runs the same on o3ds. Mh4u runs better on n3ds.
People probably whined about it so crapcom made sure mhgen is locked to 30fps on both old and new3ds.
>>
>>384388480
MH4U
Nargacuga
HBG
Shagaru Magala
Pokke
Ancestral Steppe
Guildmarm
>>
File: maix7wY.gif (977KB, 460x210px) Image search: [Google]
maix7wY.gif
977KB, 460x210px
>>384386276

It's simple, you still have a metric shittonne to learn.

What weapon must i sheathe constantly? what movement patterns do my enemies have? where do i get the right resources? what else affects the monster like bombs, traps, flash, spiked meat? what skills compliment my weapon or play style? what tree does my weapon branch into?

And that's barely scratching the surface.
If you want to get into MH you need to invest time, because in the end every fuckup is your own damn fault.

The beginning is always a bit boring, see it as a long tutorial.
>>
>>384386276
I thought the same the first time I played 4u for about 20 hours.
Then I sat down and decided to keep playing because I wanted to like the game and spend hundreds of hours on it like all those autists. Didn't want to miss out. I tried all the weapons again, settled for dual blades because fast and CB because complexity, and forced myself to play.
Here I am now going through high rank and loving every fight that isn't against raths or ketzus.

Every weapon becomes more fun/less clunky with some skills and/or decent stats, and which monster you're fighting changes everything. I hated fighting against great jaggi and kut kus starting out. They're fast and jump everywhere and are just annoying and uninteresting. Even killing them now that I know what I'm doing a bit more is a chore. Now that I fight bigger more interesting monsters I'm enjoying every moment and the moves being slow and deliberate makes way more sense. It doesn't feel clunky anymore.

Just my experience with MH.
>>
>>384391489
I'm playing it on o3ds, works just fine. Just can't use ranged weapons.
>>
While on the topic of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, will I like this game if I like MH4U?
>>
>>384392710

If you're not an elitist 140apex faggot, sure.

It's got some fun 3rd gen monsters and maps that you will never or hardly see back again.
>>
>>384392934
>It's got some fun 3rd gen monsters and maps that you will never or hardly see back again.
That sounds pretty good. Thanks for responding.
>>
>>384392710
nah shit like the fucking retarded charm tables exist
>>
File: 1496288802901.jpg (908KB, 2429x3238px) Image search: [Google]
1496288802901.jpg
908KB, 2429x3238px
OP here, thanks for the replies fellas

Later on I might give Generations a try, who knows
>>
>>384394624

One more thing, get Ping's Dex for whatever MH you are playing.

Saves a shitload of time.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.